• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Poll time!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Welcome to Crocodile Isle > Simian Segue > DK Isle > Northern Kremisphere. But actually they're all great. Northern Kremisphere really sells the quiet mystery of DKC3 despite being less memorable than the other three.

To me it has this personal spot among these tunes for that very reason. I always felt DKC3's original soundtrack really captures it calming, yet curiosity-inducing mystique of the setting it's on. It really makes Northern Kremisphere feel like it could be an actual existing setting in reality as you traverse through it's captivating, yet believable landscapes; kinda like more serene take on Angel Island of Sonic 3.

That's mainly in part due how just much it takes after the biomes we see in northern hemisphere as a whole, like Scandinavia (which where I happen to live - specifically Finland).

Last edited:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
The overworld music contrast is something you don't really appreciate till hindsight:

-Simian Segue is catchy and comfortable, DK and Diddy on their home turf going through familiar settings taking out Kremlings.

-Crocodile Isle is ominous as its the Kongs in enemy territory and the sheer scale of threat they're facing is clear with the drums.

-Northern Kremisphere is both mysterious and almost mythical in feel, with the unknown nature of this land offering neither direct threat nor comfort.

That was one of the few disappointments of Returns and Tropical Freeze in that they simply went with remixes of Simian Segue rather than their own new themes. The former having distinct versions for each world was a nice touch, but I can't help but feel a bit of an opportunity was wasted.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Of the 4, DK Island is my #1 followed by Welcome to Crocodile Isle, then Northern Kremisphere and finally Simian Segue.

DK64's is so inspiring, like I'm appreciating my own kingdom. DKC2's is dramatic which is always a nice change of pace for an overworld; DKC3's is intriguing, like I wanna know what's under the surface of the setting, and DKC's is simple. It's the type of theme that fits an adventure to the supermarket lol

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
I respect Simian Segue for being the only Fischer-composed song to get an arrangement in Tropical Freeze. Don't have a lot of strong opinions of it otherwise, it's a nice pleasant tune.

Welcome to Crocodile Isle is my favorite just because it's one of those songs that makes me remember playing DKC2 as a kid on my grandma's TV, hearing that song through the huge bassy speakers.

Northern Kremisphere is like most DKC3 music; it serves well to enhance the tone of the game moreso than being a particularly enjoyable song to listen to on its own. Not that it's a bad thing. It hits that in-between of the more relaxed DKC1 theme with the uncertainty of the DKC2 theme.

DK Island is so soothing and peaceful, it almost feels like a lullaby. Kirkhope has a knack for hub themes that convey that sort of nostalgia-esque emotion, since Spiral Mountain also has a similar home-y quality to me.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
I like DK Island but given Kirkhope's style and the instrumentation its impossible for me to not associate it more with Banjo Kazooie than Donkey Kong most of the time.

Given David Wise's excellent work with the Diddy Kong Racing soundtrack, it makes me curious what his version of the DK64 OST would have been.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Keep an eye out for them barrels.

Also new gifs available.

Last edited:

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
To me it has this personal spot among these tunes for that very reason. I always felt DKC3's original soundtrack really captures it calming, yet curiosity-inducing mystique of the setting it's on: Northern Kremisphere feels like an actual existing place with it's own past "living" landscapes that I could see existing believably, kinda like more serene take on Angel Island of Sonic 3.

That's mainly in part due how just much it takes after the biomes we see in northern hemisphere as a whole, like Scandinavia (which where I happen to live - specifically Finland).
Someone on DK Vine said something like, "I always got the feeling there was something strange going on in the Northern Kremisphere that had nothing to do with Kaos and the Kremlings" and they're absolutely correct. Mystique is the right word for it.

But speaking of DKC3, gimme five songs from that game that should get remixes when Dixie joins Smash. Here are mine, in no particular order:

• Enchanted Riverbank (SNES)
  • Nuts n' Bolts (SNES)
  • Rocket Run (SNES)
  • Stilt Village (GBA)
  • Cascade Capers/Waterfall (GBA)

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
I've been thinking about YL & the Impossible Lair's approach to changing up levels via elemental/conditional changes (a dry level area flooded, a stable setting now windy) and I'd love to see a Donkey Kong game incorporate that, but with the twist that it's part of the game's theme of Kong's vs. Kremlings. We've seen the home setting of both groups and the neutral setting of the Northern Kremisphere, but we've never seen a DK game where you had both lands right next to each other. With that sort of set-up a big conflict erupts between the two, which is where the stage change concept comes in.

Essentially you'd have the Kongs going through their familiar settings at first areas before getting to Kremling territory. Fairly standard stuff at first, but the twist that DK and company's actions (overworld actions, defeating bosses, etc) would sabotage the latter areas (reducing a K Rool factory stage to a scrapyard one for example) while also having to go back and undo the changes done to DK Island's stages by the other side. You play a charming waterfall level in the first half and then encounter it again as now a rocky cliff thanks to the Kremlings diverting the water away. Maybe even have certain stage elements be affected by certain actions taken in the first version of it.

I think there's something to this mechanic that could really tie into the broader setting if done well enough.

Justin Little

Smash Ace
I would love to see a new DKC incorporate Impossible Lair's world map, but with it's own flair. It was pretty much an evolution to DKC3's world map. Wario Land 3 also had a similar concept in changing the environment, but Lair took that further with an ingenious Zelda-like world map equipped with exploration and fun puzzles. God, I love this game!

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I gotta say, I've been playing Crash 4 lately and it feels like it was inspired by Tropical Freeze. The levels are longer than usual, each stage has a unique soundtrack, many stages have enemies you can only find in that level, and the stages introduce a few specific elements at the start, and blends its level's concepts together as you progress through that particular level. It's also a very difficult game, but even if you use the lives system it's hard to get a game over.

Justin Little

Smash Ace
I thought the same playing through Crash 4, BirthNote. Considering Crash was influenced by the original DKC, wouldn't surprise me if Toys for Bob took inspiration from the modern DKC.

It's probably my favorite Crash game. I do, however, hate collecting those crates. They don't completely ruin the game, but I find them to be more of a pain in the ass than the other Crash games.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I gotta say, I've been playing Crash 4 lately and it feels like it was inspired by Tropical Freeze. The levels are longer than usual, each stage has a unique soundtrack, many stages have enemies you can only find in that level, and the stages introduce a few specific elements at the start, and blends its level's concepts together as you progress through that particular level. It's also a very difficult game, but even if you use the lives system it's hard to get a game over.
I still gotta play "Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time", But I currently only have a Nintendo Switch at the moment so I'm gonna have to probably borrow my brother-in law's PS4 or wait for that eventual Switch port because I won't consider getting a Playstation 5 or Xbox series X until next holiday season at the earliest.

But like mentioned before kind of funny that Crash was influenced by Donkey Kong Country and I wouldn't mind seeing modern DKC take notes from Crash 4 and evolve the Country series based on the small things I have seen from the platforming and especially the personality and sense of humor from the cutscenes.

"Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time" was not only my most anticipated game of the year, But also that Crash Bandicoot is currently my most wanted newcomer.

Last edited:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I thought the same playing through Crash 4, BirthNote. Considering Crash was influenced by the original DKC, wouldn't surprise me if Toys for Bob took inspiration from the modern DKC.

It's probably my favorite Crash game. I do, however, hate collecting those crates. They don't completely ruin the game, but I find them to be more of a pain in the ass than the other Crash games.
Yeah! The first levels of Crash 1 feel like 3D versions of Jungle Hijinxs. I never made the connection until Naughty Dog's creators pointed it out in one of their retrospectives. After that I was like "Of course! It makes so much sense now" lol.

This is my favorite Crash game too; it's really well-made and feels like it's steps above ND's trilogy, but yeah getting all the crates can be pure BS. Last night I was on Bears Repeating N. Verted and I died on the you-know-what section 84 times in Retro Mode. I got the hang of it on the 85th try, but since I was so close to 100 deaths I died 16 more times to see if I could get a trophy from dying so much LMAO. Turns out you don't, but I got all the crates from both versions of that stage and now I can play that level for fun.
I still gotta play "Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time", But I currently only have a Nintendo Switch at the moment so I'm gonna have to probably borrow my brother-in law's PS4 or wait for that eventual Switch port because I won't consider getting a Playstation 5 or Xbox series X until next holiday season at the earliest.

But like mentioned before kind of funny that Crash was influenced by Donkey Kong Country and I wouldn't mind seeing modern DKC take notes from Crash 4 and evolve the Country series based on the small things I have seen from the platforming and especially the personality and sense of humor from the cutscenes.

"Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time" was not only my most anticipated game of the year, But also that Crash Bandicoot is currently my most wanted newcomer.
Yea my friend IRL is in a similar situation. He really liked the N. Sane Trilogy on Switch and wants to wait for the port of Crash 4. He has a PS4 but Switch is his favorite system.

Honestly I would LOVE a feedback loop between Crash, DKC and Yooka-Laylee...maybe even Ori and Rayman too if I'm not pushing my luck lol. If they keep raising the stakes and inspiring each other we will see some of the best platformers of all time. Intricate levels with immaculate detail, stunning visuals, kinetic flow, mindbending action, psychotic difficulty, fascinating twists on completed stages, breathtaking soundtracks, lively characters both playable and not, plus stages that feel so alive you're completely immersed in the game. THAT would be outstanding!

Crash 4 was also one of my most anticipated games this year too. I don't rep him as hard as Dixie Kong, but he's actually my number 1 video game character of all time believe it or not lol. Next up for me is Cyberpunk, but I've avoided all the hype around it so I'm going in 100% blind lol. Hype is dangerous anyway.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
If DK does go 3D for its next entry there's a lot of recent quality titles (Crash 4, Hat in Time, Spyro Reignited) to pull from for inspiration. I think my fantasy game would be a mix of focused exploration of Spyro, the kind of tight platforming of Crash, and some of the aesthetics of Ori. Basically finally having the ultimate three dimensional version of the SNES trilogy.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Happy post-Halloween everyone!

No matter how many people are disappointed by Steve, most people I know find him highly amusing and hilarious, and he certainly carries a unique style into Smash. That said, I don't think he really hurt anyone's chances to any significant degree. Min-min and Byleth have set a precedent for non-third party characters to appear in Fighter's Passes. So I wouldn't give up just yet.

That said, Dixie doesn't have a new IP or new game working to her favor like them, so I suppose that could cause some concerns. How is everyone currently feeling on her chances? Its been months since I've checked in.

Justin Little

Smash Ace
If Nintendo is indeed working on a new DK in-house, I think Dixie's chances should increase significantly. That is, if she is in the new game and has an important role. With Nintendo showing respect towards the RARE created Kong cast recently, like K. Rool in Smash, Dixie in MKT, and New Donk City, I have no doubt she will be.

Last edited:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Happy post-Halloween everyone!

No matter how many people are disappointed by Steve, most people I know find him highly amusing and hilarious, and he certainly carries a unique style into Smash. That said, I don't think he really hurt anyone's chances to any significant degree. Min-min and Byleth have set a precedent for non-third party characters to appear in Fighter's Passes. So I wouldn't give up just yet.

That said, Dixie doesn't have a new IP or new game working to her favor like them, so I suppose that could cause some concerns. How is everyone currently feeling on her chances? Its been months since I've checked in.
Hey Ultinarok it's been a while.

Honestly I doubt she'll be in. Not pessimistic, but my best guess towards whether she'll get confirmed is "...Probably not."

I've stopped caring whether she'll make it over a year ago, but that's how I feel about speculation as a whole. When I was younger I'd discuss a character's chances and analyze the subtleties but now I don't feel like it. Not that I'm bitter or anything, I'm over it. Emotionally, I've moved on. Smash is an AMAZING opportunity but it's not the only thing that validates a character. If Dixie gets in, YEAH! If not, whatever. My main drive is to just come up with moveset concepts and spark people's imagination. Gotta shutdown her detractors at every avenue lol

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Hey Ultinarok it's been a while.

Honestly I doubt she'll be in. Not pessimistic, but my best guess towards whether she'll get confirmed is "...Probably not."

I've stopped caring whether she'll make it over a year ago, but that's how I feel about speculation as a whole. When I was younger I'd discuss a character's chances and analyze the subtleties but now I don't feel like it. Not that I'm bitter or anything, I'm over it. Emotionally, I've moved on. Smash is an AMAZING opportunity but it's not the only thing that validates a character. If Dixie gets in, YEAH! If not, whatever. My main drive is to just come up with moveset concepts and spark people's imagination. Gotta shutdown her detractors at every avenue lol
Makes a lot of sense. I only disappeared from the Boards for a while to tend to other things; new hobbies, new job, new place, and a broken laptop, which my company has so kindly provided me a replacement for. I've been playing less Smash due to all of these things, but Dixie remains my most desired newcomer. I know her odds are all but non-existent at this point. K. Rool and BK had way more momentum and still took some teeth-pulling to make the cut, so with a much smaller following, I know her odds aren't amazing.

Still would be awesome to see though. Its nice that this thread has stayed somewhat active too. Digging the new art that's been posted!

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Makes a lot of sense. I only disappeared from the Boards for a while to tend to other things; new hobbies, new job, new place, and a broken laptop, which my company has so kindly provided me a replacement for. I've been playing less Smash due to all of these things, but Dixie remains my most desired newcomer. I know her odds are all but non-existent at this point. K. Rool and BK had way more momentum and still took some teeth-pulling to make the cut, so with a much smaller following, I know her odds aren't amazing.

Still would be awesome to see though. Its nice that this thread has stayed somewhat active too. Digging the new art that's been posted!
Yeah, I definitely understand. I've been getting into other hobbies and games as well. For Dixie, we're playing more of a long-term strategy; her twitter page is rising steadily and could hopefully gain 1k followers by New Year's, plus this thread always has some good topics (and art if I do say so myself, thanks Seashore!) to keep it alive. We seem to be a chill fanbase overall, and with Nintendo occasionally giving us DK news we don't seem to be obscure.

Glad you like the art as well! I'm very happy that Seashore posts art here. We can play off each other's variety and keep things fresh. Plus, the art other users post is always a welcome sight. I still can't get over those DK, Diddy, K. Rool and Dixie SSB renders from a few pages back.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Yeah, I definitely understand. I've been getting into other hobbies and games as well. For Dixie, we're playing more of a long-term strategy; her twitter page is rising steadily and could hopefully gain 1k followers by New Year's, plus this thread always has some good topics (and art if I do say so myself, thanks Seashore!) to keep it alive. We seem to be a chill fanbase overall, and with Nintendo occasionally giving us DK news we don't seem to be obscure.

Glad you like the art as well! I'm very happy that Seashore posts art here. We can play off each other's variety and keep things fresh. Plus, the art other users post is always a welcome sight. I still can't get over those DK, Diddy, K. Rool and Dixie SSB renders from a few pages back.
I regretfully still have yet to actually finish Tropical Freeze. I was determined to play it co-op with my wife but platformers are the bane of her existence so she doesn't want to play often. I'm admittedly not terribly good at platformers anymore either, but one of these days we'll get it done.

I've sadly gone over to the darkside and become a Fire Emblem diehard. I've been playing nearly every game in the series over the last year or so. Naturally, I wasn't as infuriated by Byleth as many people were because Three Houses was really good.

But yeah, its pretty sad that DK gets so little content by comparison. If anything, the relative lack of DK content is the biggest point in Dixie's favor, but its ultimately Nintendo's call what gets decided for DLC, and Nintendo tends not to be kind to DK, so...

Only time will tell I guess. Any thoughts on who we think might realistically be next? I keep hearing talk of Crash Bandicoot.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I honestly can't say who seems likely at this point. I haven't speculated in a long while so all I can do is advocate for who I want which won't be educated guesses. Crash is my GOAT and I'd happily buy him if he gets announced, and Rayman as well as Dixie would make me extremely happy. Ubisoft has a lot of controversies coming to light and Activision has not only Crash, but many mainstream faces of modern gaming in its cabinet so I can't safely pick anyone.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Someone on DK Vine said something like, "I always got the feeling there was something strange going on in the Northern Kremisphere that had nothing to do with Kaos and the Kremlings" and they're absolutely correct. Mystique is the right word for it.

But speaking of DKC3, gimme five songs from that game that should get remixes when Dixie joins Smash. Here are mine, in no particular order:

• Enchanted Riverbank (SNES)
  • Nuts n' Bolts (SNES)
  • Rocket Run (SNES)
  • Stilt Village (GBA)
  • Cascade Capers/Waterfall (GBA)
Pokey Pipes SNES
Nuts N Bolts SNES
Stilt Village GBA
Mill Fever GBA
Treetop Tumble SNES

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I too have moved past Dixie getting into Smash. I dont think her chances are strong as DLC for Ultimate tbh. Nintendo seems to be too keen on 3rd party characters and newer promotional 1st party characters over legacy characters of their own. Dixie really should've been a base roster character alongside K.Rool.

The reason Im still here is to discuss the DK series as a whole with fellow fans and speculate the future of the franchise. Dixie in Smash is merely a bonus and has become 2nd priority to a brand new DK game and honestly both things seem like a pipe dream at this point. Dixie is 15 + years overdue for a Smash appearence and DK is going on 7 years without a new game of any sort which is the longest drought the series has ever faced since the wait between Donkey Kong 3 and DKC...

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Agreed. Much of the Nintendo's first party selection for Ultimate has been reflective of their interests and K Rool excepted (which really happened due to the ballot), its not been the DK franchise. She should be in, but if she isn't, my real focus is more about the IP (and its spiritual successors). Dixie getting in Smash would be great.

Dixie being part of a brand new high profile DK game would be even better.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I've been going absent from here Smashboards for quite a long while now, but guess to me it took much longer to start settling on having to live with this realization that at some point, the Smash Bros that I remember growing with and feeling innocent dreams of seeing some of my own fave Nintendo-characters join in to the fray had probably gone away somewhere, since it feels like I've sorta wasted all the time investing on them all these years to only come to realize they're just not on radar of both Nintendo and/or Sakurai, unless they happen to just interest them in some way whether movesets or sudden promotional material.

It's feels bit surreal to that all conclude possibly with Dixie missing her boat in Ultimate along with Toad - and all the more prior I've only come to feel perplexed about Smash-franchise refusing to include more obscurer IPs in their legacy, which could easily give any of them the gravely needed re-exposure to the mainstream... because the very status of obscurity they can't help being in, happens to already be a huge detriment to them. This happens to be the very reason why Takamaru ended up dropped in Smash 4, and probably why we hadn't seen other long-supported fan demands like him in anything more than Assist Trophy-role.

The fact that I had only gotten someone like Richter Belmont as a lucky consequence of being part of a more Nintendo-centric 3rd Party has me feel the this meme post I saw on Tumblr about how Smash Bros now has made a reality about "a game where Richter Belmont fights against a Creeper from Minecraft", is really describing the series more accurately than it being a Nintendo-centric celebration and zany party fighter it started as... and I frankly don't like it. It just reminds me how M.U.G.E.N deconstructed us about a natural conclusion to how just stale the crossover fighters under the Mahvel-engine can end up being, except it feels more official with how it has more done to pander towards modern internet and gaming culture, especially the never-ending material for memes.

Banjo & Kazooie come bit closer to resembling what the series' future in means of representing Nintendo's own legacy would have looked like, but the implications that they wouldn't have had happened if it weren't for them getting mentioned during Nintendo's involvement with Microsoft regarding Minecraft, has considerably dampened my enthutiasm on them since. With how B&K looked to be lower priority than Steve for Nintendo, hasn't had me really feel confident on Smash-series focusing on representing the company's own legacy most likely long ago- including DK-series, which most likely will have to celebrate K.Rool's inclusion as best thing to the series' representation since Brawl, and might had gotten nothing if it weren't for the Ballot happening.

More importantly, with how just much 3rd Parties have become such huge selling point to the series, I can't help seeing that's where the most notable innovations in the franchise have been put into- mainly related to how just crazy-innovative their movesets get to a point with so much work put on them, that most of the original rosters of from 64 to Brawl have become looking quite dated in comparison. It's only served to make me less invested on the series in means of wanting to see it grow as a whole - with both it's integrity to series original premise and any new major gameplay mechanics (like Final Smashes since Brawl) not getting much focus over time as series went on. Ultimate went to rectify some of these things, but we lost some major modes or features between that transition. :100:

I feel some of the 3rd Parties we could have honestly done without - such as Joker due how little Atlus is doing to push Persona 5 for anyone interested to play it on Nintendo Switch and arguably being just one installment in a mere subseries of a more long-running IP from them - Cloud Strife due how stingy Square is about the representation of the character even in Ultimate, and even Bayonetta, with the way her moveset had gone to show how much experimenting with unique kinds can go long way completely demolish the core workings of gameplay rules Smash revolves in. And frankly, she still is Platinum Games-character over many deeming Bayonetta as a "Nintendo-one" lately. Nintendo wouldn't have most likely given push for such character - we got Wonderful 101 instead for that very reason. But they at least got extensive representation and some moveset overhauls so I'm not as hard-pressed on them. I just feel SEGA could have gotten nice use out of them in their own possible crossover titles.

Now I'm not going to say we're supposed to treat all of the good things we've received as actually less meaningful than they are - but I can't help feeling many series currently supported that didn't get to be put to Ultimate, now are part of this reality where things didn't get to be shone on their side. I can only wish there'll be any type of new things coming for their way - at least it's been long rumored Golden Sun's been heading this way, if it weren't for COVID-19 messing the entire world still as we speak.

Still, it's pretty strange where Dixie stands in all of this. She generally seems to fit the bill of having unique moveset potential and coming from Nintendo's mainstream IP with good run of excellent platformers and iconic legacy, and was even involved back in Brawl... yet with the series' current state, I can't sadly see her happening. But I'll be here waiting for any new DK-content in the future with her involved to allow enjoying her in the current present. :dr^_^:

I would be lying if it I said it has me feeling glad for what direction Smash-franchise it taken - and I'm not feeling confident it can keep such momentum for long. But I just can't help really feeling deeply disappointed for a very, very long time about how I ended up having wasting my investion on these series to things that weren't ever in radar of it's directors and company itself. I guess I has me wish there were just some more series like it out there that gelled more with me. Games like Marvel VS Capcom 3 and Crash: Nitro-Fueled were excellent in this regard with their impressive catalogue exploring throughout legacies of the companies involved - and the former had already show how more obscurer additions and a compelling moveset ideas weren't necessarily two mutually exclusive things to attain. I feel Smash could have done same beyond likes of Little Mac due how virtually any character in it (even a mere enemy NPC from Mario-games), can garner new-found interest nonetheless.

Nowadays I can't help feeling that Smash Bros. Ultimate setting such high standards to whatever franchises attempting to capture same fame, we're only going to see even more companies to flock on Smash to just serve as a more safer and profitable alternative over doing any innovations like that on their own. (Most likely due how hard these AAA-crossover IPs are to make in general - but there was a time there we nice sum of them around 90s to 2000s compared to today, IMO)

Now that I think about think, both Donkey Kong and Crash Bandicoot seem quite similar too in their nature, aren't they? A little dim-witted at times, but very easy-going, happy-go-lucky anthropomorphic platform heroes laid in 90s' cool here and there. Also happening to wearing only one set of clothing while at it.

Last edited:

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
Now that I think about think, both Donkey Kong and Crash Bandicoot seem quite similar too in their nature, aren't they? A little dim-witted at times, but very easy-going, happy-go-lucky anthropomorphic platform heroes laid in 90s' cool here and there. Also happening to wearing only one set of clothing while at it.

I once said on another site that Crash was kinda like some crazy amalgamation of DK, Diddy & Lanky.

He's dim & nap-happy like DK.
He's a funny-lookin' orange goof with a silly voice like Lanky.
He's a smaller animal with a jetpack, a fruit-shooting firearm, a blonde-ponytailed female partner, & them BIG OL' EYES, like Diddy.
(His fashion sense is also the opposite of Diddy's)

Funny thought, isn't it?

Last edited:

Justin Little

Smash Ace

While I'm not really for a remaster of the original trilogy, if it looked like this, TAKE ALL MY MONEY, NINTENDO!

Top Bottom