• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

R O F L

Smash Ace
Hey! I'd thought It'd be good to share this. It's a fantastic almost-hour of arranged DKC2 music by Youtube artist, Ben Zimmerman.
If you love orchestrated arrangements and like the DKC2 soundtrack, and it's almost impossible not to, then you should definitely take a listen!

Also, I haven't been here in ages. How are Dixie's current DLC chances looking?

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Just wanna thank you guys for liking my idea of a game with K. Rool as the protagonist.^-^

If Donkey Kong and his friends with K. Rool teamed up, I can picture this happening:
"Donkey Kong... I know we were adversaries in the past, but just this once we are allies. Let's give them what this world can do!"

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Just wanna thank you guys for liking my idea of a game with K. Rool as the protagonist.^-^

If Donkey Kong and his friends with K. Rool teamed up, I can picture this happening:
"Donkey Kong... I know we were adversaries in the past, but just this once we are allies. Let's give them what this world can do!"
While I didn't see your original idea, I always like the idea of old adversaries teaming up. That's actually one of the things I found most humorous about Banjo & Kazooie's release trailer was K.Rool and the kongs hanging out, haha.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Still not behind the idea of K.Rool teaming up with the Kongs. Maybe in a game down the road. But as the next DK game? No. K.Rool needs to reestablish himself as the main series villain never to leave his home series ever again. Tired of dealing with one-off villains been dealing with it since 2005. 16 years (assuming a new DK game comes in 2021) is a long enough wait. Bowser, Ganon/dorf, and Ridley never went on as long hiatus why should K.Rool when I'd argue K.Rool has more personality, charm, and charisma then the other 3 combined.

BZocky

Smash Ace
Last edited:

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
It has been a while since DK saw a new release (not counting Tropical Freeze on Switch), so hopefully this means good things! I always really enjoyed the Donkey Kong Country entries, hopefully they stick to that format if a new game is in sight. (Though I also really loved Diddy Kong Racing so if they want to make a new Donkey Kong Racing game, I'm good with that too!) Though the trademark was for DKC, right? Either way, exciting news, hope it pans out soon!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It has been a while since DK saw a new release (not counting Tropical Freeze on Switch), so hopefully this means good things! I always really enjoyed the Donkey Kong Country entries, hopefully they stick to that format if a new game is in sight. (Though I also really loved Diddy Kong Racing so if they want to make a new Donkey Kong Racing game, I'm good with that too!) Though the trademark was for DKC, right? Either way, exciting news, hope it pans out soon!
It's too bad Nintendo can't use Taj and the rest of the Diddy Kong Racing cast for the sequel because of being owned by Microsoft. Though they do own Krunch though. Maybe Microsoft and Rare will be kind and let Nintendo reuse the characters for the potential sequel.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
I'm cautiously excited for the DK news, but I'm withholding a lot of anticipation until there's an actual showcase of games. Yes, we could be talking about big titles on Switch, but it could also be a Nintendo mobile version of King of Swing or a re-releases of the Mario vs DK titles.

And hey both would be nice to see, but the real draw of Donkey Kong is mainline media like another Country game or another attempt at 3D title. The aughts era of the franchise was certainly productive with releases but not exactly fruitful in terms of AAA games with depth.

Last edited:

Justin Little

Smash Ace
This is significant when you consider that not only are these NEW trademarks rather than the traditional renewal, but most of these are for recent announcements: Bowser's Fury, Mario Kart, Game and Watch. Donkey Kong Country is also called Super Donkey Kong in Japan.

Something tells me we might see an announcement pretty soon.

Laniv

Smash Lord
Yet more good news: Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest is coming to Nintendo Switch Online!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
With Retro busy on Prime 4, I'm quite curious to see what devs will handle a new DK game, specifically.
On a side note, the 23rd is conveniently set shortly before the 25th, which is when the :ultjoker: and :ulthero: amiibo launch in Japan, so I figure that the 24th is when we'll finally hear Smash news again.

Last edited:

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
AW YEAH DKC2 BABEY!!!

This is especially exciting for me since I just recently ordered a SNES controller adapter that can work on Switch, so I'll be able to play this with a legit SNES controller (something I haven't done since I was a kid).

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
There's just too much jank, gameplay-wise and aesthetically. Even if we imagine a better playing DK64, the worlds are mostly kind of boring or weird in a bad way IMO.

I'd just prefer a 3D DK game that was all new and took more inspiration from the DKC games. DK64 Kongs can appear, sure, but DK64 itself, I don't really think it's worth the effort.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
There's just too much jank, gameplay-wise and aesthetically. Even if we imagine a better playing DK64, the worlds are mostly kind of boring or weird in a bad way IMO.

I'd just prefer a 3D DK game that was all new and took more inspiration from the DKC games. DK64 Kongs can appear, sure, but DK64 itself, I don't really think it's worth the effort.
A DK64 sequel with smaller worlds but with more worlds I think would be a huge first step upon approving from the original DK64. They could make the DK64 sequel have the amount of levels the SMG games have with a similar size as well.

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
Came back to celebrate the arrival of my favorite game of all time on Switch. Can't wait to see people praising David Wise soundtrack and complaining that the game is too hard so I can go full Cranky mode on them.

A DK64 sequel with smaller worlds but with more worlds I think would be a huge first step upon approving from the original DK64. They could make the DK64 sequel have the amount of levels the SMG games have with a similar size as well.
100% agree, DK64 needs a sequel, not a remake. Too many of its faults are related to its core design (And no, switching characters on the go doesn't fix all of them magically) and I'm sure a sequel refining everything would have made the "collectathon" genre much more appealing after DK64 gave it a bad rep.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
This is excellent news! When DKC2 releases, we gotta highlight the differences between Diddy and Dixie! The idles, running animations and speeds, the twirl, attacks, victories AND the grabs. One's using his hands, the other's using her hair. We gotta hammer in how distinct Rare made these two despite debuting 25 years ago, especially when it was much easier to just recolor the lead character and call it a day.

Top Bottom