• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - NO SPOILERS, USE THE SPOILER THREAD PLEASE

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
wouldn't it be hilarious if Nintendo revealed they were going to move SS to the Project Cafe console like they did with TP and Wii?

by hilarious I mean heinous.
I can't see it happening. The big thing about this game is that it takes advantage of the Wii Motion Plus. I'm sorry but it wouldn't be good to move it to Project Cafe and say "Yes, it is now for *console name* However, you'll still have to buy a Wii Mote with Wii Motion Plus if you want to be able to play this game".

And if they did that it would mean that the only Zelda that Wii got was a GCN Zelda that got released on both consoles.

Besides, Skyward Sword is a Wii Zelda at heart. It may seem like something they might do, but I don't see them actually doing it.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
HAHAHA! I was having these exact thoughts recently. A Zelda game is finally coming out, and a new console is already on the horizon.

Nintendo can't keep doing this. At least when Blizzard delays a game, it's a game I know I'll play for years and years, over and over. Zelda cannot do that. Zelda plays through once or twice and then stagnates for a couple years. You cannot have 5 year gaps on those games. Of course, I prefer that over pumping out crap every other year, but still... focus maybe?

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
That reversed Zelda's Lullaby piece does not sound at all good to me.

I mean, it's serviceable I guess but I'd rather hear a truly new piece, or at least pick a better song to reverse for nostalgia factor.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Oh, you guys are upset that Nintendo decided to use more cinematic orchestral music for Skyward Sword despite writing the theme to literally reflect Zelda's Lullaby? Really guys? Really?

I'm as excited for the music of Skyward Sword as I am the game itself.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Oh, you guys are upset that Nintendo decided to use more cinematic orchestral music for Skyward Sword despite writing the theme to literally reflect Zelda's Lullaby? Really guys? Really?

I'm as excited for the music of Skyward Sword as I am the game itself.
Not sure what your point here is. Simply reversing a song is lazy, especially when it doesn't even sound that great. There are plenty of ways to pay tribute to a song without just playing it backwards. Sure, it's awesome that it's orchestrated, that doesn't upset me at all... but that fact alone doesn't make the piece well-written or good to listen to.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I was never very fond of the theme in the first place so I can now appreciate it a little bit more.

Like what LT said though it IS pretty lazy to just reverse a theme.

kupo15

Smash Hero
its a compositional technique actually and its not exactly that lazy. The skill comes from creating new chords and re-orchestrating it to make it sound good. Its a method of developing a theme

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I could be mishearing, but the chord progression sounds nearly identical to the OoT version. albeit, there is a lot more orchestral fluff going on, and there is a small section that is changed.

kupo15

Smash Hero
no way. The chords are completely different. Completely. And orchestration is a key part in any composition. You can have the best melody and chords but if you don't know how to assign the notes to the proper instruments then it won't work. The new version also added counter melodies and stuff. Its pretty neat!

tera twin

Smash Journeyman
^ thanks

I just couldn't wrap my mind around the idea that Nintendo would half-*** through the trailer's music (even though I already found it neat). It just didn't ...sound right.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I wouldn't be as pissed as when they moved it to the Wii. This time it's actually a seriously significant graphics jump. In fact, a larger graphics jump than PS2/Xbox to PS3/Xbox 360. This time it wouldn't be so bad.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I hope Nintendo doesn't start making it a habit of releasing Zelda games on nearly dead consoles. I'd really like a new Zelda game for Project Cafe while I'm still amazed by the graphic power, not after the console is old.

I hope they do more with Hyrule's Landscape. TP's Hyrule Field was so impressionless and empty that I don't even remember it. It's simply an empty field that acts more like an obstacle that you want to ride through as FAST as possible!

I hope they do something like... um... ALttP's hyrule! I remember THAT Hyrule very well! It was vast, with random forests and swamps and lakes and magical things. It felt immense, but also gave you no restrictions. You could go wherever you wanted at all times of the day. In TP, it was all cut off 100% of the time. If you wanted to go to Zora's Domain, you couldnt just walk there. You had to beat the first and second temple, defeat a mini-boss, do a slightly annoying mini-quest involving riding a twilight trumpet bird, THEN you could finally go to zora's domain!

I may be holding onto my old-fashioned ideals of videogames, but I think they should re-integrate the free-roam. Plus, some more interesting landscape, since I got off track with my first original point.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I've been saying that for a while lol. More free roaming. Also, you couldn't go EVERYWHERE in Lttp in the dark world but still its more free than anything post MM.

And good, I'm not the only one who thinks that TP's field was empty. That whole game was huge with tons of holes. I'd prefer not so big but stuffed to the brim

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
I hope Nintendo doesn't start making it a habit of releasing Zelda games on nearly dead consoles. I'd really like a new Zelda game for Project Cafe while I'm still amazed by the graphic power, not after the console is old.
Who knows? Maybe they already have one in development for Cafe now.

I bet at least ideas are being bounced around.

You can't go everywhere in LttP until a good 3/4ths into it. It's still by far the best overworld the series has seen. Nearly every screen has something to discover, big or small./
Ok, that's fair. You cant go EVERYWHERE. I'm just saying that it's VERY open in comparison to every game after it. Plus, like your said, the overworld keeps you on your toes. There's more to look at then a random tree and some bugs to catch.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Ok, that's fair. You cant go EVERYWHERE. I'm just saying that it's VERY open in comparison to every game after it. Plus, like your said, the overworld keeps you on your toes. There's more to look at then a random tree and some bugs to catch.
I think this was one of TP's major flaws. It's not often someone mentions how gorgeous and scenic Hyrule Field looks, though, I gotta say; the view is almost always very nice while riding horseback.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Peahats scared me as much as ReDeads and Boos (from Mario 64) back in the day. They were kind of overwhelming.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
I found the Peahats to be one of the most intimidating types of enemies in OoT, but they're actually not that difficult to fight, especially once you've gotten the boomerang.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
after helping a friend 100% TP, I want to at least somewhat support TP for having more places to explore than people think. Most of the exploration only leads to worthless rupees though. Money needs more scarcity in that game.

Top Bottom