• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - NO SPOILERS, USE THE SPOILER THREAD PLEASE

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
Now, I'm confused. I tried looking up the collector's edition, but I can't find anything to confirm that it's a collector's edition and not a preorder item. Could I get a link from a reliable source or something?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Getting a mii mote plus and a sountrack for $20 more is a good price.

Kinda want to get the new Golden eye special edition that came out a while ago. It comes with a gold old school controller

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Get ****ing hyped for this.

This is making me very anticipated. It also makes we wonder whether I should keep TP and play it again after SS or trade it w/ some money for SS....
But otherwise, this game has feel so much Epics. Epics as in, making literature out of it.

If anyone is going to predict another 10/10 for this game from GI, I support you.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I feel it will be worth it to sell TP unless you really, really liked TP. I didn't like it that much in the first place, so I'm sure after I play SS, TP will be even less fun for me.

I hope I'm right.

Oh, does anyone know if having the MotionPlus mean that the sensor bar isn't utilized at all? Isn't it all relative to itself with the Motionplus addon?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I feel it will be worth it to sell TP unless you really, really liked TP. I didn't like it that much in the first place, so I'm sure after I play SS, TP will be even less fun for me.

I hope I'm right.
I really like the game. Zant was probably the best boss I've ever played. I still have my thoughts on keeping it...

Oh, does anyone know if having the MotionPlus mean that the sensor bar isn't utilized at all? Isn't it all relative to itself with the Motionplus addon?
Yes but, probably both. You can point off screen anytime when weilding the sword. And point at the screen when having shooting weapons.

Try to buy a wii remote plus in case you don't like controller add-ons

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't like Giraham.

The Japanese have too many girly men villains in their anime.

Someone we need a manly man like Ganondorf

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'd love a game where you get to play as Ganondorf. Hail to the King baby! I'd totally wanna play as the pimp of Gerudo Valley.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Who wouldn't get cocky with an army of woman, willing to do anything you desire.

Hell, they only see a man once every thousand years. And I mean a REAL man, not one of those Hylians

Jonas

Smash Champion
I'd play a Zelda game with Ganon as the protagonist if he could use "The Punch" on the enemies.
I don't like Giraham.

The Japanese have too many girly men villains in their anime.

Someone we need a manly man like Ganondorf
Apparently effeminate villains look "cool" or something.
I too would rather have one like Ganon who actually looks like a bad***, although I'd also like to see a new villain (who isn't Girahim).
It's kind of sad to see Zelda stories getting more and more inspired by anime. Maybe Aonuma is an otaku or something.
It sometimes works out for Nintendo when they introduce new villains. I especially like Zant (although he got hijacked by Ganon) and Majora's Mask (the latter of which is interesting because it's not a character. It's just a cursed object of unknown origin).

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
I think GwJumpman was the one that said he was gonna buy one to play and another for collection purposes.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Yup. I'm keeping one of them sealed. I've got a nice Zelda collection I've started of complete copies of games. I'm only missing the Oracle games, Minish Cap, and aLttP Four Swords. I have the TP Nintendo Selects sealed and the OoT3D soundtrack sealed. SS collector's edition will join that in November.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I've purposefully kept the soundtrack sealed as well. Almost opened it, but my gut suggested otherwise.

:phone:

Edit: also, Ghirahim is one of the best villain designs the series has ever seen IMO. He's practically a fusion of Vaati and the Gilded Sword, or of David Bowie, Freddie Mercury (what spandex!) and a vampire.

Majora is still the absolute best though.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yup. I'm keeping one of them sealed. I've got a nice Zelda collection I've started of complete copies of games. I'm only missing the Oracle games, Minish Cap, and aLttP Four Swords. I have the TP Nintendo Selects sealed and the OoT3D soundtrack sealed. SS collector's edition will join that in November.
Oh yeah, totally forgot you were gonna do that. Geez, wish I had the money to collect items like that.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Eh, I work a minimum wage job. Actually, I got a 20 cent raise so I make 7.45 an hour now :troll:

The reason I have money is because my parents are helping pay for college and I'm not paying anything until after when i have loans due. On top of that, I only spend money on gas and food and coupled with the few hours I get from my job since I'm at college, I break about even, maybe make some. So because of that, I'm hanging at around 2.8-3k in money. After I graduate, I have a guaranteed job making 60k starting at a hospital so I feel I can enjoy myself while I'm in college.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Wow, Tokyo. How big is your monitor? It's gotta be small if that stretched your screen.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Spire, he said Metro not homo
Then what is this supposed to mean:
yeah look at kefka.. dude looked like the biggest pillowbiter
?

And as for you:
Nope, homosexual = gay
I've nothing against gay people, but villains are supposed to look menacing, not "fabulous".
Your argument still makes absolutely no sense. Brutality is more villainous than seduction? Really? Both stem from the hunger for power. Deft brutality is more direct, whereas Ghirahim's seductive qualities measure a character more playful and confident in his abilities. I think Ghirahim looks menacing, just not in the same vein as Ganondorf because of how radically different they are. Embrace the difference!

Villains are not supposed to look any specific way whatsoever. What separates a villain from a hero are motives and actions. You were just speaking of Ganondorf as a playable character in a Zelda game... well wouldn't that make him the protagonist? As such, are his actions—now under your control—actually villainous? You can play the "villain", but it's all about perspective. One force wants to change the world, one wants to preserve it. We've always played the preservationist. Once Ganon has taken over all of Hyrule, rewritten its history and altered its culture so substantially, he is no longer a villain. He stopped the villains Link and Zelda from preventing his crusade to transform the world in his eyes.

I know I'm getting into some subject matter that may be too much a tangent, but I digress. Besides absolute creation and absolute destruction, there are two driving forces: construction and deconstruction. Everything can be broken down into a series of microevents with either constructive or deconstructive qualities. Things merge, and they split apart. That's that. Hyrule is a constructed land that Ganondorf desires to reconstruct in his own image. Aside from acknowledging the moral implications of forcing a people from their homes, I deem his act admirable. Pay attention to his dialog in The Wind Waker. It really gives some insight to who he is as a human being.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Nope, homosexual = gay
I've nothing against gay people, but villains are supposed to look menacing, not "fabulous".
Villains aren't "supposed" to look like anything specifically. Where is the manual you are getting this information from? If people only created things based on what is "supposed" to be, art would be completely pointless and self-defeating. It would be manufacturing, not creating.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
don't take things so seriously? are you insecure about something? or maybe offended? if you're offended by something you read on the internet my suggestion is to just sign off permanently lol

99% know what I meant

Spire

III
BRoomer
I understood exactly what you meant, but I never got the impression that Kefka was gay.

Top Bottom