• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

SirCamp

Smash Ace
I've never played a Harvest Moon game, but I can say with confidence they're pretty well known games. Maybe less the name, but it's a very recognizable series, where you can probably show people a screenshot and they'll know what game that is.
Oh wow I just realized I posted this in the Dixie thread. Somehow I thought I was in the speculation thread. lmao Sorry this was entirely off topic. Thank you for the response though!

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
I've never been a dixie fan but i think that's easily the last donkey kong character who should have a slot.

ze9

Smash Ace
True, Dixie is a Nintendo all-star. And Lanky isn't and Dixie deserves to be in before Lanky. But I think at this point, it helps to keep an open mind in terms of what characters might get into Smash Bros. There are many characters already on the roster that aren't Nintendo all-stars either. Or all-stars of any sort.

U're right about Nintendo's direction for the DK franchise hurting a lot of the characters, including Dixie. Thankfully, I think she's been able to hold on to that title. It helps to actually show up again. But what is so good about Lanky is that he has perserved in the Nintendo fan consciousness despite it all. There is something about Lanky that is really powerful, like a TNT barrel waiting to be lit. HE connects with people from the dead. Imagine what HE could do if Nintendo breathed life into him again. (inhales)

I think it's also interesting to note that there might be a divergence between the hardcore Dk community and the more casual DK fans. I've certainly felt it when it comes to Funky. I think Funky is cool but I don't really care to see him added to Smash. I think generally speaking, big DK fans think similarly. But I know he has a ton of appeal for more casual DK fans. I think Lanky Kong is similar and he would give many characters a run for their money if some love was thrown his way.

Light the fuse, Nintendo. Let's explode this world with Lanky Kong.
After Dixie gets in Smash and K. Rool appears in a mainline DKC again, all of the DK fanbase most prevalent long-term goals will be fulfilled, and we'll start to gather our energies upon bringing Lanky Kong back to the land of the living.

The ideal Smash DKC roster:
-Donkey
-Diddy
-Dixie
-K. Rool
-Cranky
-Lanky
-Funky
-BASHMASTER THE UNBREAKABLE

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
While Dixie is a quite obvious newcomer from the DKC franchise, I will always keep pulling for another DKC newcomer after her for no other reason than ‘just because’. I mean there’s quite a few possibilities after her, as for example Funky as a Echo. He’s obviously also real popular as we all know. And Cranky would make a great newcomer as a fully unique character. I could see Cranky and Funky happening if they are also playable in the next DKC game honestly.

But outside of them there’s still DK Jr., who is actually already in, in the form of regular DK, but he’s still a valid retro newcomer. Also, I think Rambi would make for a great WTF-addition much like Piranha Plant. Rambi has been in more DK games than Dixie even. And he would be a very unique addition. I think I will start a Rambi thread for fun one day when Dixie is in. Of course he would also make for a great item, but why not playable if its also a possibility?

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
While Dixie is a quite obvious newcomer from the DKC franchise, I will always keep pulling for another DKC newcomer after her for no other reason than ‘just because’. I mean there’s quite a few possibilities after her, as for example Funky as a Echo. He’s obviously also real popular as we all know. And Cranky would make a great newcomer as a fully unique character. I could see Cranky and Funky happening if they are also playable in the next DKC game honestly.

But outside of them there’s still DK Jr., who is actually already in, in the form of regular DK, but he’s still a valid retro newcomer. Also, I think Rambi would make for a great WTF-addition much like Piranha Plant. Rambi has been in more DK games than Dixie even. And he would be a very unique addition. I think I will start a Rambi thread for fun one day when Dixie is in. Of course he would also make for a great item, but why not playable if its also a possibility?
OMG QUICK QUESTION: Do you consider Cranky to be DK's dad or grandpa?

I like the thought of DK Jr to be the current DK but all grown up; I know the current canon is grandpa with DK Jr MIA but everything flows better if the DK we have now is in fact Jr.

Last edited:

ze9

Smash Ace
I don't think I'd have the strenght to support other DK characters.
K. Rool only managed to get in after what was basically a class action, and even Dixie despite being both iconic and a fan-favorite will only get in after years and years of vocal support while consistently getting snubbed in every new Smash despite being an obvious addition. And those two are among the main characters. Go figure what it would take to get someone like Cranky in.

But man, they would be awesome.
I'm imagining a Cranky that pogos on his cane, throws dentures, hits you with the newspaper, gets sudden attacks of backpain, throws bowls like an old man, pulls out the strategy guide to buff his attacks...
Or Funky with his flying surfboard and the orange grenades and that bootshoter thing from DK64.
And Lanky with the handstand when he needs to and the inflating himself just like a balloon and the stretching his arms out just for you....
And of course Dixie with the floating around, the grabbing and whipping you with the ponytail, the haircopter, the bubblegum gun, the throwing Kiddy at you, the victory animation being just her playing her own victory fanfare with her guitar...

Sigh. DK characters are perfect Smash material. It's unbelievable they've been so stingy with them.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
They have been very stingy with them. And I feel unless there's as much support as Ridley, King K. Rool, and Banjo & Kazooie had, Dixie probably has no chance despite being the last big Nintendo character not yet there. Have to wonder if it's because Dixie is considered an ugly female. And for some reason, that's a turn off for them? Idk I'm just spitballing.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
They have been very stingy with them. And I feel unless there's as much support as Ridley, King K. Rool, and Banjo & Kazooie had, Dixie probably has no chance despite being the last big Nintendo character not yet there. Have to wonder if it's because Dixie is considered an ugly female. And for some reason, that's a turn off for them? Idk I'm just spitballing.
The answer is simple; there's a ton of characters people ask for outside the DKC series. And I mean a ton. Ultimate's pre-release has been dominated with crying out for Geno/Isaac/Banjo-Kazooie/Shovel Knight/Ashley/Waluigi among a few others, while the rest of people's wants are drowned out to various degrees.

At least Ridley, Rool and BK are finally in so that there might be a chance for lesser-demanded characters to take up their "throne". Especially if the forthcoming pass characters also get out of the way of that, depending on who they are.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
The answer is simple; there's a ton of characters people ask for outside the DKC series. And I mean a ton. Ultimate's pre-release has been dominated with crying out for Geno/Isaac/Banjo-Kazooie/Shovel Knight/Ashley/Waluigi among a few others, while the rest of people's wants are drowned out to various degrees.

At least Ridley, Rool, and BK are finally in so that there might be a chance for lesser-demanded characters to take up their "throne". Especially if the forthcoming pass characters also get out of the way of that, depending on who they are.
Sure, but Dixie Kong is certainly bigger and more well known than Isaac or Ashley are. What I'm trying to say is Dixie Kong should have been a no brainer addition to the roster with or without fan input.

My actual thought is they don't see DK as worthy of more than just Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong, (and possibly just see it as another Mario spin-off like Yoshi and Wario).

King K. Rool got in because of his popularity, and Dixie simply doesn't have that. I've seen King K. Rool fans move on to Banjo & Kazooie after he got in as the next big Rare character. But I don't see the same thing happening now that Banjo & Kazooie are in. Could be because DLC is likely all third party, they don't think she has a chance, but I think it's really just that she isn't that popular which is unfortunate.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
To be fair, K. Rool didn't really have a steadily huge push until Diddy got in Brawl. Thinking that a character will not get in at all is the one true way they can fail. Just ask any Mother fan that doesn't support anyone except Ninten or Porky...

Rome wasn't built in a day, after all. We can't expect Dixie to get huge support overnight, that stuff takes time.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
To many people, Dixie is just girl Diddy and they assume she would be a clone or echo of Diddy so there isn't a big movement to see her playable. I think she will be talked about a lot more though as the next game gears up. The thing is, we don't know what that will look like or if Sakurai will even be taking fan feedback (he said in his recent book that he doesn't think there will be another Smash Ballot). And if Dixie goes MIA again from her own series? Smash 6 could come and go without her once again. So... nothing to really do but wait at this point.

I still say if a new DK game comes out and Dixie isn't in it, that is the time to strike and make it clear that she needs to be a franchise mainstay.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
To many people, Dixie is just girl Diddy and they assume she would be a clone or echo of Diddy so there isn't a big movement to see her playable. I think she will be talked about a lot more though as the next game gears up. The thing is, we don't know what that will look like or if Sakurai will even be taking fan feedback (he said in his recent book that he doesn't think there will be another Smash Ballot). And if Dixie goes MIA again from her own series? Smash 6 could come and go without her once again. So... nothing to really do but wait at this point.

I still say if a new DK game comes out and Dixie isn't in it, that is the time to strike and make it clear that she needs to be a franchise mainstay.
At the very least, there should still be official polls conducted in Japan like in the pre-4 days, that much is certain. It'd be more than foolish for them to stop doing that.

But yeah, honestly, I'd be a little mad if Retro left Dixie out of the next game. This isn't like Pokémon or :ultmegaman:, in which you can take out significant elements from previous games willy-nilly. It was already pretty barren in regards to cast during the Returns days, and we don't know where the rest of the Kongs spend their time when not having adventures.

As for me:

Last edited:

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
Honestly at this point, i think dixie will come in smash 6 or a second fighter pass where all rules are broken.
(like assist trophies spirits and boss can be playable) so we'll get
Waluigi(the most asked AT to be playable)
Ashley(the second most asked AT)
Dixie
Sylux
Masked man

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Honestly at this point, i think dixie will come in smash 6 or a second fighter pass where all rules are broken.
Dixie
Sylux
Masked man
Switch Masked Man with Porky Minch and that DLC pack would be 1,000x more hype to me than what the first fighters pass was/is.

StormC

Smash Hero
Pretty sure that's Isaac.

It'll be a long, long, long time before Metroid Prime 4 sees the light of day. Sylux isn't happening lol.

Last edited:

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
Switch Masked Man with Porky Minch and that DLC pack would be 1,000x more hype to me than what the first fighters pass was/is.
I was thinking about putting porky first but since he doesn't have a spirit he wouldn't break rules like the pass suggest (then again i put sylux soooo....Yeah we can have porky instead of masked man (i would prefer masked man but whatever.)

Pretty sure that's Isaac.

It'll be a long, long, long time before Metroid Prime 4 sees the light of day. Sylux isn't happening lol.
Yeah it's true i forgot replace Sylux with Isaac then lol

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

Dixie

Sylux

Masked man
Switch both Masked Man and Sylux for Impa and Isaac (Mother and Metroid are both perfectly represented already for this game) and that DLC pack would be 1000x more hype for me than half of Ultimate's newcomers.

Last edited:

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
If only nintendo listen to us we'll get this pass but unfortunately that seems unlikely.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord

Yes, you need to go hard for the characters you like. You don't have to be toxic about it and you can understand why they might not happen. You can still appreciate what you do get -- if you get anything at all. But you should still swing all the way for them. Shoot for the stars. Raise expectations. That's why I don't like the "okay, maybe Dixie can be a clone" imaginary negotiation that happens with some Dixie fans. That's shooting for the lamp post. Dixie needs us to swing HARD and HIGH, as if we were flinging a giant gorilla baby with our powerful ponytail ourselves.

I will also go hard for Lanky and other characters I like, like Midna or Sans or Twintelle or Helix or even Sans again. Btw, I do like Rambi as a fighter. But in the theme of this post, I think Squitter the Spider is my pick.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yes, you need to go hard for the characters you like. You don't have to be toxic about it and you can understand why they might not happen. You can still appreciate what you do get -- if you get anything at all. But you should still swing all the way for them. Shoot for the stars. Raise expectations. That's why I don't like the "okay, maybe Dixie can be a clone" imaginary negotiation that happens with some Dixie fans. That's shooting for the lamp post. Dixie needs us to swing HARD and HIGH, as if we were flinging a giant gorilla baby with our powerful ponytail ourselves.

I will also go hard for Lanky and other characters I like, like Midna or Sans or Twintelle or Helix or even Sans again. Btw, I do like Rambi as a fighter. But in the theme of this post, I think Squitter the Spider is my pick.
And I go hard for characters that barely much people even care about, to actually throw them out here when they wouldn't be otherwise. Folks like Captain Syrup, Higgins, Bonk and Klonoa. At least when appropriate. I also try to raise up the spirits of fanbases like this one, that actively doubt things, so idleness and despair should be avoided. Actions speak louder than words.

Also, I'm open to almost anyone, so I'm not that fussy about who gets in.

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Switch both Masked Man and Sylux for Impa and Isaac (Mother and Metroid are both perfectly represented already for this game) and that DLC pack would be 1000x more hype for me than half of Ultimate's newcomers.
Im down for those 2 too. At the end of the day I just want more 1st party characters. Im in the minority but every 3rd party character added (besides Banjo because he feels like a long lost 1st party character) are BORING to me. Joker I cant stand as a character or his design, find Persona to be overrated, and I HATE fighting him in Smash and Hero while an important character in its own right idc about as I cant stand anime looking JRPG characters. Yeah Isaac is from a JRPG (and so is Porky) but at least he's first party and part of Nintendo's history so I can understand why they should be added unlike Joker.

Anyway back to Dixie/Donkey Kong related stuff. I hope a new DK game is announced for Switch later this year in a direct. We know we're probably gonna get a Direct in the fall as Nintendo has to hype their 2020 line-up as the only game we know is coming in 2020 is Animal Crossing: New Horizons (maybe Bayo 3 hopefully..). Unless of course Nintendo continues to do the "Have 1 or 2 big releases in the 1st half of the year, then cram everything else into the 2nd half" like they did this and last year.

I feel 2020 could be the year we see a PROPER new DK game hit the Switch. I mean all of Nintendo's other major franchises have already got their new games on Switch. Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Kirby, Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, Splatoon, and Xenoblade have already gotten their big new Switch titles or at least on the way. Nintendo needs more hardware selling titles next year and a new DK game could be one of those titles. The only other title that could sell gangbusters and move consoles IMO is a new Mario Kart. But we dont know how that would work as we have never had 2 major retail MK releases on one Nintendo console before. Maybe Nintendo is afraid of releasing a new one in fear of splitting both games online user bases.

So in my mind Nintendo's 2020 line-up should look something like this:

- Animal Crossing: New Horizons (March)
- New Kirby title (hopefully thats better than Star Allies) as they usually release every 2 years. (May release)
- Mario Baseball or Golf title. Dont know which one but a Mario sports title is a given. (Summer launch)
- Super Mario Party 2 (Fall release)
- Bayonetta 3 (hopefully)
- Pikmin 4 (Holiday 2020)
- Skyward Sword HD or ports of Wind Waker/Twilight Princess HD
- New IP
- Detective Pikachu
- New Donkey Kong game (Holiday 2020)
- Warioware or Mario RPG title (dont know when they would launch)
- Metroid Prime Trilogy Remastered

What I fear Nintendo's 2020 will look like:

January - Nothing
February - Another Labo kit
March - Animal Crossing
April - Nothing
May - Pikmin 3 port
June - Mario Baseball or Golf
July - New Kirby game
August - New IP
September - Tokyo Mirage Sessions port
October - Super Mario Party 2 and Zelda Skyward Sword HD
November- Detective Pikachu and Mario Kart 9
December- Monolith Softs new game.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Im down for those 2 too. At the end of the day I just want more 1st party characters. Im in the minority but every 3rd party character added (besides Banjo because he feels like a long lost 1st party character) are BORING to me. Joker I cant stand as a character or his design, find Persona to be overrated, and I HATE fighting him in Smash and Hero while an important character in its own right idc about as I cant stand anime looking JRPG characters. Yeah Isaac is from a JRPG (and so is Porky) but at least he's first party and part of Nintendo's history so I can understand why they should be added unlike Joker.
Meh, I'd rather have both Joker and Hero, being main characters of new franchises than Porky or Sylux (I could probably list 100 characters I'd want before either of them). Both Persona and Dragon Quest are great, relevant, popular, and important series that complement the roster much better than another Metroid or Mother character. I chose Impa and Isaac as 1st parties in order to add one of the largest unrepresented 1st party series and a new Zelda rep, both of which are much needed as well.

I'd love a 1st party pass (75% of which solely to add Dixie in), but I don't hate the 3rd parties in any way. I really don't see the point on hating a series just because its "anime". The only character that fundamentally doesn’t belong in my view is that Piranha Plant. Mario already had enough and there were better or more popular choices like Toad/Waluigi/Geno.

But back to DK, here's hoping for a new game soon! I like your line up for 2020, I'm excited for Animal Crossing and really want more news on Pikmin 4.

Last edited:

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
So in my mind Nintendo's 2020 line-up should look something like this:

- Animal Crossing: New Horizons (March)
- New Kirby title (hopefully thats better than Star Allies) as they usually release every 2 years. (May release)
- Mario Baseball or Golf title. Dont know which one but a Mario sports title is a given. (Summer launch)
- Super Mario Party 2 (Fall release)
- Bayonetta 3 (hopefully)
- Pikmin 4 (Holiday 2020)
- Skyward Sword HD or ports of Wind Waker/Twilight Princess HD
- New IP
- Detective Pikachu
- New Donkey Kong game (Holiday 2020)
- Warioware or Mario RPG title (dont know when they would launch)
- Metroid Prime Trilogy Remastered
That would be so cool to have all of these

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
InASnowBoundLand InASnowBoundLand and KirbyWorshipper2465 KirbyWorshipper2465 God damn, I LIKE your attitudes! Lately I've been getting back into my interest for Dixie and this is just what I needed to read; I'm trying to recapture the enthusiasm I had back when I made that moveset, as it seems like a lot of the faith people had in Dixie has eroded. She seems to have been counted out again and as a fan of her I gotta do something about it; I have a drawing coming soon for her and hopefully it stirs the pot of creativity.

We do need to aim high though, very high in fact. It seems like we're expected to take the scraps and keep quiet, but if we show that Dixie is much more than Girl Diddy and Diddy's Minnie Mouse, we could turn heads with her. Just give me a couple weeks and I'll have something to show.

ze9

Smash Ace
In my opinion, Dixie's biggest problem is simply that, if you don't count Tropical Freeze and some spin-off appearances, she's practically been on ice since the SNES days. That's a lot of time. K. Rool at least had a central role in DK64, so that was one more generation of gamers for him (my generation, in fact).
And even in Tropical Freeze, as much as I love that game, Dixie (just like Diddy) is more of a sidekick instead of the main character on equal grounds with the other two that she was in the SNES days. Of course I'm happy that she got that role, but for a first-time DKC player it's understandable that she wouldn't spark that much passion. Though her being the objectively best kong helps.

But I think her situation is not so bleak. She's still one of the most notable characters who aren't playable yet, and I'm sure that even in the ballot she did well enough. We just have to keep on the support. The important thing is that she won't be missing when the next big DK game comes out.

Last edited:

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
I was born in 94 so I grew up mostly in the N64/GCN era of Nintendo. If I didnt have hand-me-down consoles from my family, I probably wouldn't have been exposed to DKC2 and Dixie Kong at all. And I gotta imagine a lot of the most vocal Smash fans are around my age or younger, so I can understand why she doesn't get the amount of fan support you'd think she warrants. Doesn't help that Nintendo rarely acknowledges DK characters who aren't DK or Diddy.

That said, ever since Banjo's reveal, I have been seeing a LOT more people express a desire for Dixie Kong in Smash, and sometimes Mario Kart/Tennis/Party as well. I've historically been one of the biggest cynics in this thread but seeing that fans actually do care about her has done a lot to turn my outlook around.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
In my opinion, Dixie's biggest problem is simply that, if you don't count Tropical Freeze and some spin-off appearances, she's practically been on ice since the SNES days. That's a lot of time. K. Rool at least had a central role in DK64, so that was one more generation of gamers for him (my generation, in fact).
And even in Tropical Freeze, as much as I love that game, Dixie (just like Diddy) is more of a sidekick instead of the main character on equal grounds with the other two that she was in the SNES days. Of course I'm happy that she got that role, but for a first-time DKC player it's understandable that she wouldn't spark that much passion. Though her being the objectively best kong helps.

But I think her situation is not so bleak. She's still one of the most notable characters who aren't playable yet, and I'm sure that even in the ballot she did well enough. We just have to keep on the support. The important thing is that she won't be missing when the next big DK game comes out.
Yeah, compared to cases like Captain Syrup that haven't showed up in anything for ages, she at least got a recent appearance. Exposure's one advantage she's got over most fan picks.

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
a second fighter pass where all rules are broken.
Nothing proved that more DLCs will break the system tho.

Yeah, I agree with two Rare characters are given, expecting a third one at this point could be too much. But a DK echo wouldn't have been too difficult to deal with. It would be sad if either Dixie or Funky echo doesn't become a thing by the end of Smash 5.

In my opinion, Dixie's biggest problem is simply that, if you don't count Tropical Freeze and some spin-off appearances, she's practically been on ice since the SNES days. .
While no knowing when the next DKC title comes, I would expect both Dixie and KRool to at least get some other spinoff appearances in the Switch era.

it's because Dixie is considered an ugly female. And for some reason, that's a turn off for them? Idk I'm just spitballing.
IMO she's not too far from Kazooie tho. Never thought Rare characters are here to rpesent any beauty unless we have transformed Gruntilda.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Missing the N64 was a huge blow to Dixie and probably a key reason why K. Rool was more popular. My first console was the SNES but I was on the border and born even a year or two later, it might have been the N64 instead. I've seen a fair amount of K. Rool supporters who have not played the DKC trilogy but played DK64 and support K. Rool just based on that.

Worth noting that the three best selling post-arcade DK games are DKC1, DKCR, and DK64, none of which feature Dixie.

ze9

Smash Ace
Yeah, pretty much. At least she was in the best DK games, tho. And those sold very well too.

I'm not sure on what we can do to increase Dixie's popularity for Smash, but I know that the time to strike is now. If they'll end up doing it, this is the exact moment in which Nintendo and Sakurai are deciding on whether to do a second batch of DLC or not.
We must let them know that we're ready to triple-dip on Rare characters!

StormC

Smash Hero
Yeah, pretty much. At least she was in the best DK games, tho. And those sold very well too.

I'm not sure on what we can do to increase Dixie's popularity for Smash, but I know that the time to strike is now. If they'll end up doing it, this is the exact moment in which Nintendo and Sakurai are deciding on whether to do a second batch of DLC or not.
We must let them know that we're ready to triple-dip on Rare characters!
Given Sakurai’s statement that he’s no longer taking fan feedback, I’m not sure we are in a position to do much. Just be positive about the character and keep her in the minds and hearts of fans. Talk about her positives like being a prime choice for a female newcomer as people lament that Ultimate is lacking in them, that she starred in two classic SNES games, that there are still DKC gameplay elements she could use that nobody else has, etc. right now the Dixie Twitter is doing exactly what it needs to, it’s growing a following and raising awareness.

It’s a marathon, not a sprint.

ze9

Smash Ace
Given Sakurai’s statement that he’s no longer taking fan feedback, I’m not sure we are in a position to do much. Just be positive about the character and keep her in the minds and hearts of fans. Talk about her positives like being a prime choice for a female newcomer as people lament that Ultimate is lacking in them, that she starred in two classic SNES games, that there are still DKC gameplay elements she could use that nobody else has, etc. right now the Dixie Twitter is doing exactly what it needs to, it’s growing a following and raising awareness.

It’s a marathon, not a sprint.
Well, to be fair, two weeks or so after having said that he revealed Banjo & Kazooie. I think they'll always consider the fan requests one way or the other.
You're right, though. Being fans is probably enough.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
We gotta show what a chimp with a long muscular arm growing out the back of her head can do; not just in fighting games but in another DKC. Think of her as a 3-armed or 5-limbed chimp; having an extra arm that can somehow fly and swim through currants is a plus for anyone, which is why we gotta highlight creative stuff like that for Dixie.

So, I wanted to draw some ideas, but not just my own. I wanted to ask y'all how you'd picture her reveal trailer would be, then do a rough storyboard for it. What's a weird coincidence is that gamexplain just uploaded a vid detailing Sakurai's Reveal Trailer thought processes a few hours ago. Watch this:
So, basically just come up with a trailer reveal and I'll make a crude storyboard. More detail is best.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Here's my trailer:

The rival images from both the K. Rool and Banjo trailers play in sequence again. There is no extra image, it just cuts to DK yawning as usual after the "DK / Diddy fighting K. Rool" image.

It cuts to the same layout as the K. Rool trailer, so K. Rool isn't their roommate this time, while DK and Diddy lounge around. After DK throws the banana peel behind them and scratches his butt, they hear some helicopter whirring outside, and the wind pushes Diddy's tire swing. DK and Diddy get up and look at each other.

They smoosh against the window as usual and, much faster than before, the shadow of the newcomer shows up. The camera cuts to a dark silhouette of Dixie Kong, then to a close up of the silhouette. It crouches, preparing to do the usual "take off disguise" maneuver...before DK and Diddy let out cries of protest, startling the silhouette. Cut back to the window and both DK and Diddy's expressions are nonplussed, with wry smiles on the corner of their mouths (they do this thing where their heads don't move but their eyes look at each other, then back at the silhouette).

They leave through the front door for the first time, and walk past the silhouette, who is now standing a little awkwardly, not sure what to do. Eventually, DK, with Diddy riding on his shoulder, points excitedly to a direction offscreen. The camera makes an extremely quick pan to that direction, where we immediately see the real Dixie Kong jovially waving to the camera, holding a smash invitation envelope. The tagline "DIXIE KONG SPINS TO WIN!" shows up, then, as it leaves, we see Diddy cartwheel next to her with a big smile on his face, and then DK walk in and pick them both up.

*Cut to a gameplay showcase of Dixie Kong's moveset, including a couple of references to her fight against K. Rool both times explaining why he was absent from the trailer otherwise*

The trailer ends and we see female Inkling with her Dixie costume to the side, leaning against a tree while pouting, disappointed her prank ultimately didn't work, as the three Kongs bounce between the trees and pick bananas. The real Dixie then comes in from above, startling her, and offers her a banana. She's flustered, but accepts, and learns she likes it. The two share a small smile and a moment of friendship, with Dixie letting out a happy laugh as Inkling lets out a "Woomy!"

Probably not the most creative, but I thought it would be a nice way of introducing Dixie and letting her share the spotlight with a much more modern character to remind everyone that Dixie has been seen pretty recently in Tropical Freeze.

I actually have a second idea for a trailer that is much more cinematic and action-packed, but I had enough trouble typing this all up on my phone as it is so when I'm on my laptop I'll post my other idea.

Last edited:

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Someone in the comments is creating sockpuppet accounts voting for Plusle and Minun so we need to counter!
See, this is how we know we're moving up in the world. I guarantee that sock puppeteer doesn't even care about Plusle and Minun, they just don't want Dixie to win. That's what happens whenever a character that's popular with "nineties kids" starts gaining traction. It happened to Ridley, it happened to King K. Rool, it happened to Banjo, and now, wouldn't ya know it, it's happening to Dixie.

Yea, DKC3 is my least favorite but I gotta give it credit for all the content it has.
Why is DKC3 everyone's least favorite? Even hardcore DKC connoisseurs (and/or people who don't hate Kiddy) like Courtney Svatek usually rank it dead last. But it's so much better than DKC1! It's longer, the level design is much more dynamic, the bosses are much better, every single world has new settings and gimmicks, and c'mon, it's Dixie's first starring role! There's so much to love about it.

Especially not in a game with a bunch of cuts.
It would be heartbreaking to see Dixie finally get in, but never be able to fight Banjo because Microsoft suddenly decided to not let him return. Who knows what the console wars would look like then?
Oh, that's not going to happen. I'm sure most of the cuts in Smash 6 will be echoes and maybe some of the less popular semi-clones like Young Link. If there are third-party cuts, Banjo will definitely not be one of them.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
See, this is how we know we're moving up in the world. I guarantee that sock puppeteer doesn't even care about Plusle and Minun, they just don't want Dixie to win. That's what happens whenever a character that's popular with "nineties kids" starts gaining traction. It happened to Ridley, it happened to King K. Rool, it happened to Banjo, and now, wouldn't ya know it, it's happening to Dixie.
Yup, I was talking about it in the comments and someone else who ran another tournament said that he/she was receiving the same sockpuppet accounts voting for the other character when they pit Dixie against another character in their own tournament. Seems like one guy has a lot of free time and an unhealthy hatred for her. Just like with Ridley, Rool, and Banjo.
Oh, that's not going to happen. I'm sure most of the cuts in Smash 6 will be echoes and maybe some of the less popular semi-clones like Young Link. If there are third-party cuts, Banjo will definitely not be one of them.
I like some of the clones and echoes though, and there are plenty that do. It's just more of a purity thing if anything, Dixie should be in the Ultimate game.

For all we know the console after the Switch could end up like the Wii U and have a far smaller install base, resulting in that Smash selling less the same way Smash Wii U sold less than Brawl.

And we really don't know how long Microsoft would be friendly towards Banjo being in Smash. Sakurai just barely got Cloud back, and last generation when the Xbox 360 was the higher seller Microsoft was less friendly than now. For all we know they could become massive ****s in the next gen and refuse to let them back in.

That is why Dixie being in Ultimate is the most ideal situation, far more than being in a game possibly 10 years from now that has an unsure install base and a watered down roster. Ultimate is the best selling game in the series and the "Ultimate" edition of Smash, I'd like Dixie to be in that light.

Last edited:

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
It's the memes, dog. He, Expand Dong, all that crap. They can be funny, but a certain brood of 2000s kids decided that's all DK can ever be, the "stupid" Nintendo series that's only good for memes. So when people like us (who actually played and remember the games) take them seriously, it really grinds their gears.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Let's be careful about spreading drama from other sites. Just report the person and let the poll creator deal with it. It's not our problem.

Of course, voting for who you want the most is important too on its own merits.

StormC

Smash Hero
Why is DKC3 everyone's least favorite? Even hardcore DKC connoisseurs (and/or people who don't hate Kiddy) like Courtney Svatek usually rank it dead last. But it's so much better than DKC1! It's longer, the level design is much more dynamic, the bosses are much better, every single world has new settings and gimmicks, and c'mon, it's Dixie's first starring role! There's so much to love about it.
The reasons given are generally:

-Soundtrack is the weakest of the trilogy
-Kiddy Kong
-Level design is often gimmicky
-Character designs are less appealing than the first two games

It's my second favorite behind DKC2, and I even used to prefer it to 2, but you could argue its biggest crime is not living up to the masterpiece before it.

Top Bottom