• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
Even if it's just the original trilogy coming to the Switch Virtual console, I'll take anything at this point.

Also, here's an incredible remix of Mining Melancholy to pass the time!
funnily enough, I was actually listening to a different Michelle Heafy cover while browsing this thread. Her DKC covers are excellent!!

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
You know, if they ever do a K. Rool style reveal for Dixie, they should replace the montage of villains beforehand with a montage of heroines. They could even reuse that the same way the villain thing was reused for Banjo and add Dixie to the end of the montage for a character like Krystal or Chun-Li (first female representative of that series and the main heroine).

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
You know, if they ever do a K. Rool style reveal for Dixie, they should replace the montage of villains beforehand with a montage of heroines. They could even reuse that the same way the villain thing was reused for Banjo and add Dixie to the end of the montage for a character like Krystal or Chun-Li (first female representative of that series and the main heroine).
Or have a mixture of both so instead of having Mario vs. Bowser have

Peach, Daisy, and Rosalina vs. Bowser/Jr.
Krystal vs. Wolf (assuming this is Smash 5 and Krystal somehow makes it in before Dixie)
Lucina, female corrin, and female Robin all dueling each other.
Zelda and Sheik vs. Ganondorf
Zero Suit Samus vs. Ridley and Dark Samus

Then cut to DK yawning but this time he wakes up tied up in a rope with Diddy behind him (back to back style). The camera pans out and we're aboard the Flying Kroc. Kaptain K.Rool steps out the shadows and DK and Diddy's eyes bulge out in shock. The camera pans out the window and you see a silhouette of Dixie. DK and Diddy look confused then immediately happy and doing the same type of cheering they did when they saw Banjo. Dixie flys through the window breaking the glass. Splash screen with "Dixie swings into action" *Aquaduct Assault starts playing* K.Rool turns around with Blunderbuss in hand aims it at Dixie. Dixie looks at K.Rool with a badass grin on her face (think Wonder Woman in BvS when shes fighting "Doomsday") they charge at each other then gameplay montage happens once thats over we cut back to cinematic where it pans out the Flying croc, screen shaking with comic action sounds in the back. K.Rool comes flying out the croc looking shot for shot from the banjo trailer with K.Rool falling in the swamp below with sharks that attack him. Cut back to the flying croc with Dixie, Diddy, and DK looking down below. DK and Diddy raise Dixie up (rudy style) trailer ends.

Justin Little

Smash Ace
I'm praying with all my strength that we'll get some DK series goodness out of this direct. It's just a darn shame we are consistently in the dark when it comes to this series. Metroid, Mario, Zelda, Kirby, Fire Emblem, Pokemon, Splatoon, Xenoblade, and Animal Crossing all have new games either in development or already released on the Switch, but there hasn't been a peep about DK since TF was ported on the system. The system almost covers most of the big IPs Nintendo has when it comes to new releases with the exception of DKC and maybe Star Fox. Please Direct, don't let me down.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
can't wait until they announce that they're doing a Sonic Mania-style retro sequel for the DKC series where Kiddy Kong finally gets his own game

DX_E

Smash Apprentice
can't wait until they announce that they're doing a Sonic Mania-style retro sequel for the DKC series where Kiddy Kong finally gets his own game
I never knew I wanted this until right now... except it's not centred around Kiddy. Bring him back, sure, but let Diddy, DK and Dixie play too!

ZelDan

Smash Master
Of all the long lost Nintendo characters we haven't seen in ages, I'm pretty sure Kiddy Kong would be very, very low on the list of these characters I'd want to see return.

But yes a new DK game would be great to see. Especially if the Kremlings and K Rool are a part of it.

ze9

Smash Ace
Dixie is going to be Fighter #4. Turns out Vergeben saw a long blonde ponytail and just assumed it was Terry, but anybody who dwells this thread would have known better.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
Fighter's Pass characters tend to be third-party, so if at any point you hear something about Dixie Kong being sold to Koei Tecmo, cross your fingers!

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Similarly to how Banjo's trailer referenced the ending of the first Banjo-Kazooie with Rool taking Gruntilda's place, they should have Dixie's trailer include a reference to the ending of Banjo-Tooie, specifically the scene starting at 2:00.

DK, Diddy, Dixie, and Banjo & Kazooie would stand in a square and kick around K. Rool's crown as a kickball.

Last edited:

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
second fighters pass is real after all! never been happier to be proven wrong

SeashoreWar

Smash Journeyman
Not even that, just confirmation that it won’t be 100% 3rd Party. TBH we don’t even know if it’s a pass, or just individual fighters.
True, but I would rather it be only 1st party. That way it won't be four 3rd parties and one 1st party :laugh: (if it's another pass)

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
True, but I would rather it be only 1st party. That way it won't be four 3rd parties and one 1st party :laugh: (if it's another pass)
Well, it doesn't have to be that way. It could be four 1st Parties and one 3rd Party or three 1st Parties and two 3rd Parties.

Regardless, all I need is Dixie. If it's 5 1st Parties and Dixie somehow isn't included then I'd rather more 3rd Parties.

If I had to choose between Dixie and four 3rd Parties vs five 1st Parties with no Dixie, I'd take the option with Dixie anyday.

Last edited:

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
He said he was hoping to "add more universes" with the future DLC. Dixie's not happening.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
northern kremisphere is a universe

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I thought the direct was extremely underwhelming. The most hype announcement for me was a 2nd fighters pass until...

We get to the end of the Banjo presentation where Sakurai seemed to hint the 2nd pass would be just like the 1st pass and just be 3rd parties. *sigh* They keep raising my hopes only to kick them back down..

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
Yeah, the direct overall was pretty bad but Smash news was great. Homerun Contest is back!

cybersai

Smash Ace
I'm willing to bet Assist trophy characters and Mii outfits (to a lesser extent), won't become playable even in a second season pass.

In Dixie's case we only have a hat and not a full character, so that shouldn't be enough to stop her.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I thought the direct was extremely underwhelming. The most hype announcement for me was a 2nd fighters pass until...

We get to the end of the Banjo presentation where Sakurai seemed to hint the 2nd pass would be just like the 1st pass and just be 3rd parties. *sigh* They keep raising my hopes only to kick them back down..
Keep in mind we don't even know if it's going to be a pass or not.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Keep in mind we don't even know if it's going to be a pass or not.
Yeah it's important to note that the text at the bottom of the screen said something along the lines of "fighters sold separately from the pass" which may or may not confirm that we're getting more characters but not as part of a pass.

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
It's intereting how they didn't mention a new Season pass, ONLY that new characters are on the way. Even though I feel most of the characters will still be third party, there's a chance they might add Dixie Kong along with an announcement for a future DKC game.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
In any case let’s please try to be more vocal now that she actually has a chance. Being silent is how Rool and Banjo are in and not her, and being silent again is how she will be passed over again. That stupid excuse of "there's no point because she's deconfirmed" is over now.

Last edited:

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
In any case let’s please try to be more vocal now that she actually has a chance. Being silent is how Rool and Banjo are in and not her, and being silent again is how she will be passed over again.
Oh right!

Sakurai's comment on how "all the characters have been decided, please leave us alone and stop sending requests" comment was only about the Fighter's Pass!

Okay, we gotta get back on the noise train. Let's be respectful, as usual, but also spread the word on why Dixie Kong would be great to see in Smash.

That said, Takahashi and Sakurai also said they'd reveal more details on the non Fighter's Pass DLC newcomers at a later time. Hopefully we learn once and for all whether or not it's a good look to try loudly spreading the word for Dixie Kong or not.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I started visualizing Dixie Kong while Sakurai was talking. The back to back Banjo and Kazooie and Sans was like injecting the banana juice from DKCR into my brain. Dreams do come true, dreams will come true.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I started visualizing Dixie Kong while Sakurai was talking. The back to back Banjo and Kazooie and Sans was like injecting the banana juice from DKCR into my brain. Dreams do come true, dreams will come true.
The fact that he literally chose DK and Diddy to do the demonstration with also helped.

Also it's hilarious that Sans and Dixie are now on the same ground (along with Rex). Hopefully Dixie won't stay there for long!

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Been a while since I posted on this topic, but with the news of more DLC coming, we still have a chance to triumph with Dixie! Right guys? Who's excited for the new DLC and the possible chance of Dixie being one of them?

R O F L

Smash Ace
I though I'd put this here since it has to do with DKC, and Dixie, to a extent.

I just finished watching the direct. My first words are: No DKC on the SNES NSO = DK HD Trilogy. Prove me wrong.

There's no way they wouldn't include some of the most loved, best selling SNES games especially since they were on the SNES classic and Wii U and 3DS VC (Where they were some of the best-selling VC games, despite being added late.)
Donkey Kong Country, at least the first one, makes more sense being on NSO than Metroid and F-Zero. And they even decided to put in some random SNES games.

So I think it is very likely that they could make a HD remake of the trilogy. They wouldn't want to sell the classics if they were going the make remakes of them.
Especially since the success of K. Rool in Smash and HD remakes also being pretty high in demand.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I though I'd put this here since it has to do with DKC, and Dixie, to a extent.

I just finished watching the direct. My first words are: No DKC on the SNES NSO = DK HD Trilogy. Prove me wrong.

There's no way they wouldn't include some of the most loved, best selling SNES games especially since they were on the SNES classic and Wii U and 3DS VC (Where they were some of the best-selling VC games, despite being added late.)
Donkey Kong Country, at least the first one, makes more sense being on NSO than Metroid and F-Zero. And they even decided to put in some random SNES games.

So I think it is very likely that they could make a HD remake of the trilogy. They wouldn't want to sell the classics if they were going the make remakes of them.
Especially since the success of K. Rool in Smash and HD remakes also being pretty high in demand.
That HD remake better come with Dixie in Smash then.

Top Bottom