• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

DeniroSerafim

Smash Apprentice
Go right ahead! I recently read up on the game after Deniro posted that vid. Apparently, it's created by newgrounds alumni (Castle Crashers etc) and has references to a bunch of stuff from that site's history and their animators like Egoraptor and OneyNG etc, etc. Recently, they opened the game up to modding and people have jumped all over it with their own spinoffs. Really cool stuff, but I think my favorite track from FNF is Roses. God that beat is dope:
The B-Side remix takes it to a whole nother level and I'm ecstatic to have both stuck in my head lol. I'd be really happy if you posted the art on the twitter page, and speaking of which, once again congrats to you and @Sabertooth for getting 1,000 followers! Seriously, you both have taken it to a level I'd never reach and I'm really happy to see it happen. I might make more but no promises atm lol.

Also Snowbound, how come you didn't tell us about the YouTube page?! I bumped into it by accident and I subscribed earlier this week lol.
SilvaGunner put out a follow up video that reverses what was done last time, now using the DKC2 sound font to recreate FNF music.
I'm really glad you've taken a liking to FNF, I definitely recommend playing it on Newgrounds for anyone that hasn't given it a shot! Also, we NEED to find a way to mod your designs into the game, gonna have to look into that process when I get the chance.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Ok I put InASnowBoundLand InASnowBoundLand 's stage concepts in the OP as well as linked to the YouTube page. The latter will be easy to find.
SilvaGunner put out a follow up video that reverses what was done last time, now using the DKC2 sound font to recreate FNF music.
I'm really glad you've taken a liking to FNF, I definitely recommend playing it on Newgrounds for anyone that hasn't given it a shot! Also, we NEED to find a way to mod your designs into the game, gonna have to look into that process when I get the chance.
So glad you posted that! It popped up in my feed the day it was uploaded and I was gonna share it, along with this new 80s style remix:
The thumbnail may violate TOS so I hesitate to embed it. I assure everyone though that the track is good lol.

So quick question to everyone, I'm thinking about overhauling the OP and getting rid of some things. The movesets, stage concepts and personal stories are definitely staying, but I wanna ask what would y'all be ok with losing? It gets harder to add to the OP since it lags more and more. Any suggestions?

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
So no feedback on the OP? Nobody finds it bloated?
I mean I didn't notice anything particularly too excessive. A lot of text to best describe her, some solid pictures/artwork, and the really bulky stuff is under spoilers so its not like it takes up all that much space when initially opened. The only thing that comes to mind for adding is maybe mockup of sorts of how Dixie might look in a Smash fight, like a 4 on 4 eight player Smash screenshot with her, Diddy, DK, & K Rool vs. Princess Peach, Luigi, Mario, Bowser. Just something to really strongly visualize how cool it would be to see in Ultimate proper. Just an idea.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
The things that are probably making it lag the most are any pictures or videos, right?

The stage concepts I made for example, I would just link to them instead of embedding them since I think Youtube Vid embeds can make things really laggy.
Ok. To be fair it was lagging before I embedded your vids but I'll link to them. I wanted fan content like yours, Delzethin's and GAINAX's vids playing on the site as a Thank You for making the thread extra cozy, but the slowdown makes it best to simply link to them instead. Long as you guys are cool with it, it shall be done in a few hours. Thanks for LMK!

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Here is something for you all.

This summoning circle worked once before, now let us happen upon it again for a new DKC game at E3 and Dixie in Smash!

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Oh boy. I don't want to sound intolerant, but, well, at least I'm mentally prepared it going that route now. It won't hurt as much if it's true.

And maybe to remain open-minded, I suppose it could be cool. That description is vague and could be hiding something cool. Don't want to dismiss anything outright, especially not having seen anything. But honestly, I'm hoping it's not that. We don't have any reason to believe it anyway. But damn, I think if that's a troll, it definitely hit all my DK weakpoints.

Last edited:

Laniv

Smash Lord
Had another Smash-related dream last night. I dreamt that Dixie Kong was announced, and one of her moves was the Gumball Popgun from Tropical Freeze. However, her popguns had the same design that they almost used for Diddy's in DK64:

1623174542116.png

Other than that oddity, her moveset was fairly unique, with Sakurai stating that she "moved through the air with grace befitting a ballerina", and she could perform midair grabs with her hair.

The other character announced was Resetti, for what it's worth.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Had another Smash-related dream last night. I dreamt that Dixie Kong was announced, and one of her moves was the Gumball Popgun from Tropical Freeze. However, her popguns had the same design that they almost used for Diddy's in DK64:

View attachment 318287

Other than that oddity, her moveset was fairly unique, with Sakurai stating that she "moved through the air with grace befitting a ballerina", and she could perform midair grabs with her hair.

The other character announced was Resetti, for what it's worth.
A midair command grab or something would be cool, like Bowser's. She definitely has unique moveset potential. I hope Nintendo some day gives her a chance, if not for Ultimate, for any future iteration.

Top Bottom