• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

SuperNintendoChalmers

Banned via Warnings
Don't know if this has been posted already, but the person behind the captivating Bramble Scramble DKC2 HD remake/redux has created another level:

It's glorious! Always been a fan of most of the levels which centre on the skill of each particular animal buddy, although this one isn't as intense or focused on the animal abilities like say Web Woods or Buzzer Barrage.

I appecriate the little changes, like the sound Dixie makes when her hair twirls, the splash and sound of the honey when the Kongs land in it.

An updated and remodelled DKC trilogy would be a real shot in the arm for the series, this is a damn good effort regardless.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Don't know if this has been posted already, but the person behind the captivating Bramble Scramble DKC2 HD remake/redux has created another level:

It's glorious! Always been a fan of most of the levels which centre on the skill of each particular animal buddy, although this one isn't as intense or focused on the animal abilities like say Web Woods or Buzzer Barrage.

I appecriate the little changes, like the sound Dixie makes when her hair twirls, the splash and sound of the honey when the Kongs land in it.

An updated and remodelled DKC trilogy would be a real shot in the arm for the series, this is a damn good effort regardless.
Beautiful, just beautiful. I wish we had a official remake of DKC2.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If we'd get any remake, I think the original game would be the first obviously. It's also the one game of the original Rare DKC trilogy that could really use some polish honestly. So there's a lot to gain for the original DKC from a remake. Utilize the Kong buddy system better, include throws for example, give DK and Diddy more distinct abilities that you really want to switch between them more, like increase Diddy's speed more and increase DK's power more and his durability or anything. Rework the levels a little, add more levels, add stuff to do on the world map, rework the bosses a little, make the K.Rool fight more difficult for example and make all bigger regular enemy bosses just simple mid bosses and add new bosses in their place or something.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
In light of recent events, let's remember the good times.

SuperNintendoChalmers

Banned via Warnings
In light of recent events, let's remember the good times.

That DK64 figure's eyes are giving me the heebie jeebies.

The DK statue used to promote Tropical Freeze was at Nintendo New York, along with a DK barrel which had powerpoints to charge devices. Apparently both have been removed as of 2019 according to visitors....unsure where it is now, maybe in storage.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
War from last weekend discussing the best and worst DK Boxarts.

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
War from last weekend discussing the best and worst DK Boxarts.

All of them are really good minus King of Swing (Then you wonder why Jungle Climber went back to a 3D cover). And despite the Rare models being so "early CGI" they still look pretty good to this day to be honest, they look fresh and unique compared to the cartoonish post-Rare DK.
My favorite ones would be GBA DKC1, DKC2, DK Land II (Hand down my favorite one in terms of look), Diddy Kong Racing, DK Land III, DK64 and Tropical Freeze due to how well they portray the theme and spirit of their overall games (Well, in 64's case they forgot an important detail, there are no beavers).

Also, it's just me or does Kiddy look much better in the covers than he does in the actual game?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Video Game Sisters, retweeted by the Dixie Twitter.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
You know I actually hope someday after Dixie get's in the roster that Lanky and Tiny can get in Smash as well. I want to see the 64 Kongs return especially Lanky.

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Got tired of waiting on Nintendo to make a DK amiibo line so I did my own. If I was good with paint I would've made the bases barrel designed.

20200318_205723.jpg

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
I will send you links to the supplies you need in DM. All you need is a 2.5" World of Nintendo Dixie figure. Someone selling an amiibo base and super glue. Then you are all set.
*sigh* I'm a disaster with manualities. So let's just leave it there. I will wait for that official Dixie amiibo to come out some day.

New Donkey Kong game announced

213ss9.jpg

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
So i've been playing Project+ lately which has a few characters with glide moves that can be cancelled with aerial attacks, essentially giving them a mild air dash. I think this idea could be applied well to Dixie Kong; she can glide with her side-B in much the same way as the SNES DKC games, but then she can cancel the glide at any time with an aerial.

I think this is both true to the character, and a unique-enough mechanic that would excite people who otherwise wouldn't have been interested.

SeashoreWar

Smash Journeyman
Donkey Kong Racing Wave 9

What would it be without some guest characters!
  • Banjo & Kazooie
  • Conker
  • Dillon & Russ
  • Yooka & Laylee (with a chameleon hoodie so Laylee can hang out there)

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Jungle Japes painting.

I sure wish I could see Dixie Kong on this stage some day. Along with Kongo Falls and Kongo Jungle.
They should rename that stage "Cranky's Cabin" and rebrand it as DKC1. It looks absolutely nothing like Jungle Japes.

That's beautiful, but they should absolutely give Diddy an animation when Dixie is gliding. I hate that he's just frozen in time and space.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord

• Banjo & Kazooie
  • Conker
  • Dillon & Russ

Woah! Those might be some of your best ones! Great job on all of them. Is Yooka's belly supposed to be a design on the hoodie or does he have a big cut out exposing his belly? Speaking of which, I kinda like Yoooka's chubbier proportions there, too.

I'll post it tomorrow!

SeashoreWar

Smash Journeyman
Woah! Those might be some of your best ones! Great job on all of them. Is Yooka's belly supposed to be a design on the hoodie or does he have a big cut out exposing his belly? Speaking of which, I kinda like Yoooka's chubbier proportions there, too.

I'll post it tomorrow!
Wow thanks! It's supposed to be a design on the hoodie mimicking his belly. I was thinking about putting the Playtonic logo in there so maybe it would be more obvious. Yeah I made him shorter and gave him more defined arms and legs. Dillon too. They probably wouldn't look right next to everyone else if I didn't :laugh:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker

• Banjo & Kazooie
  • Conker
  • Dillon & Russ

I find it interesting that you included Dillon in this. I like the choice. Though is there a connection between Dillon and the DK world?

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I find it interesting that you included Dillon in this. I like the choice. Though is there a connection between Dillon and the DK world?
Yeah I was wondering this myself. The only thing that comes to mind was their was a rumor a few years back that Monster Games was working on a Diddy Kong Racing sequel and it would feature lesser known Nintendo characters like Dillion and Rusty from Rusty's Real Deal Baseball. Maybe its a reference to that.

Also if Dillion was tied to any other Nintendo series I feel it would be Star Fox over Donkey Kong...Dillion characters look like they could be plopped right into a Star Fox game and not skip a beat. Either Star Fox or Sonic.

Last edited:

SeashoreWar

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I was wondering this myself. The only thing that comes to mind was their was a rumor a few years back that Monster Games was working on a Diddy Kong Racing sequel and it would feature lesser known Nintendo characters like Dillion and Rusty from Rusty's Real Deal Baseball. Maybe its a reference to that.

Also if Dillion was tied to any other Nintendo series I feel it would be Star Fox over Donkey Kong...Dillion characters look like they could be plopped right into a Star Fox game and not skip a beat. Either Star Fox or Sonic.
Yeah a lot of rosters I saw had Dillon on there and I thought Dillon and Russ fit in pretty well with the DK characters. Most of the other Dillon characters could definitely be in Star Fox though lol

Top Bottom