• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
To the user who trashed K. Rool: it's strictly against this thread's guidelines to start any Dixie vs K. Rool flamewars. Many fans of the kroc are also fans of the kong, and starting problems between the 2 is just inviting fans to fight among themselves and bring us back to the ridiculous days of post Brawl animosity. It makes us all look pathetic; if you're a fan of Dixie only, that's great for this thread, but don't show support by trash-talking a character from the same series. There are FAR more constructive ways to show support than belittling the kroc; those that try to crap on another characters because they really want one are only showing their insecurities, and that goes for any user who promotes one character by attacking the other. Do not make this your lasting impression on the thread.

To everyone who replied: Thank you for not getting too wrapped up in the user's rant and calling them out for their likely troll. Let's move on from this.

InASnowBoundLand InASnowBoundLand REALLY LIKE the animation! Diddy's reaction was great LOL.

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Yeah! I also like the little thing on top of Dixie's beret. There's a lot of talented people taking part in the project. In case you don't know, you can search for the hashtag #dkreanimate to see other people's WIP of their scenes, including those with Dixie in it.

Dixie when you trollin.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Paper Dixie.

Last edited:

KingIceSonic

Smash Journeyman
Dixie Kong is my favorite character of all time.

When they introduced the concepts of echos I felt extremely happy because I feel like her chances went up a bit.

I would much rather have her be unique(I hate Diddy's moveset) but this game will have a smaller amount of newcomers so beggars can't be choosers

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
The very least they could do for her is changing the rocket barrel and giving her hair grabs. But she has the potential to be a unique newcomer.

I think it's good to set expectations higher than lower. If we get disappointed, we get disappointed. Sometimes disappointment is important to voice.

Marcello691

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 0035 6389 6608
It's coming from a randomer on 4chan so probably not unless they have some credibility I don't know about. I'm curious who old man and folklore relate to though
I would be really relieved to see Dixie and K.rool getting announced this month, I've been waiting for years. But I guess it's wishful thinking. I hope we get something smash related this month.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Hello everyone, if all goes well, I should have my Dixie Kong Super Mario Powerup ready by tomorrow. I'm looking forward to showing it.
Dixie Kong is my favorite character of all time.

When they introduced the concepts of echos I felt extremely happy because I feel like her chances went up a bit.

I would much rather have her be unique(I hate Diddy's moveset) but this game will have a smaller amount of newcomers so beggars can't be choosers
Welcome! TBH I wouldn't be cool with her as an echo, and I can't even see Funky as one either, especially not after Tropicawl Freeze on Switch. Good to have another member show support; would you like to be added to the list?

Do you think this "leak" could be true?
It would be nice to get them revealed this month, but since it's a random dude on the web I won't get my hopes up.

Marcello691

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 0035 6389 6608
Hello everyone, if all goes well, I should have my Dixie Kong Super Mario Powerup ready by tomorrow. I'm looking forward to showing it.

Welcome! TBH I wouldn't be cool with her as an echo, and I can't even see Funky as one either, especially not after Tropicawl Freeze on Switch. Good to have another member show support; would you like to be added to the list?

It would be nice to get them revealed this month, but since it's a random dude on the web I won't get my hopes up.
I really want to see what u did with dixie! Can't wait for tomorrow :-)

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
I highly doubt we're getting 11 more characters, even if some of those could be Echo Fighters or semi-clones. The "everyone is here" concept and the reworking of veterans likely took up the bulk of development, and Sakurai himself said not to expect too many newcomers. Combined with the returning vets and newcomers already revealed, that would bring the total amount of added characters to 21. That seems highly unrealistic to me, though I would obviously be happy with getting Dixie, K. Rool, Geno, and Decidueye.

Last edited:

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
It's a random 4chan "leak," but on the other hand most of the real leaks do come out of 4chan. Probably fake, but could still be fun to speculate who the poster is trying to get at.

King and Ponytail - Obviously getting at a King K. Rool and Dixie Kong double reveal.
Old Man - ...No idea. Cranky Kong is the only one that comes to mind, but given the above and the general unlikelihood of him, I can't see it happening. I know very little of Castlevania, but could it be referring to Simon Belmont? He's a vampire so would be very old, right? I also saw a suggestion it could be Heihachi, which wouldn't surprise me.
Archer - Decidueye first comes to mind, but could also be Revali. Or Emiya Shirou.
Warrior & Secretary - Warrior is very vague, but Secretary pretty much has to be Isabelle. Since this is said to be a Smash focused direct these two don't necessarily need to be related. Perhaps Warrior refers to a character from a Warriors game? Lana? Impa? Wouldn't be anyone from FEW, so someone from HW.
Mech - Elma or Cross, I'd imagine.
Rhythm - Rhythm Heaven rep.
Folklore - This seems like it would be the historical character of the game (Game & Watch, R.O.B., Duck Hunt). Daitoryo?
Doll - Geno.
Prime Ribs - Dark Samus?

Regardless, we'll know for sure by the end of the month.

Coofle DeDoofle

Smash Apprentice
It's a random 4chan "leak," but on the other hand most of the real leaks do come out of 4chan. Probably fake, but could still be fun to speculate who the poster is trying to get at.

King and Ponytail - Obviously getting at a King K. Rool and Dixie Kong double reveal.
Old Man - ...No idea. Cranky Kong is the only one that comes to mind, but given the above and the general unlikelihood of him, I can't see it happening. I know very little of Castlevania, but could it be referring to Simon Belmont? He's a vampire so would be very old, right? I also saw a suggestion it could be Heihachi, which wouldn't surprise me.
Archer - Decidueye first comes to mind, but could also be Revali. Or Emiya Shirou.
Warrior & Secretary - Warrior is very vague, but Secretary pretty much has to be Isabelle. Since this is said to be a Smash focused direct these two don't necessarily need to be related. Perhaps Warrior refers to a character from a Warriors game? Lana? Impa? Wouldn't be anyone from FEW, so someone from HW.
Folklore - This seems like it would be the historical character of the game (Game & Watch, R.O.B., Duck Hunt). Daitoryo?
Doll - Geno.
Prime Ribs - Dark Samus?

We went over this in the K Rool thread and decided these were the most likely characters:

King and Ponytail - King K Rool and Dixie Kong
Old Man - Heihachi Mishima
Archer - Decidueye
Warrior and Secretary - Simon Belmont (tho Lana or Impa could be likely) and Isabelle
Mech - Elma
Rhythm - Chorus Kids, Karate Joe, or any Rhythm Heaven rep
Folklore - Jibanyan (or maybe Ashley?)
Doll - Geno
Prime Ribs - Dark Samus

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
We went over this in the K Rool thread and decided these were the most likely characters:

Archer - Decidueye
Warrior and Secretary - Simon Belmont (tho Lana or Impa could be likely) and Isabelle
Mech - Elma
Doll - Geno
Prime Ribs - Dark Samus
Humoring it as real, I don't think a third-party character (Jibanyan) would be revealed after the game's release.

Is there any specific reason why Simon Belmont would be the warrior?

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Doesn't mean too much but the smashbros site has Kongo Jungle up as part of this week's update. I really like the detail they've given it. I'm hoping any brand new stages we might get aren't Jungle-Oriented, since we'll have a good number of those types already coming back.

Archer - Decidueye
Mech - Elma
Doll - Geno
Prime Ribs - Dark Samus
Heihachi! That makes sense, but how does Prime Ribs relate to DS? Is it because of the word Prime?

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Doesn't mean too much but the smashbros site has Kongo Jungle up as part of this week's update. I really like the detail they've given it. I'm hoping any brand new stages we might get aren't Jungle-Oriented, since we'll have a good number of those types already coming back.

Heihachi! That makes sense, but how does Prime Ribs relate to DS? Is it because of the word Prime?
I'd say. I can't see any other explanation, and Dark Samus is widely considered one of the most likely Echo Fighters.

However, I have a problem with how vague the Warrior hint is. I've seen most people say Simon Belmont is Warrior, but the only reason why people say it's him is because of the Vergeben leak, and "Warrior" is the closest to describing Simon. In reality, it could also be Impa, Bandanna Dee, Isaac or a Fire Emblem character and still be "right". The rest of the hints are very specific and point towards popular and plausible characters, but because Warrior is so vague, it can serve as catch-all in case it misses a character.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
I'd say. I can't see any other explanation, and Dark Samus is widely considered one of the most likely Echo Fighters.

However, I have a problem with how vague the Warrior hint is. I've seen most people say Simon Belmont is Warrior, but the only reason why people say it's him is because of the Vergeben leak, and "Warrior" is the closest to describing Simon. In reality, it could also be Impa, Bandanna Dee, Isaac or a Fire Emblem character and still be "right". The rest of the hints are very specific and point towards popular and plausible characters, but because Warrior is so vague, it can serve as catch-all in case it misses a character.
If we actually get to October and this hasn't yet been proven false, I don't think we'll be saying this about it.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
If we actually get to October and this hasn't yet been proven false, I don't think we'll be saying this about it.
Fair enough. If it nails the announcement schedule up to then, it will be harder to doubt. I can't think of any upcoming occasions for Pokemon in September that could tie in with Decidueye being announced, as well as DK stuff for this month.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
So what are peoples thoughts about Dixie coming in with the tag team system like was originally planned for brawl but instead of Diddy and Dixie it's Dixie and Kiddy?
I know a LOT of people don't like Kiddy Kong. but I'd really like to see the tag system translated into smash.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
So what are peoples thoughts about Dixie coming in with the tag team system like was originally planned for brawl but instead of Diddy and Dixie it's Dixie and Kiddy?
I know a LOT of people don't like Kiddy Kong. but I'd really like to see the tag system translated into smash.
It would depend on how it's implemented.

Based on what we know and what Sakurai said, I imagined his vision for the tag team system to be a mix of Zelda/Sheik and Ice Climbers. Like Zelda/Sheik pre Smash 4, the two would have different movesets and could be swapped out, but like Ice Climbers, they would both be present at all times and some of their attacks would utilize both members. You could also lose one and be left weaker as a result.

If we got something like that...I'd need to see it in action, but I think it could be pretty cool. Besides, we'd still more-or-less be able to solo main Dixie (or Kiddy), just without a down special. And, to be fair, given how different they are, a Dixie/Kiddy tag team would probably be more interesting than a Diddy/Dixie tag team would be.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
No thank you, I'd rather just have ny solo dixie and they really don't need to be wasting time on kiddy kong of all characters

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Doll - Geno.
Prime Ribs - Dark Samus?

IDK if anyone corrected you, but Simon Belmont is not a vampire. He's part of a long line of vampire hunters.

The Castlevania games take place over the generations following primarily the Belmont family.

So one generation there is Richter, another there is Simon, another there is Trevor etc.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Yo! I just realized that if we get a Tropical Freeze-inspired stage, Dixie's chances are much more likely!

Agreed, in the "Warrior's" case it'd be wise to make a list of all the characters that applies to, instead of assuming one character is guaranteed. There's not many kings and ponytails I can think of, so those conclusions are pretty logical.

SeashoreWar

Smash Journeyman
It really would've been interesting if Dixie had made it into Brawl with Diddy as a tag team. Cause then they would've gotten split up for Smash 4 (hopefully Dixie would have still made the cut since Diddy has higher priority). Then there would've been the possibility of them going back together for Ultimate.

It wouldn't have been a 100% guarantee since Zelda/Sheik and Samus/ZSS are still separate, but Charizard is going back to Pokemon Trainer. I wonder how we would've felt about it!

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
It really would've been interesting if Dixie had made it into Brawl with Diddy as a tag team. Cause then they would've gotten split up for Smash 4 (hopefully Dixie would have still made the cut since Diddy has higher priority). Then there would've been the possibility of them going back together for Ultimate.

It wouldn't have been a 100% guarantee since Zelda/Sheik and Samus/ZSS are still separate, but Charizard is going back to Pokemon Trainer. I wonder how we would've felt about it!
They might not have gotten split up, they could've just been cut like the IC's if Sakurai was really loyal to the idea.

pepiux

Smash Apprentice

Archer - Decidueye
Mech - Elma
Doll - Geno
Prime Ribs - Dark Samus
Apparently "Prime Ribs" is a reference to Ninten's favorite food.

I don't know why this leak keeps getting attention. It's on multiple websites and youtube now.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Even back then, it wouldn't make much sense. If there was gonna be a tag team, it would have made more sense for Diddy to be tacked on to DK (which would still be a dumb idea). DK and Diddy were partners for much more games than Diddy and Dixie. And at this rate, the DK/Dixie pairing will be in more games than a Diddy/Dixie one.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Sadly the scanner I ordered didn't show up today (Thanks Amazon) but I said Friday so bear with me for this entry in Dixie's Mario Powerup, using a crustier scanner than DK's and Diddy's:

After seeing what DK and Diddy brought home from Mario's side of reality, Dixie wasted no time finding her own item to claim. She found a peculiar flower, picked it up and transformed into a kong that was made for the skies. Her outfit changed to fit the new climate and stay warm as she became:
Cloud Dixie!

Using the Cloud Flower, Dixie's able to summon 3 fluffy Cloud Buddies to aid her altitude; like the plumbers before her, she's able to jump higher, is blessed with a gentle fallspeed and can create platforms that keep her high in the sky without even needing her hair. With her newfound friends, Dixie spends plenty of time off the ground, watching horizons during sunset and molding clouds to make humorous--but sometimes inappropriate--sculptures for pranks, She's been seen shaping ominous formations over kremling territory and trollworthy, but sometimes sweet shapes everywhere else. She truly enjoys the power and uses it to explore, believing herself to be some type of demi-goddess of the sky.

But it doesn't end there however, cuz with her newfound floatiness and cloud control, Dixie's got abilities that no other kong could pull off, even with their own Cloud Flower. Dixie's now able to swim through any cluster of clouds, mists, fog, dust, smoke, and even nebulae. And while her hair is still good for helping her fly--though slightly obsolete in this form--she now generates lightning from her ponytail, allowing her to extend the length of her lightning tail, electrify her cloudy companions AND any inanimate clouds at will; she's highly dangerous in her element now, as a strike from her hair alone will leave a monstrous sting like a lightning bolt's, while the electrically charged environment guarantees foes will be shocked often. Worse yet, her Cloud Buddies have minds of their own, so when Dixie juices them up with lightning they become far more hostile to foes and can attack with or without her command. As she can hide in the clouds as well, it's hard to know when she'll strike directly, if she even bothers to be direct. Her environment and Buddies could do the dirtywork for her while she lounges without a care.

THAT'S the idea for Dixie. The capabilities kept piling on as I drew it so I might've gone overboard. Hope y'all like!

StormC

Smash Hero
Both Diddy and Dixie have more than enough merit to warrant their own playable slot.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Even back then, it wouldn't make much sense. If there was gonna be a tag team, it would have made more sense for Diddy to be tacked on to DK (which would still be a dumb idea). DK and Diddy were partners for much more games than Diddy and Dixie. And at this rate, the DK/Dixie pairing will be in more games than a Diddy/Dixie one.
DKC1 didn't have any kind of team play in it, Donkey and Diddy were functionally very similar. DKC2 introduced some team-based play to it, which is likely why Sakurai had the idea with them.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently "Prime Ribs" is a reference to Ninten's favorite food.

I don't know why this leak keeps getting attention. It's on multiple websites and youtube now.
I really don't think Ninten's going to be a character.

I only think it's getting attention because people want it to be real.

Marcello691

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 0035 6389 6608
Sadly the scanner I ordered didn't show up today (Thanks Amazon) but I said Friday so bear with me for this entry in Dixie's Mario Powerup, using a crustier scanner than DK's and Diddy's:

After seeing what DK and Diddy brought home from Mario's side of reality, Dixie wasted no time finding her own item to claim. She found a peculiar flower, picked it up and transformed into a kong that was made for the skies. Her outfit changed to fit the new climate and stay warm as she became:
Cloud Dixie!

Using the Cloud Flower, Dixie's able to summon 3 fluffy Cloud Buddies to aid her altitude; like the plumbers before her, she's able to jump higher, is blessed with a gentle fallspeed and can create platforms that keep her high in the sky without even needing her hair. With her newfound friends, Dixie spends plenty of time off the ground, watching horizons during sunset and molding clouds to make humorous--but sometimes inappropriate--sculptures for pranks, She's been seen shaping ominous formations over kremling territory and trollworthy, but sometimes sweet shapes everywhere else. She truly enjoys the power and uses it to explore, believing herself to be some type of demi-goddess of the sky.

But it doesn't end there however, cuz with her newfound floatiness and cloud control, Dixie's got abilities that no other kong could pull off, even with their own Cloud Flower. Dixie's now able to swim through any cluster of clouds, mists, fog, dust, smoke, and even nebulae. And while her hair is still good for helping her fly--though slightly obsolete in this form--she now generates lightning from her ponytail, allowing her to extend the length of her lightning tail, electrify her cloudy companions AND any inanimate clouds at will; she's highly dangerous in her element now, as a strike from her hair alone will leave a monstrous sting like a lightning bolt's, while the electrically charged environment guarantees foes will be shocked often. Worse yet, her Cloud Buddies have minds of their own, so when Dixie juices them up with lightning they become far more hostile to foes and can attack with or without her command. As she can hide in the clouds as well, it's hard to know when she'll strike directly, if she even bothers to be direct. Her environment and Buddies could do the dirtywork for her while she lounges without a care.

THAT'S the idea for Dixie. The capabilities kept piling on as I drew it so I might've gone overboard. Hope y'all like!
Oh my.....! This looks so good and fits Dixie extremely well! I really love it, thank you for creating this, would love to see even more, I draw in my spare time too and I can tell that you really put effort into your pictures. Your art style is very beautiful!

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I don't even see how you could adamantly support Dixie or K. Rool and vehemently oppose the other one.

It's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

Cloud Dixie!

Good God Birthnote - I think I forgot eons back that you drew stuff. But this is just phenomenal!

Like, the concept and just this whole traditionally crafted pic screams immense potential for a big artist someday.

Last edited:

PolarisJunkie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PolarisJunkie
3DS FC
0361-7305-7321
I don't even see how you could adamantly support Dixie or K. Rool and vehemently oppose the other one.

It's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
I think a lot of people seem to think its one or the other which is a shame since they really both should have already been in the game right now.

What I'm most worried about is the complete lack of DK anything, not just playable representation but items, assist trophies. We get a few stages here and there but thats always about it. I wonder why that is?

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Dixie has been WAY overdue for the newcomer treatment, count me in as a supporter.

Top Bottom