• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legendary Heroes of Galar - Zacian and Zamazenta for Smash

Which would you rather see get in Smash as a newcomer?

• Zacian

• Zamazenta

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Here's a bit of good news involving Sword and Shield.

Sold over 2 million copies within two days in U.S.
Sold over 2 million copies within first week in Japan.
Sold 6 million starting Friday November 15th to Sunday November 17th.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548

And if I had a dollar for every time someone says this encourages GF to not listen to fans...

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
And if I had a dollar for every time someone says this encourages GF to not listen to fans...
GF did listen to some of the criticism when they made this game, but people choose to focus on the bad rather than the good.

I rarely see anyone bring up the dark type gym having such a huge role in SwSh.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

and europe?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
you say that like it ever stopped in the first place
I understand why Luke would call it "Pseudo Pokemania": More people were involved, but the biggest wave of Pokemon Go fans didn't last as long as the franchise's 90s popularity.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
You know, regarding spirits, I just remembered something: The Sandbag spirit battle is meant to simulate Home Run Contest, and it didn't prevent the real HRC from being added later.

I'm surprised this has been under the radar throughout all these spirit debates.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
You know, regarding spirits, I just remembered something: The Sandbag spirit battle is meant to simulate Home Run Contest, and it didn't prevent the real HRC from being added later.

I'm surprised this has been under the radar throughout all these spirit debates.
People are naturally going to pretend like they know why certain fan rules have exceptions.

"Home Run Contest isn't a character, so this is different."
"Sakurai probably didn't plan on adding Home Run Contest until after the Sandbag Spirit was already added."
"These can coexist. Two Spirits cannot."

Everyone is free to interpret Spirits differently, but I think people should keep in mind that the closest evidence we have to Spirits deconfirming characters is the fact that Piranha Plant didn't have a Spirit in the base game. Doesn't mean much though, because PP was clearly in development for a long time prior to its reveal. They were able to release an amiibo of it in Wave 2 despite amiibo usually taking a whole year to create, and it's the only DLC character with Palutena's Guidance.

Every DLC character so far has been third-party, meaning that the odds of us getting any Spirits/content from the DLC franchises were already extraordinarily low to begin with.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

i imagine most detractors would say it doesnt count for some none existent reason

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
i imagine most detractors would say it doesnt count for some none existent reason
Probably because to many Home-Run contest is meaningless. And they may say stuff like ''Sandbag doesn't count, he's not a playable character and therefore it has nothing to add to the argument''.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Probably because to many Home-Run contest is meaningless. And they may say stuff like ''Sandbag doesn't count, he's not a playable character and therefore it has nothing to add to the argument''.
It might help that you don't need the spirit battle to acquire the spirit, since you're awarded the Sandbag spirit when you complete the challenge required to make it appear on the spirit board, and it's not part of WoL, so not many people considered Sandbag's spirit battle being a pseudo-HRC.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
It might help that you don't need the spirit battle to acquire the spirit, since you're awarded the Sandbag spirit when you complete the challenge required to make it appear on the spirit board, and it's not part of WoL, so not many people considered Sandbag's spirit battle being a pseudo-HRC.
you gotta wonder why fans cling to their rules so tightly, the guy in charge only seems to have the rule video game characters only, rest of the time he wings it

edit: and finished the story
zacian and zamazenta would be pretty cool for smash and eternatus would be an awesome boss characters

first z-crystals come from necrozma's body and now dynamaxing comes from eternatus. im surprised mega evolution didnt some how come from zygarde, i dread to think whatll happen to the next one

Last edited:

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
Has anyone challenged the new sprits yet? Haven't had a chance yet.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Forgot to mention that I caught an Adamant Zacian a while ago. Was thinking about going for Jolly, but I was tired of retrying. It's not really that big of a deal though. Adamant is still really good, and I can always change it to Jolly if I want.

Might try catching a few more Pokemon, then I'll move on to Shield.

Another thing I forgot to share was this official artwork of Zacian.

s-l400.jpg

At least this wasn't the one they used for Smash. If Zacian (and/or Zamazenta) got in Smash, this is probably closer to what we'd get.

They were nice little nods to the Pokemon they represented, just like most Spirits are. Not much else to say about them.

Staarih

Smash Master
Yeah, the Zacian/Zamazenta one was surprisingly difficult to me, a casual Smash player. I guess that's the Legend rank for ya. Did end up getting them all, thankfully (now if only they would add the Daemon X Machina spirits back in, as I missed those). Anyway, I'm always impressed at how cleverly the spirit battles are put together: the Galar starters having tiny Incineroar with bunny ears as Scorbunny put a smile on my face.

Finally picking up pace with Shield, though only cleared the first gym so far, my life's kinda hectic at the moment. I've ended up wandering around the Wild Area for way longer than I anticipated - the open worldness of it + the communication with other players is a refreshing new take on Pokémon and they should definitely develop and expand something like that more in future games.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
having tiny Incineroar with bunny ears as Scorbunny put a smile on my face.
I think Sonic or Pikachu would've been the better fit for Scorbunny, and not because of my huge bias against Incineroar.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
We have some more official artwork, this time of Zacian and Zamazenta's base form.

600px-888Zacian-Hero.png

889Zamazenta-Hero.png

Since Sword and Shield have been out for a week, Smashboards doesn't seem to care about spoiling new Pokemon anymore (Plus, you should've encountered one of these two within the first 15 minutes of the game). I'll continue putting story-related content in spoiler boxes, but I'm not going to worry about Pokemon themselves, save for maybe a certain Legendary.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
We have some more official artwork, this time of Zacian and Zamazenta's base form.

View attachment 247875
View attachment 247876

Since Sword and Shield have been out for a week, Smashboards doesn't seem to care about spoiling new Pokemon anymore (Plus, you should've encountered one of these two within the first 15 minutes of the game). I'll continue putting story-related content in spoiler boxes, but I'm not going to worry about Pokemon themselves, save for maybe a certain Legendary.
:> I have to say, they both look lovely in their base forms. Gives me a clearer idea on how to draw them, and remind myself what stuff on their body changes position, like Zacian's fur going up when it gets the "wings".

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
:> I have to say, they both look lovely in their base forms. Gives me a clearer idea on how to draw them, and remind myself what stuff on their body changes position, like Zacian's fur going up when it gets the "wings".
I used to not like Zacian's, but it made more sense once I realized they intended for it to be female. It also makes the Fairy typing and Sylveon-like ribbons more understandable.

On a related note, I believe the official name for their first form is "Hero of Many Battles" form. Second form is "Crowned Sword" and "Crowned Shield" respectively. I'm guessing they got these names because...

Zacian and Zamazenta are revealed to be both fierce warriors and actual royalty from long ago.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
ive finished the post game
story, not a bad little epilogue and i like that hop got the other legendary

SvartWolf

Smash Champion

View attachment 247875
View attachment 247876

I think i like more their base forms D: (they are pretty good)

Still more of a Amateratsu, Lycanrock supporter, but this could make decent enough subtitutes. :p

outside of alcremie this are probably the 2 8th genners that i would prefer to be in smash. :o

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Did Pokemon Refresh have Pokemon lie down when they were asleep? I don't remember.

PicsArt_11-24-05.07.29.jpg

I wasn't aware they gave Zacian and presumably Zamazenta unique sleeping animations. Surprised it feels like sleeping though, considering how it's been... Well, that's a story spoiler, but I'm sure people who played the game know where the joke was headed.

They had some Pokemon lie down on their side in Pokemon Refresh, but not many four-legged ones. Most laid on their stomachs, curled up in a ball.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Forgot to mention that I caught an Adamant Zacian a while ago. Was thinking about going for Jolly, but I was tired of retrying. It's not really that big of a deal though. Adamant is still really good, and I can always change it to Jolly if I want.

Might try catching a few more Pokemon, then I'll move on to Shield.

Another thing I forgot to share was this official artwork of Zacian.

View attachment 247836

At least this wasn't the one they used for Smash. If Zacian (and/or Zamazenta) got in Smash, this is probably closer to what we'd get.
You know, between the way the sword is held there and in other art, there's yet another thing people are overlooking:

Is Zacian a lefty? A southpaw, if you will.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
You know, between the way the sword is held there and in other art, there's yet another thing people are overlooking:

Is Zacian a lefty? A southpaw, if you will.
Well, the blade is to the right of its body, so... Would she be a righty?

I don't know. She's usually holding it with the blade on her right, but she's been seen holding it the other way too.

Zacian-V.SH01.138.30180.png

Maybe she's ambidextrous?

(Note: I had to go back and change all the masculine pronouns to feminine. I've been referring to Zacian as a "he" for so long it feels natural. It's tough adapting.)

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
Well, the blade is to the right of its body, so... Would she be a righty?

I don't know. She's usually holding it with the blade on her right, but she's been seen holding it the other way too.

View attachment 247956

Maybe she's ambidextrous?

(Note: I had to go back and change all the masculine pronouns to feminine. I've been referring to Zacian as a "he" for so long it feels natural. It's tough adapting.)
Tbh, i always refered to most legendary pokemon as ''it''. Even if lore implies a defined gender (Like Solgaleo as Male & Lunala as Female), calling them it feels more natural (though I still forget Silvally is a legendary).

Also, does anyone know what's up with the alola starters and Blastoise/Venusaur being in the games? Were they hacked or is there leftover data in the game's files?

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
GF did listen to some of the criticism when they made this game, but people choose to focus on the bad rather than the good.

I rarely see anyone bring up the dark type gym having such a huge role in SwSh.
Although the town the dark gym is in is just a cardboard cut out hallway

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Also, does anyone know what's up with the alola starters and Blastoise/Venusaur being in the games? Were they hacked or is there leftover data in the game's files?
they seem to be fully programmed in so theyre there for transfer once home is out, also its not jut them theres a few more

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Main post finally updated. Not sure if many people will come to read it, but it's there.

Anyway, I was thinking of renaming this thread. Part of the reason is because of the Sirfetch'd thread, but also because Zacian and Zamazenta are never referred to as knights in SwSh. Here's what I was considering:

1. Galar's Greatest Warriors: Zacian and Zamazenta for Smash
2. The Legendary Heroes of Galar: Zacian and Zamazenta for Smash
3. Stop the Darkest Day: Zacian and Zamazenta for Smash

Does anyone have a preference, or would you prefer I keep the current title?

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
The current title is pretty good, but i'm digging #2 personally.

Anyway, maybe it's too soon to say, but what is your favorite pokemon from the galar region?
I haven't really decided on which I love the most, given my opinions are mostly based on fanart and bits of gameplay.
(Is it still too soon to stop using the spoilers tab for the new pokemon?)

Last edited:
Top Bottom