• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
After her appearance in DK64 which kinda trivialized the concept of death? Nah, let her rest in peace. Didn't she fall asleep at some point in DKC3 and just never woke up? Peaceful way to go out as any...

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
For whatever reason, Wrinkly Kong was one of the more memorable NPC Kongs to me. I'd be happy to see her return.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
What is this revive Wrinkly movement, and how do we stop it.

To be clear, I mean physically revive. It's good that Wrinkly is a ghost.

Figuratively, I would revive Wrinkly as a character, bringing her to a new DK game, making her playable as a ghost.

As a ghost.

Last edited:

zipzapsparkle

Smash Journeyman
I liked Wrinkly, maybe the next DKC game will include more Kongs. I hope they do, I’d like to see Tiny and Dixie together again. They’ve been in DKRDS, Barrel Blast, and Sluggers together but no adventure game so far.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Interesting tidbit, but Dixie's viewcount on Smashboards is actually 4th overall, behind only Geno, Isaac and Shantae. It doesn't mean a whole lot, but it shows Smash fans are very interested in her despite what some people may claim.

Brandnew:

Geno the Star Warrior 5.3 million berries!

Isaac the Earth Mage 1.7 million berries!

Shantae the Half Genie 1.4 million berries!

Dixie Kong the Hair Rocker 0.67 million berries!

Bandana Dee the Star Warrior 0.47 million berries!

All wanted by Smashboards and the World Government!

I know some of you won't get the One Piece reference but I know BravadoMan_13 BravadoMan_13 will.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
So... Should I be giving my congratulations for Dixie Kong in Mario Kart Tour. Or should I be giving my condolences for Dixie Kong in Mario Kart Tour

♕Pretty Roger♕

God Roger
NNID
RogelioWii
3DS FC
0602-6365-8680
Switch FC
SW-2762-7992-4597
I wanted to say i am so happy for Dixie in Mario Kart Tour, i would love to have her in Smash someday, she is actually the only DK character i really like alongside Tiny and this is a step in the right direction for her.

Unfortunately i see all the hate Mario Kart Tour gets, i know most of us here play console games but i think deminishing the mobile game industry is not the way to go, even if you don’t like it Mario Kart Tour and other games such as Super Mario Run and Fire Emblem Heroes are considered main line titles and saying this game is not a real Mario Kart game is a little sad, the controls and gameplay are pretty good and innovative as well, the best possible adaptation of Mario Kart to mobile in my opinion, however i feel the real problem is how unfair the rubies (in game currency) are, but Nintendo has slowly been giving more of them as of late, anyway the game is not really newcomer friendly at this point with a lot of content locked if you have not been playing since day 1 (i have, but i wouldn’t imagine starting the game all over again)

Anyway, congratulations for this accomplishment and hopefully if you want to get started into the game you will be able to reroll for Dixie next week, i will try to pull for her myself, love you all and maybe Dixie will be Smash DLC

P.D Also i think is a bit unfair to complain about alts in a mobile gacha game, that’s just how the model and tons of gacha work with new costumes for characters instead of new ones, obviously it would be a different situation if this happened on console game though.

P.D 2: I want more Pauline alts please ✨

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
I can't speak for everyone but my problems with Mario Kart Tour have nothing to do with the fact that it's a mobile game and everything to do with the fact that they're selling Diddy Kong for 40 US dollars.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I can't speak for everyone but my problems with Mario Kart Tour have nothing to do with the fact that it's a mobile game and everything to do with the fact that they're selling Diddy Kong for 40 US dollars.
Wait... Wtf?! 40 dollars for one freaking character?! To hell with that!

SeashoreWar

Smash Journeyman
What is this revive Wrinkly movement, and how do we stop it.

To be clear, I mean physically revive. It's good that Wrinkly is a ghost.

Figuratively, I would revive Wrinkly as a character, bringing her to a new DK game, making her playable as a ghost.

As a ghost.
It will NEVER stop!

#wrinklyneverdied

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
In all seriousness though, Wrinkly would be the last kong I'd expect to be promoted in any series. Even Swanky would be likelier.

I liked Wrinkly, maybe the next DKC game will include more Kongs. I hope they do, I’d like to see Tiny and Dixie together again. They’ve been in DKRDS, Barrel Blast, and Sluggers together but no adventure game so far.
Yeah, I just wish we knew what Retro has been up to all this time prior to Metroid Prime 4 so that we can finally move on and stop expecting them to do anything new with DKC. It'll have been 6 years since Tropical Freeze's initial release, and still no word.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Lemmington's chances of staying on this roster are looking pretty slim right now!
O-o-oh, s-s-sorry, I didn't mean that. That's just my --- that's just my accent. Yes, that's it.

What I meant to say is that I personally never saw proof Wrinkly died either.

In fact, I hear the rumble pack in her N64 controller never went cold. The Bear shopkeeper lied. What are they hiding?

SeashoreWar

Smash Journeyman
In all seriousness though, Wrinkly would be the last kong I'd expect to be promoted in any series. Even Swanky would be likelier.
Hasn't Wrinkly made more appearances post-Rare though?
O-o-oh, s-s-sorry, I didn't mean that. That's just my --- that's just my accent. Yes, that's it.

What I meant to say is that I personally never saw proof Wrinkly died either.

In fact, I hear the rumble pack in her N64 controller never went cold. The Bear shopkeeper lied. What are they hiding?
Much better! Yes let's get started on this investigation. I'm gathering evidence as we speak.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Brandnew:

I know some of you won't get the One Piece reference but I know BravadoMan_13 BravadoMan_13 will.
So Dixie Kong is one of the Yonko now, huh? An Empress of Smashboards! (It's funny that there are exactly four individual character threads with replies in the five digit range).

I heard Elma the Blade Colonel is climbing her way up to being the 6th Emperor/Empress as well with a bounty of 0.46 million berries!

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Brandnew:

Just make sure that bounty won't decrease after this game's DLC ends, Masked Man's doesn't even have enough to buy a single ship.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
If Dixie were to be playable, should she have the blue guitar or the yellow one?
It should change with different Alt costumes, of course!
But I'd say the standard pink Dixie should have the blue guitar, to pop more against her initial coloring.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
I'm OK with any guitar design. The DKC2 blue guitar, the banana guitar, even Diddy's guitar from DK64 would all work for her.

What really matters is KNEEPADS! If you're gonna be in a fighting game, you gotta make sure those knees are protected!

DeniroSerafim

Smash Apprentice
All the real ones want the kneepads back. Don't @ me.

Honestly though knowing Sakurai, I could see him giving her the kneepads back despite Nintendo's apparent cohesive character design policy. Based on what was included in Smash, I think Sakurai recognizes the reverence people have for the original trilogy, almost to the detriment of Retro's representation. Maybe I'm just trying to see something that isn't there, but I honestly believe Sakurai understands this series better than the higher ups at Nintendo. Imagine if Sakurai made the next DK game, how insanely cool would that be?

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Honestly though knowing Sakurai, I could see him giving her the kneepads back despite Nintendo's apparent cohesive character design policy. Based on what was included in Smash, I think Sakurai recognizes the reverence people have for the original trilogy, almost to the detriment of Retro's representation. Maybe I'm just trying to see something that isn't there, but I honestly believe Sakurai understands this series better than the higher ups at Nintendo. Imagine if Sakurai made the next DK game, how insanely cool would that be?
That's for sure. Most notably how you see DK Island in :ultkrool:'s Final Smash.

I wouldn't mind it at all if his next project is a DK game. Maybe that's what the Vifam rifle was meant for, a new kong firearm...

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So Dixie Kong is one of the Yonko now, huh? An Empress of Smashboards! (It's funny that there are exactly four individual character threads with replies in the five digit range).

I heard Elma the Blade Colonel is climbing her way up to being the 6th Emperor/Empress as well with a bounty of 0.46 million berries!
I heard Dixie's Haki might even be stronger than Shanks which is surreal to think about. Imagine Dixie's hair being completely covered in Advanced Haki that's some crazy **** to think about. Her hair covered in Haki would slice any foe in half.

If Dixie were to be playable, should she have the blue guitar or the yellow one?
Yellow.

As far as talking about kong promotions concerns us, how many of the kong clan do you think will become playable after the series eventually comes out of its hibernation?
For the DK series? About 7 or 8. Most notably Lanky and Tiny returning to the fol to join DK, Diddy, Dixie, Cranky, and Funky on their next adventure perhaps.

For the Smash series? That depends on where the roster is going in Smash 6. If half of the roster get's cut than I barely see even Dixie making it into the next game. If everyone comes back than I would say maybe 5 to 6 newcomers. Dixie, Cranky, and Funky to be exact. Dixie is highly requested, Funky would be a easy Echo, and Cranky would be another great addition. After them, our DK roster in Smash will be practically perfect with anyone else afterwards being more of a bonus than anything else.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I can see her guitar as her final smash that acts like DK's previous one just without the player input. Also, she plays her victory theme from DKC2 during it.

And she needs it as one of her victory poses

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
For the DK series? About 7 or 8. Most notably Lanky and Tiny returning to the fol to join DK, Diddy, Dixie, Cranky, and Funky on their next adventure perhaps.

For the Smash series? That depends on where the roster is going in Smash 6. If half of the roster get's cut than I barely see even Dixie making it into the next game. If everyone comes back than I would say maybe 5 to 6 newcomers. Dixie, Cranky, and Funky to be exact. Dixie is highly requested, Funky would be a easy Echo, and Cranky would be another great addition. After them, our DK roster in Smash will be practically perfect with anyone else afterwards being more of a bonus than anything else.
No no, I'm strictly talking DK series.

If they continue promoting support kongs, I wouldn't mind Candy firing watermelons or something. :laugh:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
No no, I'm strictly talking DK series.

If they continue promoting support kongs, I wouldn't mind Candy firing watermelons or something. :laugh:
I want the ENTIRE Kong clan back. Yes, this includes Swanky, Chunky, Kiddy, and the like. Nintendo dropping the majority of them kind of killed my interest in DK's character for a long while, if I'm being honest.

Lenidem

Smash Lord

No thanks, I don't want Fire Emblem characters in the next DK game.

Top Bottom