• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Yes Dixie would always be in the lead
Kiddie you could just roll around on top of him and toss him at people.

Your all will hate me for this but just because the mass might not like the idea doesn’t men you won’t like it when you have it
I'm not trying to hate on your idea, but if you truly think everyone will like it if it actually happened, you've never met me before tbh. I mean ****, I still complain about Bowser's moveset.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yes Dixie would always be in the lead
Kiddie you could just roll around on top of him and toss him at people.

Your all will hate me for this but just because the mass might not like the idea doesn’t men you won’t like it when you have it
To be fair, even his own brother Chunky gets more love, and he's only showed up in one game himself. If a big bruiser Kong that makes people laugh has to be picked, it has to be the one with the tiny cap.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I will say that the concept of a non-Ice Climbers tag team fighter is interesting, but Dixie Kong has too much potential to stand on her own. Not to mention, it makes little sense to pair her with anyone other than her boyfriend, Diddy Kong.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
To be fair, even his own brother Chunky gets more love, and he's only showed up in one game himself. If a big bruiser Kong that makes people laugh has to be picked, it has to be the one with the tiny cap.
Hey I think funky should get in as well..

Tbh also I want kiddy to be parents with Dixie causes I know he won’t have any of chance of getting in, So we could have the whole DKC crew, with Dixie with kiddy, Funky I will take an echo (hurts I know) and King k as the newcomers

Two characters for one no?

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Hey I think funky should get in as well..

Tbh also I want kiddy to be parents with Dixie causes I know he won’t have any of chance of getting in, So we could have the whole DKC crew, with Dixie with kiddy, Funky I will take an echo (hurts I know) and King k as the newcomers

Two characters for one no?
Yeah, but the implications of a double-standard would be seen by folks. Dixie needing a tag-team mechanic to be in, yet Diddy has his own moveset. Especially since she was originally meant to be tagged with Diddy during the early Brawl plans.

I'd be fine with it if she was tagged with Tiny instead (who also works as a big person to toss around, given her modern height), though I'd still prefer if every Kong can stand by their own merits. Also, Funky's cool, I always vouch for him.

James Phillips

Smash Journeyman
I'd like Kiddy Kong to appear during her final Smash like Chrom shows up for Robin's.

Plus he could be in the victory animations.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Just saying hi here in the thread. Been playings LOTS of Tropical Freeze last few days and whoaaaaa... Grassland Groove is just pure... therapeutic in many ways. That level was so much fun, so beautiful, and the music!! Am gonna have a blast playing through this in original mode, Funky Mode and Hard Mode Diddy Edition <3

Btw am still hardcore rocking Diddy through most levels! And am having a far easier time than using Dixie or Cranky. So there's that, to the haters.

Reila

I would prefer the guitar to be part of her moveset rather than just a taunt.

Marcello691

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 0035 6389 6608
Just saying hi here in the thread. Been playings LOTS of Tropical Freeze last few days and whoaaaaa... Grassland Groove is just pure... therapeutic in many ways. That level was so much fun, so beautiful, and the music!! Am gonna have a blast playing through this in original mode, Funky Mode and Hard Mode Diddy Edition <3

Btw am still hardcore rocking Diddy through most levels! And am having a far easier time than using Dixie or Cranky. So there's that, to the haters.
I started Tropical Freeze hard mode again and am playing Diddy only and have to say that I really enjoy it so far. I never really played Diddy in Tropical Freeze, so it's quite refreshing. His jet boost underwater is very cool!
I saw on your profile that we're almost the same age, did you play DKC as a child for the first time? And from which country in Europe are you? I'm from Germany.

Marcello691

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 0035 6389 6608
I really want Dixie as a standalone character, she has so much to offer, so actually sakurai shouldn't have any problems creating a moveset for her.
To be honest, when I played dkc3 as a child, I didn't really like Kiddy kong, I often used him as a shield or played him the very beginning of a level just to save Dixie for the difficult parts (I know that's cruel for a child, haha).
I get it why Nintendo didn't bring him back as even the dkc fans didn't like him. Most people think he is a baby version of DK.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I started Tropical Freeze hard mode again and am playing Diddy only and have to say that I really enjoy it so far. I never really played Diddy in Tropical Freeze, so it's quite refreshing. His jet boost underwater is very cool!
I saw on your profile that we're almost the same age, did you play DKC as a child for the first time? And from which country in Europe are you? I'm from Germany.
Sup neighbor? Am from the land of cheese, hookers, weed and windmills. Yeah I've been playing DKC ever since I was a child. Donkey Kong Land was the first game I owned. The NES we borrowed briefly, but didn't like it's games much (dad thought it was a good idea to make me start with SMB3 :D ).. then I played the SNES at my aunties place, and I fell in love with DKC. So next December, got one for myself.

I was a 4 year old at the time, it being 1994, and I got a 4 year old myself right now! Loved DKC first and foremost because of Rambi, cause rhinos are still my favorite animals. And I loved animals in general, so it played real easy for me.

Marcello691

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 0035 6389 6608
Sup neighbor? Am from the land of cheese, hookers, weed and windmills. Yeah I've been playing DKC ever since I was a child. Donkey Kong Land was the first game I owned. The NES we borrowed briefly, but didn't like it's games much (dad thought it was a good idea to make me start with SMB3 :D ).. then I played the SNES at my aunties place, and I fell in love with DKC. So next December, got one for myself.

I was a 4 year old at the time, it being 1994, and I got a 4 year old myself right now! Loved DKC first and foremost because of Rambi, cause rhinos are still my favorite animals. And I loved animals in general, so it played real easy for me.
I think I was 5 or 6 when I played dkc first. I remember the games were really hard, sometimes I was stuck on a level for months.
Rambi was one of my favorite animals too, but I really loved elli the elephant in dkc3 as elephants were my favorites!

Marcello691

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 0035 6389 6608
So does anyone believe those "July 22nd mini direct leaks"??? It mentions k.rool and dixie kong being revealed at the end of the direct.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
I know I wasn’t asked, but my first DK game was Donkey Kong Land. Still my favorite game of all time!

SeashoreWar

Smash Journeyman
So does anyone believe those "July 22nd mini direct leaks"??? It mentions k.rool and dixie kong being revealed at the end of the direct.
It's pretty interesting. It also says Diddy and Funky are coming to Mario Kart, but no Dixie sadly. Has there ever been a Direct on a Sunday before?

Coofle DeDoofle

Smash Apprentice
It's pretty interesting. It also says Diddy and Funky are coming to Mario Kart, but no Dixie sadly. Has there ever been a Direct on a Sunday before?
The fact that it's on Sunday is the biggest red flag for me on this... Then again, depending on the time, wouldn't it be Monday in Japan?

Last edited:

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Apparently we just found out that MK8 is to receive some sort of update, so this person called that pretty well. But there are too many red flags otherwise.
  • The Funko pops thing. I could totally see it happening, but not announced in a direct, and definitely not opening a direct.
  • Delfino Plaza in Mario Odyssey. People have been saying this since Odyssey came out, so everyone who says it now just looks like a bandwagoner.
  • Mother 3D. Just lol.
  • Why would Mario Tennis Aces just be randomly shown?
  • No "surprise" game announcements. New Super Mario World is an easy name for any faker to drop, Star Fox Racing has been rumored, and everything else is a port or we already know about.
  • Smash Tour.
  • Sunday. With only a few exceptions from pre-2016 on Monday or Friday, directs are always Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday.

StormC

Smash Hero
Apparently we just found out that MK8 is to receive some sort of update, so this person called that pretty well. But there are too many red flags otherwise.
  • The Funko pops thing. I could totally see it happening, but not announced in a direct, and definitely not opening a direct.
  • Delfino Plaza in Mario Odyssey. People have been saying this since Odyssey came out, so everyone who says it now just looks like a bandwagoner.
  • Mother 3D. Just lol.
  • Why would Mario Tennis Aces just be randomly shown?
  • No "surprise" game announcements. New Super Mario World is an easy name for any faker to drop, Star Fox Racing has been rumored, and everything else is a port or we already know about.
  • Smash Tour.
  • Sunday. With only a few exceptions from pre-2016 on Monday or Friday, directs are always Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday.
Pokemon Funko Pops are already confirmed.

https://variety.com/2018/gaming/news/funko-pokemon-pop-vinyl-1202871747/

I don't know how much stock to put in this leak but it will be interesting to see how this goes.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Biggest red flag is suggesting the FF7 remake is actually going to be finished

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Yeah, but the implications of a double-standard would be seen by folks. Dixie needing a tag-team mechanic to be in, yet Diddy has his own moveset. Especially since she was originally meant to be tagged with Diddy during the early Brawl plans.

I'd be fine with it if she was tagged with Tiny instead (who also works as a big person to toss around, given her modern height), though I'd still prefer if every Kong can stand by their own merits. Also, Funky's cool, I always vouch for him.
I said kiddy needs the tag team to get in, Dixie could fly solo or in a tag like intended in brawl

Reila

I don't expect a Direct until August, to be honest. But who knows. It is always difficult to tell whether a "leak" is an actual leak or just a prank.

Although the Mother 3D thing is just silly. Mother 3 looks gorgeous as it is, and there is no reason to remake a game that hasn't been even released in the West yet. It is a huge waste of time, money and effort to remake Mother 3.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
We gotta watch if Diddy's entry animation is different if we want a hint if Dixie is playable. If they change his regular DK Barrel into the Tropical Freeze-styled DD Barrel, that would be a good indication if Dixie, or even Funky, would also be playable.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
We gotta watch if Diddy's entry animation is different if we want a hint if Dixie is playable. If they change his regular DK Barrel into the Tropical Freeze-styled DD Barrel, that would be a good indication if Dixie, or even Funky, would also be playable.
Good point, especially since we're most likely getting a heavy amount of Tropical Freeze content for Ultimate since that game is the latest in the series. All we need to do is wait for a demo that includes Diddy.

hinode

Smash Cadet
If Diddy Kong's ever playable in a demo, I'd want to see if he still has his pink colored alt. That would be a massive hint one way or the other.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
If Diddy Kong's ever playable in a demo, I'd want to see if he still has his pink colored alt. That would be a massive hint one way or the other.
I don't think Dixie's chance would be affected if Diddy has the pink colored alt or not. Dixie could have an alt that consists of Diddy's colors as well.

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
Fox still has his purple alt that looks like Wolf even though Wolf is back . I don't think the colors would mean much.

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
They changed that alt so now his fur is just straight up purple. It looks pretty ugly but it was definitely made to look less like Wolf.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
you know what? i think that i like the idea of a dixie and krool reveal even more.
i can understand the crying, many people don't believe that we will maybe got 2 characters from the same serie.
they blame the "low newcomer" thing that Sakurai tell us and hate the idea to get 2 dk from 7 possible newcomer

If we dont get simon belmont(not my most favorite) or any third party for Dixie Kong and K.rool...i don't care and you should.

I mean, Smash bros is a NiNtendo all star fighting game in the end.
if Sakurai think this is the Ultimate Smash Bros game...they need to put the 2 mosts popular characters
from a IP that reaaally need 2 to be Ultimate.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If Smash Run comes back- as it should- then a double reveal would be all the more promising honestly. First we might see DK and Diddy face off a few Kritters, maybe having a rough time.. then Dixie shows up and helps them. Only for all 3 of them to be overwhelmed with King K.Rool soon as he shows up. Great potential for something awesome to happen. Need more DKC cutscene love, because Sakurai did an awesome thing with SSE and the DK and Diddy cutscenes.

Mary H.

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1676-4537-1982
I love imagining what a possible introductory cutscene for both Dixie and K. Rool might be like.

Picture DK and Diddy relaxing on a beach while the jaunty first part of Gangplank Galleon plays. Then as the music takes its more serious sounding turn, the skies darken, and the two kongs look up to see a pirate ship looming upon them. At the helm of the ship is King K. Rool ("King K. Rool Washes Ashore"). He shoots a cannon ball at the kongs, and they both brace themselves.

--but a petite figure flies/twirls in and grabs the cannon ball in mid-air. She lands and triumphantly holds it above her head with her long ponytail ("Dixie Kong Whirls Into Action").

The King smirks, undeterred, and charges over to attack. The kongs follow suit, ready for a three on one brawl. ....aaaand cut the the Smash Bros. logo.

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
I love imagining what a possible introductory cutscene for both Dixie and K. Rool might be like.

Picture DK and Diddy relaxing on a beach while the jaunty first part of Gangplank Galleon plays. Then as the music takes its more serious sounding turn, the skies darken, and the two kongs look up to see a pirate ship looming upon them. At the helm of the ship is King K. Rool ("King K. Rool Washes Ashore"). He shoots a cannon ball at the kongs, and they both brace themselves.

--but a petite figure flies/twirls in and grabs the cannon ball in mid-air. She lands and triumphantly holds it above her head with her long ponytail ("Dixie Kong Whirls Into Action").

The King smirks, undeterred, and charges over to attack. The kongs follow suit, ready for a three on one brawl. ....aaaand cut the the Smash Bros. logo.
I have the strongest sense that you can read my mind, cuz' that is my IDEAL double reveal trailer (or close to it anyways).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

...yes

Yes

Yes! Yes! YES!

I need this in my life.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Come here to show support for Dixie, I'm with her since Brawl times. It's now or never.
A trailer for her an K. Rool would be nice, Robin-Lucina alike.

Heroes fighting their villians. Following the Ridley trailer, Samus Zero & the space dragon, Mario-Bowser, Link-Ganondorf, Kirby-Dedede, Pikachu-Pichu, etc... DK alone, something around, K. Rool appears. 'Gangplank Galleon' best remix in history playing, King Croc showdown, DK almost fainted, Dixie appears, 'Homecoming hijinx', Dixie showdown, Smash Ultimate logo, Kongs and K. Rool joke scene, everyone happy, she's an echo but nobody cares, finally justice.

Last edited:

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I also wanna show my support. I think Dixie will be in this game no matter what. She has the potential and relevancy to be a unique fighter, but if she's isn't I think she's a guarenteed echo/semi-echo character (although I'd rather her be unique). Either way I'd love to see her in.

Top Bottom