• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
There is something relatively more "generic" about Diddy in Smash than DK or especially K. Rool.
I don't know about that as Diddy is sparking as much personality as DK and K. Rool. Hell, I would go as far to say he is much more colorful as a character than DK as he likes to jam on the stereo box and guitar. Plus he has a jetpack equipped with two peanut guns.

Diddy is a pretty cool dude man as Funky from the cartoon would say.

But about Smash? Nah, Diddy has a unique moveset that stands out. There are a ton of other characters who seem more generic than Diddy in the roster by comparison.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Since we're on the subject of Diddy, I wanna show y'all something I just whipped up.

A..backup powerup for Diddy! I gave him a mod of Mario's F.L.U.D.D. from Sunshine + some gear from Splatoon originally, but for a strictly Mario-series powerup Diddy grabs the Fire Flower! His tail ends in flames and he's able to toss red fire. Given his juggling skills, this is quite alarming.

And there you have it. I made his arms Lankier than usual to emphasize the juggling but I hope everyone likes it. And whenever the time is right, feel free to put it on twitter.

EDIT: Here's a direct link too:

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I know we don't like DK64 and all, but I don't see what's the issue drawing from it, especially since the rocketbarret and peanut popgun were some of its better ideas and give Diddy an easy recovery/neutral special to work with in Smash, and they've even been incorporated into the Retro games.

DX_E

Smash Apprentice
I've grown to like Diddy's move set and think it suits him really well. I'd rather DK's move set get upgraded... but he's so fun to play as he is. Diddy's animations need tweaking a bit but overall he's great. Bring the boom box and shades back for his victory and let him juggle!

I don't think I've ever seen it mentioned but is Diddy's F-Smash referencing Dixie's twirling attack from DKC2? They feel similar.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Since we're on the subject of Diddy, I wanna show y'all something I just whipped up.

A..backup powerup for Diddy! I gave him a mod of Mario's F.L.U.D.D. from Sunshine + some gear from Splatoon originally, but for a strictly Mario-series powerup Diddy grabs the Fire Flower! His tail ends in flames and he's able to toss red fire. Given his juggling skills, this is quite alarming.

And there you have it. I made his arms Lankier than usual to emphasize the juggling but I hope everyone likes it. And whenever the time is right, feel free to put it on twitter.

EDIT: Here's a direct link too:
Yooooo this looks amazing! You retain the cutesy look from the Kong designs after the Rare days, but made Diddy look all muscular, so people know it's straight business over here! Nintendo should use your designs!

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Yooooo this looks amazing! You retain the cutesy look from the Kong designs after the Rare days, but made Diddy look all muscular, so people know it's straight business over here! Nintendo should use your designs!
Thanks man! Throwing barrels and swinging on vines are paying off for the Kongs!

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I know we don't like DK64 and all, but I don't see what's the issue drawing from it, especially since the rocketbarret and peanut popgun were some of its better ideas and give Diddy an easy recovery/neutral special to work with in Smash, and they've even been incorporated into the Retro games.
I want the Chimpy Charge and Orange Grenades to be incorporated. I'm fine with the grenades taking his Down B but I don't wanna lose Monkey Flip. It's too good

DX_E

Smash Apprentice
I think the orange grenades would have made a great item. I remember when Diddy was first introduced and I was imaging how he would play. Always thought his down B would have been the Chimpy Charge but I'm fine with it being the banana peel now. The banana is the main DK collectible and drives the story in DKC and DKCR, so it makes sence.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Not gonna lie, a Donkey Kong Country game where K. Rool is the protagonist would be pretty cool!
I made a pretend box art here:
36cavh (1).jpg

I picture him and his Kremlings about to steal the banana hoard only to find that it's not there, he opens to door to DK's house but is surprised about his arch-nemesis and Diddy Kong not here, the king goes around the entire island trying to find the Kongs but to no avail, suddenly he hears some evil laughter as he turns around seeing a large battleship with a new villain who's holding Donkey Kong and his friends hostage as they cry out for help. K. Rool mange to land on the villian's ship as he tries to fight off this evil antagonist, but unfortunately he gets blasted away and goes flying as this new baddie arrives at DK Island and turns it into his own base/fortress. Meanwhile elsewhere far away... K. Rool survived the crash landing as he finds himself in a new unfamiliar location as he realised what happened back there, K. Rool thinks about being the hero as he agrees with it, and so the Kremling King goes off on a journey to save the Kongs and the island as well.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Not gonna lie, a Donkey Kong Country game where K. Rool is the protagonist would be pretty cool!

I picture him and his Kremlings about to steal the banana hoard only to find that it's not there, he opens to door to DK's house but is surprised about his arch-nemesis and Diddy Kong not here, the king goes around the entire island trying to find the Kongs but to no avail, suddenly he hears some evil laughter as he turns around seeing a large battleship with a new villain who's holding Donkey Kong and his friends hostage as they cry out for help. K. Rool mange to land on the villian's ship as he tries to fight off this evil antagonist, but unfortunately he gets blasted away and goes flying as this new baddie arrives at DK Island and turns it into his own base/fortress. Meanwhile elsewhere far away... K. Rool survived the crash landing as he finds himself in a new unfamiliar location as he realised what happened back there, K. Rool thinks about being the hero as he agrees with it, and so the Kremling King goes off on a journey to save the Kongs and the island as well.
King K. Rool be all like "Donkey Kong is my arch-nemesis and only. No one else but me faces him daily!"

The real reason he goes to save Donkey Kong. :p

I'd buy this though. An adventure game about King K. Rool? Sign me up!

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
King K. Rool be all like "Donkey Kong is my arch-nemesis and only. No one else but me faces him daily!"

The real reason he goes to save Donkey Kong. :p

I'd buy this though. An adventure game about King K. Rool? Sign me up!
Same, I would have it be like Jungle Beat and Wario World mashed together.
(Picture running around as a fat crocodile beating up everything.)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
View attachment 285065
Maybe Krunch from Diddy Kong Racing could tag along with K. Rool to save his old pal Diddy.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Yup! That would be pretty cool.

(I picture K. Rool's moveset having some of his attacks from Smash as well using the Blunderbuss, Boxing Gloves as well his Helicopter Pack.)
As cool as it would be to have his old gear or personas in the next DKC game back when K. Rool returns, I whether they don't do that. I want to see K. Rool with a new persona next time we aee him.

I have no idea what happened there with the multiple double posts.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
King K.Rool should return as a proper arch enemy of Donkey Kong in his revival role. I take nothing less. He also definitely should be his Kingly self. Whatever else they do with him afterwards, I don't care. Bring him back as he is first.
I just hope Nintendo doesn't play it too safe with K. Rool as I'm afraid they might not try to even come near to attempt Rare's creativity on the character.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
They can keep the king persona as the main identity, but for 2 other worlds he disguises himself as something else and have his minions of those worlds fully commit to the aesthetic. Let's say there's 8 worlds and he's the boss of 3. Final boss is King K. Rool, but in one world you fight Roman Emperor K. Roolius Caesar and in another you fight Vampire Lord Drakroola. K. Roolius has gladiators and imperial soldiers from that ancient era, and Drakroola is basically an affectionate parody of Castlevania with all kinds of monsters both crocodilian, reptilian and otherwise like werewolves.

Just spit-balling as usual.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
They can keep the king persona as the main identity, but for 2 other worlds he disguises himself as something else and have his minions of those worlds fully commit to the aesthetic. Let's say there's 8 worlds and he's the boss of 3. Final boss is King K. Rool, but in one world you fight Roman Emperor K. Roolius Caesar and in another you fight Vampire Lord Drakroola. K. Roolius has gladiators and imperial soldiers from that ancient era, and Drakroola is basically an affectionate parody of Castlevania with all kinds of monsters both crocodilian, reptilian and otherwise like werewolves.

Maybe have Roman K. Rool riding on a chariot pulled by a large monstrous lion?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

That would be a interesting conspect to have K. Rool and his minions to pull off a persona for each world. Here are some of my ideas:

K. Roolzuma (Aztec emperor)
K. Roolmesses (Egyptian Pharaoh)
K. Roolgawa (Japanese Shogun)
K. Roolkhan (Mongol emperor)

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Would you look at that?

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
That would be a interesting conspect to have K. Rool and his minions to pull off a persona for each world. Here are some of my ideas:

K. Roolzuma (Aztec emperor)
K. Roolmesses (Egyptian Pharaoh)
K. Roolgawa (Japanese Shogun)
K. Roolkhan (Mongol emperor)
Ah I like these! Especially the Aztec and Mongol versions. We'd finally get a name to go with his Egyptian outfit too.

Personally I wouldn't make him the boss of every world, that way we can come up with new fan favorite bosses but fighting K. Rool more than once would be great. These are fun ideas though.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Ah I like these! Especially the Aztec and Mongol versions. We'd finally get a name to go with his Egyptian outfit too.

Personally I wouldn't make him the boss of every world, that way we can come up with new fan favorite bosses but fighting K. Rool more than once would be great. These are fun ideas though.
I picture the Aztec world having Quetzalcoatl, the big flying snake as a boss.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I always pictured a return to the destroyed Crocodile Isle, at least for a boss fight.

And having a phantom composed of all the dead Crocodile Isle residents. Something Dark Souls inspired. Perhaps it looks like "one" entity, like a Kremling ghost with 3 heads, but it's body is composed of thousands of other creatures.

Basically a ghost version of a Flesh Golem.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Honestly I've kind of wanted to see military officer K Rool ( the Korporal?), as part of a pseudo war theme of the Kongs gradually fighting past all of his armed forces (submarines, tanks, airplanes) before battling him in some Kremling Army Stronghold.

Incidentally having played some recent hours of Shovel Knight,, I've been thinking to myself about if some Kong specific levels could work for future games. While the level design being fit for all playable characters is brilliant, i'd be lying if I said wasn't slightly curious to see a few tailor made for Donkey, DIddy, Dixie, etc. Would be an interest novelty for a series that's never really done that in 2D titles.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I'm still rooting for K. Pop. A K-Pop/J-Pop/Music star inspired K. Rool persona. But more than a persona, a disguise. Even if it's very thin. A reason for a persona.

After so many failures, K. Rool is a toxic name now among Kremlings. They think him long gone and most are glad about it. But K. Pop? He's new, he's here. And you, your mom, your mom's mom, you've all got K. Pop on your Kremp3 player. K. Pop is down with the kidz. He wears half a pair of sunglasses to cover up his red eye. He has "cool hair". And with his henchperson music producers, he is producing hit after hit like "Kongs Gotta Die" and "Donkey Kong is Donkey Wrong". He has a secret plot he's using his music career and his new fans to carry out.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Here's a K. Rool persona I came up with:
Krikey Oz. Rool
It is K. Rool himself dressed up in Australian clothing and wears a cork hat with his crown on top, he wields two boomerangs to attack with as well having a large monstrous crocodile to mount on. (The croc he rides could resemble the movie version of Lizzie from Rampage.)

Cause I'm an Ozzie, mate!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Would you look at that?

This is huge!! Above even the likes of GTA, Pokémon and Zelda?

Should I be upset for the lack of content over the years , or should I be optimistic?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I picture the Aztec world having Quetzalcoatl, the big flying snake as a boss.
That would be awesome! I love Aztec culture and all ancient Mesoamerican culture in general as it's pretty much a part of my roots. I'm half Mexican and I took a DNA test and I found out I was 15% Native American to Northern Mexico/Southern Texas.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I'm still rooting for K. Pop. A K-Pop/J-Pop/Music star inspired K. Rool persona. But more than a persona, a disguise. Even if it's very thin. A reason for a persona.

After so many failures, K. Rool is a toxic name now among Kremlings. They think him long gone and most are glad about it. But K. Pop? He's new, he's here. And you, your mom, your mom's mom, you've all got K. Pop on your Kremp3 player. K. Pop is down with the kidz. He wears half a pair of sunglasses to cover up his red eye. He has "cool hair". And with his henchperson music producers, he is producing hit after hit like "Kongs Gotta Die" and "Donkey Kong is Donkey Wrong". He has a secret plot he's using his music career and his new fans to carry out.
...KremP3 player...? LMAO well played!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
So uh.... no Dixie (or Shantae) in this Spirit Event.

I wouldn't read too much into it. They had a spirit event focusing on spirits with tails, but Tails from Sonic somehow wasn't one of them. Plus, none of the spirits have ponytails, so I assume they're going for a particular hairstyle.

Top Bottom