• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legendary Heroes of Galar - Zacian and Zamazenta for Smash

Which would you rather see get in Smash as a newcomer?

• Zacian

• Zamazenta

Results are only viewable after voting.

zacian

Smash Apprentice
Who would be quite big to announce around what was going to be e3 time?
Rex, but honestly I dunno who fighter 7 could be if they were intended for e3, cause they might’ve changed their plans for who it is

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I'm really curious to see who Fighter #7 will be, so hopefully they show who it is after showcasing the Arms character. Who would be quite big to announce around what was going to be e3 time?
Well, if a guest fighter, I could see them going with a long running fan request in Geno the way Banjo happened, or they could pull a Hero with a notable new franchise inclusion with someone like Lloyd or Steve. If they go with a first party character, it'd probably be another highly requested character. Maybe Rex, since he famously missed the base roster because of unfortunate timing just like ARMS did?

I don't think we'll see a SwSh newcomer revealed yet. That feels more like Fighter #8 or #9 territory, with a reveal this fall or holiday season.

I'd say they should've been giving pokemon unique themes per gen rather than the same theme from over a decade ago (which even now it's a rushed version with a piece cut out, just sounds wrong). They've been doing it for the Fire Emblem characters from Awakening onwards.
For what it's worth, Fire Emblem only started doing it in Ultimate. They all had the same generic variant of the series' main theme prior; now only Marth, Roy, and Ike do.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Well, if a guest fighter, I could see them going with a long running fan request in Geno the way Banjo happened, or they could pull a Hero with a notable new franchise inclusion with someone like Lloyd or Steve. If they go with a first party character, it'd probably be another highly requested character. Maybe Rex, since he famously missed the base roster because of unfortunate timing just like ARMS did?

I don't think we'll see a SwSh newcomer revealed yet. That feels more like Fighter #8 or #9 territory, with a reveal this fall or holiday season.

For what it's worth, Fire Emblem only started doing it in Ultimate. They all had the same generic variant of the series' main theme prior; now only Marth, Roy, and Ike do.
Honestly, FE has a beautifal soundtrack and I'm wondering why so little of it is in smash. Heck, Fates is literally represented by 4 variations of the same track.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
Honestly, FE has a beautifal soundtrack and I'm wondering why so little of it is in smash. Heck, Fates is literally represented by 4 variations of the same track.
I wish i knew, but i can tell that they don't want to add too many songs period & having to pick from a large selection makes it even harder. But i guess sometimes you're Xenoblade and other times you're SNK (and if very unlucky, you're Final Fantasy).

Though i will never understand Fates only having 4 versions of the same song. Especially when Birthright & Conquest have distinctly different soundtracks.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Hard to say when we'll learn of more, but in the meantime...

Anyone here have any good enough Photoshop skills to work a mockup?
i would but ive been cut off from photoshop, plus id just start removing some characters

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Hard to say when we'll learn of more, but in the meantime...

Anyone here have any good enough Photoshop skills to work a mockup?
PicsArt_06-11-11.40.17.jpg

I'll need to find a matching text, but what characters did you guys want? Or would you just like me to choose?

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
id just start removing some characters
That reminds me, i was thinking of how the inevitable next smash game would work in terms of it's roster, and i think cutting 50% of the roster while heavily updating movesets that really need it would be the best way to go. Like a reboot of sorts.

Some cut characters are easy to figure out (a lot of 3rd parties), but then there's a bunch of 1st parties who would at this point are impossible to figure out.

How would your cut roster look like (in terms of who we need in the game and who is either not important or very hard to get the rights to)? Of course, to the best of your intuition.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
That reminds me, i was thinking of how the inevitable next smash game would work in terms of it's roster, and i think cutting 50% of the roster while heavily updating movesets that really need it would be the best way to go. Like a reboot of sorts.

Some cut characters are easy to figure out (a lot of 3rd parties), but then there's a bunch of 1st parties who would at this point are impossible to figure out.

How would your cut roster look like (in terms of who we need in the game and who is either not important or very hard to get the rights to)? Of course, to the best of your intuition.
i would just get rid of all the ones i dont like, trim down FE and then look at what everyone else brings

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

I think half is a little excessive, so let's aim for 50 characters.

:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultbowser::ultrosalina::ultbowserjr::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool:
:ultlink::ultsheik::ultzelda::ultganondorf::ultsamus::ultridley::ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultmetaknight:
:ultkingdedede::ultfox::ultfalco::ultpikachu::ultmewtwo::ultpokemontrainer::ultlucario::ultgreninja::ultness:
:ultfalcon::ultmarth::ultike::ultrobin::ultbyleth::ultpit::ultwario::ultsonic::ultolimar:
:ultvillager::ultisabelle::ultmegaman::ultpacman::ultshulk::ultryu::ultinkling::ulthero::ultbanjokazooie:

That's 45, with the other 5 being a toss-up between :ulticeclimbers::ultgnw::ultwolf::ultlittlemac::ultpalutena::ultduckhunt::ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultincineroar: and ARMS.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
I think half is a little excessive, so let's aim for 50 characters.

:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultbowser::ultrosalina::ultbowserjr::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool:
:ultlink::ultsheik::ultzelda::ultganondorf::ultsamus::ultridley::ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultmetaknight:
:ultkingdedede::ultfox::ultfalco::ultpikachu::ultmewtwo::ultpokemontrainer::ultlucario::ultgreninja::ultness:
:ultfalcon::ultmarth::ultike::ultrobin::ultbyleth::ultpit::ultwario::ultsonic::ultolimar:
:ultvillager::ultisabelle::ultmegaman::ultpacman::ultshulk::ultryu::ultinkling::ulthero::ultbanjokazooie:

That's 45, with the other 5 being a toss-up between :ulticeclimbers::ultgnw::ultwolf::ultlittlemac::ultpalutena::ultduckhunt::ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultincineroar: and ARMS.
I've seen people argue for 30 characters, which i think is definitely excessive. But do keep in mind that half the roster wouldn't be that bad if the gameplay takes a significant overhaul (because i have a hard time seeing the justification for getting the new smash game being anything but significantly overhauled gameplay & movesets from Ultimate, cause otherwise we'd end up with "It's Ultimate but with less content"). But that's just me, i'm not very knowledgeable
on how they developed Smash Ultimate. Plus it really depends on how much they'd want to overhaul the gameplay.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605

I'd say this.
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultbowser:Toad, :ultyoshi: :ultwario:(included here to condense this post)
:ultlink::ultzelda:Ganon :ulttoonlink: Tingle
:ultkirby::ultkingdedede:Dark Matter
:ultdk::ultkrool:
:ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultridley:
:ultfox::ultwolf:
:ultpikachu::ultpokemontrainer::ultjigglypuff:Melmetal, Rotom
:ultfalcon::ultgnw::ultpit::ultolimar::ultrob::ultduckhunt::ultlittlemac::ultmiifighters:(all three, just condensed):ultinkling:
:ultness:, Porky
:ultmarth::ultrobin::ultcorrinf::ultbyleth:
:ultshulk:Rex
:ultvillager:Tom Nook
Maybe more, but this is just a basic one. Now, if third parties were included I'd add these guys.
:ultsonic::ultsimon::ulthero::ultryu::ultpacman:
Have a nice day.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
I'd say this.
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultbowser:Toad, :ultyoshi: :ultwario:(included here to condense this post)
:ultlink::ultzelda:Ganon :ulttoonlink: Tingle
:ultkirby::ultkingdedede:Dark Matter
:ultdk::ultkrool:
:ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultridley:
:ultfox::ultwolf:
:ultpikachu::ultpokemontrainer::ultjigglypuff:Melmetal, Rotom
:ultfalcon::ultgnw::ultpit::ultolimar::ultrob::ultduckhunt::ultlittlemac::ultmiifighters:(all three, just condensed):ultinkling:
:ultness:, Porky
:ultmarth::ultrobin::ultcorrinf::ultbyleth:
:ultshulk:Rex
:ultvillager:Tom Nook
Maybe more, but this is just a basic one. Now, if third parties were included I'd add these guys.
:ultsonic::ultsimon::ulthero::ultryu::ultpacman:
Have a nice day.
Very interesting Ideas. I agree with most of the cut characters with a few omisions being odd for me.

-Mario Series is perfect aside from missing Rosalina.
-Don't know about removing Sheik. I get Sheik is like the many Zelda characters that people want who are one-off characters, but still odd. I'd also take Ganon over Ganondorf unless they finally give Ganondorf his Magic.
-If Dark Samus is unique then the Metroid list is perfect. If not, then replace Dark Samus with Zero Suit or maybe even Sylux.
-I'm torn as to wether they should keep Wolf or Falco.
-Knowing the popular pokemon we got from pokemon day, i highly doubt they'd ever get rid of Greninja or Lucario. I'd like to see how Melmetal & Rotom would work though.
-I think i'd swap Little Mac with Ice Climbers. Other than that i like the selection.
-I mostly agree with Fire Emblem, though i don't know how i'd feel if Corrin stayed and Ike left.
-I always wanted Nook over Isabelle. Just preference.
-And for 3rd parties i'd say add Megaman and it's perfect.

I realize it's very hard to say now who would be cut and who would stay. I do wonder how long would it be for the next smash game. Maybe 2026?

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
well if we're all listing the veterans wed keep

mario, luigi, peach, bowser, rosalina, jr without the koopalings, yoshi, dk, diddy, k.rool, link, zelda, shiek, ganondorf, young link, toon link, samus, ridley, kirby, meta knight, dedede, fox, pikachu, jigglypufff, pt, lucario, greninja, falcon, ness, lucas, ice climbers, marth, chrom, ike, g&w, pit, maybe palutena, wario, olimar, rob, villager, wii fit trainer, shulk, the duo, sonic, megaman, probably pac man, cloud, the mii fighters, isabelle, inkling, the arms character and b&k

of course thats just vetrans

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Very interesting Ideas. I agree with most of the cut characters with a few omisions being odd for me.

-Mario Series is perfect aside from missing Rosalina.
-Don't know about removing Sheik. I get Sheik is like the many Zelda characters that people want who are one-off characters, but still odd. I'd also take Ganon over Ganondorf unless they finally give Ganondorf his Magic.
-If Dark Samus is unique then the Metroid list is perfect. If not, then replace Dark Samus with Zero Suit or maybe even Sylux.
-I'm torn as to wether they should keep Wolf or Falco.
-Knowing the popular pokemon we got from pokemon day, i highly doubt they'd ever get rid of Greninja or Lucario. I'd like to see how Melmetal & Rotom would work though.
-I think i'd swap Little Mac with Ice Climbers. Other than that i like the selection.
-I mostly agree with Fire Emblem, though i don't know how i'd feel if Corrin stayed and Ike left.
-I always wanted Nook over Isabelle. Just preference.
-And for 3rd parties i'd say add Megaman and it's perfect.

I realize it's very hard to say now who would be cut and who would stay. I do wonder how long would it be for the next smash game. Maybe 2026?
Alright lemme give my reasoning behind these guys.
I cut Rosalina because, despite being major, she had far less significance in most games compared to Peach or Daisy (who I cut mainly to limit mario) Rosalina hardly appears in main series games and normally is just a spin off exclusive.
Shiek I cut for the exact reason you mentioned.
Dark Samus I kept to represent Metroid Prime.
Yeah, I really can't decide on whether those two should stay or not. Pokemon Popularity confuses me a lot.
I cut Icies cause they only had one game. At least the other retro who had one game had success (Duck Hunt selling more than 30 million copies)
I kept Corrin to represent the manaketes, dragons who sealed their dragon forms in dragonstones and live in human form. Of course Corrin has more backstory but that's it. They can turn into dragons at will. I want to swap her for tiki but I kept corrin to represent more varied games. Fire Emblem games always have a different cast (unless you're mystery of the emblem or radiant dawn) So adding corrin represents more.
Was always iffy on Mega Man honestly.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I cut Rosalina because, despite being major, she had far less significance in most games compared to Peach or Daisy (who I cut mainly to limit mario) Rosalina hardly appears in main series games and normally is just a spin off exclusive.
I kept Corrin to represent the manaketes, dragons who sealed their dragon forms in dragonstones and live in human form. Of course Corrin has more backstory but that's it. They can turn into dragons at will. I want to swap her for tiki but I kept corrin to represent more varied games. Fire Emblem games always have a different cast (unless you're mystery of the emblem or radiant dawn) So adding corrin represents more.
rosalina has had more main game appearances than daisy

corrin isnt in a manaketes youve got him representing something hes not

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
PicsArt_06-12-01.25.46.jpg

Rex and Zacian were the only requests, so I filled out the rest with some characters I'd personally like to get (Mipha is interchangeable with BotW 2 rep).

If someone can find some matching text, I'll add that too.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
Shiek I cut for the exact reason you mentioned.
Dark Samus I kept to represent Metroid Prime.
Yeah, I really can't decide on whether those two should stay or not. Pokemon Popularity confuses me a lot.
I cut Icies cause they only had one game. At least the other retro who had one game had success (Duck Hunt selling more than 30 million copies)
I'm not sure if Corrin properly represents Manaketes very well. Aside from turning it's limbs into dragon parts (which kind of act like spears), it only really turns into a full dragon in his/her Up & Down throws, Counter & Final smash. I think they should pick someone else personally. And i do think Ike is great representation as Marth & Ike are distinctly different from each other (plus they're from different games).

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
rosalina has had more main game appearances than daisy

corrin isnt in a manaketes youve got him representing something hes not
How are they not a manakete? Well, I guess it depends on the viewpoint. But outside of Corrin, I don't really have anybody else for the spot other than Tiki, who I'm neglecting as she's from a game already represented.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
How are they not a manakete? Well, I guess it depends on the viewpoint. But outside of Corrin, I don't really have anybody else for the spot other than Tiki, who I'm neglecting as she's from a game already represented.
well for a start they never refer to him as such

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
Ok, i just have to show this shot from the most recent episode of the anime, cause i laughed so hard.
1592202802965.png

They're not even hidding it anymore. Any chance they have showing off Charizard they take it (Btw this is a random trainer's charizard).

Last edited:

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I think it's a little too soon for Diamond and Pearl remakes, and they've already covered the DLC a little while ago.

I feel like most of this will be new content. Perhaps a mobile game or another spin-off game?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I think it's a little too soon for Diamond and Pearl remakes, and they've already covered the DLC a little while ago.

I feel like most of this will be new content. Perhaps a mobile game or another spin-off game?
never say never

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky

I recall that someone translated the japanese annoucenement, which stated it'd be mainly Isle of Armor news + "New products".

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
So...less than an hour to go now. What do they have in store for us?

Agreed. 11 minutes means they only have so much to reveal (the January Direct was ~20 minutes), but they also spent the majority of that talking about Sword & Shield's DLC expansions, what is basically the main line content this year. I'm guessing they'll do a brief hype reel for Isle of Armor (ending with "Available Now"), go over Home updates briefly, then spend the last 5-6 minutes announcing a new spinoff title.

The dream would be Pokkén 2--the original still has a small-but-dedicated community, and has the potential to grow massively with a sequel on a console with a much bigger playerbase than the Wii U. That, and it'd give us two chances for the characters we're interested in to get into a fighting game instead of just one.

Last edited:

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
So it seems there was barely any SwSh on the presentation, which is fine. I never knew i would be interested or hyped for a snap game, but those visuals alone have sold me (really wish mainline pokemon could look like it). Bandai Namco is apparently making it.

What could they possibly announce next week though?

1592409461208.png (Got way too excited about seeing Blastoise eating an apple).

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
If we're getting a second presentation so close to another, then I have a feeling there's something fairly significant that they want to show us.

Either they have even more DLC planned for SwSh, a third version is still being made, or the remakes are coming sooner than I thought.

zacian

Smash Apprentice
Really cool thing about the DLC is that after you get Kubfu, it lets you walk around with the first Pokémon on your team. You can only do it on the Isle of Amor but it’s still sick

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
If we're getting a second presentation so close to another, then I have a feeling there's something fairly significant that they want to show us.

Either they have even more DLC planned for SwSh, a third version is still being made, or the remakes are coming sooner than I thought.
Wonder if they'll talk about Detective Pikachu 2, since it's become a big deal in recent years thanks to the movie.

Though a more out there idea is a spin-off that's more of an open world rpg game. Not happening for sure, but it's an idea.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Wonder if they'll talk about Detective Pikachu 2, since it's become a big deal in recent years thanks to the movie.

Though a more out there idea is a spin-off that's more of an open world rpg game. Not happening for sure, but it's an idea.
Detective Pikachu is definitely a big deal now. I'm pretty sure the Detective Pikachu amiibo was even in the background during the presentation.

I suppose it's possible that next week's presentation will cover something involving that, but I feel like that's something they could've covered today. Guess it doesn't matter much. A new Detective Pikachu is arguably a bigger deal compared to everything else discussed today, especially if it's the base for a sequel to the film.

Top Bottom