• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

Justin Little

Smash Ace
Animal Antics from DKC2 still gives me trouble even today. DKC2 and Returns are the hardest imo.

I’m not sure if this is because of country differences, but am I supposed to see pictures of it?
No. It seems like this in all regions.

I have a pretty good feeling about DK this year. This calendar makes me about 70% sure we're getting an announcement about one soon. I wish I saved the page, but I remember someone by the name of EAD Ninja from Resetera also claiming Nintendo EPD was working on something from the "Mario Universe." It could be DK, or it could be something else. It's possible a team at Nintendo took on the mantle once they heard Retro was working on something else. SMO showed there are DKC fans at the big N, probably from young developers who grew up with DKC. Fingers crossed.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
I think it would be neat to see a 3D Donkey Kong platformer that does more straightforward "point A to point B" levels like the 2D games.

I've been playing Sonic Adventure 2 lately and I know that's a controversial game nowadays, but I still admire the way it can do straightforward 3D platforming levels that don't feel narrow and linear like Crash Bandicoot, or generic obstacle courses like the Super Mario 3D games. I think having a Donkey Kong game that feels like the classic platformers but in 3D could be very interesting if it's done right.

DX_E

Smash Apprentice
I'm really hoping Nintendo's in house team will take a stab at the next 3D Donkey Kong game. They made 3D World and Odyssey and we all know Mario sells but I think if they put their minds to a DK game, they could truly make something special. Some of the cappy transformations reminded me of the animal buddies so much.

Strong DK

Smash Apprentice
Mine is:

1. DKC Returns
  2. Tropical Freeze
  3. DKC2
  4. DKC1
  5. DKC3
It could be that I've played DKC2 more than any other game except maybe Banjo-Kazooie, but I think it's very fair. Absolutely nothing in the DK series is harder than Perilous Path in hard mode on the Wii (or classic mode on 3DS).
Agreed with that order. But for me TF is almost as hard as DKCR is. DKC3 is the easiest by a huge margin

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I'm really hoping Nintendo's in house team will take a stab at the next 3D Donkey Kong game. They made 3D World and Odyssey and we all know Mario sells but I think if they put their minds to a DK game, they could truly make something special. Some of the cappy transformations reminded me of the animal buddies so much.
I would love EAD Tokyo to work on DK again EXCEPT this time keep all the characters we love like Diddy, Dixie, Funky, and K.Rool. Not toss them aside as "they weren't fresh enough" like Koizumi did with Jungle Beat. Luckily it seems like Koizumi learned his lesson with all the New Donk City references he threw into Odyssey.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
I think it would be neat to see a 3D Donkey Kong platformer that does more straightforward "point A to point B" levels like the 2D games.

I've been playing Sonic Adventure 2 lately and I know that's a controversial game nowadays, but I still admire the way it can do straightforward 3D platforming levels that don't feel narrow and linear like Crash Bandicoot, or generic obstacle courses like the Super Mario 3D games. I think having a Donkey Kong game that feels like the classic platformers but in 3D could be very interesting if it's done right.
If they ever make another 3D DK, I think Wario World is the example to follow.

Agreed with that order. But for me TF is almost as hard as DKCR is. DKC3 is the easiest by a huge margin
One crazy thing about DKC3 is that the bonus rooms are much harder than the actual levels. The game is a cakewalk if all you want to do is get to the end, but completing it takes a lot more work. Still the easiest overall, though.

I would love EAD Tokyo to work on DK again EXCEPT this time keep all the characters we love like Diddy, Dixie, Funky, and K.Rool. Not toss them aside as "they weren't fresh enough" like Koizumi did with Jungle Beat. Luckily it seems like Koizumi learned his lesson with all the New Donk City references he threw into Odyssey.
It's my understanding that the "Not fresh enough!" thing was a mistranslation anyway. Remember that at the time, Nintendo Power had a huge vendetta against Rare and never missed a chance to diss the DKC series.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
If they ever make another 3D DK, I think Wario World is the example to follow.
Dude a spiritual successor to DK64 but it being more like Wario World where the levels are smaller and more spread out would be amazing! I would buy that in a heartbeat. I still want a Wario World 2, are you listening Nintendo and Treasure?!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I have recently been replaying Tropical Freeze in Hard Mode as Dixie Kong. I intend to play as no one but her through the whole playthrough. :)

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Dixie's hair is so strong that when she showers, her hair strands don't get stuck in the drain. Her hair strands expand the drain.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
They're not likely to do this (and the wait for would be interminable), but it would be remarkable if they released Dixie as a fighter in November to commemorate the 25th anniversary of DKC2.

Granted this is an expectation from the same company that basically did nothing for DKC's 25th anniversary, but a person can dream.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
They're not likely to do this (and the wait for would be interminable), but it would be remarkable if they released Dixie as a fighter in November to commemorate the 25th anniversary of DKC2.

Granted this is an expectation from the same company that basically did nothing for DKC's 25th anniversary, but a person can dream.
They could do this for the 25th anniversary for DKC3 since Dixie was the star in that game. But them doing it for DKC2 is more likely due to how much more popular and iconic that game is. And I agree, it's very unlikely they will deliver Dixie in Smash to us as a present for DKC2 or 3's 25th anniversary.

SeashoreWar

Smash Journeyman
Wave 5 of Donkey Kong Racing

Dixie makes her appearance!
Kudgel
Karate Kong
Timber

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133

I'd settle for a Dixie Kong amiibo as well as Cranky, Funky, Rambi, Squawks, and Enguarde ones as well. So basically a DKC amiibo line for DKC2's 25th anniversary.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Wave 5 of Donkey Kong Racing

Dixie makes her appearance!
Kudgel
Karate Kong
Timber

Look at that, your Donkey Kong Racing roster is finally on topic!

That's a great pose for Dixie. She looks super cute. Timber's new outfit looks really cool too! I like it better than his old outfit, naked with a hat.
It's always so nice to see these updates. I'll post it tomorrow!!

SeashoreWar

Smash Journeyman
Look at that, your Donkey Kong Racing roster is finally on topic!

That's a great pose for Dixie. She looks super cute. Timber's new outfit looks really cool too! I like it better than his old outfit, naked with a hat.
It's always so nice to see these updates. I'll post it tomorrow!!
Thanks! Lol I wanted to wait a couple waves before I did Dixie to make sure I got her right! And I guess Timber took up train conducting in his absence. I was thinking about making a logo for that, but I didn't come up with a name yet. Anyone have any ideas, I'm open to them!

Last edited:

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
i am LOVING the influx of dixie-related fan art

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Hey Nintendo, if you're running low on ideas, I know a certain female simian that would be a great fit for your cr**py gacha game!

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Seriously, I don't even care that much about Dr. Mario World or Mario Kart Tour on the account that their awful, but it just depresses me that Dixie can't even get into the mobile games where they're literally adding everyone and their mother (or fire alt), especially when Diddy is in both of them. Let alone Rool, the other Kongs, Warioware characters, RPG characters, Subcon characters, etc.

Last edited:

Strong DK

Smash Apprentice
Hey Nintendo, if you're running low on ideas, I know a certain female simian that would be a great fit for your cr**py gacha game!

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Seriously, I don't even care that much about Dr. Mario World or Mario Kart Tour on the account that their awful, but it just depresses me that Dixie can't even get into the mobile games where they're adding everyone and their mother (or fire alt), especially when Diddy is in both of them. Let alone Rool, the other Kongs, Warioware characters, RPG characters, Subcon characters, etc.
Agreed. More Kongs&Krocs please

Top Bottom