• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legendary Heroes of Galar - Zacian and Zamazenta for Smash

Which would you rather see get in Smash as a newcomer?

• Zacian

• Zamazenta

Results are only viewable after voting.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
well we're some more sword and shield news in the coming days, typing for out legendaries perhaps

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Wait, really? Is this because of Gamescom, or is there something else happening soon?
well as you can see cosmic77 has posted the tweet saying so, no idea if it has anything to do with gamescom

Zacian and Zamazenta?

thank you for that visual aid for my previous post

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Smash considers them to be one in the same, with how you can get mythicals in the Masterball item. Before you mention Goldeen, that one is a gag Pokémon while Zoroark is there to reference the misconception of it being legendary or mythical in the first place. I know what they all identify as in terms of the Pokémon games - I was just speaking of Smash.
That does not make legendaries and mythicals one in the same. Its like saying because Mario and the legend of Zelda are in assist trophies together makes them the same franchise. We never actually got a reason to zoarark, but that is probably not the reason

Veenon

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 2421-1779-6504
That does not make legendaries and mythicals one in the same. Its like saying because Mario and the legend of Zelda are in assist trophies together makes them the same franchise. We never actually got a reason to zoarark, but that is probably not the reason

Um, no it doesn't???

You're being really semantic about this as it is. I came here to bring support to the concept of a fighter and discuss topics surrounding it. I've played each gen, I'm fully aware of the differences between the two, but this is at all acknowledged in Smash. It's highly presumed that was the reason Zoroark could be found in Masterballs, due to the rumours it brought and misconception when its movie released. I'd rather I use this thread to discuss the concept of the fighter the OP proposed, not argue - so could you please not nitpick this?

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I actually like this idea better than another starter Pokémon. I think both Zacian and Zamazenta have the potential to be unique fighters. Personally, I'm not on the anti-sword user bandwagon--that said, if it turns out Zacian has better moveset potential than Zamazenta, so be it.

I wonder if Zacian and Zamazenta have a Zygarde/Kyurem/Giratina equivalent. If so, I could see that wolf wielding a bow and arrow. If that's the case, I'd want that one in the most, since we don't yet have an archery-based character.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I actually like this idea better than another starter Pokémon. I think both Zacian and Zamazenta have the potential to be unique fighters. Personally, I'm not on the anti-sword user bandwagon--that said, if it turns out Zacian has better moveset potential than Zamazenta, so be it.

I wonder if Zacian and Zamazenta have a Zygarde/Kyurem/Giratina equivalent. If so, I could see that wolf wielding a bow and arrow. If that's the case, I'd want that one in the most, since we don't yet have an archery-based character.
If they do get a third variant, I'd love to see this bow-weilding Legendary you were describing. A dog fighting with a sword in its mouth sounds silly enough, but a dog with a bow and arrow? I can't even begin to imagine how that would work, yet I can see it happening all the same.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
If they do get a third variant, I'd love to see this bow-weilding Legendary you were describing. A dog fighting with a sword in its mouth sounds silly enough, but a dog with a bow and arrow? I can't even begin to imagine how that would work, yet I can see it happening all the same.
perhaps it could have a pair of tusks shaped like a bow

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
The idea I had was that the bow could rest on its back, and it could draw the arrow with its tail. This way, it can still walk/run around freely whilst aiming.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Been keeping up with those daily Pokemon posts on Twitter. So far, we've gotten:

Grookey
Scorbunny
Sobble
Corviknight
Gossifleur
Wooloo
Rolycoly
Alcermie
Duraludon

Aside from the Legendaries, we still need:

Eldegoss
Drednaw
Yamper
Morpeko
All Galarian forms

Could be a coincidence, but I think it's a bit odd how we haven't gotten a post about one of the Legendaries yet. Makes me think we're getting a Pokemon Direct or video at the end of this series of posts.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Been keeping up with those daily Pokemon posts on Twitter. So far, we've gotten:

Grookey
Scorbunny
Corviknight
Gossifleur
Rolycoly
Alcermie
Duraludon

Aside from the Legendaries, we still need:

Sobble
Eldegoss
Wooloo
Drednaw
Yamper
Morpeko
All Galarian forms

Could be a coincidence, but I think it's a bit odd how we haven't gotten a post about one of the Legendaries yet. Makes me think we're getting a Pokemon Direct or video at the end of this series of posts.
could be could be, i imagine therell be something in september, cant wait to see some more galarian variants, i hope theres some based on pokemon based on animals found in britain

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
We're nearing the end of the list. All that remains is...

Drednaw
Yamper
Morpeko
Galarian Wheezing

I've got a feeling we'll be getting new info very soon.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Well, guess you were right on the money about it coming soon.

On that note, what type combinations do you guys want Zacian and Zamazenta to have? Might as well ask, since we may finally learn them in the Direct later today.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Well, guess you were right on the money about it coming soon.

On that note, what type combinations do you guys want Zacian and Zamazenta to have? Might as well ask, since we may finally learn them in the Direct later today.
Don't really have a preference since both will likely be Steel. Whatever they end up being though, I'd at least like the typing to make sense. Solgaleo being weak to fire and Lunala being weak to dark was weird.

Anyways, my guess is Zacian being Steel/Fighting (or water, but that makes less sense), and Zamazenta being Steel/Fire.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
It's confirmed! We're getting more fighters past the Fighter Pass!

I don't want to jinx anything, but I feel like a Gen VIII Pokemon is the most likely newcomer now, assuming Nintendo characters are part of the plan. Let's keep supporting Zacian and Zamazenta. With a little luck, we might just see them join Smash.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
It's confirmed! We're getting more fighters past the Fighter Pass!

I don't want to jinx anything, but I feel like a Gen VIII Pokemon is the most likely newcomer now, assuming Nintendo characters are part of the plan. Let's keep supporting Zacian and Zamazenta. With a little luck, we might just see them join Smash.
Me standing idly by with my two gen 8 support threads

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
well if the next lot of fighters started recently then a gen 8 pokemon is a possibilty

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Welp. That's exactly the break the knight wolves needed. With Season 2 confirmed, the chances of anyone from Gen 8 just rose dramatically.

I suppose now we keep tabs on how the starters pan out, since the apparent lack of a Lucario archetype in this gen means they're our biggest rivals here.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
well if the next lot of fighters started recently then a gen 8 pokemon is a possibilty
This is a huge break for these two. With this new information, the "'They were too late!' argument" is completely null and void.

Welp. That's exactly the break the knight wolves needed. With Season 2 confirmed, the chances of anyone from Gen 8 just rose dramatically.

I suppose now we keep tabs on how the starters pan out, since the apparent lack of a Lucario archetype in this gen means they're our biggest rivals here.
I know. Feeling pretty confident now, though nervous as well.

The starters will definitely be our biggest threat, but since the last two newcomers were starters, I think we've got the advantage here.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
While it's a shame Lycanroc is done for, a gen 8 pokemon could happen and hopefully we get it this time.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Side note, Oddish, Ditto, Bonsly, Baltoy, Cherubi, Pidove, Sigilyph, Litwick, and Togedemaru have been confirmed for SwSh. I believe we're up to 240 Pokemon now.

Also, I wanted to say that I'll be updating the first post soon. I need to change a few things now that we know more characters are coming.

Staarih

Smash Master
Yup, I’m feeling a Gen 8 Pokemon is very much possible if not even likely now. Definitely hope it’ll be something out of the usual bipedal, starter ones we’ve had so far so Zacian/Zamazents would be very much welcome.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
What do you think they meant with introducing more game worlds?

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
What do you think they meant with introducing more game worlds?
Turns out not even the original Japanese is clear on what it means.

So far, I think he was just referring to new settings regardless of if the series they're from is brand new or already present.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Turns out not even the original Japanese is clear on what it means.

So far, I think he was just referring to new settings regardless of if the series they're from is brand new or already present.
just another comment for fans to go nuts with

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Regardless of what Sakurai meant, let's not worry ourselves over it just yet. We have another shot at DLC, and that's something we can take a breath of relief over.

Ignoring the "game worlds" comment, I think our first line of business is Spirits. The best thing that could possibly happen to us is no new Spirits at all, but if we were to get some, what would it mean? Would that be a deconfirmation? SMM2 and FE:TH didn't get any, so there's a good chance SwSh could be passed over too. Still, it's something we need to be prepared for.

Top Bottom