• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The later part of this Nate Talks makes me very worried about fighting games in general.

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FB4z97g420

Maybe about 18 minutes in, but this guy pretty much once again comes out with another talk that while unrelated to Smash, may seem to make others worry about fighting games in the future nowadays....

Nutshell: Fighting game developers are just taking very ****ty routes to meet fan demand; no surprise here if Masahiro Sakurai won't listen to anyone at all. (Nate despite this obvious argument is still interesting to listen to regardless since there's more to the discussion than expected.)

Also, at the beginning of the vid he perfectly somewhat described how I used to be (about scrubs and how people don't learn **** properly in a fighting game); but honestly I was just flailing about wasting my energy on dumb crap that I could've moved on from (I suppose I should actually get rid of my Smash 4 3DS for good once Smash Switch is coming out).

P.S. Shame that while Under Night In-Birth is such a great game, no one is going to play it because they all care about MAHVEL BAYBEE; WHEN'S MAI STREET FIGHTER CAPCOM ANIMU SUCKS, as well as the fact that the size of the US makes those games have too niche of a scene; Japan still has arcades with up-to-date arcade cabinets and scenes alike, AND it's much easier to travel around from place to place for any scene you'd like. Online is godly too because games from there aren't made with the size of the US in mind lol

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Seems like an interesting watch i will probably take a look at later. I am actually looking forward to getting Under Night probably during steam summer sales. I really enjoyed Melty Blood and Arc system works games in general and it is a shame they are not more popular than they actually are.

Top Bottom