• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Facts

They forgot the other big Hyrule Warriors snub: no Saria.

Diddy and his wingman

The Cat O' Nine Tails would make a phenomenal assist trophy, don't you think? It grabs you, spins you around, and throws you in a random direction.

Strong DK

Smash Apprentice
Don't worry, the cool person who runs the Dixie twitter, whoever they are, will post reminders to vote in the poll.

Mind if I share this on the Dixie for Smash Twitter? And if it's ok to share, who should I credit? "Strong DK's Wife"?
Use "Krista" and feel free to share it as you like

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Yeah, I'll just link to his original post. It's from the Newcomer Stock Icons page.

Unfortunately, his account has been inactive for half a year at this point, so it's anyone's guess on how to get in contact with him.
How do you get in contact with me?

You get lucky when I happen to drop into the Site for old time's sake.

I'm actually only really active on Discord at this point in time, though currently I'm not really making Stock Icons (it's become too difficult with the computer set-up I have, either I relearn what I've learned or give up entirely), the only one still making Icons is Pakky, though even he does it irregularly at best.

If I don't continue checking Smashboards, you can find me in the Discord Server linked in the Newcomer Stock Icons thread's first post, That's my general hangout nowadays. :laugh:

Last edited:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Hey everyone just wanted to give y'all a heads up on The Pink Berets. Somebody reached out to me on twitter and offered to start and run the server. He's making it just right and when it's ready to go I'll make an announcement

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
Dukemon102 Dukemon102 Did you make this or was somebody inspired by you to make this? Either way this is the funniest thing I've seen today.
No.... I didn't make an original picture based on the Fire Emblem joke either. You are confusing me with the picture DeniroSerafim DeniroSerafim posted:

Because life is all about compromise! This took way too much effort to make lmao.
View attachment 259339
BTW that reply has too many cartoony simians.

Edit:

Just found this:

That looks so clean..... a gamer can only dream....

Last edited:

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
^You have to create an invite to link people to the server

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
No.... I didn't make an original picture based on the Fire Emblem joke either. You are confusing me with the picture DeniroSerafim DeniroSerafim posted:

BTW that reply has too many cartoony simians.

Edit:

Just found this:

That looks so clean..... a gamer can only dream....
Ah sorry about that. My bad.

BTW, why does Roy Diddy look so fitting? I love how the Fire Emblem outfits fit the Kongs here lol

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Glad that is sorted out.

Now lets gather around in the server and plan for the future Dixie is playable.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Another poll, this time with a different twist. The wording of the title of the topic is a little strong, but it's GameFAQs, and honestly they've been nicer to her (relatively) than they have for other characters with huge support bases on this site (you can find the polls for the other characters listed in the related topics and see the results listed in the opening post). At the end of each day, characters that had 1 or 2 winning get sorted into one category and characters that had 3 or 4 winning get sorted into another, as the user explained, so let's make sure to put her in the right category.

I will say that Dixie is one of the few characters that I liked that I voted 2 instead of 1 for.

Last edited:

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
Check out this heartwarming tweet!
What do you guys think about this?

View attachment 263803
Cute!!
Sorry for accidental double post.

Last edited:

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
I'm probably not going to change anyone's mind on this, but the "Cranky is old DK!" thing should be officially retired already. It was a funny enough joke thirty years ago, but it kinda cheapens both characters and makes a mess of the series's continuity, imho.

Last edited:

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
What do you guys think about this?
View attachment 263803
Very cute and well drawn. It actually reminds me of the old drawings I used to make as a kid before I lost all my artistic talent.

Obligatory Nerd Nitpick mode: Oh my god, ACKSHUALLY, Dixie shouldn't be able to support Kiddy's weight with one hand when she can barely carry him in her shoulders, Dixie is missing the knee pads and there weren't any swinging vines in DKC3 *gets shot*.

Check out this heartwarming tweet!
Cute!!
Sorry for accidental double post.
Could Miyamoto have any input in the selection of the DLC? He wanted Pac-Man in SSB4 after all. He may be our unexpected savior to get Dixie in.

Also, take a look at this merch of the mid-90s in Japan.
It's based on the TV series, but Dixie and some Kremlings had figures, look at the mid-bottom picture. That's what DK in Smash should be like, and what my DK amiibo section should look like. But we could't even get a DK Line when amiibos were being mass-produced *Dixie's cry sound*...

Last edited:

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
Also, take a look at this merch of the mid-90s in Japan.
It's based on the TV series, but Dixie and some Kremlings had figures, look at the mid-bottom picture. That's what DK in Smash should be like, and what my DK amiibo section should look like. But we could't even get a DK Line when amiibos were being mass-produced *Dixie's cry sound*...
The Dixie figure here is actually really cute! But boy, I always forget how short her ponytail is in the cartoon.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'm probably not going to change anyone's mind on this, but the "Cranky is old DK!" thing should be officially retired already. It was a funny enough joke thirty years ago, but it kinda cheapens both characters and makes a mess of the series's continuity, imho.
I actually like the idea of Cranky being the original Donkey Kong though. To me that will always be canon.

Could Miyamoto have any input in the selection of the DLC? He wanted Pac-Man in SSB4 after all. He may be our unexpected savior to get Dixie in.
I think Miyamoto was one of the people at NoJ keeping K. Rool MIA for years so I don't think he will fetch us a bone with Dixie even if she is a Kong. I think Miyamoto doesn't like characters that are not his in his own in his franchises. K. Rool and Krystal MIA from their own franchises and Waluigi never being in a mainline Mario game are kind of examples.

Last edited:

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
I think Miyamoto was one of the people at NoJ keeping K. Rool MIA for years so I don't think he will fetch us a bone with Dixie even if she is a Kong. I think Miyamoto doesn't like characters that are not his in his own in his franchises. K. Rool and Krystal MIA from their own franchises and Waluigi never being in a mainline Mario game are kind of examples.
Wasn't Dixie made by input of Miyamoto? I know K. Rool wasn't, but I heard some stories that Miyamoto suggested making a female Kong. Also she was never outright banned from any game. K. Rool wasn't either (PAON games and Mario Super Sluggers), I think people are too harsh on Miyamoto just because Tanabe never has the balls to do anything that could remotely contradict Miyamoto's advice and Paper Mario and DK suffered because of it.
According to Retro, Miyamoto is always answering with questions or giving clues to enforce creativity from the people under him like Tanabe (Snowmads were a good enemy gang IMO but Tikis were terrible, if Kremlings were in DKCR I wouldn't have minded if they took a break for one game, but now they need to return) or Koizumi which didn't use Rare characters for Jungle Beat, but that was for creative reasons and not because of spite for Rare or something like that (It wasn't a good decision, but it wasn't Miyamoto's).

Also, Dixie was never denied an appearance in any game and was constantly appearing in remakes and spin offs games in the 2000s including some unexpected ones like Mario Hoops 3 on 3, and then returned without problem to Tropical Freeze. So Miyamoto or the people at Nintendo clearly don't have a grudge against DK's Rare characters, it's more of the people that ended up using the IP which don't have the initiative to do something with it (Ubisoft included, I really wanted Diddy and Dixie playable in Rabbids' DLC).

I don't think Miyamoto would push for her specifically, it's my wishful thinking >_> I suppose if we see a Mario Kart Tour appearance, that could gives us more hope of someone at Nintendo noticing her existence (And that would force me to play that god-forsaken game for 10 minutes, dang it).

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
You heard it here first, folks.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Oh and another poll, if you want.

She will need Kiddy's help after Lotus evolves tho.

But of course she's stronger, what can a space mom can do against a certified confederate soldier?

Dixie vs Shadow is a funny match-up. Basically my fond happy childhood memories vs my cringey pre-teen years.

Last edited:

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Wasn't Dixie made by input of Miyamoto? I know K. Rool wasn't, but I heard some stories that Miyamoto suggested making a female Kong. Also she was never outright banned from any game. K. Rool wasn't either (PAON games and Mario Super Sluggers), I think people are too harsh on Miyamoto just because Tanabe never has the balls to do anything that could remotely contradict Miyamoto's advice and Paper Mario and DK suffered because of it.
According to Retro, Miyamoto is always answering with questions or giving clues to enforce creativity from the people under him like Tanabe (Snowmads were a good enemy gang IMO but Tikis were terrible, if Kremlings were in DKCR I wouldn't have minded if they took a break for one game, but now they need to return) or Koizumi which didn't use Rare characters for Jungle Beat, but that was for creative reasons and not because of spite for Rare or something like that (It wasn't a good decision, but it wasn't Miyamoto's).

Also, Dixie was never denied an appearance in any game and was constantly appearing in remakes and spin offs games in the 2000s including some unexpected ones like Mario Hoops 3 on 3, and then returned without problem to Tropical Freeze. So Miyamoto or the people at Nintendo clearly don't have a grudge against DK's Rare characters, it's more of the people that ended up using the IP which don't have the initiative to do something with it (Ubisoft included, I really wanted Diddy and Dixie playable in Rabbids' DLC).

I don't think Miyamoto would push for her specifically, it's my wishful thinking >_> I suppose if we see a Mario Kart Tour appearance, that could gives us more hope of someone at Nintendo noticing her existence (And that would force me to play that god-forsaken game for 10 minutes, dang it).
Miyamoto has his flaws, but remember, he's the one that pitched DKC Returns and even asked Retro to bring Cranky back.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
True true. A shame we couldn't get the Kokiri Sage since we already had the Goron and Zora, she was the last one to represent the childhood dungeon species. Although now that I think about it we could have got all 7 sages as well with a Gerudo Rep and Kaepora.
Nabooru would fit really well. She could use the double scimitars like the Gerudo guards in Ocarina of Time for example. Saria could've been based on the Deku Stick "spear" of Lana.

DX_E

Smash Apprentice
Oh and another poll, if you want.

I can't tell by the comments, but it appears to be neck and neck. Man, if Dixie loses to Shadow, I would flip several tables. But if Dixie wins, she'd be up against Doom Slayer. As much as I love and adore Dixie and crave for her to be in smash, I think DOOM has been more influential in the gaming world. I think he would bring more to smash but Dixie would make me happier. I'd definitely prefer Tails, Knuckles or Robotnik over Shadow any day. He is a meh to me.

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
People saying that DK can't possibly have a new spirit board made a little upset.
So I made an early concept of what could be referenced in Smash battles:
DixieSpiritBoardConcept.png
(I wish I could make it with the cards, ranks and everything but I suck at photoshop)

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Go away with this blasphemy!

It's a way better theory than DK is Cranky's grandson, which makes DK Jr. an absent father who went missing or died. I say it fits both characters right especially Cranky.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

I wasn't talking about Dixie or any of the Kongs, I was talking about non Kong Rare characters and how they're kind of neglected or have been neglected by Nintendo and Miyamoto.

Nabooru would fit really well. She could use the double scimitars like the Gerudo guards in Ocarina of Time for example. Saria could've been based on the Deku Stick "spear" of Lana.
After hearing you guys bring it up I now want a Ocarina sage in Smash most specifically Nabooru or Ruto. A Champion like Urbosa or Mipha from Breath of the Wild would be just as great as well. Zoras are my favorite race in the Zelda franchise and I would love to see a Zora rep like Ruto or Mipha get in. #Zorarep4Smash

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I want Hyrule Warriors 2 to become a reality. Maybe then Impa has an actual shot for a playable role in Smash one day.

Anyway, since we talking spin offs, what is a spin off title for DK that you'd like to see that hasn't been explored yet? I loved DKR and the Climber games, but Konga can stay away. Personally, a beat em up or a RPG game would be wonderful for DK I think.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I'm thinking that there are going to be two first party characters in Fighter's Pass 2, and while I think that a Gen 8 Pokemon has a good chance, I do think that Dixie might also show up. I'm hopeful, I've always liked Dixie!

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Smash Bros: Planet of the Kongs

my roster with cuts:

1. remove every single character from the game except donkey kong and diddy kong
2. add: dixie kong, chunky kong, lankey kong, crankey kong, funky kong, baboom, baby baboom (grookey), teen baboom (thwakey), dark baboom (zarude), fire baboom (infernape), proto baboom (simisage), aiai, winston, the monkey watch monkey from rhythm heaven, guybrush threepwood (fits in on a technicality since he's from monkey island), and the ape escape apes
3. rename the game "super baboom bros"
4. smash is saved. the roster is fair and balanced because everyone is infused with the winning spirit of baboom, although baboom still remains at the top because his winning ability is still top-tier

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
We live in a Kongciety.

memedix.png

What do you get when you cross a character that has been waiting patiently to get into Smash for more than a decade with a speculation scene that abandons her and treats her like trash?

I used to think Dixie’s exclusion was a tragedy. Now I realize, it’s a comedy.

Last edited:

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
So here's a little interesting something for all of you DKC/Dixie/Rare enthusiasts.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/le...nkey-kong-racing-that-ign-once-hosted.172020/

Hero of Legends of ResetERA set up an effort to find the higher res 480p trailer of the ill-fated Donkey Kong Racing, and what do you know, the guys on IGN had it in their files all along.

Ah, if only.... if only they had purchased Rare this thread probably wouldn't exist today because Dixie would already have been added in Smash 4 and maybe Banjo too since Brawl. But that's also a timeline where Returns, Tropical Freeze (Heck, even Playtonic games in general) never existed.... and I love Tropical Freeze too much to delete it from existence. A soul for a soul I guess.

Top Bottom