• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legendary Heroes of Galar - Zacian and Zamazenta for Smash

Which would you rather see get in Smash as a newcomer?

• Zacian

• Zamazenta

Results are only viewable after voting.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I've noticed that this gen has sparked the most threads on smashboards compared to other generations. In the past i'd see 3 or 4 at most, but now we have:

-Rillaboom.
-Cinderace.
-Inteleon.
-Toxtricity.
-Obstagoon.
-Sirfetch'd.
-Dragapult.
-Zacian & Zamazenta.
-Urshifu.

Granted, not all consistently active, but it's the first time i've seen all 3 starters being talked about at near equal level.
Really curious to see what pokemon gets in and the reason for that pick.
well everyone seems to put pokemon on the same level of fire emblem in terms of inevitably getting a new character, personally im not convinced of this cause i think thats as much to do with the pokemon company as it is to do with sakurai

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I have one idea for a Classic Mode route that'd play off how Zacian and Zamazenta's relics were made to slay Dynamaxed foes. Every opponent until the final boss would be giant, with varying power levels and match rules as you went on.

It'd be one way to include the Dynamax mechanic in spirit even while choosing a playable mon who can't use it. I have another idea, though, but I'll explain in a different post.

I've noticed that this gen has sparked the most threads on smashboards compared to other generations. In the past i'd see 3 or 4 at most, but now we have:

-Rillaboom.
-Cinderace.
-Inteleon.
-Toxtricity.
-Obstagoon.
-Sirfetch'd.
-Dragapult.
-Zacian & Zamazenta.
-Urshifu.

Granted, not all consistently active, but it's the first time i've seen all 3 starters being talked about at near equal level.
Really curious to see what pokemon gets in and the reason for that pick.
How far we've come. Back during Smash 4's run, the only Pokémon support thread that saw any traffic prior to Greninja's reveal was the Mewtwo one.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
If they make a Spirit for Eternatus, then I'd love for them to reference the Gigantamax battle on Hammerlock.

You team up with two CPUs (either Zacian and a red Zacian alt, Zamazenta and a blue Zamazenta alt, or one of each if they both get in) and fight against a giant Ridley with increased power. Ridley occasionally receives a Final Smash during the match.

I have one idea for a Classic Mode route that'd play off how Zacian and Zamazenta's relics were made to slay Dynamaxed foes. Every opponent until the final boss would be giant, with varying power levels and match rules as you went on.

It'd be one way to include the Dynamax mechanic in spirit even while choosing a playable mon who can't use it. I have another idea, though, but I'll explain in a different post.
That really would be a clever way to reference Dynamax and the Legendaries' special abilities. Which characters would they fight on the route?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
they should have all the links and hero as well

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
well everyone seems to put pokemon on the same level of fire emblem in terms of inevitably getting a new character, personally im not convinced of this cause i think thats as much to do with the pokemon company as it is to do with sakurai
It would make sense though. Sword & Shield has sold exceedingly well (i believe fastest selling switch game as of now), the dlc is releasing throughout the year and we always get a new pokemon from the most recent generation. I don't think we should rule it out, but it's fair to be wary regardless.
Sakurai can do whatever he wants at this point.

If out of the few 1st party characters we're likely to get there isn't a pokemon, then who else? There's not many options left.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
It would make sense though. Sword & Shield has sold exceedingly well (i believe fastest selling switch game as of now), the dlc is releasing throughout the year and we always get a new pokemon from the most recent generation. I don't think we should rule it out, but it's fair to be wary regardless.
Sakurai can do whatever he wants at this point.

If out of the few 1st party characters we're likely to get there isn't a pokemon, then who else? There's not many options left.
im not saying we should rule it out i just dont think everyone should treat it as inevitable as FE

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
All of the bundles have had a broad, overarching theme to them. Some have been entire franchises, while others like FE:3H have been one game.

With that in mind, a majority of the popular first-party requests would struggle to scrape together enough content for a bundle. I like Waluigi, Dixie, and BWD, but I feel like it'll be tougher for characters like them to get in since they represent neither an entirely new franchise or a new game. What would their stage be? What would the theme of their Spirit Board be? What kind of music should we expect to get?

That's part of the reason why I think SwSh Pokemon are the most likely first-party characters. Aside from Astral Chain, BotW2, and a few other titles that probably aren't getting a character (New Horizons, LM3, Ring Fit, etc.), what else could easily put together enough new content for a DLC bundle?

Nothing is guaranteed, but I feel like anyone saying a SwSh Pokemon definitely isn't getting in will have a harder time arguing another Nintendo character being more likely.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
With that in mind, a majority of the popular first-party requests would struggle to scrape together enough content for a bundle. I like Waluigi, Dixie, and BWD, but I feel like it'll be tougher for characters like them to get in since they represent neither an entirely new franchise or a new game. What would their stage be? What would the theme of their Spirit Board be? What kind of music should we expect to get?
well lets see, bandana has a ton of stuff to use from modern kirby games, star allies stage, spirits of characters who dont have it, dixie would have a stage from DKC3 or tropical freeze and waluigi would have access to plenty of things but theyd be better going towards toad

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
well lets see, bandana has a ton of stuff to use from modern kirby games, star allies stage, spirits of characters who dont have it, dixie would have a stage from DKC3 or tropical freeze and waluigi would have access to plenty of things but theyd be better going towards toad
I'm not saying it's impossible, but I stand by my assumption that it'll be more difficult.

Waluigi for example would need a stage, and aside from a Mario Tennis stage or Waluigi Pinball, I don't know what else they could choose that would make sense. Then there's the music, which is in a similar position. Lastly, we have Spirits, and I don't think there's a whole lot you could do aside from a bunch of Waluigi Spirits.

Waluigi is the most difficult of the three characters I mentioned, but still. I think you understand what I'm getting at. Making these characters work would require a lot of random content.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I'm not saying it's impossible, but I stand by my assumption that it'll be more difficult.

Waluigi for example would need a stage, and aside from a Mario Tennis stage or Waluigi Pinball, I don't know what else they could choose that would make sense. Then there's the music, which is in a similar position. Lastly, we have Spirits, and I don't think there's a whole lot you could do aside from a bunch of Waluigi Spirits.

Waluigi is the most difficult of the three characters I mentioned, but still. I think you understand what I'm getting at. Making these characters work would require a lot of random content.
well they should forget him and focus on toad

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
All of the bundles have had a broad, overarching theme to them. Some have been entire franchises, while others like FE:3H have been one game.

That's part of the reason why I think SwSh Pokemon are the most likely first-party characters. Aside from Astral Chain, BotW2, and a few other titles that probably aren't getting a character (New Horizons, LM3, Ring Fit, etc.), what else could easily put together enough new content for a DLC bundle?

Nothing is guaranteed, but I feel like anyone saying a SwSh Pokemon definitely isn't getting in will have a harder time arguing another Nintendo character being more likely.
I wouldn't go that far, though. There're some ways to go about doing spirit sets that'd still work.

For example, Bandana Dee's could include a handful of iconic Kirby characters and enemies (who can also be allies in certain games) that aren't yet present. Could call the spirit board "Forgotten Friends" or something like that.

On a more relevant note, one song I haven't seen brought up much is Once Upon a Time, which plays during the cutscenes where Galar's old stories come to the forefront. In a way, you could argue that it's Zacian and Zamazenta's actual theme.

I'd be up for an arrangement of it. Maybe even a medley with the Slumbering Weald theme?

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I wouldn't go that far, though. There're some ways to go about doing spirit sets that'd still work.

For example, Bandana Dee's could include a handful of iconic Kirby characters and enemies (who can also be allies in certain games) that aren't yet present. Could call the spirit board "Forgotten Friends" or something like that.
I'd love to be wrong, because BWD and Dixie are two characters I really want. I guess I'll just have to see it before I become more comfortable with their chances.

On a more relevant note, one song I haven't seen brought up much is Once Upon a Time, which plays during the cutscenes where Galar's old stories come to the forefront. In a way, you could argue that it's Zacian and Zamazenta's actual theme.

I'd be up for an arrangement of it. Maybe even a medley with the Slumbering Weald theme?
I think it could be tossed in with either Slumbering Weald or Zacian and Zamazenta's battle theme. The tune towards the end with the higher notes is present in both themes.

Ideally, they'd include all five songs that revolve around Zacian and Zamazenta, but I'd be content with just two. Kinda hard to just pick two though. They're all pretty good.

Slumbering Weald
In the Fog
Once Upon a Time
Battle! (Eternatus) Phase 3
Battle! (Zacian/Zamazenta)

Last edited:

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
I just realized something regarding a comparison with Pokemon & Fire Emblem. In a way, Starter pokemon are about the same as the main protagonists in Fire Emblem, tipically Lords. People have problems with the FE protagonists while i see far less complaining from getting starter pokemon in comparison.

I've seen many people say most FE characters are the same (regardless if you talk about clones or not) and also say that all pokemon are very distinct & different (aside from Pichu obviously).
Why is that then? I'm in the viewpoint that both series have quite a distinct cast of characters in playstyle, regardless of FE having 2.5 echo fighters while pokemon has 0.5.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I just realized something regarding a comparison with Pokemon & Fire Emblem. In a way, Starter pokemon are about the same as the main protagonists in Fire Emblem, tipically Lords. People have problems with the FE protagonists while i see far less complaining from getting starter pokemon in comparison.

I've seen many people say most FE characters are the same (regardless if you talk about clones or not) and also say that all pokemon are very distinct & different (aside from Pichu obviously).
Why is that then? I'm in the viewpoint that both series have quite a distinct cast of characters in playstyle, regardless of FE having 2.5 echo fighters while pokemon has 0.5.
I think it has a lot to do with the swords, counters, and character designs, which is somewhat understandable. Marth, Roy, and Ike all differentiate themselves by how they swing their sword. Robin's specials make him unique, but his standard attacks are pretty similar to the other three. The designs for all eight FE characters don't help any of them stand out either. Facial features are all pretty similar, 5/8 FE characters have a blue hair color, and most of them wear either a robe or a cape.

Compare that to Pokemon characters who have cartoony animal designs that are vastly different from one another and movesets that don't rely on a recurring weapon.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

well pokemon is more popular than fire emblem so youre always gonna see less complaining, in regards to why one has less clones than the other i dont think there is any real reason its just the way things turned out

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin

Familiarity, mainly. Most Nintendo fans have experience with Pokémon games (or the first couple generations at minimum, where the majority of its fighters are from), while Fire Emblem was a niche series until recently. There's this idea within the Smash community that FE isn't supposed to be as important because it wasn't part of most of our childhoods aside from Melee. Which itself is part of a bigger issue where Smash fans treat the roster like it determines who matters and who doesn't, but that's a whole other mess.

It also leads to a lot of knee-jerk judgments bashing FE characters as being "more anime swordfighters", even though its most recent (non-echo) newcomers are a spellsword who combines swordplay and magic, a half-dragon shapeshifter who can morph individual limbs to attack with, and a weapon master who also uses a lance, an axe, and a bow.

And the problem is...the backlash toward Fire Emblem isn't even consistent. Corrin was met with pitchforks and Byleth nearly as many at first, but people were hoping for Chrom to make it as soon we learned how echo fighters were being handled, and the majority of Roy's support for Smash 4 DLC came from Melee fans! The less unique of the quartet were the ones met with less toxicity because the fans most likely to get toxic already knew who they were! Which, again, seems to be because of people latching onto names they recognize, since they remembered Roy from Melee and Chrom from how most of the community assumed he was a lock for Smash 4 on lord status alone.

That said...Pokémon hasn't been totally free of it. I've seen some "has enough reps...but I want [insert mon from Gen 1-3 here]" talk every now and then, so the problem still persists in a different form...

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Familiarity, mainly. Most Nintendo fans have experience with Pokémon games (or the first couple generations at minimum, where the majority of its fighters are from), while Fire Emblem was a niche series until recently. There's this idea within the Smash community that FE isn't supposed to be as important because it wasn't part of most of our childhoods aside from Melee. Which itself is part of a bigger issue where Smash fans treat the roster like it determines who matters and who doesn't, but that's a whole other mess.

It also leads to a lot of knee-jerk judgments bashing FE characters as being "more anime swordfighters", even though its most recent (non-echo) newcomers are a spellsword who combines swordplay and magic, a half-dragon shapeshifter who can morph individual limbs to attack with, and a weapon master who also uses a lance, an axe, and a bow.

And the problem is...the backlash toward Fire Emblem isn't even consistent. Corrin was met with pitchforks and Byleth nearly as many at first, but people were hoping for Chrom to make it as soon we learned how echo fighters were being handled, and the majority of Roy's support for Smash 4 DLC came from Melee fans! The less unique of the quartet were the ones met with less toxicity because the fans most likely to get toxic already knew who they were! Which, again, seems to be because of people latching onto names they recognize, since they remembered Roy from Melee and Chrom from how most of the community assumed he was a lock for Smash 4 on lord status alone.

That said...Pokémon hasn't been totally free of it. I've seen some "has enough reps...but I want [insert mon from Gen 1-3 here]" talk every now and then, so the problem still persists in a different form...
I'm one of those guys who bases my choices of importance and the occaisional joke, so...
Even then, Fire Emblem is just hated cause of anti bias I guess you could say.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
but people were hoping for Chrom to make it as soon we learned how echo fighters were being handled
There was also Black Knight support because of this. It's just died down because he got AT'd combined with the belief that Ike's moveset would have more problems than the up-B.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
Very much expemplified when a lot of roster wishlists include your typical: Gardevoir, Blaziken, Sceptile, Blastoise, Scizor, Johto Trainer, Alakazam, Gengar, and your ocasional Zoroark & Garchomp; usually replacing the more recent pokemon added to the game (back then Lucario and now either Greninja or Incineroar) and Jigglypuff. And if not them, the starter they like the most from the recent generation, even disregarding moveset potential or the posibility of other candidates.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
I think i know another reason for the dissapointment with FE characters: the reveal trailers.

Never noticed how different most trailers are compared to Lucina/Robin, Corrin & Byleth's reveals. They have very little mystery as to who it is: first, you immediately see Lucina at the start of the trailer (which keeps your mind away from Robin) & the animation is in the style of Awakening; Corrin's reveal is literally a cutscene from Fates' promotional trailers and you instantly know it's going to be Fire Emblem (and it also doesn't help that Fates wasn't out internationally by then); and with Byleth's it starts with showing him in the spotlight near the start, they prolong it for quite a while before the character tagline shows up. Also that it's the last character in a dlc season pass after many crazy & exciting reveals where you more often than not didn't know who would be revealed.

Comparing them to recent Pokemon reveals: in Greninja's trailer they start showing Charizard as a standalone character, then they show a mysterious figure in the shadows (most people thought it was Mewtwo) and then the shock kicks in as they see it's Greninja: a character many people never saw coming given how different the speculation for pokemon characters was back then. In Incineroar's trailer you are bafled that they start with an Echo fighter given they never had CGI trailers for Echo characters, which leaves you wondering if a newcomer will show up. Then they tease you from the shadows and after they finish revealing Ken, Incineroar runs to into the ring in 1st person perspective, and you still aren't sure yet who it is (unless you're very into pokemon). And then the cloak it was wearing burns and finally see Incineroar enter the ring.

The pokemon trailers (and most other series) have more mystery as to who will join the battle, increasing the excitement for who will join the battle. FE just straight up tells you the character from the start and then decide to go on and on, loosing any excitement you could have that by the time the tagline appears you end up like ''cool, I guess?''

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I think i know another reason for the dissapointment with FE characters: the reveal trailers.

Never noticed how different most trailers are compared to Lucina/Robin, Corrin & Byleth's reveals. They have very little mystery as to who it is: first, you immediately see Lucina at the start of the trailer (which keeps your mind away from Robin) & the animation is in the style of Awakening; Corrin's reveal is literally a cutscene from Fates' promotional trailers and you instantly know it's going to be Fire Emblem (and it also doesn't help that Fates wasn't out internationally by then); and with Byleth's it starts with showing him in the spotlight near the start, they prolong it for quite a while before the character tagline shows up. Also that it's the last character in a dlc season pass after many crazy & exciting reveals where you more often than not didn't know who would be revealed.

Comparing them to recent Pokemon reveals: in Greninja's trailer they start showing Charizard as a standalone character, then they show a mysterious figure in the shadows (most people thought it was Mewtwo) and then the shock kicks in as they see it's Greninja: a character many people never saw coming given how different the speculation for pokemon characters was back then. In Incineroar's trailer you are bafled that they start with an Echo fighter given they never had CGI trailers for Echo characters, which leaves you wondering if a newcomer will show up. Then they tease you from the shadows and after they finish revealing Ken, Incineroar runs to into the ring in 1st person perspective, and you still aren't sure yet who it is (unless you're very into pokemon). And then the cloak it was wearing burns and finally see Incineroar enter the ring.

The pokemon trailers (and most other series) have more mystery as to who will join the battle, increasing the excitement for who will join the battle. FE just straight up tells you the character from the start and then decide to go on and on, loosing any excitement you could have that by the time the tagline appears you end up like ''cool, I guess?''
Possibly.

I don't think it's the sole reason though. Bayonetta's trailer was very ambiguous in the beginning, and I definitely remember the salt. Incineroar had a bit of criticism too, but the Decidueye/Grinch combo probably amplified what it should've been. Then again, PP took most of the hits that day, so Incineroar got lucky in that regard.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Then again, PP took most of the hits that day, so Incineroar got lucky in that regard.
Considering I hate Incineroar more than anyone who hates it for being a 10th Pokemon, you'd be surprised that my opinion on Piranha Plant is just "it's okay".

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

my own reaction to trailers was quite different, thanks to leaks saw hero and terry coming and joker's reveal happened at at time when most people are asleep where i am so he was already front and centre on the website before i could get to the trailers. with ken hed been in several leaks so my actual thought "which leak is real then"

corrin and byleth both made me think basically "what? why?" as for the other trailers, well with greninja due to shuriken my mind went to takamaru, piranha plant i thought was gonna be a mii costume until he stood up and b&k you knew who was coming as soon as you saw that jiggy

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
Now we have details of Pokemon Home, and there seems to be a free version along with a Premium Version:

1580233607398.png
The premium costs are as follows:
$2.99 for 30 days.
$4.99 for 90 days.
$15.99 for 1 year.

So 3 times pricier than pokemon bank for he year-long subscription. Might not be very well recieved now, but might work out in the long run. The other options are nice if you don't want a full year.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Now we have details of Pokemon Home, and there seems to be a free version along with a Premium Version:

View attachment 259989
The premium costs are as follows:
$2.99 for 30 days.
$4.99 for 90 days.
$15.99 for 1 year.

So 3 times pricier than pokemon bank for he year-long subscription. Might not be very well recieved now, but might work out in the long run. The other options are nice if you don't want a full year.
The griping seems mostly to come from those were just looking for a pure Bank successor. The models could stand to be a little more flexible for those who only want storage and not the other stuff, but as it is, the free option will be ample for the vast majority, shorter subs will cover one-way trips and only die-hard fans will make use of everything in the premium.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
The griping seems mostly to come from those were just looking for a pure Bank successor. The models could stand to be a little more flexible for those who only want storage and not the other stuff, but as it is, the free option will be ample for the vast majority, shorter subs will cover one-way trips and only die-hard fans will make use of everything in the premium.
im a die hard fan and ill only be using it for transferring

Staarih

Smash Master
As a casual player, I don't really mind the pricing of HOME. I feel like I'll just pay for it once to transfer the very few "special" Pokémon I have in Bank, then I'll be good with the free plan. I wonder how many owners of Sw/Sh actually even feel the need to transfer Pokémon from the 3DS games, I feel like the target audience of Pokémon usually just stick with the Pokémon they have in each game. But I dunno.

Anyway, Pokémon HOME looks to use all new artwork/sprites for the Pokémon, they resemble Sugimori art but sort of rendered I guess. Gives us more options for art used for Spirits etc, at least.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Didn't they say Home will have more updates and even extra modes and such added over time? If that's the case, the price tag could end up feeling more reasonable in the long run. As is, though, that does seem pretty expensive...

my own reaction to trailers was quite different, thanks to leaks saw hero and terry coming and joker's reveal happened at at time when most people are asleep where i am so he was already front and centre on the website before i could get to the trailers. with ken hed been in several leaks so my actual thought "which leak is real then"

corrin and byleth both made me think basically "what? why?" as for the other trailers, well with greninja due to shuriken my mind went to takamaru, piranha plant i thought was gonna be a mii costume until he stood up and b&k you knew who was coming as soon as you saw that jiggy
I suppose there's two different styles of reveal trailers: one type where it hides the newcomer's identity as long as possible, and another where they're more upfront about it and do something stylistically related to the newcomer's home game or franchise. Fire Emblem has stuck to the latter, with reveal trailers that start with cutscenes from the games before Smash gets involved and everything promptly goes off the rails. But it isn't just FE that's done it: people familiar with King of Fighters likely realized what was going on with Terry's trailer right away (if they weren't aware of the leak a few days prior, at least), Little Mac's showed him right away, and various other trailers like Ridley's and Palutena's were pretty easy to figure out for those familiar with their games' styles.

Basically, it ain't just Fire Emblem doing it, but it gets the brunt of the flak for it because some vocal parts of the Smash community want every reveal trailer to be suspenseful and it's left FE stuck being a scapegoat as usual.

There's a reclass joke in there somewhere...

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I suppose there's two different styles of reveal trailers: one type where it hides the newcomer's identity as long as possible, and another where they're more upfront about it and do something stylistically related to the newcomer's home game or franchise. Fire Emblem has stuck to the latter, with reveal trailers that start with cutscenes from the games before Smash gets involved and everything promptly goes off the rails. But it isn't just FE that's done it: people familiar with King of Fighters likely realized what was going on with Terry's trailer right away (if they weren't aware of the leak a few days prior, at least), Little Mac's showed him right away, and various other trailers like Ridley's and Palutena's were pretty easy to figure out for those familiar with their games' styles.

Basically, it ain't just Fire Emblem doing it, but it gets the brunt of the flak for it because some vocal parts of the Smash community want every reveal trailer to be suspenseful and it's left FE stuck being a scapegoat as usual.
that does seem a little odd in that regard. there havent many trailers where i couldnt figure out who it was so from my own perspective complaining about the lack of suspense seems redundant

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Didn't they say Home will have more updates and even extra modes and such added over time? If that's the case, the price tag could end up feeling more reasonable in the long run. As is, though, that does seem pretty expensive...

There's a reclass joke in there somewhere...
The Home subscription will increase in value even without added features simply by virtue of more games being released that can work with it.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Here's something interesting regarding Spirits.

unknown.png

They updated the name of a Spirit from the base game to avoid confusion, and this is due to a character in the first pass. Byleth was decided on before Ultimate even launched, meaning that at the very least, Dimitri (Zelda) could've been distinguished in the base game. Seems like they purposely avoided that to avoid raising suspicions.

Not the same as a preexisting Spirit becoming a fighter, but this helps our case regardless.

Last edited:

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
that does seem a little odd in that regard. there havent many trailers where i couldnt figure out who it was so from my own perspective complaining about the lack of suspense seems redundant
Which is why i wonder why many use that excuse to say the Corrin & Byleth trailers were bad.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Which is why i wonder why many use that excuse to say the Corrin & Byleth trailers were bad.
you think theyd have better things to complain about, i didnt like the byleth trailer but it had nothing to do with how easy it was to guess it was him

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
We got some sales numbers from Nintendo:

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe: 22.96 million

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: 17.68 million

Super Mario Odyssey: 16.59 million

Breath Of The Wild: 16.34 million

Pokémon Sword/Shield: 16.06 million

Pokémon Let’s Go: 11.76 million

Splatoon 2: 9.81 million

Super Mario Party: 9.12 million

New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe: 5.85 million

Luigi’s Mansion 3: 5.37 million

Super Mario Maker 2: 5.04 million

Links Awakening: 4.19 million

Fire Emblem Three Houses: 2.58 million

The big takeaway from this is that SwSh has already hit 16.06 million in a month and a half. By comparison, our last recorded numbers have XY at 16.44 million and SuMo at 16.18 million. SwSh has almost eclipsed both the 3DS games in less than two months, and it's probably already beaten both if January sales are added.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
I know it may be difficult to say now, but how likely is it that the first dlc from vol. 2 is a pokemon character? Don't know what else they could kick it off with to incentivise buying the season pass, like what Joker did.

Also gotta wonder when the next big nintendo direct will release now that January is basically over.

Top Bottom