• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Legend of Zelda Wii U no longer launching In 2015, will not be at E3 this year

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892

Disappointing, but not surprising. However, not showing it at all seems to suggest that the game is going through a massive overhaul. I think it's being delayed so it can launch alongside their new NX platform in 2016. It's going to be Twilight Princess all over again.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
I am glad he is delaying the game because I too didn't believe that it would be as good with a 2015 release TBH. So I am willing to wait another year to play the amazing game I know this will be.

Do your best Anouma-senpai!!

Last edited:

Herr Director

Smash Rookie
NNID
Herr_Director
A younger me would be upset, but history has shown that when they delay their titles, the wait tends to be worth it. I'll take a Zelda game that utilizes every second to be the best game it can over a Zelda rushed out the door like a Ubisoft title.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Disappointing, but not surprising. However, not showing it at all seems to suggest that the game is going through a massive overhaul. I think it's being delayed so it can launch alongside their new NX platform in 2016. It's going to be Twilight Princess all over again.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. From how they are saying they underestimated what they are now capable of, they ended up with some ideas they really liked, but could no longer add in that late in development, so they begged for a time extension and scrapped a significant portion of the original game.

Last edited:

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
The combination of cutting the Wii U's life short and launching NX next year and pushing back the main game many people got a Wii U for to another platform would shake a lot of people's faith in Nintendo. Pulling another Twilight Princess, especially because the Wii U hasn't gotten a new Zelda, would make me furious because Zelda and Smash are the main two things I buy Nintendo consoles for, and would frankly feel cheated if they did this. I mean I do think that they'll make it worth our wait as far as the new Zelda goes, but it's completely unacceptable for us to have gone a decade between console Zeldas with traditional controls at least being an option. From 1998 to 2006 we got 4 major console Zeldas and Four Swords Adventures, and I was always excited for a new game, but never felt as though there was nothing to play. Since then we've gotten 3 new handhelds,(only one of which had traditional controls, and it was basically a half remake) a motion-controlled console Zelda, and 3 remakes. I'm tired of remakes, I'm tired of "innovative" control schemes, and I'm tired of delays and excuses. I don't expect the NX to actually come out in 2016 and I expect Zelda U to actually come out for the Wii U in that year. I admire Aonuma's ambition, but sometimes I feel he tries too hard to be "innovative" in the wrong ways and attempts to make things too perfect, while it seems the Zelda series is slowly sliding into irrelevance because Nintendo simply can't seem to make a console Zelda in less than 5 years anymore. I don't want Zelda to become an annualized rehash franchise, but I'm not getting any younger and 5 years is simply too long to wait between games, certainly for a single-player game where you need new content.

finalark

SNORLAX
I'm really hoping this isn't the case. I just got my Wii U last year and I'm still waiting for a few more killer titles. So far the Wii U has proven to be a solid box if you're looking for platformers but offers little verity beyond that. I doubt we'll see the NX hit store shelves until 2017 at earliest. Most consoles usually have a five year life cycle (for you young'ns out there who grew up in the HD era, that was an abnormally long generation). Considering that the Wii U came out in 2012 we're on year three, so chances are the console will stick around for at least two more years.

Anyway, on the note of LoZ Wuu being an E3-no show. It sucks, but I'm crossing my fingers that it's because Nintendo doesn't feel particularly confident in it right now and is taking time to refine it before showing their work to the masses. Delayed Zelda is better than rushed, mediocre Zelda.

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
I don't mind the delay, but it also leaves my Wii U unplayable in months to come. I highly doubt the Wii U will do very well this year, but of course, it has been like this since launch. Not showing any new Zelda U stuff at E3 is pretty bad and only showing games seeing a 2015 release is just a dumb reason not to show anything regarding the game.

Top Bottom