• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

SeashoreWar

Smash Journeyman
Finally compiled all the Mario Kart stuff I've done so far. Pretty much everything got some sort of revamp (Expresso got completely redone lol) and there's even some new additions like Pauline!

https://i.imgur.com/bk2hebO.png

I do wanna do enemy vehicles at some point, but I have another idea that I wanna get started on so that will have to wait. On to the next project!

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
that's quite a nice assortment of mario kart assets you've got!

y'know, i was looking at the tropical freeze opening cutscene today and thought: somewhere in retro's/nintendo's database is that really high-quality 3d model of dixie kong. it'd be a shame if they never used it again...

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
Would anyone like to co-run the Dixie twitter with me? If you're interested just shoot me a PM.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I'm finally going to get to fully play Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest for the first time !!!

Just beat Donkey Kong Country on my SNES Classic a couple of weeks ago, But have played and beaten it before a few times over the years at friends and older cousins houses as a kid.

I only played DKC 2 briefly at a friends house back when I was 5-6 years old back in the late 90's, But this will be my 1st real playthrough.

I plan to play Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble after DKC 2, Though I have beaten that game before only once ,But that was back in 2007 and haven't played it since.

I also plan to replay Donkey Kong 64 in September to round out DKC's and DK 64's 25th and 20th Anniversary.

Last edited:

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
the SSBU portion of EVO 2019 was introduced with a remix of Lockjaw's Saga from DKC2

I just thought that was neat

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Dixie Kong is the only character left that would make Ultimate's roster perfection. Anybody else would be a great bonus, but Dixie is that last Jiggy to complete the puzzle.

Justin Little

Smash Ace
Dixie and Rayman would make the roster complete to me. I'm surprised a big partner company like Ubisoft gets bread crumbs like spirits and not a playable character.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Dixie Kong is the only character left that would make Ultimate's roster perfection. Anybody else would be a great bonus, but Dixie is that last Jiggy to complete the puzzle.
She needs to be 1st in line among the 1st Party characters at the very least. Obviously there are others that I would be overjoyed to see, but Dixie should be at the very front.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Dixie and Rayman would make the roster complete to me. I'm surprised a big partner company like Ubisoft gets bread crumbs like spirits and not a playable character.
On the topic of 3rd party characters, I believe there is just too many icons left to be included in Smash. Icons such as:

Master Chief
Doomguy
Crash Bandicoot
Rayman
Spyro
Sora
Lora Croft
Kratos
Ezio Auditore
Heihachi
Nightmare

Ect, ect. The list goes on forever.

Notice how all the 3rd party characters on my list besides Heihachi and Nightmare are all from western developers.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Sakurai please just make more Fighter's Passes (or at least individual DLC) instead of a Smash 6 with a cut down roster. I want to see Dixie fight along Banjo and Pichu and Snake and Cloud and all the rest, just let her be in Ultimate not make her wait for Smash 6. You literally have a model, just paste the Mii hat onto Diddy and add eyelashes (or use the high rez one from Tropical Freeze or her trophy from Smash 4) and give her DK's up B, and a bubblegum popgun, and maybe a few hair based moves and unique taunts, and she can either be a Ken/Chrom Echo or an Isabelle/Lucas/Wolf semiclone.

Last edited:

ze9

Smash Ace
Well.
Smash EVO viewership has apparently set new records, the game's sales are having strong legs (it's still charting in Japan IIRC), DLC hype is very high for every character released, and the game is still looking well balanced.
Smash hype in general is at the highest it's ever been, I think.
If they won't do a second Pass (or something like that), it's because for any reason they really just don't want to do it.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I'm late, but here's my ranking of the DK games:

DKC: B
DKC2: A+
DKC3: B-
DK64: C
DKJB: B+
DKCR: A
DKCTF: A++

I ranked DKC3 lower than DKC1 but it truthfully has more going for it than the 1st game; it simply lacks the charm, music and impact that DKC1 has. The Replay Value is higher though.

DK64 I think is the weakest because it's too much like Banjo-Kazooie in tone, pacing, atmosphere and music. Sure, Frantic Factory, Gloomy Galleon and Crystal Caverns are very DKC-like, but the other levels are basically B-K areas remodeled. It seems rushed and K. Rool's fight has unnecessary padding--the whole game does. However, Hideout Helm was an EXCELLENT finale; back when I was 7 that whole sequence plus the music had me at peak anxiety. I was genuinely afraid to fail; it felt like everyone I knew was gonna die if I didn't stop K. Rool. I wouldn't experience genuine gut-wrenching desperation like that until Mass Effect 2's Suicide Mission 12 years later. Succeeding made those near-traumatic feelings worth it.

Then we have Jungle Beat, the most Nintendo-like DK game. I ignored it because it had bongos and wasn't Rare's but the game is very well-made, action-packed and straight up fun. I'm glad it "failed" though, because we wouldn't have gotten Retro to make DK games, but DKJB still has a lot going for it and it'd be nice if they incorporate that explosive clap DK uses. I didn't respect DK as a character until this game.

Next up is Returns. Very good game, but like DKC2, the sequel that came next makes the previous look bad. I enjoyed revisiting the newly updated DK Isle, and Returns has the best minecart levels of them all, as well as the most. A good game, but Tropical Freeze is much better.
Finally compiled all the Mario Kart stuff I've done so far. Pretty much everything got some sort of revamp (Expresso got completely redone lol) and there's even some new additions like Pauline!

https://i.imgur.com/bk2hebO.png

I do wanna do enemy vehicles at some point, but I have another idea that I wanna get started on so that will have to wait. On to the next project!
Excellent work! Thank you for ALL your ideas they've been very cool to see; I look forward to your next project.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Sakurai please just make more Fighter's Passes (or at least individual DLC) instead of a Smash 6 with a cut down roster. I want to see Dixie fight along Banjo and Pichu and Snake and Cloud and all the rest, just let her be in Ultimate not make her wait for Smash 6. You literally have a model, just paste the Mii hat onto Diddy and add eyelashes (or use the high rez one from Tropical Freeze or her trophy from Smash 4) and give her DK's up B, and a bubblegum popgun, and maybe a few hair based moves and unique taunts, and she can either be a Ken/Chrom Echo or an Isabelle/Lucas/Wolf semiclone.
Sakurai's response:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I actually think this is more likely than a Smash 6. The Switch will likely be replaced in a few years, and I think a Smash Ultimate port with another Fighter Pass is more likely than a new game. Reason being: The roster is too freaking big and cutting fighters would be going against what they preached with Smash Ultimate (everyone is here).
On the topic of 3rd party characters, I believe there is just too many icons left to be included in Smash. Icons such as:

Ect, ect. The list goes on forever.
I disagree. Just because someone is popular from a popular game, it doesn't mean they should be included in Smash. The list of third part people that has any business in Smash, IMO, is actually very tiny. Crash, Rayman, maybe Jill Valentine, maybe someone from Mortal Kombat and even Sora if Disney doesn't get in the way.

Don't get me wrong, there are some popular weird additions I think would be interesting in Smash, like Diablo, or someone from League of Legends (I don't even like the game but it has been the most popular online game for years, it is a big part of modern gaming) but do I think they should be in Smash? No.

Personally, I would rather get Dixie, Captain Toad, even freaking Bandana Dee instead of Assassin's Creed Guy.

But at the end of the day, what you and I think doesn't matter. Nintendo is who gets to decide who joins the roster.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I actually think this is more likely than a Smash 6. The Switch will likely be replaced in a few years, and I think a Smash Ultimate port with another Fighter Pass is more likely than a new game. Reason being: The roster is too freaking big and cutting fighters would be going against what they preached with Smash Ultimate (everyone is here).

I disagree. Just because someone is popular from a popular game, it doesn't mean they should be included in Smash. The list of third part people that has any business in Smash, IMO, is actually very tiny. Crash, Rayman, maybe Jill Valentine, maybe someone from Mortal Kombat and even Sora if Disney doesn't get in the way.

Don't get me wrong, there are some popular weird additions I think would be interesting in Smash, like Diablo, or someone from League of Legends (I don't even like the game but it has been the most popular online game for years, it is a big part of modern gaming) but do I think they should be in Smash? No.

Personally, I would rather get Dixie, Captain Toad, even freaking Bandana Dee instead of Assassin's Creed Guy.

But at the end of the day, what you and I think doesn't matter. Nintendo is who gets to decide who joins the roster.
I didn't say I wanted those 3rd party characters I listed, I was just saying they are icons. Most notable gaming icons not yet in Smash. But I'm with you, characters shouldn't just get in because they're a big icon. I much prefer most of Nintendo's remaining catalogue of characters.

Characters such as:

Krystal
Dixie Kong
Porky Minch
Pig Ganon
Skull Kid
Cranky Kong
Funky Kong
Lanky Kong
Medusa
Hades
Viridi
Marx
Bandana Dee
Paper Mario
Elma
Rex & Pyra
Mach Rider
Ayumi Tachibana
Lip
Mona
Ashley
Wart
Shy Guy
Kamek

The only 3rd party characters I truly desire that's left for me are Goemon, Zero, Tron Bonne, Shantae, Chun Li, Geno, and Sephiroth. There is really nobody else from the 3rd parties that need but them.

Last edited:

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
I didn't say I wanted those 3rd party characters I listed, I was just saying they are icons. Most notable gaming icons not yet in Smash. But I'm with you, characters shouldn't just get in because they're a big icon. I much prefer most of Nintendo's remaining catalogue of characters.

Characters such as:

Krystal
Dixie Kong
Porky Minch
Pig Ganon
Skull Kid
Cranky Kong
Funky Kong
Lanky Kong
Medusa
Hades
Viridi
Marx
Bandana Dee
Paper Mario
Elma
Rex & Pyra
Mach Rider
Ayumi Tachibana
Lip
Mona
Ashley
Wart
Shy Guy
Kamek

The only 3rd party characters I truly desire that's left for me are Goemon, Zero, Tron Bonne, Shantae, Chun Li, Geno, and Sephiroth. There is really nobody else from the 3rd parties that need but them.
I have to disagree. Besides Dixie Kong and new Switch characters, I think Nintendo's catalog is basically good as is. We have 67 Nintendo characters. It's time to focus on third-party primarily.

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Yeah I've said it before and I'll day it again I dont care for 3rd parties in Smash. Never have and never will. So to see Nintendo feel their own remaining catalog of characters "aren't good enough" to sell as DLC feels like a slap in the face to me. This fighters pass does nothing for me personally and neither did any of Smash 4's DLC characters (besides Mewtwo but he wasnt even a newcomer). I'm kinda excited for Banjo just because he feels like a long lost Nintendo character and I like classic Rare. Not to mention Banjo in Smash actually feels monumental unlike someone like Joker who just felt like just another recent anime character from a JRPG series to me. At least with Hero (even if I dont care for him) I can understand WHY he is here. Due to DQ being HUGE in Japan and DQ being the series that basically launched JRPG's to where they are now AND they have a very strong Nintendo history tie. In fact Im shocked it took this long to get DQ representation I sure as hell would've put him in before Snake, Cloud, and Joker thats for sure..

Im in the minority camp that doesnt think we will get a 2nd fighters pass and even in the slim chance we did I feel it will once again be more 3rd party characters or in the slim chance we get 1st party characters they will be newer 1st party characters to promote upcoming titles. I really do feel Banjo is probably the last fan pick character we get. Just sucks cause Dixie should've been added a LONG time ago..

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Well, I'm somewhere in the middle. There are some 1st Parties I really want, some that I'm indifferent to, and then there are some 1st Parties I don't care for in the least, or actively don't want. Same goes for 3rd Parties, there are some that I want, some in the middle, and some I don't want or care for.

I don't really see the point in lumping ALL 1st Party picks or ALL 3rd Party picks together because there will always be nuance.

Last edited:

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
I agree that 3rd parties in smash were floodgates that I'm not entirely sure I wanted opened. Having Sonic and Snake in Brawl were cool because there were only two of them, they truly felt like guests. Now it just kinda feels like Smash is becoming a third-party crossover primarily with DLC.

Mariomaniac45213

Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I agree that 3rd parties in smash were floodgates that I'm not entirely sure I wanted opened. Having Sonic and Snake in Brawl were cool because there were only two of them, they truly felt like guests. Now it just kinda feels like Smash is becoming a third-party crossover primarily with DLC.
Exactly how I feel. Smash has lost its identity as a celebration of Nintendo's history and has now/becoming "Videogame Characters: The Fighter". To a lot of people thats what they want and get excited for. Not me but I know Im in the minority. While I hate fighting the 3rd party characters online (all the 3rd parties in my roster are still locked behind the challengers approaching door) at least Im thankful I dont have to buy the DLC as much as I would like to if the characters had been Dixie, Bandana Dee, Captain Toad/Toadette, Sylux, and Porky Minch or something. But at the very least from what I've seen 75% of the people online are satisfied with the DLC choices so far and honestly thats a good percentage. Because obviously not every character is gonna appeal to everyone. At least the bright side in my eyes I was able to save $25 and look forward to future games as honestly my time with Smash is coming to a close. I love Ultimate and what it has done/trying to do but theirs just too much stuff I think that could be improved and isnt being improved on thats hampering my enjoyment on the game.

At this point my honest focus is just on the next DK game. I use to be a big poster on here pre-Ultimate launch but since the game launched I got K.Rool (the character I wanted the most) and then the fighters pass got announced and it was announced they would all be 3rd parties killed my interest in not only Smash Bros but posting on this site (I gotta remove my premium membership as well). But the only reason I still post here is because I like chatting with people in this thread only because we share the same love and passion not only for Dixie Kong as a character but the DK franchise as a whole. Its hard to find people like that. So while I think Dixie has no shot at being in Ultimate. Im mostly here to discuss ideas and theories about the next DK game and the possibilities of Dixies role as well as K.Rool's.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Ah good, more complaining about 3rd Parties Discourse. We're really harping on that, huh?

oh good more piranha plant discourse
we're really harping on piranha plant huh
But I was the immature one for whining about the Plant.

Not me but I know Im in the minority. While I hate fighting the 3rd party characters online (all the 3rd parties in my roster are still locked behind the challengers approaching door) at least Im thankful I dont have to buy the DLC as much as I would like to if the characters had been Dixie, Bandana Dee, Captain Toad/Toadette, Sylux, and Porky Minch or something. But at the very least from what I've seen 75% of the people online are satisfied with the DLC choices so far and honestly thats a good percentage.
I would take every single 3rd Party currently in Smash in a heartbeat over Sylux or Porky. Neither of them are even remotely important in anyway and there are probably at minimum 100 characters I could name off the top of my head that I'd want to get in before either of them.

Last edited:

ze9

Smash Ace
I... I think I may actually prefer 3rd party characters from now on.
The main reason is this: Ultimate's newcomer pool has been awesome, but Smash 4 in my opinion really sucked hard, it nearly ruined Smash for me.
Smash's main concept was being a celebration of Nintendo's best, and I think "celebration of gaming's best" is a more natural evolution from that compared to "celebration of randomly assorted characters from whatever games we released recently".
Plus, thanks to Smash I got into Megaman, Castlevania, Final Fantasy, Doom (heh) and soon probably Dragon Quest; just like it made me get into Metroid, Earthbound, F-Zero, Starfox and Fire Emblem back in the Melee/Brawl days, something which I'm very thankful for.
I don't think there's many Nintendo series left unrepresented that feel like an essential part of a gamer's experience like that, and anyways, the direction they've taken with 1st party characters, with a couple of big (and scaly) exceptions, is clearly not that of fan-favorites and obscure cult picks. We're never going to get characters from Sin & Punishment or Eternal Darkness. 1st party characters would probably be, you know who: Rex, someone from 3H, the Astral Chain cops, Springman and this kind of things. I just have no interest in that. I much prefer to see Smash increase its scope as gaming's biggest crossover and bring even more iconic characters into the fray. And, give or take Joker and Bayonetta, until now the 3rd party choices have been 100% on point.

If they were to add the GOOD kind of 1st party characters, though, I'd probably prefer that. Dixie, Skull Kid, Toad, Porky... gimme those guys.

Mariomaniac45213

Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Wasnt really trying to start a 3rd party vs. 1st party war. I dont want to derail the topic off of Dixie Kong. I was just giving my opinions on the matter wasnt trying to put 3rd party characters down. I even said most people are enjoying the 3rd parties and Im in the minority. If you enjoy these characters more power to you they are here the characters I want are not and probably never will be so congrats you guys should be happy. Honestly I would probably be more open to 3rd parties if Smash 64 or Melee had 3rd parties in it but the way Smash has always been billed to me in my eyes is "Nintendo characters duking it out battle royale" so to see 3rd parties come in and constantly being added feels less like "guest characters" and more like they are just changing Smash identity entirely TO ME. I have to emphasize that. Its not that way to everybody.

Before I give off the wrong idea. Yes I play more than just Nintendo games. I have always owned more than just Nintendo systems (mostly SEGA/Sony consoles). I currently own 100+ Switch games. So Im not coming at it from a "3rd parties are inferior to Nintendo IP" even though I enjoy Nintendo IP more than a lot of 3rd party franchises. I still play a variety of games. Its just not how I envisioned Smash Bros. becoming. Basically like I said I grew up with Smash 64 so it was sold to me as one thing and "evolved" to another and its my choice as a consumer if I enjoy the way the series has taken. Once again Im not putting down Sakurai or the fans that enjoy what Smash has become if you enjoy it Im happy for you but to me this is a good analogy (I think) Its like watching the MCU from Iron Man to Endgame. Then in the final battle when the portals open all the Marvel characters come out then all of a sudden more portals open and out comes Batman, the Ninja Turtles, Superman, Goku, Optimus Prime, etc. To some people that would be the most amazing thing ever but to me it would just be like "Wow how random..I was on this Marvel journey for 10 years then all of a sudden you just threw in a bunch of other IP?"

Also their are 1st party characters on the roster if the next Smash has cuts I would gladly cut before any 3rd parties like Dr. Mario, R.O.B., Pirhana Plant, Young Link, Pichu, Roy, and Lucina for instance. So its not like I just blindly love whatever 1st party character Sakurai decides to throw at me. Lol Maybe my indifference to 3rd parties is just that I feel a bit scorned that characters like Snake and Cloud got in before characters like Ridley and K.Rool and still before characters like Dixie Kong, Toad, Waluigi, Krystal etc. Hell Im upset Plant got in before some of those characters and hes first party lol.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Anyone who claims Nintendo has no more worthwhile series to include is clearly not very well-versed in videogame history and is doing themselves a disservice.

Some Beedrill

Smash Apprentice
Wait if Dixie is a Nintendo All Star for starring in about 10 games, wouldn't Tingle also count because he has also had major appearances and stand alone games? (jk just thought the title was really superlative)

Anyone who claims Nintendo has no more worthwhile series to include is clearly not very well-versed in videogame history and is doing themselves a disservice.
Nintendo certainly does a have many series that can squirt out many interesting characters, but all of Nintendo's series that represent Gaming or just their own little bubble is already in the game with (arguably) some extras.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Wasnt really trying to start a 3rd party vs. 1st party war. I dont want to derail the topic off of Dixie Kong. I was just giving my opinions on the matter wasnt trying to put 3rd party characters down. I even said most people are enjoying the 3rd parties and Im in the minority. If you enjoy these characters more power to you they are here the characters I want are not and probably never will be so congrats you guys should be happy. Honestly I would probably be more open to 3rd parties if Smash 64 or Melee had 3rd parties in it but the way Smash has always been billed to me in my eyes is "Nintendo characters duking it out battle royale" so to see 3rd parties come in and constantly being added feels less like "guest characters" and more like they are just changing Smash identity entirely TO ME. I have to emphasize that. Its not that way to everybody.
At this point there are more games with 3rd Parties than without, and Smash has had 3rd Parties for a longer time throughout its history. Ironically, some the 3rd Parties are friendlier when using their IP compared to some 2nd Parties like Pokemon (Sonic, Megaman, and Pacman having Yoshi's Wooly World Amiibo costumes and unique sound effects in Mario Maker but not Pokemon). A lot of these 3rd Parties have become just as associated with Nintendo as 1st Parties (Megaman and Simon Belmont appearing in Captain N alongside Pit is one example).

Before I give off the wrong idea. Yes I play more than just Nintendo games. I have always owned more than just Nintendo systems (mostly SEGA/Sony consoles). I currently own 100+ Switch games. So Im not coming at it from a "3rd parties are inferior to Nintendo IP" even though I enjoy Nintendo IP more than a lot of 3rd party franchises. I still play a variety of games. Its just not how I envisioned Smash Bros. becoming. Basically like I said I grew up with Smash 64 so it was sold to me as one thing and "evolved" to another and its my choice as a consumer if I enjoy the way the series has taken. Once again Im not putting down Sakurai or the fans that enjoy what Smash has become if you enjoy it Im happy for you but to me this is a good analogy (I think) Its like watching the MCU from Iron Man to Endgame. Then in the final battle when the portals open all the Marvel characters come out then all of a sudden more portals open and out comes Batman, the Ninja Turtles, Superman, Goku, Optimus Prime, etc. To some people that would be the most amazing thing ever but to me it would just be like "Wow how random..I was on this Marvel journey for 10 years then all of a sudden you just threw in a bunch of other IP?"
Even without taking into account the massive differences between randomly introducing characters at the end of a long series of movies vs adding characters to a video game, with story being a much greater factor in the former, difference between that is Marvel characters constantly interact with each other throughout their lore and actually exist in the same world, unlike Nintendo IPs, which generally exist in separate worlds.

Batman and Superman in the MCU would be the equivalent of adding Kratos and Sackboy to Smash (never in a million years), because they belong to the direct competitors of Marvel. Goku, the Turtles, and Optimus Prime being there would be the equivalent of adding, well, Goku, the Turtles, and Optimus Prime to Smash, them being in the MCU is like adding 4th Party characters to Smash rather than 3rd Parties.

Most of the 3rd Parties do have a large history with Nintendo whether through their franchise (Persona connected with SMT and FF 1-6) or themselves. That's the thing about video games, the way they work is vastly different from comic books or movies in that every IP can appear on a console and get associated with them. Phoenix Wright hasn't made any direct significant crossovers with Nintendo IPs, yet he's largely associated with Nintendo and is a hugely requested character.

Also their are 1st party characters on the roster if the next Smash has cuts I would gladly cut before any 3rd parties like Dr. Mario, R.O.B., Pirhana Plant, Young Link, Pichu, Roy, and Lucina for instance. So its not like I just blindly love whatever 1st party character Sakurai decides to throw at me. Lol Maybe my indifference to 3rd parties is just that I feel a bit scorned that characters like Snake and Cloud got in before characters like Ridley and K.Rool and still before characters like Dixie Kong, Toad, Waluigi, Krystal etc. Hell Im upset Plant got in before some of those characters and hes first party lol.
Nuance is key, like I said. I would disagree with cutting some of those first Parties you mentioned, and would still probably take most of them (aside from Plant, maybe) over characters like Porky and Sylux.
Lucina is practically one of the main mascots of Fire Emblem by now and R.O.B. is an important part of Nintendo history. They certainly do not deserve to be lumped with the rest. Even all those other characters don’t deserve to be lumped in with Plant.

Last edited:

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
Ah good, more complaining about 3rd Parties Discourse. We're really harping on that, huh?

But I was the immature one for whining about the Plant.
i don't know what you want me to say. i'm sorry that i was so dismissive of your opinions, i just didn't want to have that conversation here. and i don't want this thread to become us attacking each other.

StormC

Smash Hero
I have to disagree. Besides Dixie Kong and new Switch characters, I think Nintendo's catalog is basically good as is. We have 67 Nintendo characters. It's time to focus on third-party primarily.
It's still primarily a Nintendo crossover though. Nothing wrong with digging into the company's archives. It's the only way you get to play as the villains and quirky side characters, for one, since otherwise with third parties you just get the dude on the box.

Besides, by the time Smash 6 rolls into town there will be a lot more options.

That said, third parties have been here since 2006, there's no turning back that clock. As long as the base game rosters prioritize Nintendo newcomers I'm fine with it. The addition of K. Rool and Ridley helped patch two of the biggest gaping holes in the first party roster, at the very least.

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
There is definitely untapped potential in other Nintendo 1st/2nd party franchises not repped in Smash. Golden Sun, Advance Wars, Rhythm Heaven, Mach Rider are among the series that should representation in the form of a playable character, stages, or items. Then you have the series already repped in Smash like F-Zero and Wario (Land). Those two series are criminally unused. Captain Falcon has been the only F-Zero rep since the first title 20 years ago now. F-Zero and Yoshi are the only two series that have not gotten another character since the beginning. There a lot of options for a second F-Zero rep but the ones I advocate for are Samurai Goroh, Black Shadow, and Pico. Then there is Wario Land that has gotten the shaft ever since Brawl. It really sucks that WarioWare gotten the vast majority of the limelight in Smash while Wario Land has been ignored for many years. It has gotten a little better with the Wario Land spirits. I still think Wario's moveset should be revamped to have him based on the Wario Land/World games in my opinion.

Though I'm really glad that the DK series got much better representation with the OST and with K. Rool's overdue konfirmation. Dixie being added would make it better significantly. Waluigi and Dixie are at the top of my wishlist and are the key pieces missing from the roster.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I mean...F-Zero is just a racing series where you don't even really see the pilots themselves most of the time. And none of its additional characters are really that popular or iconic.

It honestly doesn't need another character in Smash, especially since, you know, it's dead.

Last edited:

Some Beedrill

Smash Apprentice
The main thing about the next Smash game is that it is highly likely that it'll be with a new director. Sakurai has said before that he wants to quit the Smash series, but also said that he'd have to figure out a way to make a game better than Ultimate if he is asked to come onto the next project. At this point he;s pretty much at the mercy of Nintendo in his eyes.

But let's say that he wasn't brought back onto the game or even brought back but went through a new ideology. Then the outcome could either be a continuation of now, an even gibber focus ob Nintendo, a split between the middle of priorities, or even 3rd parties being in the front seat.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
i don't know what you want me to say. i'm sorry that i was so dismissive of your opinions, i just didn't want to have that conversation here. and i don't want this thread to become us attacking each other.
Apology accepted. I’m sorry too for coming off as too hostile.

I just don’t think complaining about 3rd Parties is any better than the Plant discourse you didn’t want.

Last edited:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Hey everyone, I don't mind the current discussion as I do find it fascinating, so as long as it doesn't get hostile it's fine by me.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
The name of this thread is bothering me, as there is no moveset from Mario Kart on page 188.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I would maybe perhaps invest in 3rd party characters more if we could get secondary characters and villains instead of just protagonist. 3rd party characters always being protagonist characters doesn't suit that well with me as I'm not much of a protagonist lover on any side of the pool of media honestly. There are very few protagonist I really like overall.

Top Bottom