• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

Spatman

Smash Ace
so, semiclones still exist. It is huge for Dixie!

I continue to keep my expectations low, but this realization was the best thing of the direct for me

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
Edit: this was originally the same as my above post because the site is having extreme lag on phone. Sorry bout that! Anyway, I was expecting something much greater than Isabelle during that direct, and nothing can explain my disappointment after that ****show of a direct, especially with the lack of interesting new FIRST PARTY TITLES, barring the new info on yoshi’s crafted world (that was imo the only good thing to take from that direct)

Last edited:

SeashoreWar

Smash Journeyman
Very cool to see Isabelle AND a new AC game finally!
well it wasnt dixie but it gives me even more hope for a well-represented dixie since it shows that semi-clones are still on the table

(also isabelle is a cool character on her own)
Yeah this is way more than Chrom getting one move from Ike. I definitely have faith Dixie will get represented correctly. We just got to get her in there now!
SeashoreWar SeashoreWar I lol'd hard when I noticed Funky Kong, it's brilliant :dr^_^:
Haha originally Chunky was gonna hold him up on his surfboard, but then I thought he needed to do something more troll-like.
No Swanky 0/10

Great art, in seriousness. I long for a DK game where we're able to see more than few of these in a single game.
Thanks! I was actually thinking about Swanky. I think he could use a redesign to differentiate himself more from DK and Funky. I might give it a try!

StormC

Smash Hero
Now I'll be miffed if Isabelle got the semi-clone treatment but not Dixie. Urgh. Mixed feelings about this overall, but hopeful for Dixie again.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
While we didn't get Dixie (which I was expecting tbh). That direct left me pretty satisfied. Isabelle as a semi-clone, Animal Crossing 2019, FREAKING LUIGI'S MANSION 3 BABY! (That Castlevania trailer WAS a hint), Capcom Beat-em up collection. Those were the BIG takeaways for me. Also the 8 Final fantasy ports to Switch is nice for fans of that series (I am not) but it does justify Cloud being in Smash now. I was afraid with all the Final Fantasy talk near the 33 minute mark we were gonna get another FF character for Smash. GLAD that didn't happen. Sorry with being off topic but I'm so excited! Just wanted to share my enthusiasm with my Smashboards Dixie brother/sisteran.

Marcello691

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 0035 6389 6608
I'm happy to see that semi-clones like Isabelle still exist, so that could mean Dixie is in the game as semi-clone, and I really really hope so, but to be honest, I don't think she's in the game at all. I mean, when should they reveal her? I can't think of a proper date where dixie would fit...

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
This is actually giving me hope that Dixie could end up a semi-clone... Could go either way! But I don't know, maybe we'd be better off with an Echo (I just really want to see Dixie's head icon appear side by side with Diddy, because aesthetics and all that...).

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Isabelle definitely changes a lot.

I had pretty much accepted that Dixie was just going to be a Diddy Echo with DK's up-b. But now? I'm a lot more optimistic about what's to come.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
This is so weird - Isabelle's inclusion poses apparent great fortune to us. At least Dixie can finally be allowed to be seen as a semi-clone now.

KingIceSonic

Smash Journeyman
There are either 3 options
A)Dixie is an echo
B)Dixie is semi clone
C)Dixie is not playable

The only option i would be okay with is B. Now Dixie Kong better not be an echo

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Ok good stuff, what kind of kill power we talking? Think using it on Mario from the default training mode spawn on FD. Marth's F Smash kills at 57, Ike's and Ness's at 64 etc.

Also any damage numbers? I'm compiling that data too.
Since it's a disjointed grab, it would have to be balanced in a way that doesn't make the move overpowered. I was thinking it would do around 12% uncharged and kill Mario in that scenario at around 80%, maybe? The numbers can be tweaked if that's overpowered or underpowered.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
So if Dixie is a semi-clone what moves do you think would be shared with Diddy?

Neutral special is a given, just swap the peanuts out for gumballs that bounce multiple times.
Side special is a possibility, as is down special.
Back air could be shared, possibly down smash and maybe neutral air.

That's pretty much all I got.

Last edited:

Spatman

Smash Ace
at the same time Isabelle is a good and a bad news for Dixie: good for the whole concept of semiclone; bad because in a game with a low number of newcomers, and the introduction of (several/many) echoes, it seems quite unlikely there will be more than a single semiclone character. But maybe all this can give us new hoper for dlc at least!

Last edited:

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Wow. Dixie Kong's chances as unique just shot way up. She could still make echo status I guess, but semi echo would fit her better.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'm happy to see that semi-clones like Isabelle still exist, so that could mean Dixie is in the game as semi-clone, and I really really hope so, but to be honest, I don't think she's in the game at all. I mean, when should they reveal her? I can't think of a proper date where dixie would fit...
The only thing to give us a more clearer answer on what's up with her is seeing Diddy Kong's alternate colors now... whenever he gets available, that is.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
As everyone else is saying, Isabelle being a semi-clone is fantastic news for those hoping we get a semi-clone Dixie as opposed to a full Echo. I'd be okay with Dixie's inclusion regardless of her moveset, but I know getting the Isabelle treatment for Dixie would make a lot more people happy.

Isabelle looks like a neat character, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed. The previous Directs absolutely spoiled us, and the delay just amplified that.

Last edited:

cybersai

Smash Ace
Dixie had better be in this game. If she's not in it at all, I'll be really annoyed.

Even something with just two new specials or whatever is fine by me. Dixie is still in the running at least.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
Dixie had better be in this game. If she's not in it at all, I'll be really annoyed.

Even something with just two new specials or whatever is fine by me. Dixie is still in the running at least.
Don't worry too much, just keep on hoping for the best. We still have two months before the game's release. Plus there might be even more hope for her to be more in character rather than just an echo.

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Well I mean not to be cocky; but with the precious pupper now in Smash, bringing the semi clones along with her, I honestly think Dixie is now a lock. ESPECIALLY after K.Rool's trailer ended the way it did.

Last edited:

Spatman

Smash Ace
The only thing to give us a more clearer answer on what's up with her is seeing Diddy Kong's alternate colors now... whenever he gets available, that is.
he will available the day of launch tho, when we will already know all the characters

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Isabelle, King K. Rool, Ridley, Chrom, Dark Samus, Inklings. These 6 right here! Already make this roster 100x more hype than Wii U/3DS. If we get Dixie Kong, Bandana Dee, and Captain Toad (somehow). This will literally be THE PERFECT Smash Roster of ALL TIME! I would die and ascend to heaven with all the hype.

Handy Man

Smash Ace
Dixie never made sense as an echo to me, it would be a huge disservice to ger character. I'm so glad that Isabelle is shown to be a semi-clone or unique fighter, and Dixie Kong would also most likely be a semi-clone or unique too. I feel really good about her chances; she was relevant during both the project plan and the present thanks to Tropical Freeze, plus she and Isabelle are argubly the last Nintendo all-stars to have not been playable, aside from Toad. I feel like Dixie Kong is in the game, it's only a matter of time before she's revealed. I hope I'm right, getting both Dixie and King K. Rool would be an amazing victory for us. A Funky Kong echo of Donkey Kong would be the cherry on top.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
he will available the day of launch tho, when we will already know all the characters
So far we haven't seen all his costumes colors though since he wasn't in any early demos. The website shows his yellow and blue costumes(which are similar to the multiplayer outfits in Dkc 1&2 respectfully) but no sign of his pink costume while some others(like Waluigi, Jeanne and Blood Falcon) still exist as colored costumes so there's still a good sign that Dixie might make it.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
im sad because Isabelle is the less hype from all character rumors for me..... but ..BUT happy for her fans
But the only positive thing ...it's that is good for a semi clone Dixie Kong i guess

Last edited:

cybersai

Smash Ace
If the next Smash direct doesn't have Dixie in it, then things will look grim. This was just a Nintendo direct so we got one newcomer and Sakurai didn't even appear.

The next Smash direct is bound to have two newcomers and probably 1-2 echoes, so if Dixie isn't in the next one at all...I don't know. Things won't look good.

Spatman

Smash Ace
Dixie never made sense as an echo to me, it would be a huge disservice to ger character. I'm so glad that Isabelle is shown to be a semi-clone or unique fighter, and Dixie Kong would also most likely be a semi-clone or unique too. I feel really good about her chances; she was relevant during both the project plan and the present thanks to Tropical Freeze, plus she and Isabelle are argubly the last Nintendo all-stars to have not been playable, aside from Toad. I feel like Dixie Kong is in the game, it's only a matter of time before she's revealed. I hope I'm right, getting both Dixie and King K. Rool would be an amazing victory for us. A Funky Kong echo of Donkey Kong would be the cherry on top.
I hope so much that you're right. That would make me super happy.
And it's very reasonable too! but... idk... I don't want to fly too high and fall down too much painfully

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
so we thinking dixie may not be an echo after all? :p

If the next Smash direct doesn't have Dixie in it, then things will look grim. This was just a Nintendo direct so we got one newcomer and Sakurai didn't even appear.

The next Smash direct is bound to have two newcomers and probably 1-2 echoes, so if Dixie isn't in the next one at all...I don't know. Things won't look good.
i think the next smash direct is gona be the last one and is gona tell us all the remaining secrets.

Last edited:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
With Isabelle confirmed now, Dixie Kong's claim to being the last Nintendo All-Star is looking even more firm.

The only character left that can compare to her is Toad and maybe Bandanna Dee.

Also, how is Isabelle a semi-clone of Villager? I only saw one move that looked similar.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Am also not 100% sold on semi clone. Not feeling Isabelle but what I get from her move set is she’s mostly unique. Based on Villager yes, but lots of unique animations. Why give her that much attention? Didn’t know she was popular worth of more than being a Echo.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Now I'm just in a weird spot thanks to Isabelle. While I always recognized Dixie could definitely be unique or semi-clone, part of me warmed up to the idea of her being an "chromified echo" where she was like Diddy but had DK's recovery. I would have gotten a Dixie that uses her hair to float and the unique spots could have been filled by some of my other wanted characters that wouldn't really work as echoes (Isaac, geno, Elma).

It'd be great to see Dixie get in and It'd be cool to see her get a unique/semi-clone moveset, but damn, how many unique characters ARE there left? Will other characters that could easily be echoes also get non-echo treatment? (Shadow, Impa, etc...)

Doesn't help that I'm not an Animal Crossing fan so Isabelle being revealed as a unique character didn't excite me at all...

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Am also not 100% sold on semi clone. Not feeling Isabelle but what I get from her move set is she’s mostly unique. Based on Villager yes, but lots of unique animations. Why give her that much attention? Didn’t know she was popular worth of more than being a Echo.
Isabelle is basically Japan's Ridley. She is very popular over there, and is featured in most Animal Crossing merchandise.

Top Bottom