• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legendary Heroes of Galar - Zacian and Zamazenta for Smash

Which would you rather see get in Smash as a newcomer?

• Zacian

• Zamazenta

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Zacian is my favorite of all Pokemon legendaries and by a wide margin (aside from Zamazenta, which I like, too), so I certainly wouldn't mind to see it (her, actually, if that Pokedex entry is to be believed) in Super Smash Bros!

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I don't think it's the plush's design so much as it is Zacian being really popular in Japan. There currently isn't much merch of either Legendary, so if your kid likes Zacian and you wanted to get him something decent for the holidays that isn't a Switch Lite or a Switch accessory (case, decals, etc.), you're probably gonna want to buy this plush before it's gone.

Kinda sad that Zamazenta isn't selling nearly as well. It's a cool little plush, and the edges of its shield can be adjusted to make it look like it does when it uses Behemoth Bash.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I don't think it's the plush's design so much as it is Zacian being really popular in Japan. There currently isn't much merch of either Legendary, so if your kid likes Zacian and you wanted to get him something decent for the holidays that isn't a Switch Lite or a Switch accessory (case, decals, etc.), you're probably gonna want to buy this plush before it's gone.

Kinda sad that Zamazenta isn't selling nearly as well. It's a cool little plush, and the edges of its shield can be adjusted to make it look like it does when it uses Behemoth Bash.
:( After seeing that article, I feel bad for Zamazenta. I mean, I would get both if I could, but honest to God, if I had to choose one, it would be Zacian and Zamazenta later, but I would love to have him too.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
By the way...now that we've seen what the Galar region has to offer (barring new areas in a sequel or something), what locations do you all think would make for good stages? I haven't seen much discussion on the matter yet anywhere, surprisingly.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
By the way...now that we've seen what the Galar region has to offer (barring new areas in a sequel or something), what locations do you all think would make for good stages? I haven't seen much discussion on the matter yet anywhere, surprisingly.
Either that town in the fairy wood area or the top of Eternatus' battle arena.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
These would be my picks.

95112-part4-article_m-2.png
wyndon-gym.jpg
37-lift.jpg
pokemon-sword-shield-post-game-story.jpg
19-towersummit.jpg

Motostoke would be a great traveling stage.

Wyndon Stadium would feature Pokemon battles in the background. Attacks from Gigantamax Pokemon can sometimes reach the fighters and cause different effects on the stage.

Rose Tower would constantly move up and down, occasionally stopping so a Pokemon can hop on the elevator and cause a ruckus.

Slumbering Weald would be like Spear Pillar and Unova League where the boxart Legendaries interfere with the battle (assuming they aren't one of the fighters on the stage at that time). Layout is mostly the same but made larger to give fighters more space.

Energy Plant follows the same concept as Slumbering Weald, only the focus is on Eternatus and its battle with the Legendaries.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
A Pokémon Direct is happening on Thursday.

I’m grateful for any Direct, at this rate, but FP5 better be extraordinary if we still have to wait for it through a drought this bad.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
A Pokémon Direct is happening on Thursday.

I’m grateful for any Direct, at this rate, but FP5 better be extraordinary if we still have to wait for it through a drought this bad.
Regardless, don't keep your hopes up for FP5. And also don't expect anything too mindblowing. They rarely end on a high note.

Also wondering what they will cover in the direct: Pokemon Home, New Mainline Games, any spin-offs or maybe even dlc for Sword & Shield.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
It feels early to mention mainline games. If it were a new generation, this would be a good time, but seeing as we just had Sword/Shield, that won't happen. For remakes or "ultra" versions of Sword/Shield (whatever they're called this time) I think it's really early to show them off. I wonder what this Direct will be. It can't be 20 minutes of just Home can it?

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
It could be a number of things. SwSh DLC/updates, a new mobile game, Pokemon Home - it's hard to say.

Regardless, it's something for us to talk about, and if it gives us an excuse to humor the idea of a Smash reveal, I'll gladly welcome it.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
This is the same company that made people wait through a 24 hour stream for barely any footage of Galar Ponyta.
Well at least Galarian Ponyta was worth it. =P

Anyway, I see your point, but I don't think they'll spend the whole Direct talking about Home just because they did that.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
For those of you who were worried it would just be Home.

do bear in mind people that could just be the pokemon we'll only be able to get in sword and shield through home, you know the alola starters and all that

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
We're getting a preview of the next Pokemon movie soon.

It'd be great if it focused on Zacian and Zamazenta. The past three Pokemon to get in Smash all made their non-cameo anime debut in a movie (Lucario, Greninja, and Incineroar). It's not a solid pattern, but it's still something we could use regardless.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
We're getting a preview of the next Pokemon movie soon.

It'd be great if it focused on Zacian and Zamazenta. The past three Pokemon to get in Smash all made their non-cameo anime debut in a movie (Lucario, Greninja, and Incineroar). It's not a solid pattern, but it's still something we could use regardless.
well to be fair the fully evolved starters having been debuting in the movies for a few gens now, lets hope they do get a film poor solgaleo and lunala got left

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
well to be fair the fully evolved starters having been debuting in the movies for a few gens now, lets hope they do get a film poor solgaleo and lunala got left
Not all of them. Delphox appeared in the main anime before the movie. Decidueye and Primarina have never appeared in any movie so far.

I don't think it's indicative of Zacian and Zamazenta's chances, especially since movies almost always focus on Legendaries and Mythicals to begin with, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
So how about that expansion, huh? It's probably going to be the new "third version" going forward. Non buyers benefit the same way through trading, it's half the cost and you don't have to restart the story.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
So how about that expansion, huh? It's probably going to be the new "third version" going forward. Non buyers benefit the same way through trading, it's half the cost and you don't have to restart the story.
I prefer this to having "Ultra Sword and Ultra Shield". I can enjoy the new content without having to worry about transferring Pokemon or losing all my items. The new Pokemon look interesting as well (minus the poor Legendary who looks like it's suffering from hydrocephalus).

As far as our competition goes, the starters have G-max forms now, so we'll have to keep an eye on them even more than before. The new Fighting type Legendary could be another contender as well, but I'm not as concerned. It debuted later, so the base game Pokemon should have a leg up on it.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
well i wouldnt have been against another play through as there are plenty of pokemon to have an alternate team with, but i am deeply looking forward to the expansion pass

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I prefer this to having "Ultra Sword and Ultra Shield". I can enjoy the new content without having to worry about transferring Pokemon or losing all my items. The new Pokemon look interesting as well (minus the poor Legendary who looks like it's suffering from hydrocephalus).

As far as our competition goes, the starters have G-max forms now, so we'll have to keep an eye on them even more than before. The new Fighting type Legendary could be another contender as well, but I'm not as concerned. It debuted later, so the base game Pokemon should have a leg up on it.
Who said Urshifu and his pre-evolution were legendaries?

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
Here's the first look at the next pokemon movie:

It reminds me a lot of Pokemon 4Ever. Seems like we won't get the Galar legendaries in the movie unless they choose Calyrex or unnanounced mythical.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605

It reminds me a lot of Pokemon 4Ever. Seems like we won't get the Galar legendaries in the movie unless they choose a mythical like Calyrex.
Thought Calyrex was legendary?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
kind of hope we get distant tundra as a stage now, we could with a bit of scotland in smash, closest weve got is the spirit of morag from xenoblade 2

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

It reminds me a lot of Pokemon 4Ever. Seems like we won't get the Galar legendaries in the movie unless they choose Calyrex or unnanounced mythical.
Saw this a few days ago and forgot to share it. Don't really know what they're trying to do with these new Pokemon movies. Plot could be interesting, but as of now, the focus of the film seems to be on that human kid instead of a new Pokemon. I'm sure there's still some sort of focus on a Pokemon, but there's no telling which it could be.

kind of hope we get distant tundra as a stage now, we could with a bit of scotland in smash, closest weve got is the spirit of morag from xenoblade 2
I wouldn't mind that, but it would feel a bit odd if that's what Sakurai wanted to rep Gen VIII with. There's a lot of cold areas in Galar, but it's not what it's known for.

Personally, I'd like a more specific area like a town or a scene from the games (Spear Pillar, Unova League). If Zacian and Zamazenta don't get in, I think Slumbering Weald or the Eternatus fight on Hammerlocke would be cool.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I wouldn't mind that, but it would feel a bit odd if that's what Sakurai wanted to rep Gen VIII with. There's a lot of cold areas in Galar, but it's not what it's known for.
which is ironic considering that its based on britain

Top Bottom