• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

Justin Little

Smash Ace
Is Vault Boy from Fallout? If so, why choose him over Doom Guy? Steve over Banjo? I guess if both he and Steve managed to get in, then there will be high chances for Doom Guy and Banjo Kazooie as well. As long as Dixie Kong is in as a unique character, I won't be complaining.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Is Vault Boy from Fallout? If so, why choose him over Doom Guy? Steve over Banjo? I guess if both he and Steve managed to get in, then there will be high chances for Doom Guy and Banjo Kazooie as well. As long as Dixie Kong is in as a unique character, I won't be complaining.
Fallout and Minecraft are much bigger than B&K and DOOM, so they'd attract more non-Smash fans. Although, like you said, the former getting in makes the possibility of the latter getting in better. B&K as dlc would also sell like gangbusters.

pepiux

Smash Apprentice
He forget Starman in the AT list.
that mean .. the leak is fake!
Not really, though. I mean, yeah, an omission is a sign that it could be fake. However, it's a fact that guides have a lot of mistakes, and it's also a fact that people make transcribing mistakes.

Why do fake leakers have to ruin there own leaks with picks like "vault boy". At least make it semi believable
It's not too out there. Remember Wii Fit Trainer?

If the leak is fake, it's not because of an odd newcomer choice, and neither because it missed an Assist Trophy. Playing devil's advocate here.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
yeah but wii fit trainer is a first-party character, seems kinda strange to go through the trouble of licensing a third-party character for the same purpose.

that said, i imagine vault boy could have a pretty interesting unique moveset so i'm not completely down on the idea, i just don't think he's got a shot.

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
If you honestly believe Vault Boy is making it into Smash Bros, you must have brain damage.
The Fallout soundtrack is comprised of old American songs for the 50s. There's no way that real world licensed music is making it into the game.

I never met Sakurai, but I'll bet he ain't never played a Western RPG and never will. I am tired of all these Western characters in leaks that clearly will never make it into the game, not in a million years, except maybe as assist trophies (See Shovel Knight). Yes I am aware the DK characters are made in the West, but that's a totally different scenario.

Last edited:

Machete

Smash Ace
Not really, though. I mean, yeah, an omission is a sign that it could be fake. However, it's a fact that guides have a lot of mistakes, and it's also a fact that people make transcribing mistakes.

It's not too out there. Remember Wii Fit Trainer?

If the leak is fake, it's not because of an odd newcomer choice, and neither because it missed an Assist Trophy. Playing devil's advocate here.
I disagree. The conception that we always get completely out there newcomers is so wildly accepted that it's something expected at this point, and that's something any potential leaker knows. The problem is that leakers usually go with any sort of out there newcomers without realizing that, without fail, every single odd newcomer we've ever had made a lot of sense in hindsight. No one predicted Wii Fit Trainer because no one realized that was even a possibility, but once you see her, you realize that she makes a ton of sense as she is the face of one of the highest selling Nintendo games of all time.

Including Vault Boy is simply a mix of the recent Bethesda thing and wanting a weird newcomer no one else would've predicted, but he doesn't have that same sense of "huh, yeah, makes sense" that all other weird newcomers have. I would've believed it a lot more if it had Dovahkiin instead of Vault Boy.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Western third parties are always very unlikely. I only give a small chance to Banjo-Kazooie for the obvious Rare/Nintendo 64 connection, and Rayman, due to Ubisofts huge collaborations with Nintendo like Mario and Rabbids and the upcoming Star Link/Starfox crossover.

And even then I wouldn't expect either till DLC. I don't think there are any more third parties on the base roster, unless you count Geno.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I think Sakurai did play Fall Out actually. He wrote about it on one of his columns. He plays a lot of games.

However, I do not believe for a second that "Vault Boy" will be a character.
I also do not believe "Wii Remote Safety Instructor " would be an AT.

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
well we know for a fact he's played undertale so
Western indie RPGs that take huge inspiration from Japanese games like Mother don't count : P
But who knows, maybe Sakurai plays COD and the next newcomer with be Captain price.

Last edited:

cybersai

Smash Ace
Also once again, Sakurai decided the roster in 2015. The reason leaks are obvious fakes is they keep including games or franchises that came out on Switch recently, like all the ridiculous "Doom Guy is likely" posts, just because Doom got a Switch port in 2018.

But that was like...3 years after Sakurai decided the roster. All these fake leak people are delusional and don't even do their research.

pepiux

Smash Apprentice
I disagree. The conception that we always get completely out there newcomers is so wildly accepted that it's something expected at this point, and that's something any potential leaker knows. The problem is that leakers usually go with any sort of out there newcomers without realizing that, without fail, every single odd newcomer we've ever had made a lot of sense in hindsight. No one predicted Wii Fit Trainer because no one realized that was even a possibility, but once you see her, you realize that she makes a ton of sense as she is the face of one of the highest selling Nintendo games of all time.

Including Vault Boy is simply a mix of the recent Bethesda thing and wanting a weird newcomer no one else would've predicted, but he doesn't have that same sense of "huh, yeah, makes sense" that all other weird newcomers have. I would've believed it a lot more if it had Dovahkiin instead of Vault Boy.
I never stated that, if Vault Boy were to be in, he would make sense. I remain neutral, however, and don't think it's impossible.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
If you honestly believe Vault Boy is making it into Smash Bros, you must have brain damage.
The Fallout soundtrack is comprised of old American songs for the 50s. There's no way that real world licensed music is making it into the game.

I never met Sakurai, but I'll bet he ain't never played a Western RPG and never will. I am tired of all these Western characters in leaks that clearly will never make it into the game, not in a million years, except maybe as assist trophies (See Shovel Knight). Yes I am aware the DK characters are made in the West, but that's a totally different scenario.
i don't think we will get vault boy but saying that sakurai dont play western game is stupid.
he got diablo , call of duty... maybe just for collection but i supose he play some western game ..

https://mynintendonews.com/2017/01/08/a-look-at-sakurais-incredible-game-collection/

cybersai

Smash Ace
I wish Dixie showed up more on fake leaks. Even in a lot of these internet polls she's further down then I would have liked. I obviously know it's because K. Rool got the majority of votes for a new DK rep, but sadly it means Dixie now looks less popular even if all the people who wanted K. Rool also want Dixie.

pepiux

Smash Apprentice
Even if vault boy wasn't in the leak it is still a low effort text leak.
It's actually very well-put for being a text leak. The leaker is very well informed and carefully aligned everything with what we know so far (of course it could just be piggybacking too):

1. Vergeben: Incineroar, Square Enix rep, Ken, Minecraft representation
2. Reddit leaker: Incineroar, Isabelle, Square Enix rep, Steve
3. CoroCoro and 5 missing stages: HELIOS One, Poké Floats 2, Overworld, Pac-Maze and Mach Rider
4. Bethesda + Smash: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20..._bros_future_nintendo_exclusives_are_possible
5. Leak appearing before the Prima guide was officially revealed.

The leak is sooo easy to kill that I don't know why a lot of information was provided. We should find out soon if it's fake, but I don't think it should be completely disregarded yet.

Last edited:

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
so just out of curiousity, what song from the dkc series do you most associate with dixie? for whatever reason, mine is mining melancholy from dkc2.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
She's probably the one unique newcomer who shouldn't be worried about that. Whatever music could've been revealed alongside Dixie Kong would pale in comparison to how Gangplank Galleon relates to K.Rool, and how iconic that one track is. If you only get to choose one track from Donkey Kong Country, you should definitely go with Gangplank Galleon. In that scenario, I would imagine Dixie Kong being revealed alongside a Tropical Freeze stage, so K.Rool gets the music and Dixie the stage.

And if Dixie was an echo, the music theory wouldn't even affect her on the first place. So she's pretty safe from that theory.
Am I the only hoping that if Dixie is unique she gets a DKC3 Hot Pursuit remix? That song was already great, now just think of it being remastered.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
If that leak was actually true, I wouldn't even give a dang about certain characters I wouldn't care for if Dixie is in, pretty nothing would kill my 100% satisfaction with Dixie being playable.
Am I the only hoping that if Dixie is unique she gets a DKC3 Hot Pursuit remix? That song was already great, now just think of it being remastered.
Hot Pursuit would be great but I would personally prefer Rockface Rumble. That was my personal favorite of Dkc3 tracks.

Last edited:

pepiux

Smash Apprentice
so just out of curiousity, what song from the dkc series do you most associate with dixie? for whatever reason, mine is mining melancholy from dkc2.
Stickerbrush Symphony! Listening to it again brings back all the memories...

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
GBA Stilt Village, Stickerbrush Symphony, Jib Jig, are the songs I associate with Dixie.

What if we get Stilt Village (SNES) for her trailer?

pepiux

Smash Apprentice
GBA Stilt Village, Stickerbrush Symphony, Jib Jig, are the songs I associate with Dixie.

What if we get Stilt Village (SNES) for her trailer?
Jib Jig!!! That's the one I was looking for and couldn't find. Comes after Stickerbrush Symphony for me :)

Marcello691

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 0035 6389 6608
I don't know why but one of the songs I do associate most with dixie is snakey chantey from dkc2, I think it would fit very well for her potential reveal trailer as well even though the start of the song is a remix from gangplank galleon!
Also forest interlude and dixie beat reminds me of her too :-)

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I don't care what DKC song they reveal with Dixie as long as it isn't yet ANOTHER version of Jungle Hijinx. I can't guys, I just simply CAN'T anymore...I LOVED Jungle Hijinx it was one of my favorite videogame tunes but the overuse by Nintendo in general as well as Smash Bros. has made me grow tired of the song ESPECIALLY when DKC has some of the BEST music tracks in all of gaming. Yet we constantly only get one track remixed over and over again....

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
I don't care what DKC song they reveal with Dixie as long as it isn't yet ANOTHER version of Jungle Hijinx. I can't guys, I just simply CAN'T anymore...I LOVED Jungle Hijinx it was one of my favorite videogame tunes but the overuse by Nintendo in general as well as Smash Bros. has made me grow tired of the song ESPECIALLY when DKC has some of the BEST music tracks in all of gaming. Yet we constantly only get one track remixed over and over again....
Why not a King of Cling remix? (This is a bad joke)

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
I don't have a song associated with Dixie, but I'd go with Mangrove Cove from Tropical Freeze, since that was what played during her gameplay trailer. It's whimsical and upbeat, which fits her personality.
https://youtu.be/HYOU85cFVqw

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
That's actually a good choice. Although I think that song is one of the weaker songs in Tropical Freeze. And it's everywhere in the advertising!

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Not gonna lie, I heard Mangrove Cove Underwater for the 1st time a few months ago, despite having Tropical Freeze for 4 years, and it's really something special:

Top Bottom