• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legendary Heroes of Galar - Zacian and Zamazenta for Smash

Which would you rather see get in Smash as a newcomer?

• Zacian

• Zamazenta

Results are only viewable after voting.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I think there's something we need to consider given how many people are ditching e3 this year and the big virus causing a lot of stress and fear.

Where would nintendo host their big June direct if e3 ends up being cancelled?
they could always borrow my spare sealed vaccum bubble

edit: and its cancelled

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
In other news...

Sad because I low-key wanted this character, but this is actually really interesting. If we include Three Houses, this is the third first-party in a row that's had Spirits added months after the corresponding game launched (Astral Chain, 3H, RFA). With all three of these games, there was about 4-6 months between them and their Spirits.

Compare that to SwSh, which had Spirits only a week later.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
Nintendo will still air their presentation regardless of what happens. They don't even need E3 for their Treehouse segments; those can be filmed at their headquarters.

The coronavirus could possibly cause E3 to be cancelled/rescheduled, and I feel like that's a legitimate possibility given where E3 is held. Do I feel like something of that level needs to be done? Not really, but I guess that's a topic for another thread.
And it seems we have our answer already:

They also said this: "exploring options with our members to coordinate an online experience to showcase industry announcements and news in June 2020."
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3-2020-officially-canceled/1100-6474647/

It doesn't guarantee that we will get digital events during June, we could get absolutely nothing, but it's possible we will get digital events during June.

I'm curious how Nintendo is doing regarding the pandemic.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
The SwSh Spirits are available on the Spirit Board now. Was thinking they could possibly hold them off until the DLC character, but I suppose that would be a dead giveaway. Seems like they have a long backlog of Spirits now too, so they wouldn't be able to stall very long without skipping them and making it even more obvious.

Staarih

Smash Master
So, Go's Scorbunny evolved into Raboot in today's episode. I'm kinda surprised to be honest, I was expecting it to remain unevolved for a much longer time, if only for merchandise purposes etc. Maybe they'll want to capitalize on Cinderace's popularity then, I'm expecting to see it in the anime sooner than later now, Pyro Ball is something they definitely want to showcase.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
So, Go's Scorbunny evolved into Raboot in today's episode. I'm kinda surprised to be honest, I was expecting it to remain unevolved for a much longer time, if only for merchandise purposes etc. Maybe they'll want to capitalize on Cinderace's popularity then, I'm expecting to see it in the anime sooner than later now, Pyro Ball is something they definitely want to showcase.
and still no grookey and sobble? that is some blatant favouritism

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
and still no grookey and sobble? that is some blatant favouritism
It's not just their favoritism, Cinderace is the most popular galar starter evo, 6th most popular galar, and it's thread has been getying a lot more support and attention recently. Rillaboom has been usurped from most popular to least, Cinderace has been having a major blow up in popularity.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
It's not just their favoritism, Cinderace is the most popular galar starter evo, 6th most popular galar, and it's thread has been getying a lot more support and attention recently. Rillaboom has been usurped from most popular to least, Cinderace has been having a major blow up in popularity.
well sure but scorbunny was put in the anime before they knew who the popular one was

Trevenant

Smash Lord
But the anime has been in production months in advance. I don’t think the thread or the Pokemon day poll has any bearing on who they promote as the new Lucario.

The only way the anime would use the poll to decide which Pokemon will have prominent roles etc would be if the episode was made after Pokemon day which absolutely isn’t the case.

Most likely case scenario is that this is a rerun of greninja from gen 6 where they are trying to push Cinderace as the ‘face’ of the gen. It’s got two signature moves like Greninja, it has the exact same hidden ability but with a different coat of paint etc. It’s probably gaining popularity because of that exact reason too

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Bear in mind, the Smash community tends to mix up popularity and prominence. The latter tends to be a bigger deal when it comes to who gets chosen, but the brunt of talk toward Pokémon--or any game with several viable options--always ends up leading to arguments over who is more popular and "deserving". We'd be better off not falling into that.

It's weird that we haven't seen the other Galar starters at all in the anime yet, though. But considering how weird the Gen 8 anime has been so far and how early it is, hard to say if that even means anything. Especailly since the Pokémon who ended up chosen for the base game didn't have the spotlight role in the Alola anime, so the evidence for Smash is very inconclusive for now.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
But the anime has been in production months in advance. I don’t think the thread or the Pokemon day poll has any bearing on who they promote as the new Lucario.

The only way the anime would use the poll to decide which Pokemon will have prominent roles etc would be if the episode was made after Pokemon day which absolutely isn’t the case.

Most likely case scenario is that this is a rerun of greninja from gen 6 where they are trying to push Cinderace as the ‘face’ of the gen. It’s got two signature moves like Greninja, it has the exact same hidden ability but with a different coat of paint etc. It’s probably gaining popularity because of that exact reason too
The focal point of the game is large sporting events, just to give an idea.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Game Freak is usually good at predicting which starter will end up being the favorite. Even without the promotion and other things like Smash, I still think Froakie and Scorbunny would be the favorites. Course, GF isn't perfect either. Rowlet was the most popular starter from Alola even though Litten was pushed harder.

Anyway, in lieu of today's episode...

I gotta say, even as someone who favors the Scorbunny line, I feel like Grookey and Sobble are being robbed here. We're 17 episodes in and we've seen neither. Meanwhile, Scorbunny has already evolved into Raboot.

Regarding Smash, I wouldn't push Cinderace as the frontrunner just yet, especially since the other starters are MIA. It's possible Ash could catch one of the two. There's also a lot of other notable Pokemon from Galar who have yet to have made an appearance.

Last edited:

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
The thirst for a Nintendo direct or news in general has gone out of hand, there's so much unhealthy tension amoung many people.

But it's strange given that they always have info. before their fiscal year ends on March 31st.
The good question is when will we get more information on the expansions for Sword & Shield, as well as what games will they have for 2020.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
The thirst for a Nintendo direct or news in general has gone out of hand, there's so much unhealthy tension amoung many people.

But it's strange given that they always have info. before their fiscal year ends on March 31st.
The good question is when will we get more information on the expansions for Sword & Shield, as well as what games will they have for 2020.
Ever since the Switch has launched, Nintendo has revealed a major game in the months leading up to E3 (Odyssey, Ultimate, SwSh). I don't know if we'll get a new game, but I do expect a Direct to lay down the groundwork for whatever they had planned for E3 this year. We should get something soon.

SwSh is harder to predict. Honestly, we could be left waiting until late May or early June.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Here’s some Classic Mode routes made by me and fogbadge fogbadge in the Classic Mode creation thread:
Zacian: Hero of Many Battles (fights characters with swords and other close-combat weapons)
Stage 1: :ultyounglink::ultganondorf: on Temple (Slumbering Weald)
Stage 2: :ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultzss:(free-for-all) on :skyworld: (Brinstar (Melee))
Stage 3: :ulttoonlink::ulttoonlink::ulttoonlink::ulttoonlink:on Skyloft (Village of the Blue Maiden)
Stage 4: :ultgreninja::ultrobin:on Unova League (Route 10)
Stage 5: :ultsimon::ultrichter:(free-for-all) on Dracula’s Castle (Dracula’s Castle)
Stage 6: :ulthero::ulthero::ulthero::ulthero:(Luminary, Erdrick, Solo and Eight):ultbyleth::ultbyleth::ultbyleth: (Dimitri, Edelgard and Claude) (free-for-all) on Yggdrasil’s Altar (Blue Skies and a Battle)
Boss: Ganon
then i shall take it upon my self

zamazenta: dauntless shields (characters with super armour or shields)

round 1: king k.rool, kongo falls
round 2: little mac, boxing ring
round 3: palutena and pit, skyworld
round 4: mii sword fighters in link's outfit, streetpass quest
round 5: all three links, bridge of elben
round 6: all four heroes, slumbering weald
round 7: bonus
round 8: ganon

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
This image was taken 10 hours ago in Japan following a restock.

View attachment 265958

Poor Zamazenta can't catch a break.
:'( Aw, poor Zamazenta....as much as I would like to get Zacian first, if I could, I would get the other poor boy too. He's probably just as soft and cuddly.

So, what is causing this? Popularity or how the plush pattern looks?

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
So, what is it causing this? Popularity or how the plush pattern looks?
People are buying Zacian to help fight against the Coronavirus.

Jokes aside, I have no idea. It could be genuine popularity, or it could be the scarcity of the plush and many people/scalpers are buying Zacian as soon as they can before it sells out again. It might also be because there aren't many Gen 8 Pokemon with a plush, so people are buying the most popular ones of what's currently available.

I have heard that Scorbunny plushies are experiencing similar shortages.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
People are buying Zacian to help fight against the Coronavirus.
x'D In that case, I feel like having both something to attack it, and something to defend/protect us from it would be more convenient...

Jokes aside, I have no idea. It could be genuine popularity, or it could be the scarcity of the plush and many people/scalpers are buying Zacian as soon as they can before it sells out again. It might also be because there aren't many Gen 8 Pokemon with a plush, so people are buying the most popular ones of what's currently available.

I have heard that Scorbunny plushies are experiencing similar shortages.
o-o Hm, I can see the possibilities. I still wonder if I am ever going to come across any of the Legendary plushies at gamestop, but I have only seen the starters and other old pokemon plushies. It's still sad seeing the lone Zamazentas.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Development has been delayed.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605

I figured that out two days ago. I was wondering why no announcement was made earlier, as development requires a group of people, and coronavirus is gonna severly impact that. As long as they stay safe, everythings fine.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

well if its true, its not surprising and completely understandable

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky

I was thinking this was why we weren't getting a direct yet. If many of the games to be featured in said direct were to be delayed anyways, what would be the point of showing games that wouldn't release soon. It's best to keep everyone safe from infection.

I'm hoping that there aren't any people responding negatively in a selfish manner.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
To clarify, Sakurai was going to meet with someone at a publisher to discuss some character ideas, but the building was closed down due to one of the workers getting coronavirus. Because of this, the development on this character is being delayed.

We have no idea if this character is F6, nor do we know if this will have any effect on the other characters or the scheduled reveals. All we know for sure is that one character is getting delayed. Yes, it's possible the rest of the DLC that was going to come out following this character will be delayed too, but Nintendo could just as easily ask Sakurai to move ahead to the next character and come back to this delayed character toward the end of the pass. Hard to say.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
To clarify, Sakurai was going to meet with someone at a publisher to discuss some character ideas, but the building was closed down due to one of the workers getting coronavirus. Because of this, the development on this character is being delayed.

We have no idea if this character is F6, nor do we know if this will have any effect on the other characters or the scheduled reveals. All we know for sure is that one character is getting delayed. Yes, it's possible the rest of the DLC that was going to come out following this character will be delayed too, but Nintendo could just as easily ask Sakurai to move ahead to the next character and come back to this delayed character toward the end of the pass. Hard to say.
theres gonna be a whole bunch of people trying to work out which company to work out which character

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
Has anyone solidified their favorite galar pokemon?

I think i'm finally set on Dragapult. Can't really explain, but it's design just captivated me the moment i saw it (the way it floats, how it has small Dreepy in it's head, the effect on it's tail, it's cute iddle stance and the colors it has). And the thing is I was mixed on Dreepy & Drakloak.
After Dragapult i'd say Inteleon is next. And from there it's a disorganized mess.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

I think i'm finally set on Dragapult. Can't really explain, but it's design just captivated me the moment i saw it (the way it floats, how it has small Dreepy in it's head, the effect on it's tail, it's cute iddle stance and the colors it has). And the thing is I was mixed on Dreepy & Drakloak.
After Dragapult i'd say Inteleon is next. And from there it's a disorganized mess.
ive been torn between polteagiest, esicue and applin family for a wee while

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

Sirfetch'd, no question.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548

The Hatterene line. Complex bundles of emotion that hate experiencing it, but brave them anyway if you are nice.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605

Obviously obstagoon. Rillaboom is a close second, followed by snom.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Stay safe and wash your...paws?

View attachment 266289
You know when you think about it, Zacian and Zamazenta would be woefully unequipped for a situation like this. If there's an enemy faction or malevolent godlike entity, sure, but how are legendary warriors supposed to fight off a plague?

At least they'd potentially be immune when their armor's on, but...

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
You know when you think about it, Zacian and Zamazenta would be woefully unequipped for a situation like this. If there's an enemy faction or malevolent godlike entity, sure, but how are legendary warriors supposed to fight off a plague?

At least they'd potentially be immune when their armor's on, but...
If I had to take a guess, Zacian has a really good immune system that's capable of fighting off deadly diseases. The white blood cells attack without hesitation. Zamazenta's cells are probably really selective and won't allow hardly anything to get inside them. Even normal electrolytes struggle to pass through the cell walls.

Eternatus is likely the living embodiment of a virus, so there's nothing in him that isn't already infected.

Last edited:
Top Bottom