• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legendary Heroes of Galar - Zacian and Zamazenta for Smash

Which would you rather see get in Smash as a newcomer?

• Zacian

• Zamazenta

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Talk about attacking in style. And...without giving away what types the moves are. Definitely eye-catching, though.

Some more merch also got announced.

Promising that they're getting plushes of the legendaries out right away, even if Zamazenta looks...poorly posed there. Does anyone remember to what extent past cover legendaries saw things like this pre-release?
That Zamazenta plush though... That's unfortunate. Zacian looks close to what I expected. Not perfect, but still high quality nonetheless.

I think they're being promoted close to what other Legendaries have gotten. I remember Solgaleo and Lunala received plushies early as well. Still, the amount of merch they're getting is encouraging, especially when we know so little about them.

And one other small piece of new information.

EINYX30XsAEKKpV.jpeg.jpg
EINYXG4WwAEEVXE.jpeg.jpg

We have some very good and clear angles of the two. We can also now see that each of them have pawpads shaped like what I can only assume are basic geometrical shapes of a sword and shield respectively.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Talk about attacking in style. And...without giving away what types the moves are. Definitely eye-catching, though.

Some more merch also got announced.

Promising that they're getting plushes of the legendaries out right away, even if Zamazenta looks...poorly posed there. Does anyone remember to what extent past cover legendaries saw things like this pre-release?
Oh my god, FINALLY! I went to one Gamestop one time, and I saw Scorbunny, Grookey and Sobble. But I was wondering over and over "Where are Zacian and Zamazenta?" Oh boy, I would LOVE to finally find them and get them both, but since they might not be that cheap, I would start with Zacian. (also, glad I am not the only one that found Zamazenta kind of...odd).

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
We also have the final forms for Grookey and Sobble.

I think our chances are pretty good, because I have no idea how Grookey's could work in Smash.

1572640216338.png
1572640742095.png

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I think our chances are pretty good, because I have no idea how Grookey's could work in Smash.
They did make Incineroar magically spawn wrestling ropes, but I think that drum always has to exist. I hope we're about to see the death of the grass starter meme.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
They did make Incineroar magically spawn wrestling ropes, but I think that drum always has to exist. I hope we're about to see the death of the grass starter meme.
I'm sure Sakurai could take some liberties with the drum if he wanted to, but I don't see it happening.

For now, I'm penciling in Grookey's evo as the least likely of the three. Works out well for us, since that was the one we should've been most worried about.

Sobble's could work, but at the same time, I'm really skeptical. I'll have to see what it does.

Last edited:

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
Welp, i guess it's time to stay away from the internet till i get the games.
I'll see you all later then.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
What exactly is inconceivable about Grookey's evolution drum? It's a big shield, like many others wield and inexplicably glue to their back when they need to free their hand. Or he could tuck it in that bushy hair. Kind of a weird double standard considering the arguments for our doggos here...

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
What exactly is inconceivable about Grookey's evolution drum? It's a big shield, like many others wield and inexplicably glue to their back when they need to free their hand. Or he could tuck it in that bushy hair. Kind of a weird double standard considering the arguments for our doggos here...
Admittedly it's a little bit of bias: I'd be more interested in a pre-Galar Pokemon, but what I REALLY don't want is another fully-evolved starter, especially speculation focused on the grass one, so anything that can make it seem awkward in Smash helps.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Just depends on how it moves around with the drum, if it even moves around with it at all. Right now, it's depicted as a stationary fighter, with the drum being placed on the ground rather than on its shoulder. It could work, but the sheer size of the drum and Sakurai's tendency to choose Pokemon with easy to imagine movesets makes me think it probably won't happen.

Also doesn't help when the anime posters put Sobble closer to Ash. Seeing how Game Freak promotes it will be a good indicator of where things are headed.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Just depends on how it moves around with the drum, if it even moves around with it at all. Right now, it's depicted as a stationary fighter, with the drum being placed on the ground rather than on its shoulder. It could work, but the sheer size of the drum and Sakurai's tendency to choose Pokemon with easy to imagine movesets makes me think it probably won't happen.

Also doesn't help when the anime posters put Sobble closer to Ash. Seeing how Game Freak promotes it will be a good indicator of where things are headed.
Of course Ash gets Sobble. Sobble is the speedster of the trio. Ash always gets the speedsters, and has been shown to not do well with slow, tanky Pokemons, with the exception of Snorlax. Besides drama, why do you think his Incineroar stayed as a Torracat for so long?

I just don't like how Sobble's final evo looks like a pale imitation of Greninja, OK? No amount of marketing will cover that up.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Of course Ash gets Sobble. Sobble is the speedster of the trio. Ash always gets the speedsters, and has been shown to not do well with slow, tanky Pokemons, with the exception of Snorlax. Besides drama, why do you think his Incineroar stayed as a Torracat for so long?

I just don't like how Sobble's final evo looks like a pale imitation of Greninja, OK? No amount of marketing will cover that up.
We'll see. I don't know if Sobble will ever intentionally copy Greninja in the anime, but for now, the final evo looks clean enough.

Also, here's Scorbunny's.

cinderace.jpg

So how do we feel about Zacian and Zamazenta getting in Smash after today?

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Let's not bash other characters before they get anything going. There were going to be a couple noteworthy starters at minimum no matter how things went down. The knight wolves' chances don't hinge on there not being other compelling alternatives, it's more about being an interesting enough option on par with them to potentially get the invite.

Season 1 anime posters aren't the most reliable for determining that. Remember the first promo poster for the Sun & Moon anime?

Rowlet being next to Ash like that led to pretty much everyone assuming that'd be his team ace for Alola...but then his actual ace turned out to be the Rockruff down and to the left. And despite there being one in a prominent spot on the right side, none of the major characters ever caught a Pikipek! It's too early for us to say what Ash's team will look like, much less who'll have the greatest focus.

All we know so far is that Go is getting a Scorbunny, and even that may or may not be a huge deal. We don't know yet.

Best to wait and see how things play out here before jumping to conclusions.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Sorry for sharing so many new Pokemon, but this one is extremely relevant to Zacian and Zamazenta, so I thought I should post it.

We have what I can only guess is Eternatus.

EIVsAZqXYAALSLy.jpeg.jpg

It looks intimidating, for sure.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Sorry for sharing so many new Pokemon, but this one is extremely relevant to Zacian and Zamazenta, so I thought I should post it.

View attachment 244504

looks like a gigantimax version of some of the leaked pokemon on serebii

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I'm sure we've all figured this out by now, but that AMA leak ended up being fake. I was leaning towards it being real too, but I guess that's just further proof that you can never be too sure.

So that leaves us in the dark once again with Zacian and Zamazenta's involvement with the story. All we know is that there's an important Pokemon you meet very early in the game that sets the tone for later in the story (Gee, who could this Pokemon be!?)

It also means that Zacian and Zamazenta may not have Gigantamax Forms, which is a tad disappointing, but not the end of the world. Seems like both have some very cool signature moves.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin

View attachment 244504

As it turns out, it's looking to be the Gigantimax form of something else entirely.

Turns out Impidimp evolves twice.

Meet Morgrem, and...

Grimmsnarl.

And based on how similar the chest and hands look, it seems that image is actually a Gigantimax Grimmsnarl. Which means Eternatus is still at large.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
As it turns out, it's looking to be the Gigantimax form of something else entirely.

Meet Morgrem, and...

Grimmsnarl.

And based on how similar the chest and hands look, it seems that image is actually a Gigantimax Grimmsnarl. Which means Eternatus is still at large.
I was just about to come here and correct my previous claim.

Kinda glad we don't know much about the Legendaries, but I'm also sort of anxious. We now know that...

The starters likely won't have Gigantamax forms. That makes me think we might have a repeat of Gen VI and Megas, where neither the starters or Legendaries get a "powered-up" form. It won't hurt us too much since the starters are in the same boat, but it'd really help our case.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

Meet Morgrem, and...

Grimmsnarl.

woha thats quite a look

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
And here's a clear shot of every evo of the starters.

qoydv7zgohw31.jpg

We'll know how much competition we have in the upcoming weeks when we see these three in action.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
Well, since someone I know spoiled most of the leaked stuff (thanks college), there's no point in hidding from the inevitable.
So time to say what i think:

- At first Sobble's final form caught me off guard but ended up being my favorite of the bunch. Though i still want to see it in action before making any more judgements.
- Grookey's final form is meh, don't have anything else to say, I rarely like any of the ape pokemon.
- I might genuinely hate Scorbunny's evolution. Still want to give it a chance but man does it look ugly. The middle stage is really cool though.
And as for the other pokemon, i'm in love with most of them. I think it's going to be impossible to stick to just 6 pokemon.

As for smash stuff, i honestly don't see anyone of the starters getting in. People would be pissed with another fire starter, Sobble's final evo in my eyes would work best as a Greninja echo fighter (huh..., i really like the sound of that) and i guess Grookey's would be interesting but maybe a tad similar to DK (i'd still prefer Sceptile).

I'm fairly confident in Zacian & Zamazenta's chances./SPOILER]

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
well if the leaks are to be believed
zacian is fairy and etrnatus is the stuff on nightmares

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Eternatus has been leaked:
Although... 400 Pokemon on the dot... that's actually less than Ultra Sun and Moon had in its Pokedex. Hell, that's 50 less than X and Y had in their dex.

Edit: Double :ultgreninja:'d.

Last edited:

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
Hoo boy, where do I even start.

Don't know how people will feel about just 400 mons.
Zacian looks so... strange (i'd asume that might be either a previous form or a rest form like Xerneas).
Also wow... Eternatus looks like nightmare incarnate.
Looking at most of the new pokemon, i'd say it's up there with some of the best designs in the series. Still too soon to judge, but only time will tell.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Oops. Forgot to share these two.

image0.jpg
20191103_175801.jpg

Total stab in the dark here, but Eternatus is an evil Pokemon that gradually changes into the monstrosity in the second pic, and the player has to help Zacian/Zamazenta transform into their "battle mode" to fight it.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Oops. Forgot to share these two.

View attachment 244760View attachment 244759

Total stab in the dark here, but Eternatus is an evil Pokemon that gradually changes into the monstrosity in the second pic, and the player has to help Zacian/Zamazenta transform into their "battle mode" to fight it.
the second form reminds me of something but im not sure what

edit: ooh itd make a cool smash boss

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I can't confirm it, but...

The leaker supposedly deleted a Tweet stating that Hop will get the box art Legendary you didn't get, much like Black and White.

This would make sense, seeing how the leaker caught Zacian, but Zamazenta's sprite is still visible.

20191103_175801.jpg

This is really good for us because a common (and in my opinion, stupid) counterargument for Zacian or Zamazenta getting in Smash was that you can only encounter one of the two in either game.

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
So I’ve tried my best to keep up with the leaks but they’re all over the place haha. We know there’s an ”armored” and ”unarmored” version for our bois Zacian and Zamazenta, right? Do we know their types?

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
So I’ve tried my best to keep up with the leaks but they’re all over the place haha. We know there’s an ”armored” and ”unarmored” version for our bois Zacian and Zamazenta, right? Do we know their types?
Zacian - Fairy/Steel
Zamazenta - Fighting/Steel
Eternatus - Dragon/Poison

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
Zacian - Fairy/Steel
Zamazenta - Fighting/Steel
Eternatus - Dragon/Poison
Looking at the whole 400 pokemon, there's some interesting things:
1- Charizad is the only starter in the dex from another region, and i don't know how people will feel about this.
2- It seems Lycanroc isn't in Galar at all.
3- I can't believe they have my favorite pokemon Silvally in the game.
4- From what i can gather, there quite a lack of gen 4 pokemon compared to other gens.

Top Bottom