• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes

Quillion

Smash Hero
...Or, as I like to call it Four Three Swords.

On one hand, I like that it has online co-op (something that the co-op Mario titles are reluctant to incorporate for no reason).

But on the other hand, going from Four to Three Swords seems like a step backwards.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Mario doesn't do it because of lag. It would have to use a lag system like Smash does, and you know how hard it is to get a good match. And of course randoms would be unplayable because you'd have people who rush the screen ahead (keeping it all on one screen is necessary, otherwise slow players would just be playing empty levels), people who can barely jump, and trolls all in one group. Without randoms it's not even worth setting up.

Zelda can do it because it doesn't need to be absurdly precise, so it can use a system most shooters and racers do. Killing each other actively hurts yourself, and there's likely a good incentive to make it through levels optimally like a rupee bonus based on time or damage. All we need is a system to handle a weak Link and we'll be golden.

Going from four to three is weird, but I don't really think it's a big deal. Being a handheld game, if you had four players you could do two teams instead of leaving somebody out. If it were a console game then yeah, that'd be bad.

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
I just missed out on playing it at Best Buy Saturday... but I watched it being played. Game looks like so much fun. Both my wife and I are huge Zelda fans (so is my 6 year old)... so it's a game we're all going to be getting and enjoying together.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm gonna skip this one for the time being. I got other 3DS games I gotta finish first.

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Is there a boss fight after 8-4?

Also, man 8-4 is hard, what are the best three items for it?

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Hey update! Apparently if you play a stage you didn't vote for, you get Hero Points.

CptJPuff

Smash Journeyman
Achievement Unlock:
For 6 games in a row, have at least one teammate ruin the game by doing the following:
1. Going AFK for three hours.
2. Killing himself until we Game Over.

Has anyone else had fun experiences like these? ;)

Top Bottom