• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legendary Heroes of Galar - Zacian and Zamazenta for Smash

Which would you rather see get in Smash as a newcomer?

• Zacian

• Zamazenta

Results are only viewable after voting.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
I guess it depends on if Nintendo asked for a Pokemon and let Samurai have creative freedom with it too. Then it'll edge on if Sakurai went unpredictable as usual and chose a important mon that no one was expecting. I could definitely see them going the extra mile with it when Hero has three different gimmicks in one character, Terry having all the stuff that he has and the Pokemon Trainer.
It'd also depend of how long the character would take to develop. I wouldn't put it past Sakurai to have diled down a character's moveset a tad for either time constraints or bloated complexity.

Even though i think Galar has a great selection to pick from, i can't say I'm on board with the current "gimmicks" people are coming up with. Which is why i'm anticipating very anxiously to see what Sakurai does with whatever pokemon he picks and i low key hope it's a pokemon i really like so i don't feel the same way i did to Incineroar's reveal trailer (though it did grow up on me).

And for everyone interested in the dub of the new anime, the release date for the first episode is on June 12th.

Last edited:

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
Actually you can watch the first few episodes of the dub right now. Canada has been airing episodes starting from last week.

Last edited:

Trevenant

Smash Lord
It'd also depend of how long the character would take to develop. I wouldn't put it past Sakurai to have diled down a character's moveset a tad for either time constraints or bloated complexity.

Even though i think Galar has a great selection to pick from, i can't say I'm on board with the current "gimmicks" people are coming up with. Which is why i'm anticipating very anxiously to see what Sakurai does with whatever pokemon he picks and i low key hope it's a pokemon i really like so i don't feel the same way i did to Incineroar's reveal trailer (though it did grow up on me).

And for everyone interested in the dub of the new anime, the release date for the first episode is on June 12th.
Yeah that matters too. I think it would be less gimmicky and more unique as headbutts, paw swipes and body rams comprising the majority of a moveset is unseen in smash and bite attacks are uncommon too. Itd be less gimmicky but more unique. But I guess the ball is in Sakurais court in whatever alternate universe this may happen in.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
Yeah that matters too. I think it would be less gimmicky and more unique as headbutts, paw swipes and body rams comprising the majority of a moveset is unseen in smash and bite attacks are uncommon too. Itd be less gimmicky but more unique. But I guess the ball is in Sakurais court in whatever alternate universe this may happen in.
While i woull really want either legendary wolf, Dragapult or Toxtricity to be picked, on the back of my head it keeps whispering cinderace... rillaboom... cinderace... rillaboom...

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
This is somewhat relevant to the current conversation; one gimmick that I'm tired of seeing is rhythm-based attacks. Almost every time a potential music themed character is brought up, that's the first idea people have for their moveset. Wouldn't you know, we have two musical Pokemon this time around.

Maybe I'm restricting myself because of Rhythm Heaven, but I don't think a moveset like this is very fitting for Rillaboom or Toxtricity. If it were just one attack then I might be fine with it.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
This is somewhat relevant to the current conversation; one gimmick that I'm tired of seeing is rhythm-based attacks. Almost every time a potential music themed character is brought up, that's the first idea people have for their moveset. Wouldn't you know, we have two musical Pokemon this time around.

Maybe I'm restricting myself because of Rhythm Heaven, but I don't think a moveset like this is very fitting for Rillaboom or Toxtricity. If it were just one attack then I might be fine with it.
Yeah I do agree. At least with rhythm heaven it is actually a major part of the series while with those Pokemon specifically nothing suggests they should do it outside of musical motifs.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
but not intelleon?
While i don't have any evidence of such, it's just my personal gut feeling that Inteleon is the least likely out of the three (even though it's the starter i'd want to have join the most).

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
While i don't have any evidence of such, it's just my personal gut feeling that Inteleon is the least likely out of the three (even though it's the starter i'd want to have join the most).
I'd argue Rillaboom is the least likely.

One, because it's blatantly easier to make a moveset for the other two starters. You've got a large, bulky gorilla who bangs on a huge drum vs two slim and agile Pokemon — one who excels at kicking projectiles, and the other sniping.

Two, it's gotten significantly less promotion than the Scorbunny line. After Sobble's appearance in the anime, it might be getting less promotion than its line as well.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
thats fair, gut feelings is what smash speculation boils down to

I'd argue Rillaboom is the least likely.

One, because it's blatantly easier to make a moveset for the other two starters. You've got a large, bulky gorilla who bangs on a huge drum vs two slim and agile Pokemon — one who excels at kicking projectiles, and the other sniping.

Two, it's gotten significantly less promotion than the Scorbunny line. After Sobble's appearance in the anime, it might be getting less promotion than its line as well.
you would hope that a dev team willing to turn PP into a fighter wouldnt be hampered by someone like rillaboom.

its difficult to tell where the animes gonna go, especially these days

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
I do wonder if this will somehow impact the anime's pacing given that it doesn't seem that development of the games isn't slowed down (as we know of).

And even more so, will the launch of generation 9 be impacted by this pandemic slowing things down. Most generations tend to last 3 years.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I do wonder if this will somehow impact the anime's pacing given that it doesn't seem that development of the games isn't slowed down (as we know of).

And even more so, will the launch of generation 9 be impacted by this pandemic slowing things down. Most generations tend to last 3 years.
im worried they'll make a virus pokemon

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
im worried they'll make a virus pokemon
Well Porygon-Z is taken over by a virus...

Though i don't really know what country would be fit to have a virus pokemon to begin with (and also given how pokemon as a franchise seeks to pander to every person possible on the planet, so they always try to stay away from political or sensitive subjects).

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Well Porygon-Z is taken over by a virus...

Though i don't really know what country would be fit to have a virus pokemon to begin with (and also given how pokemon as a franchise seeks to pander to every person possible on the planet, so they always try to stay away from political or sensitive subjects).
yeah a virus poekmon does seem like something to avoid, but it would not be the strangest pokemon

and lets face it theres a fair few pokemon who could kill us all

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

Sakurai said DLC is going smoothly because his team is so small.

A large-scale game like a new pair of Pokemon games is a whole different ball game, and depending on how long this lasts, I see one of two things happening. The first is that the pace for new releases is slowed down, and Gen 8 lasts four years. It's likely that whatever game they planned on releasing next (possibly Gen 4 remakes) has already gotten a decent chunk of work done, so dropping the project and moving on to Gen 9 for the time being wouldn't be wise. The second is that the next Gen is rushed in order to meet deadlines.

Last edited:

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
Sakurai said DLC is going smoothly because his team is so small.

A large-scale game like a new pair of Pokemon games is a whole different ball game, and depending on how long this lasts, I see one of two things happening. The first is that the pace for new releases is slowed down, and Gen 8 lasts four years. It's likely that whatever game they planned on releasing next (possibly Gen 4 remakes) has already gotten a decent chunk of work done, so dropping the project and moving on to Gen 9 for the time being wouldn't be wise. The second is that the next Gen is rushed in order to meet deadlines.
Let's just hope TPC is smart enough to draw out generation 8 so the next gen games aren't rushed. The anime is also currently on hiatus, so unless they had a lot of pointless filler it shouldn't be rushed either.

yeah a virus poekmon does seem like something to avoid, but it would not be the strangest pokemon

and lets face it theres a fair few pokemon who could kill us all
The touchy subject i was refering to wasn't if the pokemon would kill us, it's if said virus pokemon wouldn't be offensive to someone (like basing it off of the black plague or something).

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
The touchy subject i was refering to wasn't if the pokemon would kill us, it's if said virus pokemon wouldn't be offensive to someone (like basing it off of the black plague or something).
they would probably stay away from controversial subjects, thats why they didnt make that dolly the sheep pokemon, so i cant see them doing something like that, maybe something a bit more low key

zacian

Smash Apprentice
I’m coming up with some ideas for a Wild Area stage, but I’m kinda having a hard time finding spots that would be good for a stage. Do you guys have any suggestions?

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I’m coming up with some ideas for a Wild Area stage, but I’m kinda having a hard time finding spots that would be good for a stage. Do you guys have any suggestions?
How about these?

PicsArt_05-20-07.20.12.jpg

Keep in mind that you don't have to depend entirely on the layout. You can add floating platforms too.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
I'm definitely looking foward to all the people using the new pokemon stage as ammo against SwSh's graphics. "Why does this stage of the galar region look so much better than pokemon Sword & Shield?! How pathetic!"

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I'm definitely looking foward to all the people using the new pokemon stage as ammo against SwSh's graphics. "Why does this stage of the galar region look so much better than pokemon Sword & Shield?! How pathetic!"
How much would you bet that's gonna happen?
On the topic of that, I saw this youtube comment from a very serious guy who said that EA and Game Freak are similar to one another. How you could compare these two, I don't know.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
They’re giving out some Galar Forms through Mystery Gift to prepare for the Isle of Armor. It goes on for 4 weeks.
(Also sorry if this appears just as a link, I don’t know to how to display tweets fully) https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/1263862422193889282?s=21
There's a section when writing the post that looks like three dots that is called insert (it's next to the smily face). You click on it, then choose Media and then insert the url of the tweet then you hit continue.

How much would you bet that's gonna happen?
On the topic of that, I saw this youtube comment from a very serious guy who said that EA and Game Freak are similar to one another. How you could compare these two, I don't know.
Well, i guess that's what happens when they say things they shouldn't have said. To be fair, Gamefreak wasn't wholy transparent in regards to the dex cut. They first say it's to improve animations & visuals (that they supposedly had to remake every model from scratch which is up for debate as to wether it's translated well), they then leave an empty statement that does nothing to help the angry fans; and then they change it to improve the competitive scene. I do think they should've said so from the start.
Given the amount of content in SwSh not being anything to write home about and they go and announce dlc expansions 2 months after launch, did you not expect people to be mad at the lack of content for a $60 game and saying that they're selling us the "postgame" for extra money? I don't fully agree as they never promised such for launch but i wasn't surprised in the slightest when the backlash came after.

Other than lack of transparency they share nothing in common. It's not GF's fault that people got overhyped for a potential AAA open-world Pokemon game when they promised nothing (we can thank false leakers giving them too many ideas for a huge pokemon experience). I don't see much complainig from Kirby Star Allies or even past kirby games being very similar and not changing things up (though they said they hope the next one will be the pinnacle of Kirby).

I know this mindset isn't pretty, but not every franchise in the world has to change & innovate. As much as i'd love to see pokemon be taken to the next level in it's narrative and region exploration, i'm in no particular hurry to get there as i personally play many other games that already innovate and change things up. But i understand how frustrating it is for people who exclusively play pokemon and yearn for so much more.

Last edited:

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
So I just heard that some people have datamined the latest update from Pokémon HOME. In addition to Jungle Healing they found 21 new moves. I’m going to look into it and see if it’s legit, but I would appreciate it if anyone else can vouch for or verify this leak.

Expanding Force
Steel Roller
Scale Shot
Meteor Beam
Shell Side Arm
Misty Explosion
Grassy Glide
Rising Voltage
Terrain Pulse
Skitter Smack
Burning Jealousy
Lash Out
Poltergeist
Corrosive Gas
Coaching
Flip Turn
Triple Axel
Dual Wingbeat
Scorching Sands
Wicked Blow
Surging Strikes

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
So I just heard that some people have datamined the latest update from Pokémon HOME. In addition to Jungle Healing they found 21 new moves. I’m going to look into it and see if it’s legit, but I would appreciate it if anyone else can vouch for or verify this leak.

Expanding Force
Steel Roller
Scale Shot
Meteor Beam
Shell Side Arm
Misty Explosion
Grassy Glide
Rising Voltage
Terrain Pulse
Skitter Smack
Burning Jealousy
Lash Out
Poltergeist
Corrosive Gas
Coaching
Flip Turn
Triple Axel
Dual Wingbeat
Scorching Sands
Wicked Blow
Surging Strikes
cant vouch for the leak but it sounds believable, dont know why.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky

Expanding Force
Steel Roller
Scale Shot
Meteor Beam
Shell Side Arm
Misty Explosion
Grassy Glide
Rising Voltage
Terrain Pulse
Skitter Smack
Burning Jealousy
Lash Out
Poltergeist
Corrosive Gas
Coaching
Flip Turn
Triple Axel
Dual Wingbeat
Scorching Sands
Wicked Blow
Surging Strikes
We could be getting some Isle of Armor news very soon. I'd say either this or next week.

zacian

Smash Apprentice
June 5th is next week, so it’s almost the first anniversary since Zacian and Zamazenta got revealed

Top Bottom