• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If a new DK series is actually occurring (which would be a leap for a company that's resisted doing that with most of the their shows in the last 25 plus years) then I think Dixie would have to be a big part of it unless they deliberately focused on DK/Diddy + original characters. Even getting beyond her prominence in stuff like Tropical Freeze or enduring legacy among fans, to be perfectly frank she's pretty much the only female Kong in the cast to fit as a consistent main character. Candy is far less relevant than she is these days, and Dixie would require much less of an outright re-design to better fit current sensibilities than the former.
I think one of the reasons they'd want to revive the DK franchise to full glory is the popular cast of characters. Can't get rid of Dixie , much less any other Kong present in Tropical Freeze, Rambi and now also the Kremlings and especially K.Rool. There's no way. Since EAD is supposedly making this game, I could see them adding the evil Kongs from Jungle Beat back, maybe some enemy drones from there. Maybe even the animal buddies, but I doubt that since the cameos of so many Kong and animal buddy characters in Mario Odyssey.

They can't get rid of this cast of characters no more. That's one thing am sure of. The first game made by them might only feature DK and Diddy as playable, but am sure most of the beloved cast will be used, one way or another.

Last edited:

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Just a thought; if Dixie was in the next Donkey Kong game, or in a Smash game, maybe they could put a symbol on her hat like how she had the Rareware symbol from the Rareware Donkey Kong games, depending on who is developing the game? For example, her hat would have an S in the form of the first letter of Sora, the company which Sakurai is head of that develops Smash games, alongside Namco Bandai in Ultimate's case, but we'll just focus on Sora here.

Last edited:

SeashoreWar

Smash Journeyman
Woah, excellent! I really like the changes to the Banana Fairy Queen. And Manky also looks a little less ugly than his official design, while still looking a little shady. I think you took him to the dentist. He looks good!

Adding that little bush character from DKCR is an interesting choice too.

Let me post it on Monday to start off the week.
Thanks! Well the top of Manky's head is bald now compared to whatever was going on with him in DKC. If that counts for anything lol.

Justin Little

Smash Ace
I don't trust Zippo, but I hope the push for DK to become a multimedia juggernaut is true. Even if it isn't my thing, having a younger generation experience this series through different means is very important to the stability of the franchise. Of course, it needs to be successful first, but I think Nintendo can pull it off no problem.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
If we do have a secret final fighter, then I see three likely options (and also, I don't use the word likely that frequently, and for it, I have been more accurate than most).

1- Balloon Fighter, in honor of Iwata.
2- An echo, likely of the final fighter.
3- Dixie Kong, another character who missed the mark in the past, and would be (one of the only remaining/any) Nintendo All Star for the end of the roster...and who would also be able to easily reuse former assets.

Last edited:

Gobliiin

Smash Apprentice
I think there's just "one more thing" still to put the icing on the top of the Ultimate cake for sure.

Dixie's Mii hat still bothers me a lot. Its a lot of effort to go to especially after the K. Rool Mii outfit when you can actually use a lot of Diddy's body work to essentially make a full character.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I think there's just "one more thing" still to put the icing on the top of the Ultimate cake for sure.

Dixie's Mii hat still bothers me a lot. Its a lot of effort to go to especially after the K. Rool Mii outfit when you can actually use a lot of Diddy's body work to essentially make a full character.
I'm not even sure if her hat is in the game...
but you're saying, that they made her hat and that's too much work if she isn't going to be a character (plus the Diddy stuff)?

Gobliiin

Smash Apprentice
but you're saying, that they made her hat and that's too much work if she isn't going to be a character (plus the Diddy stuff)?
Its just weird with her history with Smash after nearly being included in Brawl. It seems like too much detail to not give her a full costume but clearly they didn't go any further for whatever reason and it just looks out of place. Especially not making at least a "body" to go with it.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Its just weird with her history with Smash after nearly being included in Brawl. It seems like too much detail to not give her a full costume but clearly they didn't go any further for whatever reason and it just looks out of place. Especially not making at least a "body" to go with it.
Oh- yes, I agree. I actually think Dixie stands a pretty solid shot.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Like with Impa, and Bandana Dee, I see Dixie as a logical addition for a next Smash after Ultimate. But am not expecting her this time around. The Mii hat is awfully detailed yes. And I guess we're just unlucky that there aren't many semi clone newcomers at all. If this game took the Brawl approach, or Smash 4 approach, things would probably be different. But no use thinking like that. Reality is what it is.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Some new additions to Donkey Kong Racing!

We have Mimic, T.T., Koin, Mumbo Jumbo, Manky Kong, Krook, Banana Fairy Queen and Mole Miner Max.

I made Manky's fur red to differentiate him from Lanky. BFQ had the most changes though. Her design is more in line with Peach, Pauline, etc. She has a new banana dress, new crown, new everything. Not too many drastic changes for anyone else.

Now onto the last group!
Really good work, Seashore! Didn't expect Max to show up lol
Hello. Would you all please see about adding me as a supporter.

I really want to see Dixie get into Smash and think she would be an awesome addition.

And I just hope she gets included as a playable fighter if Sakurai and his crew make a port of Ultimate that gives you more characters.
Welcome to the Barrel! You're now the newest Support Buddy, hope you find this thread and this site to your liking. Check out the OP for a bunch of fan content; it's a long read, so feel free to take your time!

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
The Wrinkly Never Died movement took us down....they won. THEY WON!!!

Actually, it's just a technical problem associated with the phone # with the account; it belongs to Sabertooth (remember, he started the Dixie for Smash Twitter). Since I don't have the phone, I could not confirm I wasn't a robot and thus Twitter restricted the account.

Sabertooth already messaged me and will get to it. It'll be fixed soon! BTW, thanks to BirthNote for helping on that front.

Last edited:

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
Hi there! It's a been a while since I've posted here. I'm glad to see that this thread is still pretty easy going in spite of recent events regarding dlc and the unknown future for Dkc in general.

Cant remember the rules for linking etc but there is a Hurt and Heal again on GameFAQ's Ultimate board. Dixie is in there obviously just a bit of fun but I'll be throwing my support for her on there.
That reminds me of this poll on Gamefaqs she's listed on. While the chance of her being the last character is probably unlikely, there's still some people who would be excited to see her become the chosen final on there. She's currently in second place which is quite delightful!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Hi there! It's a been a while since I've posted here. I'm glad to see that this thread is still pretty easy going in spite of recent events regarding dlc and the unknown future for Dkc in general.

That reminds me of this poll on Gamefaqs she's listed on. While the chance of her being the last character is probably unlikely, there's still some people who would be excited to see her become the chosen final on there. She's currently in second place which is quite delightful!
To be fair, that list of characters is both small, and extremely odd- I honestly cannot say I even know about a few of the characters listed- Razputin, Kunio-Kun... and then others are just exceptionally niche (often Indie) 3rd party characters- Wonder Red, Ichiban, Travis. In fact, it only has two first party characters, and one of them is Saki.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
To be fair, that list of characters is both small, and extremely odd- I honestly cannot say I even know about a few of the characters listed- Razputin, Kunio-Kun... and then others are just exceptionally niche (often Indie) 3rd party characters- Wonder Red, Ichiban, Travis. In fact, it only has two first party characters, and one of them is Saki.
It's the thought that counts imo.

Gobliiin

Smash Apprentice
The list was collated by the topic creator from the most wanted characters of the board that appeared over the past couple of months in topic titles. I guess to make it specific and more interesting to the people actually posting there. A lot of characters haven't received any or many votes even on that short list.

In the opening post there is the result from their original topic back in 2018 before we had any information on Smash. It was far bigger with 124 characters in. I guess seeing how its potentially for one character that could be a lot sooner they wanted it to be much quicker than before. Its interesting to look back on those results knowing what we do now. I enjoy that Dixie came 12th and K. Rool 14th!

Last edited:

Justin Little

Smash Ace
Happy Birthday Donkey Kong! Nintendo might only care about celebrating Super Monkey Ball's anniversary at the moment, but the fans have certainly not forgotten about the OG primate. If it wasn't for DK, gaming as we know it wouldn't be the same. We probably wouldn't have Zelda, Super Mario, Metroid, or even Nintendo as we know them (would probably be off making more love hotels and hanafuda cards) if it wasn't for the major success of the arcade release. It was the game that taught everyone that perseverance through hardship can reach you to the top!

It's not too often that we get DKC fan games like this, but looks great.
I've been playing this since I saw it posted on here and it's been really great so far. The level design is fun and varied, has the right kind of balance in difficulty, has a nice little world map, backgrounds tell a story, and you can even have DK roll on his friends (DK: Now you know how it feels, Diddy and Dixie!)

It isn't without some jank, however. For instance, I tagged in DK but he was off the platform I was on and I fell to my doom. The audio is out of sync in the beginning. The frame rate dips in some areas. There's a level where you hop on a barrel through brambles and it took me a bit to find a sweet spot on the barrel to land on without getting hurt. And sometimes it will take you out of the game for a sec to load up a world you were entering.

Despite those problems, you can tell there was a lot of love put into it. Hope to play it more soon.

I was working on a project of my own to celebrate the occasion, but my Surface Pro's screen keeps shaking when it overheats. I hope to finish it by today if it all goes well, but I might be late on it if it continues to be a Donkey's butt. Wish me luck! 👍

Top Bottom