• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

cybersai

Smash Ace
We were all so certain we wouldn't get a 6th Fire Emblem character last DLC cycle. Don't need to make conclusions before they happen, especially since Banjo freaking Kazooie just got in.
This whole defeatist attitude is exactly why Dixie gets passed over again and again. K Rool and Banjo were both less likely, but their fans screamed to the heavens, even in the face of "never gonna make it in" and they eventually made it in.
We have this weird paradox where Dixie is both too obvious and impossible to happen. If you want to avoid Dixie being passed over again later on, we as a whole need to scream as well.
Yep, problem is there's only 2 more slots in this DLC and it's likely to continue to be third party.

If we get a Season 2 DLC pass she does have a chance, even if they're probably more likely to go with current characters like Gen 8 pokemon, Spring Man or Rex might get their chance, new Fire Emblem guy, or even Travis Touchdown or the Astral Plane characters....who knows.

What I mean though is a lot of the heavy hitters are in now, so just be default the characters who were requested but not as big as the others, have "climbed some ranks" so to speak. Dixie, Toad and Waluigi are the a few of the big 3 recurring Nintendo all-stars constantly in new games, besides other long requests like Geno, etc.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
With Banjo in Dixie is easily my most wanted now. Sadly I’m not optimistic about her being on the Pass but the amount of love for the Nintendo era of Rare has me hopeful about one day.

Kritter

Smash Cadet
I've been lurking for months on the Banjo-Kazooie thread, but now that they are in I decided it was time to make an account and throw my support behind Dixie!

I grew up with the SNES. DKC2 is my favorite game of all time, and my top 3 for Smash were King K. Rool, Banjo-Kazooie, and Dixie Kong. Now I want to complete the trifecta! Back before K. Rool was announced I had a strange optimism that all 3 would make it into Ultimate. The fact that the Brawl and Sm4sh DK stages were cut made me think they would bring in Dixie with a Tropical Freeze stage. I still think it's a possibility, but probably not as part of the Fighters Pass. I'm holding out hope that they will release a few individual characters like they did with Piranha Plant. If the Fighters Pass is all 3rd party, maybe there will be a few 1st Party echoes released individually. While I don't want Dixie as an echo, I'll take her any way I can get her right now (after all, many clones/echoes have developed and become pretty unique as the games progress).

If we get Dixie, I will be satisfied and feel that the game is complete. If you really pushed me for more, the only other characters I care about are Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Rayman, and Bomberman. A Funky Kong clone would be cool, but I want Dixie in first.

Klimax

Smash Ace
For a second, when I saw DK, I though Dixie was coming.
As Gregg Mayles said, Dixie Kong is next ! Well I don't think she's coming this game but damn, they better bring her to the party for the next Smash. Or **** spirits and let's put her in the game.

Ghostwolf35

Smash Cadet
Screenshot_28.png

The Banjo trailer just gave me an idea. You know how K.Rool was just chillin' with Diddy and DK? What if in the new DKC game, K.Rool helped the Kongs against a common enemy. Using the snomads as an example, let's say that they also took over the Kremlings' home island. Having K.Rool back as a villain would probably be best, but I think that would be pretty cool too. Just imagine being able to use K.Rool, Diddy, DK, and of course, Dixie with up to 4-players. All of them would have their unique abilities too.

Honestly, I'm just waiting for a new DK game of any sorts, so I'll take whatever, but I'm at least hoping that all the characters could be used in single player without having to beat the game first. My dream would be if Nintendo decided to make up for the long drought of mainline DK game after DK 64 with multiple new DK games in the next 5 years. Oh yeah, and put Dixie in Smash.

Last edited:

FancySmash

Smash Lord
View attachment 227592

The Banjo trailer just gave me an idea. You know how K.Rool was just chillin' with Diddy and DK? What if in the new DKC game, K.Rool helped the Kongs against a common enemy. Using the snomads as an example, let's say that they also took over the Kremlings' home island. Having K.Rool back as a villain would probably be best, but I think that would be pretty cool too. Just imagine being able to use K.Rool, Diddy, DK, and of course, Dixie with up to 4-players. All of them would have their unique abilities too.

Honestly, I'm just waiting for a new DK game of any sorts, so I'll take whatever, but I'm at least hoping that all the characters could be used in single player without having to beat the game first. My dream would be if Nintendo decided to make up for the long drought of mainline DK game after DK 64 with multiple new DK games in the next 5 years. Oh yeah, and put Dixie in Smash.
I thought of that, a DK game where the two are reluctant allies. I also kinda saw this as coming full circle. If I recall, the original story as to why K. Rool stole the banana horde was to starve the Kongs so he could take the the tree house. Well, K. Rool doesn't seem all that hostile to DK or Diddy in this trailer, and... we see him resting with them in the tree house. Maybe... he finally got what he wanted? Probably not, most likely just more pacified for the time being.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I'm genuinely happy about Banjo & Kazooie; I nearly shouted while at my workdesk. This is amazing on so many levels: a MICROSOFT CHARACTER (not simply 3rd Party--a 1st Party COMPETITOR), a western-created and owned IP, and an N64 icon all in one! I love the way Banjo looks; he's actually more muscular than in his games, plus they mixed in some Banjo-Tooie moves! You guys wouldn't believe me, but if I ever did get around to drawing a Banjo moveset I would've used Wonder Wing as his Side B, and that's what his official Side B is!

With all this buzz going on I want to share a sneak peek at one of my upcoming drawings:
DKRAY01 Sample.jpg

I'm not ready to share it with the rest of the world so PLEASE keep it here.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I'm genuinely happy about Banjo & Kazooie; I nearly shouted while at my workdesk. This is amazing on so many levels: a MICROSOFT CHARACTER (not simply 3rd Party--a 1st Party COMPETITOR), a western-created and owned IP, and an N64 icon all in one! I love the way Banjo looks; he's actually more muscular than in his games, plus they mixed in some Banjo-Tooie moves! You guys wouldn't believe me, but if I ever did get around to drawing a Banjo moveset I would've used Wonder Wing as his Side B, and that's what his official Side B is!

With all this buzz going on I want to share a sneak peek at one of my upcoming drawings:
View attachment 227599
I'm not ready to share it with the rest of the world so PLEASE keep it here.
Whoa this is really good!

Toady

Smash Cadet
NNID
DrToadigerr
3DS FC
3480-2729-9032
Switch FC
SW-4465-1459-3015
After the disappointment that was Smash 4 newcomers for me, Ultimate has treated me well. So far we've checked off K. Rool and now Banjo which is crazy. That leaves Bandana Dee and Dixie Kong as my top two wishes. Dixie seemed so right for this game with Echoes being a thing, and in the back of my mind I still hope we'll get an Echo Fighter update that includes a few new ones (they made such a big deal out of it when they announced them, surprising that there's only like 5 of them). I feel like Dixie would be a shoo-in there, and Funky would be great too. Dixie really is the last Nintendo All-Star and if it weren't for DK reps always coming in way overdue (Diddy not until Brawl, K. Rool not until Ultimate), I'm sure she'd be in by now and we'd legit already be talking about characters like Funky and Cranky realistically. I'm not trying to be a downer, but as a huge fan of all things DK (and its expanded universe), I feel like Dixie is very unlikely to take up one of the two remaining spots. Hence why I'm still cautiously optimistic about the possibility of her being an Echo if they do something like that. (Bandana Dee on the other hand... If it weren't for that stupid Fire Emblem game launching, I'd feel like he would have to be the front runner for a first party DLC rep with his popularity. But that's for another thread!)

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I kinda get it. Banjo' s trailer does begin like "another DKC character is announced". But when you realize that Nintendo is not gonig to add more DKC character especially for DLC, you'll know that it's "a new character that DK knows but s/he is not a DKC character", this would soon lead us to Banjo or Conker.

Hope that Dixie can at least be an echo soon.
Which is funny because DK and Banjo were never in an official game before at the same time. So wouldn't it somewhat make sense for Diddy to star in that one more than Banjo since they were in Diddy Kong Racing together?

The King K. Rool sleeping with the Kongs had a wtf vibe with me for a moment there XD

Luigi player

Smash Master
When the last Smash trailer started I was somehow thinking... "Porky...?", lol. Cuz of the heroes vs villains theme again that we saw at K. Rools reveal. It was nice seeing DK, Diddy and K. Rool part of the images this time, though.

I was caught off guard when we transitioned to DKs house again... now with K. Rool..?! I was somehow hoping "wtf, do we get Dixie or what?!". I kinda didn't believe it, but it was so weird/unexpected and not impossible...

I didn't clearly see the thing that rolled by so I wasn't spoiled until the Kazooie Shadow on the window, but of course I knew Dixie wouldn't be outside making everything shake... since I believed the Vergeben leaks I was expecting Banjo from the start, but didn't really think of it with the villains or in the trailer with DK.

It was pretty hype seeing Banjo & Kazooie finally back, not gonna lie... of course I would've liked Dixie more, but it's finally another new character I like so I'm happy.

That was kinda a missed opportunity for her, though. :/

Last edited:

Akg0001

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Akin01
This game is almost perfect!

Only missing Dixie Kong!!!

And only 1 Xenoblade character feels a bit wrong too...

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
If only Dixie and Conker were there...then the whole Rare family would be complete!

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
I was thinking we were going to get a villain once the villain pictures showed. Medusa was the first to come to mind for me.

Once we cut to the DK yawn though, I was like "Ah, DK is a Rare character, I see what's going on now. This is Banjo."

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Oooh!

Idea!

What if in Smash 6, Shantae gets in first... and then at a later date, there’s a new Smash trailer that starts out the same way as King K. Rool and Banjo-Kazooie’s trailers did... and we see a shadow of Dixie Kong! We think Dixie Kong is finally in, but it is Shantae... she laughs at us but then Dixie Kong shows up!

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I'm not against Banjo getting in, but seriously **** that trailer. The only connection DKC and Banjo actually have is being made by Rare, why did they copy the same trailer and treat Banjo and Kazooie like DK characters?

Ugh. Not a single newcomer for this game has been someone I personally wanted and this trailer just felt like a troll.
That trailer was absolutely perfect. If the trailer didn't do anything for you than your probably not a Rareware fan. Banjo-Kazooie franchise is a spinoff of the Donkey Kong franchise through Diddy Kong Racing and share the same universe.

Banjo-Kazooie was created from the "Core" DKC team within Rare which is why they share similarities in art style and character design and make constant nods to each other through cameos and references.

Bottom line: If they were going to welcome back Banjo-Kazooie with a cinematic trailer then there was no other better way to do it than with fellow Rareware characters DK, Diddy Kong and King K. Rool.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Bottom line: If they were going to welcome back Banjo-Kazooie with a cinematic trailer then there was no other better way to do it than with fellow Rareware characters DK, Diddy Kong and King K. Rool.
And I love that one of my long-time most-wanted characters for Smash, Duck Hunt Dog, was there to “help” welcome Banjo-Kazooie. :troll:

It would be awesome if Banjo-Kazooie and the Donkey Kong Country characters welcomed Dixie Kong in her trailer in Smash 6.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yep, problem is there's only 2 more slots in this DLC and it's likely to continue to be third party.

If we get a Season 2 DLC pass she does have a chance, even if they're probably more likely to go with current characters like Gen 8 pokemon, Spring Man or Rex might get their chance, new Fire Emblem guy, or even Travis Touchdown or the Astral Plane characters....who knows.

What I mean though is a lot of the heavy hitters are in now, so just be default the characters who were requested but not as big as the others, have "climbed some ranks" so to speak. Dixie, Toad and Waluigi are the a few of the big 3 recurring Nintendo all-stars constantly in new games, besides other long requests like Geno, etc.
I think a second DLC Fighter Pass is actually quite likely. The Switch will stay around for a while, and there will be more strong 1st party games coming just as Zelda BotW 2, Metroid Prime 4, and probably also a Donkey Kong game we haven’t seen yet. We might get new characters out of those games. It’s never too late. With how much love Banjo and K.Rool have been show , I can’t picture Dixie being out forever.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
That trailer was absolutely perfect. If the trailer didn't do anything for you than your probably not a Rareware fan. Banjo-Kazooie franchise is a spinoff of the Donkey Kong franchise through Diddy Kong Racing and share the same universe.

Banjo-Kazooie was created from the "Core" DKC team within Rare which is why they share similarities in art style and character design and make constant nods to each other through cameos and references.

That trailer was perfect but it would have been even better if they revealed Dixie alongside Banjo. They revealed Roy alongside Ryu so it wouldn't have been out of the question.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
That trailer was perfect but it would have been even better if they revealed Dixie alongside Banjo. They revealed Roy alongside Ryu so it wouldn't have been out of the question.
The scene of the K.Rool reveal is iconic and memetic enough at this point to reuse a third time. Third time the charm right? It might take a while, but am quite confident it’ll happen eventually. We just need another DKC title where the focus on the other Kongs but DK isn’t as just a power up item like the Retro games did.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
The scene of the K.Rool reveal is iconic and memetic enough at this point to reuse a third time. Third time the charm right? It might take a while, but am quite confident it’ll happen eventually. We just need another DKC title where the focus on the other Kongs but DK isn’t as just a power up item like the Retro games did.
I really wish Dixie Kong was the free DLC character at the beginning of the DLC instead of the Plant because that would have been her perfect time. Now everyone's expecting super high profile 3rd Party DLC and Dixie's not only an afterthought, but I'm seeing a lot of people who are saying they flat out don't want her at this point and that she would be a "disappointment" after the one's we already have.

I hope for a 2nd Fighter's Pass that would either focus on 1st Party characters or semi-clones/echoes so more people would be open to her then.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I really wish Dixie Kong was the free DLC character at the beginning of the DLC instead of the Plant because that would have been her perfect time. Now everyone's expecting super high profile 3rd Party DLC and Dixie's not only an afterthought, but I'm seeing a lot of people who are saying they flat out don't want her at this point and that she would be a "disappointment" after the one's we already have.

I hope for a 2nd Fighter's Pass that would make people have lower expectations.
I think that echo fighter DLC could happen.

Considering the possibility of Crash Bandicoot getting in, I could see these characters added as echo fighters:

>Dixie as a Diddy one but with a few liberties similar to Ken.
>Kasumi for Joker on the same way.
>Coco Bandicoot for Crash.
>DQ Heroines for the Hero.
>Mach Rider for Captain Falcon / Blaze for Sonic.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I think we can expect new Echo fighters honestly. Having all the Dragon Quest protagonists playable is a huge sign that this might happen, it might give hope for new character alternatives as Alph is to Olimar for example.

For example, we can get a whole lot of Fire Emblem alternative costumes fitting for the likes of Marth, Lucina, Roy and Chrom. There’s a lot of characters that would naturally fit, like Sigurd, Alm, Seliph, Leaf .. maybe some others as well as Eliwood maybe or something.

Anyway, Dixie could have a special treatment amongst these characters. Maybe Waddle Dee and Impa as well, or some silent fan favorite like Slippy Toad. I don’t think it’s over yet for the main Smash franchises. Especially with huge titles as Metroid Prime 4 and Zelda BotW 2: Rise of Zombie Ganondorf coming. Prime 4 might give us an unexpected Metroid newcomer, BotW 2 an unexpected Zelda newcomer, and maybe a new DKC game could give us Dixie finally.

Have some hope and faith. So far it has worked wonders for characters as Sonic, Mega Man, Mewtwo, Roy, Snake, K.Rool, Ridley and Banjo. I mean, what is even our competition at this point? Diddy even received some buffs and is likely gonna be a way more popular character than first, and that would pave a great way for Dixie with a move set similar to Diddy.

It’s time to rally all our Rare loving friends together for this final mission. There’s plenty of us what we’ve seen! Krystal also enjoys continued support despite being deconfirmed as Assist Trophy yet again. The K.Rool Kuttroath thread still lives, Banjo fans are far and wide everywhere on the site... We CAN do this!

Kritter

Smash Cadet
I think we can expect new Echo fighters honestly. Having all the Dragon Quest protagonists playable is a huge sign that this might happen, it might give hope for new character alternatives as Alph is to Olimar for example.

For example, we can get a whole lot of Fire Emblem alternative costumes fitting for the likes of Marth, Lucina, Roy and Chrom. There’s a lot of characters that would naturally fit, like Sigurd, Alm, Seliph, Leaf .. maybe some others as well as Eliwood maybe or something.

Anyway, Dixie could have a special treatment amongst these characters. Maybe Waddle Dee and Impa as well, or some silent fan favorite like Slippy Toad. I don’t think it’s over yet for the main Smash franchises. Especially with huge titles as Metroid Prime 4 and Zelda BotW 2: Rise of Zombie Ganondorf coming. Prime 4 might give us an unexpected Metroid newcomer, BotW 2 an unexpected Zelda newcomer, and maybe a new DKC game could give us Dixie finally.

Have some hope and faith. So far it has worked wonders for characters as Sonic, Mega Man, Mewtwo, Roy, Snake, K.Rool, Ridley and Banjo. I mean, what is even our competition at this point? Diddy even received some buffs and is likely gonna be a way more popular character than first, and that would pave a great way for Dixie with a move set similar to Diddy.

It’s time to rally all our Rare loving friends together for this final mission. There’s plenty of us what we’ve seen! Krystal also enjoys continued support despite being deconfirmed as Assist Trophy yet again. The K.Rool Kuttroath thread still lives, Banjo fans are far and wide everywhere on the site... We CAN do this!
Back with Smash 4 I didn’t like the way Alph was just a pallet swap, but after reading what you said I think it could be cool if it can get us as many characters as possible. We’ll see what happens.

I’m more excited about the idea that a second Fighters Pass could focus on 1st Party characters associated with new releases. The timing seems to line up perfectly, as the new Metroid, Zelda, and probable DK games will reease in 2020-2021. I bet we’ll have another Mario game in that timing, too. Throw in the new Pokemon game and/or Fire Emblem and you have 5 easy picks.

cybersai

Smash Ace
I've always said that even if Dixie is a newcomer, she'll probably share at least some moves with Diddy. Sorta similar to Wolf and Lucas with their counterparts. Dixie will likely use her hair to throw, her helicopter spin as her Up+B, but I can see them keeping the gun just changing it to bubblegum from peanuts, and even the kick move just changed with new animation. A lot of her regular attacks will probably be the same as Diddy's, especially since they took out Diddy's tail whip combo.

That's why I don't understand why she hasn't happened yet. I neither want her to be an echo but don't expect her to be a completely unique newcomer either, and its baffling given graphic-wise Dixie and Diddy share nearly the same frame with different clothes/hair like the Dragon Quest or Fire Emblem characters, etc.

MrGameguycolor

Smash Lord
NNID
MrGameguycolor
Switch FC
7681-9716-5789
I just want to say that after the exciting reveal of Banjo-Kazooie, if there is a chance we get future fighter passes.
All my support goes to our Rareware born sister: Dixie Kong

Don't lose hope!
One more to go!!!

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Pleading myself guilty of this.

I don't know man, at this point having Banjo in the game and trying to rally for Dixie despite things still not looking great for her much, feels rather exhausting to me for now. If we won't be getting 2nd Fighters Pass, then she'd be missing probably biggest boat of all in videogaming history.

I've been wondering a while if to support any character after that Post-Ultimate and it's DLC after that - and it just doesn't feel enough to warrant so much energy from my end anymore like in last speculation eras. And well, the stakes would have been gone after we've reached this point in the series.

Technically anything could happen with last two slots, but I personally doubt Dixie would warrant a hyped spot for Fighters' Pass after last characters we've received so far. I can only hope for a miracle of an exception, much like that to Banjo and Kazooie after all that happened to them Post-Grinch Leak.

Oooh!

Idea!

What if in Smash 6, Shantae gets in first... and then at a later date, there’s a new Smash trailer that starts out the same way as King K. Rool and Banjo-Kazooie’s trailers did... and we see a shadow of Dixie Kong! We think Dixie Kong is finally in, but it is Shantae... she laughs at us but then Dixie Kong shows up!
I wonder still if Shantae's even the trolling type to do that. :laugh:

Maybe the entire punchline would actually have DK, Diddy, K.Rool and presumably B&K expect the character to be another fake out and do an aside glance to the camera.

DK would try to pull the ponytail of the silhouetted character before them - only to get the slam down by it hard. Diddy's face lights up as the ponytail is thrown back....

Signifying Dixie's long-awaited return back to her Crew.

Sounds kinda fun to me IMO.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Pleading myself guilty of this.

I don't know man, at this point having Banjo in the game and trying to rally for Dixie despite things still not looking great for her much, feels rather exhausting to me for now. If we won't be getting 2nd Fighters Pass, then she'd be missing probably biggest boat of all in videogaming history.

I've been wondering a while if to support any character after that Post-Ultimate and it's DLC after that - and it just doesn't feel enough to warrant so much energy from my end anymore like in last speculation eras. And well, the stakes would have been gone after we've reached this point in the series.

Technically anything could happen with last two slots, but I personally doubt Dixie would warrant a hyped spot for Fighters' Pass after last characters we've received so far. I can only hope for a miracle of an exception, much like that to Banjo and Kazooie after all that happened to them Post-Grinch Leak.
Yup, that's why I wish she was in the Plant's place because that was the one 1st party character that was "OK" by the fanbase by virtue of being the preorder bonus. Don't need her in the Fighter's Pass, but at least individual DLC would be nice. Also the Plant is the one character no one would shed any tears over not being in the game tbh.
They gave us Corrin last DLC cycle following Cloud and Ryu so that was the miracle exception back then.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
If only Dixie and Conker were there...then the whole Rare family would be complete!
And Krystal, don't forget about her. ;)

I hope for a 2nd Fighter's Pass that would either focus on 1st Party characters or semi-clones/echoes so more people would be open to her then.
It's sad that some people are still passing Dixie over since now we got K. Rool and Banjo & Kazooie in. Her popularity should skyrocketed now that those two are in, but I guess it's true that the majority of the people that want Dixie Kong are people that played and enjoyed the whole SNES DKC trilogy.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I imagine this thread is about to get a big boost from the KRool\Banjo crowd now that both are in. I think most of the KRool supporters jumped over to Banjo after KRool was announced and now both crowds will jump over here.

SirCamp

Smash Ace
That's true of me. WIth Banjo in my next most wanted are Dixie and Isaac. And of course Isaac is seemingly a nonstarter right now so its really just Dixie for now.

yani

Smash Lord
Another K. Rool / Banjo fan dropping in. Dixie is the missing piece for this roster to be complete for me. Hope she makes it.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
I mean, I guess? I've never played Banjo-Kazooie but DKC2 and 3 are my favorite childhood games, and I've played other Rare games. What qualifies a person to be a "Rareware fan"?

ZelDan

Smash Master
Rare has made a huge amount of games back in the NIntendo days and early Xbox days. Saying someone isn't a Rare fan because they didn't play a couple a few of their games (even if they are some of the more popular ones), seems a bit silly.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Man I am so happy after yesterday's events. Banjo & Kazooie's confirmation made my childhood dream come true. I love the fact that Rare is getting more love in Smash than ever before! B&K plus K. Rool and the additional tracks. The only thing legitimately missing Rare piece is Dixie. I sincerely hope Dixie gets more attention as time moves on. Waluigi and Dixie are my top 2 most wanted characters and both deserve a shot in the roster. Welcome home Banjo & Kazooie!!

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I'm not against Banjo getting in, but seriously **** that trailer. The only connection DKC and Banjo actually have is being made by Rare, why did they copy the same trailer and treat Banjo and Kazooie like DK characters?

Ugh. Not a single newcomer for this game has been someone I personally wanted and this trailer just felt like a troll.
The trailer was a celebration of Nintendo-era Rareware. I'm not sure why this upsets you so much. At no point did they lead you to think it would be Dixie.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
The trailer was a celebration of Nintendo-era Rareware. I'm not sure why this upsets you so much. At no point did they lead you to think it would be Dixie.
I saw the 3 DK characters in a DK setting. Call me crazy, but the idea was in the back of my mind.

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
Pure joy.

If you think Banjo-Kazooie and DK have nothing to do with each other besides being made by Rare, you're sorely mistaken. They're two franchises borne of the same creative vein that even share a universe. We practically did get another DK character announced on Tuesday, only they're also so much more than that. Having any other characters welcome the bear and bird would have been almost sacrilegious.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I personally think that they were pretty considerated for dixie fans throwing that jiggle piece so early, considering that it actually gave away the surprise almost instantly . but certainly managed to temper false hopes in a right time.

i always though that dlc would be 5 new franchises, probably high profile 3rd parties, and now im certainly sure...

it would be interesting if, knowing this.... you consider isaac, ashley, waluigi and lyn fans to actually be lucky? and as a perspective to show that being an assist trophie maybe isnt a curse but a consolation blessing? (as always have been)

At least we shovel knight supporters saw it that way :3

Top Bottom