• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legendary Heroes of Galar - Zacian and Zamazenta for Smash

Which would you rather see get in Smash as a newcomer?

• Zacian

• Zamazenta

Results are only viewable after voting.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Nice little article that talks about the significance of Zacian and Zamazenta.

The author might be overselling them a little, but I definitely agree with him when he says they stand out among past boxart Legendaries.
Was an interesting read. Says something that there's a lot of fondness for Zacian and Zamazenta and how well their lore works, as well as how many people seem to want a non-starter from Gen 8 to get into Smash for variety's sake.

But how can we get people to put two and two together?

Both are still pretty huge and taller than nine feet. This is a comparison between Zacian and a five-foot man.

View attachment 273149

Both are just a few inches shorter than Xerneus, who sort of cheats by gaining an extra foot or two thanks to it's antlers.
Measurements have always been...inconsistent in Dex entries. Sometimes they're meant to be listing standing height, other times seated height, other times length...it makes it hard to tell exactly which is correct sometimes.

Based on the ingame cutscenes, it seems like they're around horse sized, which is still pretty big. Enough that they'd need to be sized down a little to work in Smash, the opposite of pretty much every other Pokémon fighter (other than Mewtwo, whose size is actually pretty accurate). Needing to be shrunk down didn't stop Ridley, though (or Bowser, whose size changes with each Mario game based on how big the devs want him to be), so it's not a huge problem.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Was an interesting read. Says something that there's a lot of fondness for Zacian and Zamazenta and how well their lore works, as well as how many people seem to want a non-starter from Gen 8 to get into Smash for variety's sake.

But how can we get people to put two and two together?

Measurements have always been...inconsistent in Dex entries. Sometimes they're meant to be listing standing height, other times seated height, other times length...it makes it hard to tell exactly which is correct sometimes.

Based on the ingame cutscenes, it seems like they're around horse sized, which is still pretty big. Enough that they'd need to be sized down a little to work in Smash, the opposite of pretty much every other Pokémon fighter (other than Mewtwo, whose size is actually pretty accurate). Needing to be shrunk down didn't stop Ridley, though (or Bowser, whose size changes with each Mario game based on how big the devs want him to be), so it's not a huge problem.
Yeah, it says furret is 6 foot in the dex.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I realized that I had never seen Zacian and Zamazenta's animation for failed curry.

I like how Zacian's ears fold down like the food is truly a pain to eat.

The most challenging part will probably be Zacian's wings, but all they really need to do make sure they aren't part of the hitbox. I don't see any issues with Zamazenta.

zacian

Smash Apprentice
The most challenging part will probably be Zacian's wings, but all they really need to do make sure they aren't part of the hitbox. I don't see any issues with Zamazenta.
Do you think they’d make Zacian’s normal form (the one without the gold stuff) an alt coustume if the wings aren’t part of its hit box?

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Do you think they’d make Zacian’s normal form (the one without the gold stuff) an alt coustume if the wings aren’t part of its hit box?
Maybe. Both of the Crowned forms are nearly identical to the Hero forms.

I do expect the wings to be involved in a few attacks. I just meant that whenever they're not being used in an attack, the top part of the wings wouldn't have a hitbox (or hurtbox as some refer to it). It would make Zacian a smaller target to hit.

Last edited:

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
Quick update, the Anime will be returning on June 7 in Japan

Last edited:

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
That was quick. They literaly dropped it at the start of the month. I do wonder how much they've yet to show & if the wait will be till late June, or maybe a few days.

Staarih

Smash Master
No English trailer up yet, but here's the Japanese one. Isle of Armor comes out June 17th, so not too long of a wait.

Staarih

Smash Master
Yeah, the trailer didn't really show much we didn't already know. But I do think the environments look really good, so I'm going in with an open mind.
Funny how the Galarian legendary birds have the Psychic-Fighting-Dark type triangle.

Also, did or did I not totally call Galarian Slowbro's typing lol:
I personally bet that its typing will be Psychic/Poison, so that both Klara and Avery with their specialized types could use it in their teams.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I was expecting two dudes talking about the s*** in the trailer not just a trailer. The trailer didn't reveal any specifics other than the release date. I'm just happly they're insinuating that those two are regis.
theres info about them on the official pokemon site they are regidrago and regeleki (also for the birds) they sound amazing

have to say overall crown tundra is looking way better than isle of armour

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
theres info about them on the official pokemon site they are regidrago and regeleki (also for the birds) they sound amazing

have to say overall crown tundra is looking way better than isle of armour
I'd say it's truly keeping to it's theme of exploration so far. Isle of Armor seems to just be for training and having a few character interactions here and there.
Though to be fair, we've never really had a tundra environment before and having to find new legendaries + having actual dungeons for some of them is very exciting.

And i'm now obsessing over Zapdos.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Regidrago was being built by regigigas but he ran out of dragon droppings and could only finish the head, so he's just like "eh whatever, have fun being a head, I'm gonna go build a few more regirock and go to sleep."
droppings? you have an odd headcanon

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
I've looked over the soundtrack for each series in smash, and i've realized how many omisions there are from many pokemon gens. Gen 1 is fine like always, but other gens got the short end of the stick.

What songs from past gens would you hope get added along with the gen 8 pokemon (regardless of how unlikely it is).

If i went with 2 per gen (all remixes for me personally), i'd say:
2. Battle! Johto Gym Leader/Elite Four & Battle! Team Rocket.
3. Battle! Team Magma/Aqua Grunt & Battle! Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza.
4. Battle! Giratina & Battle! Uxie/Mesprit/Azelf.
5. Battle! Gym Leader/Legendary Pokemon Medley & Battle! Final N.
6. Battle! Xerneas/Yveltal/Zygarde & Battle! Elite Four.
7. Battle! Ultra Necrozma & Battle! Aether Lusamine Medley.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I
I've looked over the soundtrack for each series in smash, and i've realized how many omisions there are from many pokemon gens. Gen 1 is fine like always, but other gens got the short end of the stick.

What songs from past gens would you hope get added along with the gen 8 pokemon (regardless of how unlikely it is).

I really qant the regis battle theme from ORAS

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

hmm tough one

gen 2: trainer battle and champion battle
gen 3: deyoxs battle and dive theme
gen 4: rival battle and gym leader battle
gen 5: i cant think of the music atm ill get back to you
gen 6: xerneaus/yevtal battle and kalos power plant
gen 7: ultra beast battle and hau battle
gen 8: north wild area and battle tower

zacian

Smash Apprentice

I just need Ultra Necrozma’s theme and I’m good. They should also add the Pokémon Play It intro theme

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
anyone noted that, that list of datamined moves has been proven true with one of them being slowbro's move and another is on the website

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
anyone noted that, that list of datamined moves has been proven true with one of them being slowbro's move and another is on the website
Yep. Normally I post on the Cinderace thread but here's a complete list for people's reference.
*Edit: added descriptions to Urshifu's moves and abilities.

Datamined the latest update from Pokémon HOME. Credit to
Centro Pokémon LEAKS@CentroLeaks

MOVES:

- Steel Roller
- Scale Shot
- Meteor Beam
- Shell Side Arm - "G Slowbro's Signature Move" inflicts damage and may poison the target. It inflicts either physical or special damage depending on which will damage the target more.

- Misty Explosion
- Grassy Glide - an attack that has boosted in priority in Grassy Terrain
- Rising Voltage
- Terrain Pulse
- Skitter Smack
- Burning Jealousy - damages both opponents and has a chance of Burning the opponent if they have had their stat boosted during the same turn.
- Lash Out
- Poltergeist
- Corrosive Gas
- Coaching
- Flip Turn
- Triple Axel
- Dual Wingbeat
- Scorching Sands

- Wicked Blow - "Single Strike Style Urshifu’s Signature Move" this move always results in a critical hit

- Surging Strikes - "Rapid Strike Style Urshifu’s Signature Move" three-hit combo move, this move always results in critical hits

ITEMS:

A bunch of items were also added to HOME
- Max Honey
- Max Mushrooms
- Galarica Twig
- Galarica Cuff
- Style Card
- Armor Pass - pass to go to Isle of Armor
- Exp. Charm (which was already confirmed, https://swordshield.pokemon.com/en-us/expansionpass/features/)
- Armorite Ore - can be traded to teach moves
- Mark Charm

ABILITIES
- Quick Draw (which we now know belongs to G Slowbro)

- Unseen Fist (which we already know belongs to Urshifu)
This Ability lets the Pokémon deal damage when it attacks with moves that make direct contact, even if the target defends itself by using moves like Protect.

I should also mention that there was an update sometime ago and a guy found out that 4 old signature moves have been added, which could mean that the Pokemon that have those moves are coming back.

Techno Blast (Genesect)
Judgment (Arceus)
Dark Void (Darkrai)
V-create (Victini, although Rayquaza can have it as well)

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Yep. Normally I post on the Cinderace thread but here's a complete list for people's reference.

Datamined the latest update from Pokémon HOME. Credit to
Centro Pokémon LEAKS@CentroLeaks

MOVES:

- Steel Roller
- Scale Shot
- Meteor Beam
- Shell Side Arm - "G Slowbro's Sig Move" inflicts damage and may poison the target. It inflicts either physical or special damage depending on which will damage the target more.

- Misty Explosion
- Grassy Glide - an attack that has boosted in priority in Grassy Terrain
- Rising Voltage
- Terrain Pulse
- Skitter Smack
- Burning Jealousy - damages both opponents and has a chance of Burning the opponent if they have had their stat boosted during the same turn.
- Lash Out
- Poltergeist
- Corrosive Gas
- Coaching
- Flip Turn
- Triple Axel
- Dual Wingbeat
- Scorching Sands
- Wicked Blow
- Surging Strikes

ITEMS:

A bunch of items were also added to HOME
- Max Honey
- Max Mushrooms
- Galarica Twig
- Galarica Cuff
- Style Card
- Armor Pass - pass to go to Isle of Armor
- Exp. Charm (which was already confirmed, https://swordshield.pokemon.com/en-us/expansionpass/features/)
- Armorite Ore - can be traded to teach moves
- Mark Charm

ABILITIES
- Quick Draw (which we now know belongs to G Slowbro)
- Unseen Fist (which we already know belongs to Urshifu)

I should also mention that there was an update sometime ago and a guy found out that 4 old signature moves have been added, which could mean that the Pokemon that have those moves are coming back.

Techno Blast (Genesect)
Judgment (Arceus)
Dark Void (Darkrai)
V-create (Victini, although Rayquaza can have it as well)
burning jealousy sounds like such a troll move when combined with things like swagger

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
Uhh...

Whoever thought of this needs a promotion. Feels very nostalgic.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
It's been a whole year! Crazy how much time has passed since we first saw these two.

20200605_150811.png

I guess this also marks the first anniversary of this thread too. Thanks to everyone for showing your support for Zacian and Zamazenta. Without you guys, this thread would never have become the success that it is today.

Here's to hoping we have another great year of speculation. One that will (hopefully) end with one of the two Legendaries getting in Smash.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
It's been a whole year! Crazy how much time has passed since we first saw these two.

View attachment 273875

I guess this also marks the first anniversary of this thread too. Thanks to everyone for showing your support for Zacian and Zamazenta. Without you guys, this thread would never have become the success that it is today.

Here's to hoping we have another great year of speculation. One that will (hopefully) end with one of the two Legendaries getting in Smash.
Indeed.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
*Indeedee.

Gotta say i miss the few days where the comunity wasn't a civil war that painted it on a bad light. I wish they can oatch up at least a bit with time.

Back then i was eagerly searching for reactions to new announcements.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin

View attachment 273875

Hard to believe it's been a year. So much has gone on in the time since, both in gaming news and in the real world.

Well...here's hoping for the best, I suppose.

How about some music to celebrate? I stumbled across this a while back.

If there was ever something that'd fit in a reveal trailer for these two...

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Speaking of music, any ideas on what the victory theme would be?

Do you prefer the same one they've been using, or is there something from SwSh you'd like to see?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

Do you prefer the same one they've been using, or is there something from SwSh you'd like to see?
with the number of unique victory themes you would think pokemon would have at least one, ive always thought the badge get jingle would make a great victory theme, though that might not be suited to these two, perhaps an excerpt of their battle them

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky

I'd say they should've been giving pokemon unique themes per gen rather than the same theme from over a decade ago (which even now it's a rushed version with a piece cut out, just sounds wrong). They've been doing it for the Fire Emblem characters from Awakening onwards.

Though i don't really know what could be used for their victory theme.

Last edited:

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
I'm really curious to see who Fighter #7 will be, so hopefully they show who it is after showcasing the Arms character. Who would be quite big to announce around what was going to be e3 time?

Top Bottom