• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
That Chunky Kong AT claim was so.....odd. a strange pick for a DK AT (the animal pals like Rambi come to mind first) and what actual thing in the game did they confuse for as Chunky?

Smash 4 was abysmal to DK. One stage (but with a very unique style......that had to be one of the first things on the chopping block for Ultimate due to the stage morph.....which is ironic since Terry's added), but no new characters, no ATs, 800 remixes of Jungle Hijinx, nothing. More annoying as Tropical Freeze was developing along with Smash 4.

Ultimate has made strides to correct DK content with K Rool (who is a fan favorite in Smash) and more songs and an AT. However, Dixie will help out even more, just like Ridley and Dark Samus for Metroid.

DK is number 2 on the character list. Why did it need 5 games to get a third character?

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Looks like the Rare girls have found alternative forms of Adrenaline rushes after not getting into Smash.... for now.

Dix and Krys: A Rare Ladies story

Artists name is Momo-the-Bunny, I would put a direct link here but account contains NSFW.

Last edited:

Kritter

Smash Cadet
That Chunky Kong AT claim was so.....odd. a strange pick for a DK AT (the animal pals like Rambi come to mind first) and what actual thing in the game did they confuse for as Chunky?
It baffles me why they never made Animal Crate an item like Pokeballs and Assist Trophies that would have different animal buddies come out. That would have been huge representation for the DK franchise and for me would have more than made up for lack of characters and stages. It also would have the added benefit of cementing the animal buddies as an integral part of the franchise, ensuring that all new games would utilize them more.

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
^Just one of many potential things at the Smash team's disposal (the others being Cranky Kong Quips, stage bosses, music &, y'know, characters) that they didn't & still don't touch with a 7-foot grape blowgun.

Last edited:

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
It baffles me why they never made Animal Crate an item like Pokeballs and Assist Trophies that would have different animal buddies come out. That would have been huge representation for the DK franchise and for me would have more than made up for lack of characters and stages. It also would have the added benefit of cementing the animal buddies as an integral part of the franchise, ensuring that all new games would utilize them more.
The problem with that is that every character would then require an animal-riding animation. I'd honestly rather just have Rambi and maybe Squawks turn up as assist trophies.

Oh hey, there's something to talk about. Which DK characters would you guys like to see as assist trophies? Besides our dear precious Klaptrap, wanna see DK Jr. (unless he makes playable), Cranky Kong (who rants like Mr. Resetti), Lanky Kong (if Spring Man makes playable), Rambi, Squawks, and Lord Fredrik.

Last edited:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
The problem with that is that every character would then require an animal-riding animation. I'd honestly rather just have Rambi and maybe Squawks turn up as assist trophies.

Oh hey, there's something to talk about. Which DK characters would you guys like to see as assist trophies? Besides our dear precious Klaptrap, wanna see DK Jr. (unless he makes playable), Cranky Kong (who rants like Mr. Resetti), Lanky Kong (if Spring Man makes playable), Rambi, Squawks, and Lord Fredrik.
Tiny: She shrinks Ant-Man style to run up to foes, then attacks as she's resizing to hurt them by surprise. Her small form makes her basically invisible.
Bashmaster: He uses his hammer to create waves of ice spikes that encase victims. Get too close and he'll slam his hammer down on you.
Cat o 9 tails: Spin-grabs into victims and tries to take them off the stage.

Last edited:

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Not explicitly Dixie related, but this is perfect and everyone should see it.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

FancySmash

Smash Lord

What if they recycled the Dragoon riding animation?

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Last edited:

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987

Before the introduction of Echo Fighters, I thought Funky would have been a good AT. He would float around attacking with his surfboard while making hilarous noises and that smug smile I love so much.
Rambi was always the obvious Assist Trophy THAT SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED IN BRAWL. Gogoat in Smash 4 is basically what Rambi should have been since waaaaay before.
And lastly, an item I liked from the DK series was a balloon. That gets attached to the player for a while. And if the player reaches the blastzone then the balloon saves him.

Because life is all about compromise! This took way too much effort to make lmao.
View attachment 259339
Of course. My favorite Side B move.
DANCING HAIR.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
ngl i actually kinda dig that color scheme on dixie

Kritter

Smash Cadet

That's funny, I never envisioned characters riding them. I just figured they would attack you in different ways like the Assist Trophies and Pokeballs do. Klaptrap could switch to an animal crate, and they'd all have the Rambi logo so you don't know who is actually inside. Maybe the gimmick is that instead of the crate opening immediately like with pokeballs and assist trophies, the crate has to be broken open, and whoever opens it has the buddy on their side.

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
I cri everytime.

Hopefully there is an hidden bonus down there.... wait... nope, they are dead, the only bonus hidden below the tracks is after a Klank is throwing barrels at you...
I think I have played that game way too much, no regrets, it would still be incredibly fun to play the 2 player contest mode online with someone else. Right Nintendo??

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman

I'm probably the only other person who'd take Cranky as an assist, not necessarily a fighter (though that'd be cool too).
As stated before, Bashmaster would be great, Animal Crates should absolutely be the next pokeballs, & I kinda wanna see Kleever from DKC2.
I must say, though, don't agree with the notion that Lanky would have to be an assist if Spring Man was playable, or vice-versa. That's some "K. Rool is just like Bowser/Dixie is just like Shantae"-type logic there, wouldn't ya say? Not that Lanky will ever be playable, mind you (I say with a heavy heart), but he & Spring Man could co-exist with their different skill sets.

Last edited:

Turtlar

Smash Apprentice
I'm probably the only other person who'd take Cranky as an assist, not necessarily a fighter (though that'd be cool too).
As stated before, Bashmaster would be great, Animal Crates should absolutely be the next pokeballs, & I kinda wanna see Kleever from DKC2. I must say, though, don't agree with the notion that Lanky would have to be an assist if Spring Man was playable, or vice-versa. That's some "K. Rool is just like Bowser/Dixie is just like Shantae"-type logic there, wouldn't ya say? Not that Lanky will ever be playable, mind you (I say with a heavy heart), but he & Spring Man could co-exist with their different skill sets.
Cranky would make an ideal assist IMO. I always envisioned him drinking one of his potions from DK64 and reverting back to his classic arcade form to cause havoc across the stage.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I've said it before and I'll say it again Dixie is all DK needs to be "Komplete" in Smash. Cranky and Funky would just be extras IMO and could easily work as assist trophies. THAT being said if Cranky did make it in (after Dixie) you can bet your bottom dollar Im maining him. Probably making Dixie and Rool my secondaries. Beating people up with Cranky Kong is just too funny to pass up.

DeniroSerafim

Smash Apprentice
What do you get when you cross an inflatable orangutan with a developer that abandons him and treats him like trash?
lanky joker.png

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Cranky would make an ideal assist IMO. I always envisioned him drinking one of his potions from DK64 and reverting back to his classic arcade form to cause havoc across the stage.
As someone who really doesn't like the idea of Cranky being the arcade DK, I'm gonna have to pass on that. I imagine him sitting on his rocking chair, waving his cane at passersby and ranting about Smash.

"Who are you again? Marth or Roy? Bah, you swordsmen all look alike!"

"I liked this game better when it had wavedashing!"

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
As someone who really doesn't like the idea of Cranky being the arcade DK, I'm gonna have to pass on that. I imagine him sitting on his rocking chair, waving his cane at passersby and ranting about Smash.

"Who are you again? Marth or Roy? Bah, you swordsmen all look alike!"

"I liked this game better when it had wavedashing!"
So basically like Mr. Resetti in Brawl?

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
And now I unlocked the hard mode on the Switch version of Tropical Freeze. I have finished the Wii U version like 15 times. Dang it. I can't stop replaying this game. The controls, the level design, the art direction, THE MUSIC. It's so perfect (besides some nitpicking). But I don't regret buying it twice to play it on the go. Totally worth first double dipping (Actually... I got Returns on 3DS but that was a free gift from Club Nintendo, so it doesn't count as double dipping).

I have done the Hard mode run only once when it came out on Wii U, I chose the character depending on the level (And DK in the vehicule levels, cuz you know, there is no reason to pick him over the others). I will do it again, but this time I'm going solo Dixie all the go. If she isn't included in Smash Bros., fine, I will main her in another game.

Lenidem

Smash Lord
DK Jr as an Echo? But the proportions do not fit at all... So some kind of clone, why not, but an Echo in the official sense seems just impossible.

Top Bottom