• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Chun-Li, a different Shin Megami Tensei character, a different Final Fantasy character, X or Zero from Mega Man, there's a bunch of those kinds of characters I'd love as well.

As long as we get Dixie first, I'd even be alright with a second Banjo-Kazooie character like Gruntilda.
Yup, I feel all these types of characters have been pretty much marked off of the current Fighter’s Pass just like 1st Parties, along with characters from 3rd Parties represented but not with a Playable Character like Rayman and Shantae. They pretty much would deserve equal billing in an all Nintendo Fighter’s Pass, especially since some like Megaman and Sonic have become so closely associated with Nintendo. (The disappointment for Shadow being an AT was pretty much on par with 1st Party requests like Waluigi and Isaac).

Last edited:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Chun-Li, a different Shin Megami Tensei character, a different Final Fantasy character, X or Zero from Mega Man, there's a bunch of those kinds of characters I'd love as well.

As long as we get Dixie first, I'd even be alright with a second Banjo-Kazooie character like Gruntilda.
Mumbo or no-go!

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Just heard about all this SNK Smash DLC talk. I would be ok with who ever gets in whether it's King of Fighters or Metal Slug. Though the female rep I want the most is absolutely Dixie no question. I would love to have more Rare characters in Gruntilda and Mumbo.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
This is how I see the DK newcomer grand master plan over the next 100 years.

Dixie Kong > Cranky Kong > Lanky Kong (major role in DK128) > Wrinkly Kong (major role in DK128) > Funky Kong > Dynamic environments that feel alive and tell a story > Rambi > Tiny > Chunky > Squitter > Enguarde

Last edited:

ze9

Smash Ace
Not to be a try-hard, but my choice after Dixie and Cranky would be BASHMASTER THE UNBREAKABLE.
Love that boss fight, and Retro's contribuitions deserve some acknowledgement. Lord Frederick is lame.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Not to be a try-hard, but my choice after Dixie and Cranky would be BASHMASTER THE UNBREAKABLE.
Love that boss fight, and Retro's contribuitions deserve some acknowledgement. Lord Frederick is lame.
Pompy the Persumptious (Big Top Bop) was my favorite boss fight and Bashmaster was my 2nd favorite not just because of their designs, But also their boss music too.

Though Tropical Freeze in my opinion is the best in the DKC series and my favorite, I was dissapointed with Lord Fredrick not just because he was very similar to King K. Rool, But because they decided to go with an oversized Walrus for the leader/final boss of the Snomads and not the APEX predator/Top of the food chain of Arctic animals the Polar Bear, Which of course turned out to be the 2nd to last boss (Bashmaster).

I remember when Tropical Freeze was 1st unveiled, I was dissapointed briefly that the Kremlings didn't return, But was really happy when they showed off the Snomads and that they were arctic animals and a massive improvement over the Tiki Tak Tribe, When I saw that the faction consisted of Penguins, Walruses and Snow Owl's I instantly thought that Polar Bears had to be in there as well and that they could be a boss or even the final boss/leader considering they are the most intimidating and fitting for the main role as antagonist.

It feels like a miss oppurtunity that Bashmaster wasn't the main antagonist for Tropical Freeze and the leader of the Snomads, But at the same time if I was Retro I would have made him look much more intimidating and threatening because while I do like him, He mainly looks like a generic polar bear with a slight cartoonish flair, If they would have given him a much more exaggerated and meaner look while still being cartoony, bigger teeth, bigger claws, maybe even a beard and given him a vikings helmet with big horns and other abilities like Frost Breath than that would have been much better finale for this masterpiece of a game.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
After Dixie Kong I want Krystal. Honestly, these two would complete the Nintendo roster for me.
Yup, just give me those two and Sakurai can put all the 3rd Parties he wants.

Of course another Zelda Rep like Impa would be nice too.

I really can't believe the first Rare girl we're getting is not Dixie or Krystal, but Kazooie. It's quite the bittersweet feeling.
Like, I'm happy Banjo is here and all, but damn, the omissions of Rare's two biggest heroines sure sully his arrival for me.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
This is how I see the DK newcomer grand master plan over the next 100 years.

Dixie Kong > Cranky Kong > Lanky Kong (major role in DK128) > Wrinkly Kong (major role in DK128) > Funky Kong > Dynamic environments that feel alive and tell a story > Rambi > Tiny > Chunky > Squitter > Enguarde
I don't think there is no way Lanky Kong is getting into Smash Bros. before Funky Kong.

Yup, just give me those two and Sakurai can put all the 3rd Parties he wants.

Of course another Zelda Rep like Impa would be nice too.

I really can't believe the first Rare girl we're getting is not Dixie or Krystal, but Kazooie. It's quite the bittersweet feeling.
Like, I'm happy Banjo is here and all, but damn, the omissions of Rare's two biggest heroines sure sully his arrival for me.
Well if it wasn't for the buyout, Banjo & Kazooie probably would have been in Melee. Mind you that Rare was still with Nintendo during Melee's release, Microsoft were definitely in negotiation with Nintendo and Rare at that time about purchasing Rare.

It's very weird but Kazooie might have always meant to be the first Rare girl in Smash's roster due to the laws of the universe lol!

SeashoreWar

Smash Journeyman
A announcement of a 2nd Season Pass would have me jumping around in joy like a idiot. Honestly, I think there should be a 2nd Pass just for us hardcore Nintendo fans that want Nintendo characters.
Dixie
Captain Toad
Bandana Dee
Impa
Isaac

And call it a day!

(If assist trophies aren't off the table switch Impa out for Takamaru)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Dixie
Captain Toad
Bandana Dee
Impa
Isaac

And call it a day!

(If assist trophies aren't off the table switch Impa out for Takamaru)
I think there should be a Retro rep in the Nintendo Pass since we didn't get one in the base game. I would nominate Mach Rider to be that Retro rep.

SeashoreWar

Smash Journeyman
Meh, I’d rather have Impa. Maybe I’d switch out Toad or Dee for Takamaru instead.

Also Isaac is already an AT as well.
Completely forgot Isaac was brought back lol.

Dixie
Captain Toad
Dee
Impa
Marshal or maybe...

I think there should be a Retro rep in the Nintendo Pass since we didn't get one in the base game. I would nominate Mach Rider to be that Retro rep.
Lip or Mike Jones!

Last edited:

ze9

Smash Ace
Here's mine:
Dixie
Skull Kid
Captain Toad
Isaac
Bomberman (yeah I know he's 3rd party)

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
- Dixie Kong
- Captain Toad/Toadette (Toadette should be in Smash she has appeared in every recent Mario title as of late. Shes an All-Star in my mind)
- Bandana Dee

IF assist trophies are allowed:

- Krystal
- Spring-Man (with ARMS cast as alts ala Alph or the Koopalings)

IF assist trophies arent allowed then:

- Porky Minch
- Impa or Rex/Pyra

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
No ATs since I assume they'd be out of the question anyway:

1. Dixie Kong
2. Toad/Toadette
3. Lip
4. Bandana Dee
5. Impa

Honorable mentions:

Geno + Mallow, as a duo (not sure if this would count as 1st party or not considering Square, but would otherwise be on the list)
Pokemon rep (a likely choice with many options but I just can't decide who I'd want)
Mike Jones, Isaac, and Rex Xenoblade (nothing against them, I just haven't played their games so I don't know what they'd do)

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Ideal 2nd fighter pass for me

1. Dixie & Funky echo (just because)
2. Waluigi
3. Black Shadow
4. Isaac
5. Captain Syrup

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Last edited:

TheYungLink

Smash Lord

Well, it looks like someone else also thought about a third edition of the "character sneaks up on DK and Diddy's house" trailer.

Only with a kinda different type of character.

Given that you posted it in this thread, for a sec I thought from the preview pics of the tweet that it was about Candy Kong.

Either way I don't like that the artist sells out Samus' character even if it's for a joke.

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
I really dislike the idea of using that setup for any and all newcomers from now on. DK and Banjo have a special connection that explains why Diddy and the rest are so excited to see Banjo back. They wouldn't feel the same way about some anime girl no one was talking about three days ago.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Given that you posted it in this thread, for a sec I thought from the preview pics of the tweet that it was about Candy Kong.
Well, to be fair, you could probably put her in Mai's place and the reactions of the DK characters wouldn't change (even Rool as we saw in DK64).

I really dislike the idea of using that setup for any and all newcomers from now on. DK and Banjo have a special connection that explains why Diddy and the rest are so excited to see Banjo back. They wouldn't feel the same way about some anime girl no one was talking about three days ago.
If we ever see that set up again it better be for Dixie.

Also while I like Mai and wouldn't mind her at all (if I had to pick an SNK character she'd be one of my top picks), it'd be weird for her to be here without Chun-Li, like GameXplain said. Then again it's already weird for Banjo and Rool to be here without Dixie.

Last edited:

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
They wouldn't feel the same way about some anime girl no one was talking about three days ago.
This is a tad disingenuous. There's a Mai support thread here and Sari has been keeping discussion on SNK characters going for a while, which included her, and it only flared up due to Nintendo slipping up on their website.

Well, to be fair, you could probably put her in Mai's place and the reactions of the DK characters wouldn't change (even Rool as we saw in DK64).
Yeah, Rare characters in general can get pretty horny admittedly, though it's mostly just seen in the N64 games. Not that I think Samus would pose flirtatiously or anything, they'd probably just ogle her and make her disgusted.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Yeah, Rare characters in general can get pretty horny admittedly, though it's mostly just seen in the N64 games. Not that I think Samus would pose flirtatiously or anything, they'd probably just ogle her and make her disgusted.
It'd probably make more sense since they actually know Candy.
Although like you said, it was mostly in the N64 games, I don't think they'd do that now.

Thank god Conker's not here, he'd make it 1000x worse. A game accurate version of him would probably single handedly push Smash up to an M Rating.

Last edited:

Justin Little

Smash Ace
I really dislike the idea of using that setup for any and all newcomers from now on. Diddy and Banjo have a special connection that explains why DK and the rest are so excited to see Banjo back. They wouldn't feel the same way about some anime girl no one was talking about three days ago.
Sorry, I had to fix this, but yeah I agree.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

Well, it looks like someone else also thought about a third edition of the "character sneaks up on DK and Diddy's house" trailer.

Only with a kinda different type of character.

Lol! DK and K. Rool are naughty naughty bois.

I agree. But if by some God given miracle Dixie Kong becomes a DLC character in Ultimate, they have to pull this skit off again just one final time.

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Last edited:

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
Even if it's just the original trilogy coming to the Switch Virtual console, I'll take anything at this point.

Also, here's an incredible remix of Mining Melancholy to pass the time!

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
It didn't occur to me until just now that that comic is just a joke about the DK crew being perverts. That's fine.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker

Lets us all pray together as a thread and hope we something DK related during this. We've been waiting almost 6 years for a new DK game...
I hope for that too. It's been way too long.
Even if it's just the original trilogy coming to the Switch Virtual console, I'll take anything at this point.

Also, here's an incredible remix of Mining Melancholy to pass the time!
Ahh, I can't get enough remixes of Mining Melancholy. This pleases my ears.

Top Bottom