• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I just keep looking over at my massive amiibo collection and their is a giant Dixie Kong sized gap in it. Sucks because obviously if she was in Smash she would have one by now. Smash was definitely her best shot at getting one. Cause lets be honest amiibo are on their way out and even if they weren't lets be honest with ourselves Nintendo would never make a DKC amiibo line. Even if they did I bet the line would just consist of DK and Diddy again..no other DKC characters matter apparently..

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I just keep looking over at my massive amiibo collection and their is a giant Dixie Kong sized gap in it. Sucks because obviously if she was in Smash she would have one by now. Smash was definitely her best shot at getting one. Cause lets be honest amiibo are on their way out and even if they weren't lets be honest with ourselves Nintendo would never make a DKC amiibo line. Even if they did I bet the line would just consist of DK and Diddy again..no other DKC characters matter apparently..
Well, at least we are getting a Banjo & Kazooie Amiibo which I still can't believe is going to be a thing. But I feel you dude, the DK and Star Fox lineup to me just doesn't look as great without Dixie Kong and Krystal. If they ever get in with the roster we have now, Ultimate's roster would be perfection.

Last edited:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
The name of this thread is bothering me, as there is no moveset from Mario Kart on page 188.
What do you mean? It's not a moveset but it's definitely there as the title says. See?

Finally compiled all the Mario Kart stuff I've done so far. Pretty much everything got some sort of revamp (Expresso got completely redone lol) and there's even some new additions like Pauline!

https://i.imgur.com/bk2hebO.png

I do wanna do enemy vehicles at some point, but I have another idea that I wanna get started on so that will have to wait. On to the next project!
Also keep in mind the post#. That bypasses our individual page layouts.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I keep looking over at the roster everytime I boot up Ultimate and there’s a massive Dixie Kong sized gap in it. I can’t stand to see all the fanart of DK, Diddy, and K. Rool without Dixie, Ultimate just needed her and Krystal to be perfect in terms of Rare characters.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I keep looking over at the roster and there’s a massive Dixie Kong sized gap in it. I can’t stand to see all the fanart of DK, Diddy, and K. Rool without Dixie, Ultimate just needed her and Krystal to be perfect in terms of Rare characters.
People said the gap was closed when Ridley and K. Rool got in, but they're wrong. The gap is still there because Dixie Kong and Krystal still ain't in yet.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
People said the gap was closed when Ridley and K. Rool got in, but they're wrong. The gap is still there because Dixie Kong and Krystal still ain't in yet.
Metroid and DK got their main villains, but DK and Star Fox still don't have their main heroines, which both of them desperately need because they already have their main hero, sidekick, and villain.

Dixie and Krystal were every bit as important as Ridley and K. Rool in terms of the first party picks and it is the greatest injustice to have them relegated to Mii Fighter and Assist Trophy when they both deserved so much more. Now in the meantime, DK and Star Fox representation will still remain a sausage fest in Smash, even though there were perfect candidates to remedy that.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Metroid and DK got their main villains, but DK and Star Fox still don't have their main heroines, which both of them desperately need because they already have their main hero, sidekick, and villain.

Dixie and Krystal were just as important as Ridley and K. Rool and it is the greatest injustice to have them relegated to Mii Fighter and Assist Trophy when they both deserved so much more. But hey, in the meantime DK and Star Fox representation will still remain a sausage fest in Smash.
It's simply due to the fact that Dixie and Krystal didn't do anywhere as well as Ridley and K. Rool in the Smash Ballot.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Wait if Dixie is a Nintendo All Star for starring in about 10 games, wouldn't Tingle also count because he has also had major appearances and stand alone games? (jk just thought the title was really superlative)
I mean, jokes or not I personally would probably count Tingle as a Nintendo All Star:
Has his own games,
Extremely prominent in the Zelda series
Known throughout the world even by non-gamers, and outside the Triforce trio is probably the most famous character(although you can make a case for Midna and Skull Kid here).

Hell, he even was technically the first 'player 2' Zelda character thanks to Wind Waker's Tingle Tuner(?) so the only thing holding him back is a ridiculously overblown vocal disdain from certain Western audiences.

As much as I love Impa and Vaati, I feel Tingle is a more legitimate 'Nintendo All Star' on par with Dixie, Toad/Captain Toad, Waluigi, Tom Nook and Bandana Dee than either of them.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I mean, jokes or not I personally would probably count Tingle as a Nintendo All Star:
Has his own games,
Extremely prominent in the Zelda series
Known throughout the world even by non-gamers, and outside the Triforce trio is probably the most famous character(although you can make a case for Midna and Skull Kid here).

Hell, he even was technically the first 'player 2' Zelda character thanks to Wind Waker's Tingle Tuner(?) so the only thing holding him back is a ridiculously overblown vocal disdain from certain Western audiences.

As much as I love Impa and Vaati, I feel Tingle is a more legitimate 'Nintendo All Star' on par with Dixie, Toad/Captain Toad, Waluigi, Tom Nook and Bandana Dee than either of them.
Impa is an All Star. Being one of the most major characters in the story outside of the Tri-Force Trio is more than enough for her resume. People say that she's only iconic because of Hyrule Warriors and since that's a spin off that shouldn't count, but then they completely forget that Waluigi and Daisy built their entire careers off spin offs and without them Daisy would still be a one off character from an old Gameboy game, and Waluigi wouldn't exist. This even applies to characters like Birdo.

A big part of Impa's popularity may come from the fact that the Wii U is the ONLY Nintendo console not to have an exclusive original dedicated Main Series Zelda during its lifespan, so Hyrule Warriors, despite being a spin off, is often the one that has to fill that gap, which is where her memorability comes from. Also Hyrule Warriors being released on Switch contributes to that as well.

Impa, Dixie, and Krystal are the big trinity of female characters I want to get in Smash, just like how people place Waluigi, Isaac, and Geno as the "next big fan requested trinity" after K. Rool, Ridley, and Banjo were the trinity of characters that were impossible to get in but got in anyway.

Last edited:

Justin Little

Smash Ace
Well, if you believe in DK Vine's source Dave Throat, the DK series might have a bright future ahead of it thanks to K. Rool's popularity in the polls. Whether Amiibo survives to see this bright future, we can only hope. I have my doubts about this, naturally coming from a DK fan. But the fact we are getting a ride at Universal Orlando and seeing Ellie the Elephant out of all the animal buddies appear on that leak diorama, it's definitely a sign that Nintendo is indeed still invested in this series. Ellie the Elephant! If she is part of these plans then you can bet your bottom dollar Dixie will be as well.

ze9

Smash Ace
Eeeeh, I'd say Dixie is quite a few steps above Krystal and Impa. Actually, I think she's even above characters that already got in, like Rosalina, Palutena or Daisy.
Honestly I think pairing Dixie with such tertiary characters is doing her a disservice. She is always playable and/or heavily featured and she also got her own game... twice. There's not many characters left, female or otherwise, with a pedigree comparable to Dixie's.

StormC

Smash Hero
Yeah, hate to say it, but Krystal is not on the same tier as K. Rool/Ridley/Dixie. But this isn’t the Krystal thread so I’ll leave it at that.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
Krystal would definitely be a cool character to see playable, but I think the thing that separates her from Dixie in my mind is that she's not the only major Star Fox character who's missing. Peppy and Slippy aren't playable either, neither is Andross (who is almost definitely not a feasible character but he's still the main villain of the franchise).

Dixie Kong is pretty much the only major DK character left. IMO she's on the same tier as DK, Diddy, and K. Rool, so her absence is all the more striking.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Eeeeh, I'd say Dixie is quite a few steps above Krystal and Impa. Actually, I think she's even above characters that already got in, like Rosalina, Palutena or Daisy.
Honestly I think pairing Dixie with such tertiary characters is doing her a disservice. She is always playable and/or heavily featured and she also got her own game... twice. There's not many characters left, female or otherwise, with a pedigree comparable to Dixie's.
Obviously Dixie's above them, but characters don't have to be exactly on the same step to be paired together. I paired her with Krystal because they are both noticeable missing heroines of the two big Rare 1st Party franchises we have in Smash, franchises that already have their main hero, sidekick, and villain, and I added Impa because she's one of the biggest missing Zelda newcomers who featured prominently in Hyrule Warriors (Another BIG factor to her popularity and the popularity of Hyrule Warriors as a whole despite being a spin off was the fact that the Wii U is pretty much the ONLY Nintendo Home Console not to have an exclusive dedicated Main Series Zelda game during its lifespan). Also, I don't think Krystal and Impa are nearly as low as you make them out to be, both of those characters have been playable and heavily featured before too. By that logic the mere fact that K. Rool and Banjo are in and not Dixie is already a much bigger disservice than pairing her with other prominent female characters.

It doesn't even matter for Ultimate in the first place since Krystal's been condemned to rot in AT Purgatory with Waluigi and Isaac.

TBH, I'm pretty shocked in the first place that Dixie somehow got less support on the ballot than half the newcomers in Ultimate, especially a lot of the newcomer echos.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I’d bet Dixie was above Dark Samus and Chrom, at least. She just probably isn’t “realizable” as an echo to Sakurai.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I’d bet Dixie was above Dark Samus and Chrom, at least. She just probably isn’t “realizable” as an echo to Sakurai.
I dunno, Dark Samus doesn't really seem that realizable as an echo either, yet Sakurai somehow pulled it off. She could have very easily been an Isabelle/Lucas/Wolf semiclone, in fact, when Isabelle was first revealed, I thought Dixie was a lock in at that point.

Krystal would definitely be a cool character to see playable, but I think the thing that separates her from Dixie in my mind is that she's not the only major Star Fox character who's missing. Peppy and Slippy aren't playable either, neither is Andross (who is almost definitely not a feasible character but he's still the main villain of the franchise).

Dixie Kong is pretty much the only major DK character left. IMO she's on the same tier as DK, Diddy, and K. Rool, so her absence is all the more striking.
I'm pretty sure she's been requested quite a bit more than those other characters you mentioned. The fact that she's an Assist Trophy and Peppy and Slippy are not should speak for that in it of itself. Even with Star Fox being condemned to reboot purgatory, Sakurai still chose her as the AT even though she hasn't appeared in a while, meaning she's probably the fan favorite 4th SF rep just like K. Rool was even though he wasn't that relevant compared to Dixie.
Krystal was much bigger in the Brawl days, but she still is fairly popular as a point of nostalgia, similar to how Dark Samus and Rool got in despite being less relevant as well.

Peppy and Slippy are more like Funky and Cranky, yes they debuted earlier and could be nice but they're not really all that necessary or urgent to get in. Andross, as you stated, isn't really that feasible, which is why Wolf was the villain character instead.

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I think the thing with Dark Samus is that unlike Dixie, the door is kind of closed for her.

As in, her story is pretty much over. Metroid Prime 3 was the definitive end of the Phazon saga. Tanabe's stated as such.

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2017/06/19/metroid-prime-producer-hints-at-story-mechanics/

“The stories of Dark Samus and Phazon are done now. [We see] Sylux, another hunter from Metroid Prime Hunters at the end of Metroid Prime 3. Personally, I'd like to create a story cenetring around Sylux and Samus. We've done a story based on the Hunters, and [with Federation Force] we're doing a story on the Galactic Federation. I would like to cross the two over in the future. And of course, see more of Samus."
Dark Samus isn't a character just stuck in limbo like K. Rool or Krystal, she's one that's officially been retired. As such, considering that she literally has no future, the most DS was ever going to get was just either remaining an assist trophy or becoming basically a glorified alt costume to Samus with minimal gameplay differences, because realistically they're not going to invest that much into a character like her.

Dark Samus is like Chrom in that they're both characters that had previously missed their short window of opportunity, so getting in as echo fighters is essentially their consolation prize. Dixie at least still has a chance to appear in future DK games.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I think the thing with Dark Samus is that unlike Dixie, the door is kind of closed for her.

As in, her story is pretty much over. Metroid Prime 3 was the definitive end of the Phazon saga. Tanabe's stated as such.

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2017/06/19/metroid-prime-producer-hints-at-story-mechanics/

Dark Samus isn't a character just stuck in limbo like K. Rool or Krystal, she's one that's officially been retired. As such, considering that she literally has no future, the most DS was ever going to get was just either remaining an assist trophy or becoming basically a glorified alt costume to Samus with minimal gameplay differences, because realistically they're not going to invest that much into a character like her.

Dark Samus is like Chrom in that they're both characters that had previously missed their short window of opportunity, so getting in as echo fighters is essentially their consolation prize. Dixie at least still has a chance to appear in future DK games.
I think being an echo fighter is a much better consolation prize than being a Mii Costume, but I guess that's just me. Of course, I'm happy for both their fanbases and I would never remove either of them, but I just wish Dixie was there.

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I still wonder if Switch will even get a new DK game or is the Tropical Freeze port and the Mario x Rabbids DLC "enough" in Nintendo's eyes. The franchise is in such a weird spot developer wise that I wouldnt be shocked if thats all us DK fans get. Like I said before for as much as the 3DS sold and how well software was selling for the platform AND how long the system was active on the market, the fact that it only got a port of Returns and nothing else is appauling especially for a franchise that sells as much as it does and is as historic as DK. DK didnt even get any spin-off title on 3DS which is a first for the series.

Game Boy - The DK Land games were the "main" games but you also had DK 94 as like the spin-off title.

GBA - Ports/Remakes of the SNES DKC trilogy but you also had King of Swing and Mario vs. DK.

DS - Jungle Climber and Diddy Kong Racing DS. Mind you Jungle Climber being a brand new "mainline" DK adventure at the time.

3DS- A port of DKCR and nothing else.

So who's to say DK wont suffer the same fate on Switch. Also looking back on the 3DS library it pisses me off as a DK fan.

Zelda - 2 remakes, 2 original titles, and a spin-off port
Mario - 2 mainline games and countless spin-offs
Kirby - 2 mainline games, a port, and a few eshop exclusive titles.
Metroid - 1 remake/semi-new game and 1 spin-off
Wario - 1 remake/semi-new game
Yoshi - 1 brand new game and 1 port
Kid Icarus - A brand new game
Pikmin - A brand new spin-off game
Chibi-Robo - A brand new spin-off game
Animal Crossing - A brand new game and a spin-off title. Then a rerelease of said game with extra content.
Pokemon - 2 Brand new gens, a gen refresh, a gen remake, 3 retail spin-off releases, and a few new eshop releases
Fire Emblem - 2 brand new games (3 if you count Fates as 2 seperate games), 1 remake/semi-new game, and 1 spin-off.
Rhythm Heaven - A remake/semi new game
Luigi's Mansion - 1 brand new game and 1 port
Pilotwings - A brand new game
Nintendogs- A brand new game
Mii - 2 new retail releases and a few eshop apps
Mario RPG series - 3 brand new games and 2 remakes

**** the only franchises that got treated as badly as DK during the 3DS era were Xenoblade and Star Fox. Lol Xenoblade only getting a port which is understandable due to how big and ambitious the series is it is much more suited for Home Consoles. Star Fox getting only a remake but hey a remake is still better than a straight port like DK got..lol Man it really is something when Kid Icarus, Pilotwings, Fire Emblem, Metroid, and Chibi-Robi get better support than DK just based on a franchise sales perspective...

Last edited:

ze9

Smash Ace
Obviously Dixie's above them, but characters don't have to be exactly on the same step to be paired together. I paired her with Krystal because they are both noticeable missing heroines of the two big Rare 1st Party franchises we have in Smash, franchises that already have their main hero, sidekick, and villain, and I added Impa because she's one of the biggest missing Zelda newcomers. Also, I don't think Krystal and Impa are nearly as low as you make them out to be, both of those characters have been playable and heavily featured before too. By that logic the mere fact that K. Rool and Banjo are in and not Dixie is already a much bigger disservice than pairing her with other prominent female characters.

It doesn't even matter for Ultimate in the first place since Krystal's been condemned to rot in AT Purgatory with Waluigi and Isaac.

TBH, I'm pretty shocked in the first place that Dixie somehow got less support on the ballot than half the newcomers in Ultimate, especially a lot of the newcomer echos.
I'm not downplaying Impa and Krystal's importance to their series, it's just that Dixie I think has left a bigger impact on gaming as a whole.

I don't think she did that bad in the ballot, though. She's a legend class spirit, a Mii hat and an icon for the online (twice). Not a particularly exciting accomplishment, but she has definitely been acknowledged.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I'm not downplaying Impa and Krystal's importance to their series, it's just that Dixie I think has left a bigger impact on gaming as a whole.

I don't think she did that bad in the ballot, though. She's a legend class spirit, a Mii hat and an icon for the online (twice). Not a particularly exciting accomplishment, but she has definitely been acknowledged.
Dixie has left a bigger impact on gaming than a lot of the characters currently in the roster, and yet she's still not in while they are. And once again, they don't have to be exactly on the same level to be paired or grouped, a lot of people pair or group the likes of any combination of Waluigi, Skull Kid, Bandanna Dee, Isaac, and Geno together even though some might view them as unequal as well.

Krystal was much bigger in the Brawl days, but she still is fairly popular as a point of nostalgia, similar to how Dark Samus and Rool got in despite being less relevant as well.

A big part of Impa's popularity may come from the fact that the Wii U is the ONLY Nintendo console not to have an exclusive original dedicated Main Series Zelda during its lifespan, so Hyrule Warriors, despite being a spin off, is often the one that has to fill that gap, which is where her memorability comes from. Also Hyrule Warriors being released on Switch contributes to that as well.

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Speculation sure has changed hasn't it? Ever since Ridley and K. Rool got in and now Banjo & Kazooie getting their dues, there will be new faces at the top of speculation.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Speculation sure has changed hasn't it? Ever since Ridley and K. Rool got in and now Banjo & Kazooie getting their dues, there will be new faces at the top of speculation.
Right now I think the top dogs of Smash speculation are Geno, Isaac, Bandana Dee, Shantae, and Waluigi. But hopefully by Smash 6 Dixie Kong will be at the top of discussion along with those characters.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Yeah, hate to say it, but Krystal is not on the same tier as K. Rool/Ridley/Dixie. But this isn’t the Krystal thread so I’ll leave it at that.
Krystal is below K. Rool, Ridley, and Dixie. But she in my opinion is on a higher tier than Palutena or any Fire Emblem character.

Happy One Year Anniversary of Sakurai declaring there are only three DK characters worthy of being in Smash.
Really? Maybe it was just because getting two unique reps from the same franchise wasn't enough of a priority for Ultimate. The newcomer selection was very limited in base because of all the veterans returning and DLC is quite limited as well if we don't get another Pass.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Really? Maybe it was just because getting two unique reps from the same franchise wasn't enough of a priority for Ultimate. The newcomer selection was very limited in base because of all the veterans returning and DLC is quite limited as well if we don't get another Pass.
Well that just starts a whole nother debate about if Dixie has to be 100% unique. Like I said numerous times before, I'd be fine with her being an Isabelle/Lucas/Wolf semiclone or at absolute worst a Chrom/Ken "echo in name only", as long as she isn't a direct rip like Daisy/Dark Samus/Dark Pit/Lucina/Dr. Mario (I know he's not an echo, but he's the opposite of Chrom/Ken in being "not an echo in name only"), I'd be satisfied. So no, if Dixie was put into that category than that excuse of "not being able to get two unique reps from the same franchise" falls into the toilet.

And also a certain other series that was already overrepresented getting a certain 2nd rep despite not needing to.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Well that just starts a whole nother debate about if Dixie has to be 100% unique. Like I said numerous times before, I'd be fine with her being an Isabelle/Lucas/Wolf semiclone or at absolute worst a Chrom/Ken "echo in name only", as long as she isn't a direct rip like Daisy/Dark Samus/Dark Pit/Lucina/Dr. Mario I'd be satisfied. So no, if Dixie was put into that category than that excuse of "not being able to get two unique reps from the same franchise" falls into the toilet.

And also a certain other series that was already overrepresented getting a certain 2nd rep despite not needing to.
Semi-clone would be good enough for me as I really don't want her as a Echo.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Man, thinking back to that direct every series besides DK has got multiple newcomers in the past two games.
Castlevania got both Simon and Richter, Metroid got both Ridley and Dark Samus, Fire Emblem only got Chrom but they already had a net gain of 4 characters in the previous game so that can be excused. DK is the only veteran series that got exactly one single newcomer over the course of the past 10 years.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
DK is the only veteran series that got exactly one single newcomer over the course of the past 10 years.
You mean two right? Diddy in Brawl plus K. Rool in Ultimate equals two characters in 10 years. But honestly, DK should have at least 5 characters at this point make no excuse about it Sakurai.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Why do you have to be so negative about this?
Can't help it when everyone declares her either boring or dead.

Hard not to be bitter when people tell you to "shut up because you already got K. Rool" whenever you ask for Dixie.

And it's not just that Sakurai gave us only Rool and nothing else. He gave us so much DK content, what with the World of Light and the music, and even Banjo-Kazooie, and yet Dixie is the one thing that get passed over and tossed in the trash.

Last edited:

Justin Little

Smash Ace
If people are telling you to shut up about it then they aren't your kind of peeps that are worthy of your attention. It's best to hang with people with similar taste or else you'll go mad with trying to persuade people who couldn't care otherwise.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
I can see the frustration because an alarming number of people have said that there are no hype worthy Nintendo characters left to include so everyone defaults to their most wanted third-party character for the Fighter's Pass, and by default that excludes Dixie.

It really bugged me that a lot of K. Rool supporters defaulted to Banjo-Kazooie and not Dixie Kong when K. Rool was finally included, and how they were vindicated at E3 2019. You'd think a bunch of self proclaimed hardcore Donkey Kong Country fans would root for Dixie to get included now that K. Rool was in, but they went to the other big Rareware character instead. This was despite Banjo-Kazooie not being owned by Nintendo anymore—or, if we're being generous, because of that, out of a perception that they needed stronger support as a result...*sigh* okay I'll view it through the generous lens.

Now there are plenty of Banjo and K. Rool fans that have expressed their support for Dixie Kong, but it's far less rabid and passionate, it seems. Most of them popped in after E3 2019, said they supported Dixie Kong, and then left. I can't blame them, since Sakurai has politely asked to stop with the requests since the Fighter's Pass characters have been finalized and there's nothing anyone can do about it. This left Dixie Kong fans in a limbo—we can't be as loud and passionate as the K. Rool fans have been because it wouldn't look good due to Sakurai's statements, but we can't stop supporting Dixie Kong because our historical belief that Dixie Kong was an "obvious" and "inevitable" inclusion has been proven wrong in both Smash 4 and, sadly in Ultimate. However, it's nonetheless discouraging that more K. Rool and Banjo fans haven't joined us in at least regularly participating in discussion and hopes about Dixie Kong.

This limbo sucks, is what I'm saying, but within this limbo we could still be doing things like getting others to agree that Dixie Kong's absence from the roster is one of the most egregious, and not have that brushed aside. It's a shame that it gets brushed aside so much, though at least plenty of people outside of this thread do agree that Dixie Kong's absence is very noticeable.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Owning characters you didn't make for over a decade or so, and being hesitant to do anything with them out of fear of turning people off that are used to the norm of gorillion Mario releases was going to backfire eventually. We should be lucky that fan demand finally got them to start reconsidering about using them again (even if only via Retro so far, but that could change in a few years). Even if Dixie missed the boat this time, what actually matters more is that the DK momentum must be kept going as hard, as long, and as often as possible, until the kongs that matter can get acknowledged and chosen for Smash.

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
TheYungLink TheYungLink as a major supporter of K.Rool I was one of the few that was on the K.Rool/Dixie train instead of the K.Rool/Banjo train. Like I've said before I never grew up with Banjo had no attatchment to him. Played Kazooie or Tooie (cant remember which one) for like 10 minutes didnt know what to do and sold it the next day. The most Banjo I experienced was Diddy Kong Racing. I never used him. My go to characters were Diddy, Krunch, and Conker (which ironically I did play and grow up with).

Anyway to get back on track I agree it is frustrating most K.Rool fans immediately jumped to Banjo over Dixie. In a way I get it. Dixie has appeared in tons of games and had recently appeared in Tropical Freeze in 2014. I assume to most K.Rool and Banjo fans it was more of "saving the character from irrelevancy hell" than "wouldn't it be cool to play as him in Smash?" even though the latter was definitely part of it. I'll admit as much as I love K.Rool and enjoy playing him in Smash (even if he is bottom teir and a pain to play sometimes) I definitely wouldnt have pushed/campaigned as hard as I did had K.Rool been in Jungle Beat, Returns, or Tropical Freeze. K.Rool is my favorite Nintendo villian so to see Nintendo toss him away like he was yesterdays old pizza for 10 years just pissed me off. With Nintendo saying "he wasnt fresh enough" or laughing at fans saying "no crocodiles" like our character didnt matter or something (but apparently flying pieces of wood and yet ANOTHER giant head/hands Nintendo boss was considered more "fresh" to them). To many other K.Rool fans they felt the same not only towards K.Rool but to Banjo as well.

Banjo's last game (like K.Rools) was in 2008. A game most fans despised and was originally billed to them as the 3rd main entry in the series, a "Threeie" if you will. So to them seeing their franchise not only tank on its last entry but its own developer moving on to crap like Kinect and avatars instead of making a new Banjo game really ticked them off. So they turned to Smash if Smash could bring back K.Rool why not Banjo (even though Banjo was owned by a competitor unlike K.Rool)? They thought. Banjo being in Smash to them was the thing to give them hope of a new Banjo and reviving the franchise. They think since Pit got a revival with Uprising and Fire Emblem took off in the West the same thing could happen to Banjo as a franchise. The same way us DK fans assume K.Rool is a shoo-in for a new DK game now since he has been revived for Smash. Though IMO K.Rool has a much bigger chance of appearing as a final boss in a new DK game than Banjo does of getting a new game (unless its a N'Sane Trilogy/Reignited Trilogy style remaster of the first 2 games). Rare doesnt seem to be interested or talented enough anymore to make a new game unless something crazy happens and Rare sells Nintendo the Banjo IP or something..

Basically what Im saying is that if Dixie had disappeared for a long time with no sense of future or appeared in only about half the games she appeared in, Im sure the K.Rool/Banjo fans would've rallied for her harder. Because its less of a Smash thing and more of "saving a characters future" thing which from what I've seen is partly why those fanbases were so huge.

Personally I felt K.Rool should've been added in Melee along with Diddy and Dixie should've been added in Brawl. Obviously it didnt happen that way then I thought surely one of them HAS to make it for Smash 4...nope..so when Ultimate was announced I moved past just rooting for one (even though my passion for K.Rool shined just a tad bit brighter) and started campaigning for both of them coming together as a package deal. I wanted both characters to be announced in the same trailer. But sadly that didnt happen either..

ze9

Smash Ace
Well, for me my top 4 most wanted dream characters was Ridley, Dixie, Banjo and K. Rool. I'm sad about Dixie not being here, but 3/4 is a great result, I just can't be negative towards Ultimate. Which also brought back Lucas. I was really pissed when he didn't come back in Smash 4's base version.

Anyways, what's done is done. Ultimate is a wonderful game and Smash is more popular than ever. Maybe it's better if we support Dixie with positivity instead of looking at what could (and probably should, but still) have been done in the past.
If they're going to plan a 2nd pass, they have to know that Dixie is still majorly requested and wholeheartedly wanted. This should be our objective.

Top Bottom