• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Been wondering on if there's any chance the 2nd Pass is going to be given a preview on this Direct... and if we'll see on if we're gonna get 1st parties this time featured in it. Can't believe this sort of a long wait to see it being a possibility at times.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Been wondering on if there's any chance the 2nd Pass is going to be given a preview on this Direct... and if we'll see on if we're gonna get 1st parties this time featured in it. Can't believe this sort of a long wait to see it being a possibility at times.

I'm thinking we will see the first post Season Pass character in this presentation. I'M REALLY FEELING IT!!!

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Died laughing at another Fire Emblem character. Luckily I love Three Houses and am excited at owning a Byleth amiibo (Though still would've preferred Claude or Edelgard) and look at the bright side First Parties are back on the table. Will be the 2nd DLC character I buy after Banjo.

Last edited:

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
Another blue haired anime sword user from Fire Emblem. Are you actually kidding me?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Pretty apathetic about Byleth. Banjo was the only DLC I bought, cuz he's the only one I'll use from that bunch. Ah well, not upset though, just not interested.

Who's Lesley?
She was a user who wanted more female representation in the roster. She left before the presentation with the mindset we wouldn't be getting a female newcomer in the presentation.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
you know what i hadnt actually considered until now

if dixie gets in, what would her spirit board be? would she have one? like, most dk-related things are already in the game

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
She was a user who wanted more female representation in the roster. She left before the presentation with the mindset we wouldn't be getting a female newcomer in the presentation.
Uhhh... well, about that... I guess we got a bit of some this time?

Nevertheless... 6 slots for two more years, it seems. Hoo boy.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
It's okay if Byleth or Fire Emblem isn't your thing, but look at their inclusion as a sign: first-party characters are on the table after all! Nintendo won't be left out of the DLC.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Watch as only one of the 6 will be a fan favorite while the rest are 3rd party characters a lot of people didn't ask for. Like how Banjo & Kazooie were the only SUPER requested character in Season Pass 1.

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
It's a first party. But excuse if I'm being negative. But adding another FE rep while DK, Kirby and Zelda get shafted just makes me want to.... ugh.
Same thing as Corrin. Seems like a 1st party newcomer can only be DLC if it is Fire Emblem.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Watch as only one of the 6 will be a fan favorite while the rest are 3rd party characters a lot of people didn't ask for. Like how Banjo & Kazooie were the only SUPER requested character in Season Pass 1.
People ask for third-party characters all the time, get some perspective.

Handy Man

Smash Ace
I'm so glad that Dixie Kong has a real chance once again. Even though I don't care for Byleth, it shows that existing franchises can also be a part of a fighter pass. I still feel like Dixie Kong is the most deserving Nintendo character to join the battle, so hopefully she can join King K. Rool and be a part of the greatest gaming crossover soon!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'm so glad that Dixie Kong has a real chance once again. Even though I don't care for Byleth, it shows that existing franchises can also be a part of a fighter pass. I still feel like Dixie Kong is the most deserving Nintendo character to join the battle, so hopefully she can join King K. Rool and be a part of the greatest gaming crossover soon!
Exactly! I want her to join in on the Ultimate Smash alongside K. Rool and Banjo & Kazooie.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Hey there, Bandana Dee supporter who also believes that characters like (Captain) Toad/Dixie Kong are also fully deserving of being characters here. Just wanted to ask, do you guys think Byleth being 1st Party is good for us, or are you guys thinking what I'm thinking, that they purposely never gave Byleth a spirit, and thus spirits won't get promoted? Hoping to see what other 1st Party legacy supporters are thinking.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
Hey there, Bandana Dee supporter who also believes that characters like (Captain) Toad/Dixie Kong are also fully deserving of being characters here. Just wanted to ask, do you guys think Byleth being 1st Party is good for us, or are you guys thinking what I'm thinking, that they purposely never gave Byleth a spirit, and thus spirits won't get promoted? Hoping to see what other 1st Party legacy supporters are thinking.
the fact that dixie is a spirit means that they decided that was her place in the game at the time of release, and its possible it means that their mind was already made up about her. but i think ultimately, if the dev team really wanted to do something, they would find a way around their self-imposed hurdles.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
the fact that dixie is a spirit means that they decided that was her place in the game at the time of release, and its possible it means that their mind was already made up about her. but i think ultimately, if the dev team really wanted to do something, they would find a way around their self-imposed hurdles.
Hmm, well, back in Smash 4, Sakurai was worried about too many FE characters, so I guess you're right, opinions can change given the time. :laugh:

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Hey all. I have returned from the shadows.

Sorry I haven't been on the boards in so long. I was piecing together that community Dixie moveset and whatnot, but then Ultimate came out and I focused on playing it, and then a whole slew of other craziness came my way over the last year or so. I moved cities, got a new job, had a couple annoying battles with depression, worked on rekindling a close relationship with my cousin, and so on.

I've come back though, because Byleth's reveal means Nintendo characters are still fair game for DLC packs. Dixie's chances are looking up again!

How have things been going with all of you? I ****ing love B-K and now main them. Looking to add Dixie to that list soon enough!

SeashoreWar

Smash Journeyman
If they add Dixie, Captain Toad and Dee, the other 3 slots could be all FE for all I care lol
Oh shoot that vid has 21k likes.... And 14k dislikes. I didn't rate the vid at all but damn that's surprising.
I'm not surprised and hopefully Nintendo isn't either lol

(I don't hate FE btw. Still need to play Three Houses. Smash 4 burned me out on it a bit.)

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Yeah I'm ok with Byleth. Three houses was one of the only major Nintendo releases in 2019 to be very successful and introduce a new major character, so I think that's more responsible for Byleth than anything else.

Cool moveset too. But Nintendo characters are now fair game! Pretty stoked about that. The fact that all current DLC characters have already been decided is a little unfortunate though. At this point we can only speculate but can't really make a real impact.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Honestly, if I was a marketing manger at Nintendo I would convince Sakurai and the higher ups in the company to add Dixie Kong as DLC in Smash to promote the next DKCR game probably coming out in the next couple of years.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252

yes hello i am the new fire emblem character

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
I keep hearing that Byleth was supposed to be in the base roster like Piranha Plant, but was delayed. If so, that could mean the "true" Fighter's Passes are all third-party and Dixie is still in trouble. Not sure where the information is coming from, though.

you know what i hadnt actually considered until now

if dixie gets in, what would her spirit board be? would she have one? like, most dk-related things are already in the game
Oh, I literally came up with some over on DK Vine. Klubba, solo Kiddy, Parry the Parallel Bird, Banana Bird (enhances into Banana Bird Queen), Taj, Bashmaster, and Pointy Tucks.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
You know, I'm not the biggest fan of Donkey Kong games. I think they're great games, but DK just isn't a series I could personally get attached to like EarthBound/Mother.

But dammit, Nintendo treats this franchise horribly. I feel like the last time DK was relevant, if was when Tropical Freeze came out. They have no idea what to do with this franchise, and the fact that it has no studio developing games certainly does not help.

The DK franchise has so much potential. All 3 DKC games are classic masterpieces, the arcade games are addicting, and DK64 was one of the great 3D platformers on the N64. Across all these games, the DK series has amassed such a great cast of characters and a unique world to explore, but it's all shafted to the side which is an injustice.

As true DK fans, I'm so sorry you guys have to deal with this, I'm holding out hope for a Switch release that isn't a port.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Thanks man. DK is my all-time favorite video game franchise and Nintendo's seeming lack of respect for it really hurts. Last I checked, it's their fourth highest-selling IP, too. (Well, technically fifth, but the "Wii" series is deader than disco.)

I have a feeling we're getting a new game this year, though. The time feels right. I bet Good-Feel is working on it.

Last edited:

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Nice to see the fighter passes actually do include 1st party characters. Our girl got a boost in chances here.

Let's just hope the next fighter pass has more than just one Nintendo rep

pepiux

Smash Apprentice
Long time without posting.

Wow. So extremely disappointed by the new reveal. In contrast to many, I don't think Dixie's chances are up. She's been more than deserving of a spot since Brawl (arguably since Melee), but Nintendo's priorities are obviously elsewhere with the way the franchise is moving and with its DLC choices ($$$). I just don't see Dixie making it in without a new DK game out and with Dixie being a protagonist in it. There is just no chance.

Last edited:
Top Bottom