• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Can't wait for the strictly first party second fighter pass next year, so cool that Dixie is going to be the first character.
This but unironically. Except I think she's going to be the second character.

Also I'm not sure if I've ever posted in this thread before now, but hello! I like Dixie Kong. She's not on the top of my list, but she's definitely an inclusion I would be very happy to see.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Dixie Kong's kneepads aren't gone. They just retracted into her body. They will come out again, like the Kongs' teeth, when they're good and ready.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Hey, what if each Kong got their own Jungle Beat spin-off? As in a solo adventure in which a Kong goes out to separate kingdoms and saved the day?

Each Jungle Beat game would be a platformer that plays to that Kong's strengths. So while DK's was a fast-paced Beat Em Up where he relied on incredible raw muscle, Diddy's could be a 2D shooter/platformer hybrid due to his popguns, and Dixie's could be a vertical platformer (in the sense that 1/3rd of Uncharted's formula is a vertical platformer) to accommodate her hair abilities. So it could be like this:

Diddy Kong Jungle Beat: Diddy, going solo, fights his way through multiple kingdoms using his popguns, agility and rocketbarrels for high speed platforming and 2D gunplay. The setting is more technologically oriented than usual; Diddy keeps his Jungle technology but goes up against more tech-savvy enemies, like the 2D segments of Nier: Automata I guess. Funky tags along to provide Diddy with brand new guns and gadgets throughout the journey.

Dixie Kong Jungle Beat: Dixie goes off on an odyssey using her prehensile hair to fly through obstacles, swing around and slow her fall. She stars in a vertical Platformer along the lines of Uncharted and Celeste, scaling enormous structures, weaving through crumbling architecture and rarely touching the hazardous ground beneath her feet. The setting is more fantastic like floating ruins.

What do y'all think, and what would you come up with for other Kongs? Imagine a Lanky Kong Jungle Beat...

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Just beat Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest for the 1st time a couple of days ago, Definitely the best and toughest one from Rareware's SNES trilogy, Krazy Kremland was the toughest world for me, But was probably my favorite world.

Loved the music, Snakey Chantey, Barrel Bayou, Disco Train and of course Bramble Blast, I also love Cranky's Conga theme and always get a kick and laugh from the real monkey sounds in the theme while Diddy juggles and Dixie is sipping her juice box and have been mimicking the sounds around my household with 2 of my siblings laughing at it too, David Wise is amazing.

The Kremlings were great in the 1st game, But they absolutely ooze personality, wackiness and had much more character in the 2nd game and the pirate theme just makes them so much more appealing, This is definitely the game to show why fans love King K. Rool and the Kremlings so much.

DKC 2 is the toughest in the entire series and makes Tropical Freeze seem easier mainly because you can only take 2 hits and the closer camera via 4:3 aspect ratio makes reactions more tougher compared to the modern country series.

It's a tough call to decide whether Diddy's Kong Quest or Tropical Freeze is the best in the series, But I might still have to give a slight edge to Tropical Freeze in my opinion and honestly it might be just because it's more modern, But that's no knock on DKC 2 as both are the best platformers I have ever played.

Next up: Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
I'd probably put Tropical Freeze as my favorite DK game as well. I really liked being able to switch between Diddy, Dixie, and cranky. Also I think the fruit jungle world may be one of my favorite worlds in a DK game.

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
Hey, what if each Kong got their own Jungle Beat spin-off? As in a solo adventure in which a Kong goes out to separate kingdoms and saved the day?

Each Jungle Beat game would be a platformer that plays to that Kong's strengths. So while DK's was a fast-paced Beat Em Up where he relied on incredible raw muscle, Diddy's could be a 2D shooter/platformer hybrid due to his popguns, and Dixie's could be a vertical platformer (in the sense that 1/3rd of Uncharted's formula is a vertical platformer) to accommodate her hair abilities. So it could be like this:

Diddy Kong Jungle Beat: Diddy, going solo, fights his way through multiple kingdoms using his popguns, agility and rocketbarrels for high speed platforming and 2D gunplay. The setting is more technologically oriented than usual; Diddy keeps his Jungle technology but goes up against more tech-savvy enemies, like the 2D segments of Nier: Automata I guess. Funky tags along to provide Diddy with brand new guns and gadgets throughout the journey.

Dixie Kong Jungle Beat: Dixie goes off on an odyssey using her prehensile hair to fly through obstacles, swing around and slow her fall. She stars in a vertical Platformer along the lines of Uncharted and Celeste, scaling enormous structures, weaving through crumbling architecture and rarely touching the hazardous ground beneath her feet. The setting is more fantastic like floating ruins.

What do y'all think, and what would you come up with for other Kongs? Imagine a Lanky Kong Jungle Beat...
Lanky Kong Jungle Beat, eh?

Okay. In this Bionic Commando-esque platformer, Lanky is touring around various kingdoms with his comedy stand-up/circus hybrid show (Dixie with her big implausible locks would be one of the cast members because omnipresence is a hell of a drug), but a group of excessive, heckling raccoon tourists decides to go from egging on Lanky's show to actively harassing/sabotaging it.

Lanky, of course, retaliates through a variety of methods:
his signature elasticity for quirky grappling maneuvers/acrobatics with his arms, making air gusts by ballooning up, calling out Enguarde for elaborate hoop tricks, & using comedy props like cream pies, explosive whoopie cushions, joy buzzers, obnoxious trombone solos & of course, his trusty grape shooter. With enough skill, Lanky can charge up an all-out attack where he hits the stage to roast anyone caught in a shockwave.

Each kingdom would be conveniently structured with naturalistic landscapes consisting of swings, nets, tight-ropes, hoops and so on.

Most of this came out of thin air, so make of it what you will...

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

Okay. In this Bionic Commando-esque platformer, Lanky is touring around various kingdoms with his comedy stand-up/circus hybrid show (Dixie with her big implausible locks would be one of the cast members because omnipresence is a hell of a drug), but a group of excessive, heckling raccoon tourists decides to go from egging on Lanky's show to actively harassing/sabotaging it.

his signature elasticity for quirky grappling maneuvers/acrobatics with his arms, making air gusts by ballooning up, calling out Enguarde for elaborate hoop tricks, & using comedy props like cream pies, explosive whoopie cushions, joy buzzers, obnoxious trombone solos & of course, his trusty grape shooter. With enough skill, Lanky can charge up an all-out attack where he hits the stage to roast anyone caught in a shockwave.

Each kingdom would be conveniently structured with naturalistic landscapes consisting of swings, nets, tight-ropes, hoops and so on.

If this is a Bionic Commando clone then we need the lead raccoon's head must explode graphically. Y'know, for the kids!

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny

This is excellent! I honestly would not have thought this up; a circus is perfect for him and you GOTTA go Bionic Commando with him. Well done!

Also bringing in Enguarde reminds me of the Animal Buddies I'd envision for each Kong's adventure.

For Diddy, I'd say Squawks and Tricky from Diddy Kong Racing. Squawks flies near Diddy and provides backup by spitting projectiles and holding convenient objects like an energy shield that only protects Diddy and not himself. In those instances he flies parallel to Diddy's movements, so to make sure hazards don't hit Squawks you have to move Diddy a certain way. Tricky the triceratops is a large tank that Diddy rides while shooting obstacles as he tramples blockades. Levels featuring Tricky start off slow but get progressively fast-paced; you'll have to prevent enemies from killing Diddy as well as Tricky; think of those armored vehicle segments in shooters. Tricky is large enough to walk around on his back, and will start to slow down and show fatigue if he gets hurt too much; once he collapses you lose a life. These sections are dynamic, giving Diddy a wide mobile shooting gallery.

Dixie gets Squitter and a Banana Bird Princess. Squitter can walk up and down walls and run on ceilings that aren't adorned with hazards, allowing for gravity-defying gameplay in response to the often-nonexistent ground. He can also fire lines of silk that Dixie can tightrope walk on, zipline across and swing across like a vine. The Banana Bird Princess is an older version of the ones Dixie saved from DKC3, just made large enough to ride and given the title of princess to justify the size increase. On her back, Dixie can fly dynamically in vertical and horizontal manners, and the bird has a special ability to slow time and phase through matter! Slowing time allows Dixie to weave through chunks of debris as it rains down to fast to be avoided normally, and to phase through walls, the bird turns into a golden spear of energy as she zips through the object. This lets her pass through the otherwise impenetrable barriers that block the screen and debris too large for time slowing to dodge, BUT it needs to recharge after use. Don't use it for segments that slowing time can solve; gameplay is deliberately meant to make you over-rely on the phasing, and although the time slowing is more forgiving, abusing it will disable it or worse, freeze you in place, costing you a life on the spot.

How's this possible for the Banana Bird? Well it says they're magical but they don't specify how so I'm taking matters into my own hands. Both the Tricky Triceratops and Banana Bird princess segments are inspired by Tropical Freeze's Cannon Canyon, High Tide Ride and Reckless Ride. TT and BBP have some strictly 2D segments though, and BBP's segments are more dynamic since there's often no ground to navigate and you're flying. Think of Nier Automata's opening section for example. I kinda wanna draw this now lol.

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
How would you guys feel about DK Island being a playable world in a future Mario Odyssey title?

Might be fun to have a bunch of the Kongs as NPCs who hand Moons over to Mario. Various Kremlings could serve as enemies, with K Rool even being the final boss! Something like this seems more likely to happen right now while Retro is busy working on Metroid.

Justin Little

Smash Ace
I think it's important for DK and Mario to be treated as separate entities even if they are from the same universe. DK is usually unfortunately seen as a Mario spinoff and that prevents DK from having its own identity. It's why we don't have a DK series line of amiibo and most DK merchandise is wrongly labeled with the Super Mario logo. The separation is even more important to characters like Dixie, K. Rool, and the other DK cast because they often never get merchandised, only DK and Diddy do under the Super Mario series (which makes no sense as they never been in a Super Mario mainline title). Putting DK Island in Mario Odyssey would only reinforce this mentality in the future but worse. I fear chances of DK ever getting a 3D game of its own would be extremely low at that point. Something as grand as 3D platforming featuring Kremlings, K. Rool, and the Kongs should be saved for an actual 3D DK game rather than having that darn plumber snoop his big round nose where it doesn't belong.

ze9

Smash Ace
Agree. If it was up to me, Mario and the Kongs would only get to meet in Smash.
...and there would be a lot more DK stuff.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
How would you guys feel about DK Island being a playable world in a future Mario Odyssey title?

Might be fun to have a bunch of the Kongs as NPCs who hand Moons over to Mario. Various Kremlings could serve as enemies, with K Rool even being the final boss! Something like this seems more likely to happen right now while Retro is busy working on Metroid.
Yes please. I want more Mario universe crossovers.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I think it's important for DK and Mario to be treated as separate entities even if they are from the same universe. DK is usually unfortunately seen as a Mario spinoff and that prevents DK from having its own identity. It's why we don't have a DK series line of amiibo and most DK merchandise is wrongly labeled with the Super Mario logo. The separation is even more important to characters like Dixie, K. Rool, and the other DK cast because they often never get merchandised, only DK and Diddy do under the Super Mario series (which makes no sense as they never been in a Super Mario mainline title). Putting DK Island in Mario Odyssey would only reinforce this mentality in the future but worse. I fear chances of DK ever getting a 3D game of its own would be extremely low at that point. Something as grand as 3D platforming featuring Kremlings, K. Rool, and the Kongs should be saved for an actual 3D DK game rather than having that darn plumber snoop his big round nose where it doesn't belong.
I was down for the idea at first but holy ****, I never even considered that downside. You've changed my mind.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Yeah I'd only be okay with visiting DK Island in Mario Odyssey only once modern DK games better establish themselves as different enough from Mario.

In the meantime, I wouldn't mind Mario visiting Yoshi's Island.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
i dont mind dk crossing over with mario as long as its treated in the same way any other crossover would be. like if there was a dk world in conjunction with a zelda world or splatoon world or whatever.

i know that dk and mario were born from the same seed so i understand their worlds are connected that way, but at the same time the dk series has a unique identity unto itself and that needs to be respected.

DX_E

Smash Apprentice
It would have been awesome having a 3D DK boss battle in Odyssey... like instead of the sprite...battle? and then you could take over DK with cappy. It would of been a hella King Kong moment in New Donk City! And imagine if you were battling Bowser as DK except you were both Mega Mushroomed. King Kong Vs Godzilla! Of course you could do this in Smash......

But I'm grateful for all the DK easter eggs in the city. I agree also, I hope they establish the modern DK world more as it's own entity. I can't wait to see the DK world in Universal Studios. Hopefully they'll start making more DK merchandise because of that....and also having the whole DK crew in costume form. Yes.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Just beat Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest for the 1st time a couple of days ago, Definitely the best and toughest one from Rareware's SNES trilogy, Krazy Kremland was the toughest world for me, But was probably my favorite world.

Loved the music, Snakey Chantey, Barrel Bayou, Disco Train and of course Bramble Blast, I also love Cranky's Conga theme and always get a kick and laugh from the real monkey sounds in the theme while Diddy juggles and Dixie is sipping her juice box and have been mimicking the sounds around my household with 2 of my siblings laughing at it too, David Wise is amazing.

The Kremlings were great in the 1st game, But they absolutely ooze personality, wackiness and had much more character in the 2nd game and the pirate theme just makes them so much more appealing, This is definitely the game to show why fans love King K. Rool and the Kremlings so much.

DKC 2 is the toughest in the entire series and makes Tropical Freeze seem easier mainly because you can only take 2 hits and the closer camera via 4:3 aspect ratio makes reactions more tougher compared to the modern country series.

It's a tough call to decide whether Diddy's Kong Quest or Tropical Freeze is the best in the series, But I might still have to give a slight edge to Tropical Freeze in my opinion and honestly it might be just because it's more modern, But that's no knock on DKC 2 as both are the best platformers I have ever played.

Next up: Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double
Excellent analysis! DKC2 has a lot of charm, personality and is very hard. I think personally the Castle levels are my favorite, especially since Castle Crush makes sure you get well-acquainted with the music thanks to its "slow" pace. It really drives home how dramatic saving DK is and makes me want to succeed. Then there's Haunted Hall, which is my favorite cart level of the classic DKCs. It's nerve-wracking.

I look forward to your take on DKC3.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Excellent analysis! DKC2 has a lot of charm, personality and is very hard. I think personally the Castle levels are my favorite, especially since Castle Crush makes sure you get well-acquainted with the music thanks to its "slow" pace. It really drives home how dramatic saving DK is and makes me want to succeed. Then there's Haunted Hall, which is my favorite cart level of the classic DKCs. It's nerve-wracking.

I look forward to your take on DKC3.
Appreciate it, But DKC 2 was the only one left in the series that I haven't fully played yet until now other than vaguely 1 level or 2 once when I was 5 , So I just wanted to share my thoughts on it.

I grew up gaming during the N64 era, Missed out on the SNES era as it was just a little bit before my time (Born in '93), So while I owned a N64 and eventually got my DK fix with Donkey Kong 64, Everyone I knew who did owned an SNES always had the 1st DKC, But unfortunately none of the others, So as much as I wanted to play it, I never owned an SNES (I own A SNES Classic now) or knew anyone with a copy of DKC 2.

I have played the original DKC countless times over older cousins and some friends house growing up and DKC 3 I have played and beaten only once back around 2006-2007 at my sisters friends house who's older sibling had an old SNES lying around and let me play it anytime I visited, Played a lot of DKC 3 and Killer Instinct.

I'm already 2 worlds into DKC 3 and I'm starting to remember a lot of the stuff such as the music, world and enemies so it's jogging my memory, But I will still let you know my thoughts later on.

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
While I definitely agree with you as everything you said is true. DK IP really needs to regain its identity back as its own thing like in the 90's when Rare was still with Nintendo. Tired of people online lumping DK, Diddy, and Rool as "Mario" characters when people bring up Mario reps in Smash. I HATE how Nintendo killed DK's brand identity once Rare left. People my age (25 and up) always have and always will view DK as its own thing but people age 20 and younger view DK as another Mario spin-off series alongside Wario Land, Luigi's Mansion, and Yoshi.

But at the same time its hard because Nintendo has deprived us of our favorite DK characters for YEARS that if Dixie or Rool were added to the next Mario Kart or something I wouldn't complain because I just love seeing these characters. I think the best work around is Nintendo START MAKING MORE DK GAMES AND USING ALL THE CLASSIC CHARACTERS!!! This one DK game every 5-6 years is getting annoying as well as the spoon feeding of classic Rare characters.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
With Nintendo and Microsoft being closer than ever, I can realistically see a new Diddy Kong Racing-type game being a possibility sometime down the line (particularly with the Switch's Mario Kart title being a Wii U port with some new features, i think there's room for a new Nintendo kart racer on the console). That would be a great opportunity to bring back a lot of classic DK characters without having to go through Mario first.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
This meme has been trending recently with pretty much every female character under the sun, and while it doesn't really apply to Dixie, it would be nice to laugh at all those "K. Rool was enough" and "we don't need a boring 1st Party Wig Diddy" people, especially with her demand sinking dramatically in these past few months while tons of characters that would have been below her rose. We could even make our own version of "Hoes Mad".
EC8g3CnVUAMhii1.jpeg

Last edited:

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
This meme has been trending recently with pretty much every female character under the sun, and while it doesn't exactly apply to Dixie, it would be nice to laugh at all those "K. Rool was enough" and "we don't need a boring 1st Party" people.
Sad part is that Dixie technically was a demanded character judging by this thread's steady show of support over time, so she can't really apply.

tfw you're not demanded enough to get in alongside K. Rool nor neglected enough in demand to apply to this latest rumor

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Sad part is that Dixie technically was a demanded character judging by this thread's steady show of support over time, so she can't really apply.

tfw you're not demanded enough to get in alongside K. Rool nor neglected enough in demand to apply to this latest rumor
Yup that's her eternal paradox. Too obvious to generate excitement which in turn makes her not demanded enough but not neglected enough to make her an outright underdog that people love rooting for.

Last edited:

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
^this is Dixie's Kong's REAL Double Trouble

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
So the Mario Kart Tour Trailer dropped, and it looks like a buttload of characters were confirmed, including:

The standard 8, but also Waluigi, Koopalings, Rosalina, and most relevant to this thread, Diddy Kong. There are even alternate costumes for Mario and Peach. It really looks like the roster is going to be somewhat on par to the home console games, mainly Mario Kart 8.

Sure would be nice to have a certain ponytailed simian among them. I know she's not usually featured among the main Mario cast, but it'd be nice to have an exception that could turn into a pattern. Just at least give her a chance, Nintendo.

Trailer embedded here:

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
This meme has been trending recently with pretty much every female character under the sun, and while it doesn't really apply to Dixie, it would be nice to laugh at all those "K. Rool was enough" and "we don't need a boring 1st Party Wig Diddy" people, especially with her demand sinking dramatically in these past few months while tons of characters that would have been below her rose. We could even make our own version of "Hoes Mad".
Yeah I just dont see that being Dixie in any capacity my guess its gonna be a niche female JRPG character that most people dont know and wont give a crap about or Eldegard/Female Byleth (I doubt that too because they arent 3rd party).

Last edited:

Rikarte

Smash Ace
I recently played through the entire DKC trilogy again and had an absolute blast. Don't think Dixie is getting in this time but I think she has a great shot for the next game. Donkey Kong Country seriously deserves some better representation, especially in terms of music.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Agree. If it was up to me, Mario and the Kongs would only get to meet in Smash.
...and there would be a lot more DK stuff.
It wouldn't hurt for the Kongs and the Kremlings to be invited to Mario Kart races though.
Appreciate it, But DKC 2 was the only one left in the series that I haven't fully played yet until now other than vaguely 1 level or 2 once when I was 5 , So I just wanted to share my thoughts on it.

I grew up gaming during the N64 era, Missed out on the SNES era as it was just a little bit before my time (Born in '93), So while I owned a N64 and eventually got my DK fix with Donkey Kong 64, Everyone I knew who did owned an SNES always had the 1st DKC, But unfortunately none of the others, So as much as I wanted to play it, I never owned an SNES (I own A SNES Classic now) or knew anyone with a copy of DKC 2.

I have played the original DKC countless times over older cousins and some friends house growing up and DKC 3 I have played and beaten only once back around 2006-2007 at my sisters friends house who's older sibling had an old SNES lying around and let me play it anytime I visited, Played a lot of DKC 3 and Killer Instinct.

I'm already 2 worlds into DKC 3 and I'm starting to remember a lot of the stuff such as the music, world and enemies so it's jogging my memory, But I will still let you know my thoughts later on.
I was born in 96 so I didn't get to play the DKC trilogy until many years later on the Wii U VC. Hell as much of a N64 fanboy as I am, I really didn't get to play many of my favorite N64 games upon release as I was kind of young. Majora's Mask, Banjo-Tooie, and Mario Party 3 are the only N64 games I can really recall playing upon or very near after release.

I grew up with more of the Gamecube era of games, but the N64 though holds a much more special place in my heart regardless of that.
While I definitely agree with you as everything you said is true. DK IP really needs to regain its identity back as its own thing like in the 90's when Rare was still with Nintendo. Tired of people online lumping DK, Diddy, and Rool as "Mario" characters when people bring up Mario reps in Smash. I HATE how Nintendo killed DK's brand identity once Rare left. People my age (25 and up) always have and always will view DK as its own thing but people age 20 and younger view DK as another Mario spin-off series alongside Wario Land, Luigi's Mansion, and Yoshi.

But at the same time its hard because Nintendo has deprived us of our favorite DK characters for YEARS that if Dixie or Rool were added to the next Mario Kart or something I wouldn't complain because I just love seeing these characters. I think the best work around is Nintendo START MAKING MORE DK GAMES AND USING ALL THE CLASSIC CHARACTERS!!! This one DK game every 5-6 years is getting annoying as well as the spoon feeding of classic Rare characters.
It would be very nice for DK to get games as fast as the plumber and I think we kind of deserve that treatment because had Rare not left Nintendo during the buyout, It's very likely DK would have surpassed the Zelda series in sales as it is currently Nintendo's 5th best selling franchise.

When you think about that, that's outstanding DK was able to hold that ground in terms of sales since there was only 2 mainline games and a few spin offs release in the past 2 decades. Imagine had Rare stick with Nintendo? My God it would have been a glorious timeline.

I recently played through the entire DKC trilogy again and had an absolute blast. Don't think Dixie is getting in this time but I think she has a great shot for the next game. Donkey Kong Country seriously deserves some better representation, especially in terms of music.
I agree. Call us spoiled, but honestly I think us DK fans deserved both K. Rool and Dixie in this game especially since DK went 2 games without any newcomers. Games being Melee and Smash 4.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
It wouldn't hurt for the Kongs and the Kremlings to be invited to Mario Kart races though.
They should do what they did in Mario Baseball and bring the whole crew.
We got Diddy, but we need Funky back, along with Dixie, Tiny, K. Rool, Cranky, and Pauline.

I agree. Call us spoiled, but honestly I think us DK fans deserved both K. Rool and Dixie in this game especially since DK went 2 games without any newcomers. Games being Melee and Smash 4.
I don't think it's spoiled at all when Metroid got both Ridley and Dark Samus, and Mario, Pokemon, and FE get drowned in characters.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I'm still reeling from the failed datamining of Dr. Squitter in Dr. Mario World. Somehow, "Dr. Baby Daisy" is a thing but Dr. Squitter and his meat thermometer aren't. Maybe that's why so few DK characters visit the Mushroom Kingdom these days. The threat of salmonella. Can't blame them.

Justin Little

Smash Ace
So the Mario Kart Tour Trailer dropped, and it looks like a buttload of characters were confirmed, including:

The standard 8, but also Waluigi, Koopalings, Rosalina, and most relevant to this thread, Diddy Kong. There are even alternate costumes for Mario and Peach. It really looks like the roster is going to be somewhat on par to the home console games, mainly Mario Kart 8.

Sure would be nice to have a certain ponytailed simian among them. I know she's not usually featured among the main Mario cast, but it'd be nice to have an exception that could turn into a pattern. Just at least give her a chance, Nintendo.
It's sad Diddy hasn't been seen racing in 11 years, and when he finally comes back he only gets a second of screen time... for a mobile game. SMH.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
my first thought was d.va tbh but thats only because everyone was saying tracer yesterday

im not putting a lot of stock into leaks anyway

Toady

Smash Cadet
NNID
DrToadigerr
3DS FC
3480-2729-9032
Switch FC
SW-4465-1459-3015
So I've been mulling over this idea for a couple days now and I figured this would be a good place to post it without it getting buried or cast off as just typical speculation spam.

I've always stood by the fact that I think Dixie's best chance at getting into THIS game is as an echo fighter. Whether that means an Echo Fighter DLC Pass or something else (more on that later), I just don't think she'll be a straight up newcomer until the next game, and even then she'd probably still be a semi-clone.

ANYWAY. Nintendo has obviously made a big deal about the Rare universe with Banjo's trailer literally just being K. Rool's trailer and featuring the DK reps. Plus, I always thought it was weird that Nintendo went to the trouble of creating the label of "echo fighters" while only putting like 4 or 5 of them actually in the game, while keeping other clones ambiguous (Pichu, Dr. Mario, etc.). While personally I think an Echo Fighter pack would be cool, what if Dixie was released WITH Banjo?

There have only been two DLC releases thus far so we can't say there's an established pattern in place that makes it impossible. We know Dixie has been on the table since Brawl, and she's technically only gained popularity since then (Tropical Freeze releasing twice). Sakurai knows the demand for DK reps too. I would be shocked to find out that Dixie was NEVER considered at the very least for an Echo Fighter. So what if she's been developed on the side up until now?

Bottom line is that it's a huge shot in the dark, but IF they were to release Dixie Kong as an Echo Fighter without plans to do a full Echo Fighter pack, Banjo's release would be the PERFECT time to do it. She wouldn't take up a new number slot. We'd get a new DK rep and a new female rep. Aside from whatever workload it would take from the team (I have no way to weigh this but I don't want to make it sound like it's super easy or anything), output-wise it seems like a win-win.

Top Bottom