• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legend of Korra

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah If it was premiering in April I think we would've heard something official by now. :(

I hope they make an announcement soon still, though. A year break in between seasons is enough as it is.

Kadano

Magical Express
Apparently, episode 1 will be screened at San Diego CC this friday. Source

My expectations are pretty low after book 1, but I’m still looking forward to it.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
If you're looking forward to it, your expectations must not be that low... :ohwell:

_Keno_

Smash Lord
I didnt really the second series, but I know I'll probably watch more when it comes out. Everything just seemed so dry.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
I heard it was starting in September, something to look forward too since I am not looking forward to September at all. Although the spirit world stuff looked...weird. It reminds me of that famous anime movie director, whatever the name was. I've never been let down by avatar so I'm sure they'll pull it off but the battles started looking like Harry potter at one point.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
For some reason, I'm not as hyped as I was when the season ended last year. To be honest, whenever I'm browsing my TV, and see "Legend of Korra" I just go "meh". But when I see "Last Airbender" (not the movie), then I'm all in for watching a random episode.

I guess it might also have to do with what I recall a more "serious" tone in LoK.

Mewter

Smash Master
Look at 2:00 in that video.
A non-Korra avatar either from a flashback, as a transformation, or coming back from the spirit world?

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, it looks great. I really hope we won't have to wait another year+ between seasons after this one again, though.

Also it's at 7pm now which is an excellent decision by nick since people won't have to get up at a dumb hour to watch it so less people will be inclined to just pirate it instead of watching it live.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I hope a Friday evening slot doesn't hurt it too much. If kids and teens are the primary audience, they might be forced to go with their parents somewhere, or have made plans.

I'm not really that hyped for this season for one reason or another. I guess I just found the whole cast of TLA more entertaining and diverse individually and as a team. Bolin can only carry them so far. Given the increase in age, just feels like overall a bit more...drama-centric.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Is it watchable in any other country than USA on debut yet? Then I'm still pirating it. Not waiting 6 weeks for an episode that's on the Internet.

Edit: disregard my grumpy comment. Canadians finally got the rights from nickelodeon ahead of time instead of a month after the season finished :D

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Why are you initiating physical contact with another woman?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Honestly, I still hate the romance in this series. I know it's two episodes into Season 2, but it's been some months and they made Mako and Korra just look awkward.

Also, is it just me, or does Korra look a bit skinnier/toned down? I'm gonna have to compare pics of her from Season 1 to now.

Story line is looking to be interesting. I really hope they don't make the other benders irrelevant though, given how there seems to be only one way of fighting these spirit monsters.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Esca is great.

I'm kind of over the whole "good guy who turns out to be bad" thing, though.
hopefully there's more to this story than that.

first episodes were good overall. I'm hyped for more.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm sure it's not gonna be as simple as good guy turns out to be bad. More of a conflict of interests. Like politics.
This is what I gathered from Unalaq. I hate to bring actual politics into this, but it seems a tad reminiscent of the US getting into the Middle East, bringing democracy and stuff like that.

Oh snap. Interesting stuff so far.

I really hope the spirits are more than just mindless, amorphous beasts.

Smooth Criminal
I get the feeling that they're acting like that because of the so called imbalance.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
This is what I gathered from Unalaq. I hate to bring actual politics into this, but it seems a tad reminiscent of the US getting into the Middle East, bringing democracy and stuff like that.
It's two entirely different scenarios, Kuma. This isn't the movie Avatar where everything is a thinly-veiled attack or satire on American foreign policy. If anything, I'm likening this to the stuff that you see in most fantasy stories where a dude with some mysterious power or affiliations (in this case, Unalaq) is doing all of the wrong things to get people to see his point of view.

I get the feeling that they're acting like that because of the so called imbalance.
Possibly. I'm just hoping for more spirits with personality outside of Wan Shi Tong.

Smooth Criminal

theeboredone

Smash Legend
This is a 13 episode season right? 2 down, and they will dedicated 2 to the First Avatar I believe. So that leaves us with 9 episodes for this season. Something tells me this "arc" is going to expand beyond one season.

Top Bottom