• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
DK is finally getting some love with Klap Trap AT and K. Rool being revealed. I don't think they will stop there, Dixie will probably be shown eventually along with other top newcomers (The pokemon, an indie rep, and Isabelle).

cybersai

Smash Ace
So someone brought up how Chrom has one of Ike's moves, making it seem like echoes can be hyrbids.

What if Dixie has moves of DK/Diddy combined? Like her Up+B would be similar to DK's arm spin but of course using her hair instead? Her regular moves will probably be a similar roll and kicks like DK or Diddy. Maybe swap out the peanut gun for some bubble gum stuff.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
If she's an echo, that would've been the best time to show her. There's still hope that she's in the game, AND unique!

Remember, once Rosalina got in people including me thought that was it for Mario characters, and even then most expected a clone from Browser Jr. (not me). But what happened in the end? He got leaked, a trailer of his own with Rosalina in it AND a unique moveset. Don't put all your faith into uniqueness but don't assume Echo either.

And I just wanna point out that (Meta) Ridley was in Dark Samus's debut game, when she was still Metroid Prime. Ridley was also working for her, as she had all the Space Pirates hooked on and snorting Phazon by Metroid Prime 3.

Last edited:

cybersai

Smash Ace
I still expect Dixie. As long as she has her hair spin and her hair throw, and new animations, I'll be fine with some sort of hybrid character.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
My only problem is at stages. It said in the direct that there was 103 stages, all of which are accounted for on the site right now. I wonder if we've actually seen every stage now.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Though I’m disappointed. I also support K rool

So one more step climbed, echo? dlc?

I do feel Sakurai is going to make more then seven dlc chat like he did back in four.

Last edited:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Also everyone, bear in mind that in order of appearance, DK came first, then Diddy, K. Rool, then Dixie. If she's in the game, Dixie might be in that order.

cybersai

Smash Ace
My only problem is at stages. It said in the direct that there was 103 stages, all of which are accounted for on the site right now. I wonder if we've actually seen every stage now.
I doubt it's all the stages either. Sakurai worked on Starfox's Orbital Gate level on Wii-U for 1 full year, and that hasn't been confirmed returning yet. No way did Sakurai put all that work into the level to axe it.

Also the DKCR level from Wii-U hasn't returned either, maybe it'll be shown with Dixie.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I doubt it's all the stages either. Sakurai worked on Starfox's Orbital Gate level on Wii-U for 1 full year, and that hasn't been confirmed returning yet. No way did Sakurai put all that work into the level to axe it.

Also the DKCR level from Wii-U hasn't returned either, maybe it'll be shown with Dixie.
It's so strange that there are wii u stages missing, all you have to do is port them over, there's no need to update them or anything

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
So now that we've seen K Rool and Dixie's nowhere to be found, I'm not too hopeful on her chances. Still she's not disconfirmed. Also, now that we've seen Chrom, we know some moves can be changed. Dixie could be an echo

cybersai

Smash Ace
So now that we've seen K Rool and Dixie's nowhere to be found, I'm not too hopeful on her chances. Still she's not disconfirmed. Also, now that we've seen Chrom, we know some moves can be changed. Dixie could be an echo
I think Dixie is still very likely. It doesn't make sense not to include her at all. She may not be a fully unique character which is why she's not in the trailers as the echoes aren't. I can see her being a hybrid.

SeashoreWar

Smash Journeyman

Yeah I can't imagine there won't be anymore stages revealed in the next 4 months. Especially if there's a newcomer from a series not yet represented in Smash.

Is there a new Pokemon stage? There's always at least 2 new ones in each game if I'm not mistaken.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
Yeah I can't imagine there won't be anymore stages revealed in the next 4 months. Especially if there's a newcomer from a series not yet represented in Smash.

Is there a new Pokemon stage? There's always at least 2 new ones in each game if I'm not mistaken.
I hope this is the case, I'd love to see a Tropical Freeze Stage, or a pokemon stage using absolutely any part of hoenn(I don't care, as it's the only gen of pokemon that has no stages)

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
It was difficult looking at the end screenshot of the K Rool trailer. The trailer wasn’t bad, but the ending image has Donkey Kong in the middle fighting K Rool, while Diddy comes in through the bottom. In the back of my mind, all I could think was, this looks wrong, Dixie should be on the top to even things out, as then it’s Dixie on top, Donkey Kong in the middle, and Diddy at the bottom.

I definitely support Dixie and feel bad for not posting my support sooner. I think she’ll make it, as she comes off like Bandana Waddle Dee to me, you have 3 members but you’re missing a 4th and it’s very noticeable.

Anyway, I think Dixie has a chance to take the Doctor Mario position in this title, where she’s a clone, but only misses being called an echo because one move is changed, in this case it’d be Diddy’s up ward changing to a hair spin.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Also everyone, bear in mind that in order of appearance, DK came first, then Diddy, K. Rool, then Dixie. If she's in the game, Dixie might be in that order.
The more I think about it, the more that would make sense. So either Dixie will be revealed randomly on the site or the next Direct

Cart Boy

Smash Rookie
Bopping in her to say that I'm still cautiously optimistic for Dixie. She certainly would have made sense to reveal today along with K. Rool, but she isn't disconfirmed yet, which is something!

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Dark Samus wasn't revealed alongside Ridley.

Dixie not being shown alongside K. Rool doesn't automatically shoot her chances. Plus, Hybrid Echos are a thing.

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
I actually really like that point! It will be a long wait, but I can't wait for the next direct!

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I loved the Direct, but I'm gonna stay levelheaded about Dixie. Clone or Echo is possible but so is Unique Fighter. I strongly want unique and I'm fine with Wolf-Level "clone", but I'm looking forward to this game and it seems to be living up to the Ultimate name.

I'm a little surprised DS is an Echo, but only because her AT wasn't. As Sakurai pointed out, Simon and Richter had similar moves in their game so I'm interpreting them as a Marth and Roy in Melee case. For Chrom, it seems like that Palutena convo was foreshadowing, now that he's in as an Echo, but the good news about all of this is that we have 4 new fighters and 3 new echoes. We're currently at 7, but I'm focusing on the ones who took significant time so I'll say 4. What we gotta worry about is how many "not too many newcomers" is before we can say what's Dixie's fate.

What I wanna know is how many all-stars are left from Nintendo that haven't been accounted for.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Now that my boy K.Rool is in, all I have left to really care about are Dixie and Isaac.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
Hey guys, I'm a K. Rool supporter, but I wanted to come in here to say don't lose hope! The Direct today showed that 2 newcomers from the same series can be revealed at different times, no reason to surrender anything now. While I'm not a super fan of Dixie, I'd love to see her as a newcomer and I still totally think she can make it.

I wish you guys the best of luck, see ya on the other side :)

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
We're currently at 7, but I'm focusing on the ones who took significant time so I'll say 4. What we gotta worry about is how many "not too many newcomers" is before we can say what's Dixie's fate.

What I wanna know is how many all-stars are left from Nintendo that haven't been accounted for.
Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing. How many more important characters are there that could be added over her? If she misses the initial roster she has to be DLC in the future. I'm sure they will capitalize on DLC this time around too.

SeashoreWar

Smash Journeyman
I guess we could go through all of the series and see who's been deconfirmed and who's a possiblity. We gotta pass the time somehow :laugh:

cybersai

Smash Ace
I hope all K. Rool supporters now come on board to support Dixie. DK fans need to stick together! :D

GravelerChamp60

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys so now that K. Rool is in, I definitely want to throw my support for Dixie's inclusion in Smash. Based on today's direct I think Dixie's chances may have skyrocketed and hopefully she makes it in.

-First of all there was no mention of her at all so that is good news as her chances still live on.
-Metroid has 2 new reps, why can't a more major franchise like DK have 2 reps as well?
-Ridley and Dark Samus revealed in two separate directs.
-Dixie Kong can easily be made by using Diddy's model and she could almost be a semi-clone except with her hair modifications.
-If not then there could always be DLC as long as she isn't an AT.

cybersai

Smash Ace
C'mon, Dixie supporters, she's really the last big "A-list" character missing in Smash. She starred in her own game, and besides Captain Toad who is sadly now deconfirmed, none of the other requested characters can say that.

I feel Dixie has a great chance even if she winds up being something of an Echo. Better than not being in it at all.

Klimax

Smash Ace
I think that Dixie could work as a Diddy/Donkey echo. Look, we said countless times that she couldn't work as a Diddy's echo because having Dixie using a jetpack instead of her hair would be dumb.

But with Chrom, we see that an echo fighter can be a mix between two characters (Roy & Ike for Chrom), so, why not having Dixie being an echo using the Donkey Kong's up special ? I can definitely see Dixie using his up special with her hair.

At this point, i'm pretty confident we'll get Dixie !

pika.thunder25

Smash Rookie
Not even going to lie, I am beyond hyped that K. Rool made it in (and even though Simon was leaked I'm super psyched about him and all the echoes too!!). This direct wayyyy exceeded my expectations; I never in a million years thought 5 characters would be confirmed. That being said, not seeing my most desired fighter at the end did disappoint me. I was giving Dixie a pretty much guaranteed shoo-in before this and now I'm a little skeptical seeing as there was a large focus on DK and Diddy vs. K. Rool. BUT I don't think it's impossible! As others before pointed out, echoes are pretty versatile, and while I'd prefer Dixie to be completely unique, I can see her being a sort of borrowed echo (and I'd be okay with it too!). Plus, Sakurai is clearly focusing on the whole popularity thing and Dixie is one of the most desired fighters and she wasn't given AT status, so I still think she has a good shot as an echo!

GravelerChamp60

Smash Apprentice
Not even going to lie, I am beyond hyped that K. Rool made it in (and even though Simon was leaked I'm super psyched about him and all the echoes too!!). This direct wayyyy exceeded my expectations; I never in a million years thought 5 characters would be confirmed. That being said, not seeing my most desired fighter at the end did disappoint me. I was giving Dixie a pretty much guaranteed shoo-in before this and now I'm a little skeptical seeing as there was a large focus on DK and Diddy vs. K. Rool. BUT I don't think it's impossible! As others before pointed out, echoes are pretty versatile, and while I'd prefer Dixie to be completely unique, I can see her being a sort of borrowed echo (and I'd be okay with it too!). Plus, Sakurai is clearly focusing on the whole popularity thing and Dixie is one of the most desired fighters and she wasn't given AT status, so I still think she has a good shot as an echo!
Yes, but don't loose hope, I mean Ridley and dark Samus were revealed in separate directs plus they revealed the most hyped character out of the two first which was Ridley! So there isn't really any rules as to how Sakurai reveals characters anymore.

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer

That's pretty much what is keeping my hope alive for Dixie being in. She wasn't an Assist Trophy! She's gotta be in. She may not have been in the trailer but she wasn't deconfirmed as AT either. I just think it would be absolutely crazy if she wasn't playable AND not even acknowledged as an AT. I feel that can't possibly happen. Dixie may not have been as loud as other fandoms but I'm pretty sure she is on the radar. Sakurai is fully aware of Dixie if she was a scrapped Brawl character.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well thanks to Chrom, she can be an Echo and still use her hair as her recovery.

Win-win-win.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Man this direct was hype! I'm so excited that finally, finally K. Rool makes his return in glorious fashion! I believe Dixie will be in too and hopefully as a unique fighter or Wolf semi-clonish character. I ain't losing hope yet. This is a victory for the DKC series that for the first time since Brawl, we finally got a DKC newcomer in K. Rool. It's time to put our energy into getting Dixie playable. My gut feeling is that she is in and will get her own trailer in the near future.

Top Bottom