• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I'd give Dixie Kong a tether recovery option using her hair.

If Dixie can hang from ceilings in DK128 by sticking a wad of gum at the tip of her hair as is rumored, I would also include that in Smash Bros by allowing her to hang from the bottom of a stage for a temporary amount of time.

BTW, were you able to clear up whatever is going on with the Dixie twitter, Sabertooth Sabertooth ? I haven't logged in to assume my duties as fellow Dixie propagandist because I don't' want to make it lock down even more.

Last edited:

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
Hi everyone. Please count me as a supporter for Dixie. DKC2, 3 and Tropical Freeze are my favorite 2D platformers of all time (DKC2 is probably my most replayed game ever). So I have been wanting Dixie in for years.

Specially now that Banjo is in. Her absence is so evident now. And I hope she's not an echo. DK and Diddy are too light or too heavy. Dixie can be the balanced character of the trio. With a moveset using her hair as a disjoint and no gimmicks like pulling off a banana (That's the thing it annoys me the most about Diddy's moveset).

Last edited:

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
So I've been thinking about some move ideas for Dixie lately. they aren't all necessarily designed to be part of the same moveset, just some concepts I thought were interesting.

Dixie Dive (down air)
This is based mostly on her swimming animation from Tropical Freeze, where she uses her hair as a propeller of sorts to move through the water. What I'm imagining here is a descending down air similar to characters like Toon Link or Sonic, but you can alter it's trajectory somewhat. So you can drill straight down or go at a diagonal angle. I think this would make for an interesting mix-up kinda move.

Gust (neutral B?)
So she never really utilizes wind powers in the DKC games but considering she can get lift by spinning her hair, it's not much of a stretch. This move can blow air at her opponents to push them away, and the move can be held, but the power would decrease the longer its out. It would have enough startup and cooldown that it's usable without being abusable, but it would make for a good edgeguarding tool.

Triple Jump + Propeller Spin (recovery)
Basically this is my idea for Dixie's recovery. She has a regular double jump like Diddy, but also a triple jump using her hair propeller like in Tropical Freeze and gives her significant lift kinda like Yoshi or Mewtwo. Then, her up B is her Propeller Spin, which would work a lot like DK's up B in that it has great horizontal reach but not a lot of vertical. This gives her a fantastic recovery with a lot of options to get back to stage safely, and is very difficult but not impossible to edgeguard.

Other possible options for recoveries: Barrel Blast, Kiddy's Kong Throw, Squawks

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Dixie Kong DLC

Dixie Kong joins the battle as a new original character.

Stage: Bramble Scramble

Music:
Bramble Scramble (new remix, yes I know, but it's worthy to get a second)
Jib Jig (original)
Hot Head Bop (new remix)
Forest Interlude (new remix)
Krook's March (original)
Rockface Rumble (new remix)
Stilt Village (GBA) (original with the ambient nosies cut out)
Grassland Groove (original)
Snowmad Theme (new remix)
Frosty Fruits (original, I'm biased, yes)
Scorn N Torch (original)

Mii Costumes:
Kritter (Brawler)
Stanley the Bugman (Gunner)
Klubba (Mii Sword Fighter)

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I'd give Dixie Kong a tether recovery option using her hair.

If Dixie can hang from ceilings in DK128 by sticking a wad of gum at the tip of her hair as is rumored, I would also include that in Smash Bros by allowing her to hang from the bottom of a stage for a temporary amount of time.

BTW, were you able to clear up whatever is going on with the Dixie twitter, Sabertooth Sabertooth ? I haven't logged in to assume my duties as fellow Dixie propagandist because I don't' want to make it lock down even more.
Congrats on being the 8000th reply.

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
Oh man, I wish Sakurai could bring David Wise in for a new remix like he did with Mr. Kirkhope. I would LOVE to hear a new DKC2 or DKC3 GBA's remix with his style (inb4 he makes a remix with his boss battle style, where he brings the guitars).

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
Dixie Kong DLC

Music:
Jib Jig (original)
Hot Head Bop (new remix)
Krook's March (original)
Scorn N Torch (original)

Mii Costumes:
Kritter (Brawler)
As iconic as bramble scramble is, we REALLLLLY need some tropical freeze representation. I'd love a sawmill thrill stage.

Last edited:

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
I would add a TF stage next. But I think a Bramble Scramble stage would be more recognizable/beloved.
Yeah I can see that.

The problem with the DK Stages we have in Smash is that none of them are really... like... actual places from any of the games. They're all sort of like generic jungle locations. Not counting 75m of course.

I'm still annoyed that one of the few stages that didn't make the cut for Ultimate was the DKCR stage from Smash 4. I feel like it was cut because of stage morph, but man, they could have just disabled the barrels when playing with stage morph on...

I love the DK stages we have, but I'd much rather have Gangplank Galleon, Bramble Scramble, etc.

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
My dream stage would be Grassland Groove. Because it's my favorite level by far in Tropical Freeze.

But I don't think the series already established in Smash will get new stages. Specially considering that they had to remake all the stages in the game from stratch. So putting an ice coat to Smash 4's Jungle Hijinx isn't as time saving as it seems.

What we have now is probably what we are stuck with. If Dixie comes she will probably come with just new music like Corrin.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
What should be:

A stage based on 25 M (with less height). 75 M is unplayable.
Kongo Jungle stage from 64
Kongo Jungle Melee (Cranky's Cabin)
Bramble Scramble (DKC2)
Gangplank Galleon (DKC1/DKC2)
Some sort of Minecart stage from DKCR, because that game has the best minecarts
Grassland Groove (DKCTF)

I wanted to include something from DKC3 but I can't think of anything that jumps out really. Maybe a waterfall stage. I remember there's a stage in DKC3 where barrels fall from the waterfall. Those could be cool platforms. There's also the saw stage. I just think DKC3 in general doesn't have that pull the other games do.

I also feel that some sort of "water" stage would be cool. But what could that be? I feel like Aquatic Ambience is missing in Smash, but I can't think of a way to adapt water in the DK games into a Smash stage. Maybe a stage by the pier or a dock. But more moody than DKC3's. A stage where Enguarde could be a stage hazard. There's also the whale stage from DKCR.

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Really nice to see fresh blood in here. Welcome Dukemon102 Dukemon102 . From the few posts you've made so far I can see you will fit right in. Cant wait for more Dixie supporters to join the thread. Guests viewing the thread, Why dont you create accounts and join the kongversation today! We dont bite...who do you think we are? Chomps and Chomps Jr.?

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
And even if we were Chomps and Chomps Jr., it's not like those 2 have biting animations. It's OK, don't be shy.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Dropping in here to throw in my support. With :ultkrool: in, Dixie would make the DK representation feel complete. And with :ultbanjokazooie: in, the entire Rare family.

except poor conker

As an aside, I think she's pretty likely IMO. The next batch of DLC could have semi-clones (similar to Smash 4) to have a larger number of newcomers and Dixie would be a prime candidate for that.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Alright, I guess I need to give my support to Dixie.

I'll be honest, for the last two games (Brawl and WiiU/3DS), I absolutely hated the idea of Dixie in Smash despite her being in my favorite Donkey Kong Country game and being an awesome character. I really wanted King K. Rool and fortunately, after many years I was very excited to see the King join. Looking back at it, Dixie should have been added in back during the Brawl era. She is an absolutely different character than Diddy Kong.

I am sorry if in the past I ever made any hard jabs at Dixie fans. I think she would be an amazing addition to smash bros, and now that DLC is continuing, let's hope that Dixie Kong can finally join the others. Her spot is well deserved, it's been earned. You have my support.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Dropping in here to throw in my support. With :ultkrool: in, Dixie would make the DK representation feel complete. And with :ultbanjokazooie: in, the entire Rare family.

except poor conker

As an aside, I think she's pretty likely IMO. The next batch of DLC could have semi-clones (similar to Smash 4) to have a larger number of newcomers and Dixie would be a prime candidate for that.
I don't know about the entire Rare family as we are also missing Krystal and Conker. Of course, Dixie is the last S tier Rare character left to be included.

Last edited:

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
I don't know if she is the last S tier Rare character. Rare made so many great games over the years that many people have their favorites like Conker, Joanna Dark or Killer Instinct characters (Or Lanky Meme Kong).
Well. We have Banjo now. In my case Dixie is the only thing needed to fill my DK and Rare representation. We can't be too greedy. Other people also want characters from other series.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I don't know about the entire Rare family as we are also missing Krystal and Conker. Of course, Dixie is the last S tier Rare character left to be included.
Well yeah there are a bunch of missing characters but like, we got the most prominent ones in there lol.

At the very least, we can say the DK series has been taken care of quite well. All of it's main, important characters in the game if Dixie were in. Although a Funky Echo would be pretty sweet I tell ya'.

more like chunky but i'm his only fan

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Well, Krystal's an AT so she has another barrier to cross, as much as I really really want her in (we'd probably see Waluigi as the first AT promotion hypothetically). As for Conker, he's on the same tier as a bunch of Rare characters, including Fulgore, Joanna Dark, Juno/Vela, and the Battletoads, so you might as well include all of them if you want to say the entire Rare Family.

Dixie's the most realistic one at the moment, ironically.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Well, Krystal's an AT so she has another barrier to cross, as much as I really really want her in (we'd probably see Waluigi as the first AT promotion hypothetically). As for Conker, he's on the same tier as a bunch of Rare characters, including Fulgore, Joanna Dark, Juno/Vela, and the Battletoads, so you might as well include all of them if you want to say the entire Rare Family.

Dixie's the most realistic one at the moment, ironically.
Conker is below the DK gang and Banjo & Kazooie. But I think he is on a higher tier than the other Rare protagonist characters as he is always being advertised by Rare/Microsoft when they ever show off merchandise or cameos of Rare IPs. He was in Project Spark and lately he has pretty much been getting just as much merchandise as Banjo & Kazooie.

I'm not saying he is as popular/iconic as them which, he definitely isn't. But he is certainly in a league above most other Rare protagonists.

Edit: Oh yeah, and he debut along with Banjo in Diddy Kong Racing.

Last edited:

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
I wouldn't consider Dixie Kong to be a Rare character in the same way that Conker or Joanna Dark are Rare characters, because Dixie Kong belongs to a franchise that Nintendo owns and has been in Smash since the beginning.

Also applies to Krystal but she's kinda stuck in Assist Trophy limbo right now.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Alright, I guess I need to give my support to Dixie.

I'll be honest, for the last two games (Brawl and WiiU/3DS), I absolutely hated the idea of Dixie in Smash despite her being in my favorite Donkey Kong Country game and being an awesome character. I really wanted King K. Rool and fortunately, after many years I was very excited to see the King join. Looking back at it, Dixie should have been added in back during the Brawl era. She is an absolutely different character than Diddy Kong.

I am sorry if in the past I ever made any hard jabs at Dixie fans. I think she would be an amazing addition to smash bros, and now that DLC is continuing, let's hope that Dixie Kong can finally join the others. Her spot is well deserved, it's been earned. You have my support.
All is forgiven!

ze9

Smash Ace
Now that Banjo & Kazooie and K. Rool are finally in, I want Dixie even more. 90's Rare characters are so cartoony and fun, there's really nothing else like them. Imagine all the fun little animations Dixie would have.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Put Dixie in Smash, the crass Conker we all know and... love? in Killer Instinct and give Perfect Dark another shoot in the reboot department then it'll almost be like Rare's back.

Also, remake Dinosaur Planet so Krystal isn't Damseled in 5 seconds but that would require sorting out Star Fox's mess first.

paperosbronzo90

Smash Cadet
Hi guys, long time no see.
With the announcement of new DLC fighters I've started to be more positive about Dixie's chances to get in the game.
we don't know if there will be another fighter pass or just the release of individual fighters (maybe with a stage and some music), but I feel confident about Dixie 'cause she's one of the few missing All Stars.

Spatman

Smash Ace
Dixie Kong DLC

Music:
Jib Jig (original)
Hot Head Bop (new remix)
Krook's March (original)
Scorn N Torch (original)

Mii Costumes:
Kritter (Brawler)
how would a Bramble Scramble stage run? I mean in a way that playing on it is actually funny (the exact opposite of 75m...)

Luigi player

Smash Master
Guess I'll post again now that there's discussion about more DLC characters.

Really happy about Banjo joining in the end. They really did him justice in terms of moves, animations and all that stuff, which is amazing. Really brings back the good Banjo times...
Pre-game-release I at first I didn't wanna put Banjo in my top 10 most wanted, because he isn't how he was before (he kinda lost his spirit to me - N&B is .. nothing, RARE doesn't even have all the old and most important people anymore... the Banjo I knew basically died, more or less) and I wasn't sure how he'd even turn out. Without these thoughts he'd definitely been in the list.

So overall I'm happy about the new characters I got that I wanted (K. Rool and Banjo). I just wanted at least one of the chars I wanted, and I got K. Rool, so that's something to be happy about, after getting nothing in Smash4.
Now that I have 2 chars I wanted I can be happy. Not even have to regret the Fighters Pass anymore since at least one char I wanted is in it.
But still, Dixie is one of the last few characters (and most wanted that's still missing) that I still want in the game.

Sadly I feel like 3rd parties could still end up taking most, if not all, of the additional slots. Sakurai wants to combine even more worlds... great. I miss the times when Smash was about Nintendo characters.

Give me Dixie, Waluigi, Geno, Bandana Dee, one of the gen8 Pokemon and even Bayleth from FE. Idc, but any of these would make me so much more happy than any other 3rd party (who I mostly don't know or care about). The chars get less cartoony every time and in the end it'll feel like everyone's just some realistic military/shooter/fighter guy...

Anyway, Dixie was my 2nd-or-3rd (was kinda tied with K. Rool) most wanted since Smash4, and is now my most wanted of the realistic choices (I'm a huge Sonic fan, so Knuckles is always my #1, but he's very unrealistic, even less when Tails and him got their Mii outfits).

Would be so amazing to "finish" the DK lineup like that. Maybe she could also be a good character competitively (since the other 3 DK chars aren't good enough/suck now).

Well, it's gonna stay interesting in what we'll get in the future, but some hope is still there, I guess.
Also I really want them to announce a new DK game. I'm waiting for that each Nintendo Direct... combine with a Dixie release, maybe, but who knows which direction(s) they wanna go.

Realistically I'm expecting another 5 (for now?), with at least 3 third parties again, and 1 or 2 Nintendo chars.
I could see them bringing Waluigi in the end. Maybe another Pokemon or FE char. They could bring more too, but since Sakurai said he wants to expand the worlds that come together (so all the companies/their franchises), it seems they're just trying to include all the big franchises from 3rd parties to complete the whole video game world in this game as much as possible (Sora for example seems super likely to me now).
Hoping for the best, though. Maybe they can surprise me with any character that I still care about (don't care about any 3rd parties (except Sonic chars, which I'm not expecting)).

Chars I still want for this game (without Sonic chars):
#1 Dixie
#2 Waluigi

Dixie gets more and more chances, but she seems to fall off more and more in peoples wishlists. Everyone just seems to want 3rd parties now.
Dixie coming with another beautiful DK stage and a few more tracks would be amazing. A Bramble Blast stage would be too beautiful... (then again any new DK stage would be absolutely amazing, as long as it's an area from one of the games - most DKC2 stages would be amazing. TF levels can also be great, but a bit less iconic/nostalgic to me).

Last edited:

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
https://mobile.twitter.com/PushDustIn/status/1170884532343427074

There's this list going around that even some game journalists are using as it was legit.
Don't worry guys. It means absolutely nothing. It has a freaking Gundam in it and some popular characters like Isaac, Phoenix Wright or Bandana Dee (In Japan) are nowhere to be seen. That's the only thing we need to check to know that is fake.

ze9

Smash Ace
Guess I'll post again now that there's discussion about more DLC characters.

Really happy about Banjo joining in the end. They really did him justice in terms of moves, animations and all that stuff, which is amazing. Really brings back the good Banjo times...
Pre-game-release I at first I didn't wanna put Banjo in my top 10 most wanted, because he isn't how he was before (he kinda lost his spirit to me - N&B is .. nothing, RARE doesn't even have all the old and most important people anymore... the Banjo I knew basically died, more or less) and I wasn't sure how he'd even turn out. Without these thoughts he'd definitely been in the list.

So overall I'm happy about the new characters I got that I wanted (K. Rool and Banjo). I just wanted at least one of the chars I wanted, and I got K. Rool, so that's something to be happy about, after getting nothing in Smash4.
Now that I have 2 chars I wanted I can be happy. Not even have to regret the Fighters Pass anymore since at least one char I wanted is in it.
But still, Dixie is one of the last few characters (and most wanted that's still missing) that I still want in the game.

Sadly I feel like 3rd parties could still end up taking most, if not all, of the additional slots. Sakurai wants to combine even more worlds... great. I miss the times when Smash was about Nintendo characters.

Give me Dixie, Waluigi, Geno, Bandana Dee, one of the gen8 Pokemon and even Bayleth from FE. Idc, but any of these would make me so much more happy than any other 3rd party (who I mostly don't know or care about). The chars get less cartoony every time and in the end it'll feel like everyone's just some realistic military/shooter/fighter guy...

Anyway, Dixie was my 2nd-or-3rd (was kinda tied with K. Rool) most wanted since Smash4, and is now my most wanted of the realistic choices (I'm a huge Sonic fan, so Knuckles is always my #1, but he's very unrealistic, even less when Tails and him got their Mii outfits).

Would be so amazing to "finish" the DK lineup like that. Maybe she could also be a good character competitively (since the other 3 DK chars aren't good enough/suck now).

Well, it's gonna stay interesting in what we'll get in the future, but some hope is still there, I guess.
Also I really want them to announce a new DK game. I'm waiting for that each Nintendo Direct... combine with a Dixie release, maybe, but who knows which direction(s) they wanna go.

Realistically I'm expecting another 5 (for now?), with at least 3 third parties again, and 1 or 2 Nintendo chars.
I could see them bringing Waluigi in the end. Maybe another Pokemon or FE char. They could bring more too, but since Sakurai said he wants to expand the worlds that come together (so all the companies/their franchises), it seems they're just trying to include all the big franchises from 3rd parties to complete the whole video game world in this game as much as possible (Sora for example seems super likely to me now).
Hoping for the best, though. Maybe they can surprise me with any character that I still care about (don't care about any 3rd parties (except Sonic chars, which I'm not expecting)).

Chars I still want for this game (without Sonic chars):
#1 Dixie
#2 Waluigi

Dixie gets more and more chances, but she seems to fall off more and more in peoples wishlists. Everyone just seems to want 3rd parties now.
Dixie coming with another beautiful DK stage and a few more tracks would be amazing. A Bramble Blast stage would be too beautiful... (then again any new DK stage would be absolutely amazing, as long as it's an area from one of the games - most DKC2 stages would be amazing. TF levels can also be great, but a bit less iconic/nostalgic to me).
The thing is, even Nintendo is not doing many cartoony characters anymore. We're lucky wr got the Inklings and Isabelle.
Dixie and Skull Kid are the only reasons why I still want 1st party characters. Selfishly, 3rd party picks are just more exciting and fun to me at this point. Terry Bogard is a 1000 times better choice than someone like Rex, imho.
If I'm being selfless, though, I also welcome Bandana Dee, Isaac and the likes with open arms, their fanbases deserve a win, just like Dixie's.

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
My dream stage would be Grassland Groove. Because it's my favorite level by far in Tropical Freeze.
I feel the same way! I play that stage over and over again. The atmosphere... It's just SO beautiful. I can't describe my feeling with this stage.

By the way, first time here in this topic. I love Donkey Kong Country Returns and Tropical Freeze! I'm too young to see DKC 1, 2 and 3 as childhood memories. For me, DKCR came out when I was 9, so that game is my version of "childhood favorite". Tropical Freeze is a masterpiece and I can't wait for the next game in the DKC series.

I really want Dixie Kong in Smash! I don't necessarily feel like she can bring something new to the table. However, I don't think every character needs a new "cool" gimmick. We need some characters like Ridley, King K. Rool and Banjo & Kazooie, who don't have extravagant gimmicks but are just fan-favorites who are demanded for years. Characters like Geno, Bandana Dee and Dixie Kong would be perfect for the new Smash DLC after the fighter's pass.

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
I feel the same way! I play that stage over and over again. The atmosphere... It's just SO beautiful. I can't describe my feeling with this stage.

By the way, first time here in this topic. I love Donkey Kong Country Returns and Tropical Freeze! I'm too young to see DKC 1, 2 and 3 as childhood memories. For me, DKCR came out when I was 9, so that game is my version of "childhood favorite". Tropical Freeze is a masterpiece and I can't wait for the next game in the DKC series.

I really want Dixie Kong in Smash! I don't necessarily feel like she can bring something new to the table. However, I don't think every character needs a new "cool" gimmick. We need some characters like Ridley, King K. Rool and Banjo & Kazooie, who don't have extravagant gimmicks but are just fan-favorites who are demanded for years. Characters like Geno, Bandana Dee and Dixie Kong would be perfect for the new Smash DLC after the fighter's pass.
Welcome. Oh if you haven't played the original trilogy I really REALLY suggest you to give them a try. Specially 2, which I have just barely above Tropical Freeze. Mostly because it has good bonus rooms and that beautiful true ending that gives me feels to this day.

1 feels very basic and barebones after playing the sequels, there isn't really any incentive to go for 101% but it's a very fun time to blast through it regardless. And 3 has a little less polish than 2 but it still a very good platformer that I think gets too much underserved flack (I actually like it more than 1).
They hold up very well to this day. Please give them a try.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Know what makes me hopeful for Dixie as DLC? That the second ‘batch’ of newcomers hasn’t been numbered yet, or had some announcement speech as ‘will be from series never seen before in Smash’. Or the fact they gotta be coupled with a stage. This leaves room for quite a lot more than we got last time. For all we know, there might be clones and semi clones amongst them because they could add in the total character count. There’s quite a few established franchises big enough to warrant a newcomer, DKC being one that’s obvious, but also Zelda, Kirby, Sonic, Xenoblade... I think these would also generate enough hype like total new characters. The niche of having just new franchises being added to Smash will wear off eventually after all.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I hope Dixie Kong makes it because theirs a few match-ups I would love to enact. Obviously the DK, Diddy, Dixie vs. K.Rool match, BUT I would love to see:

Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser vs. Donkey, Diddy, Dixie, K.Rool on New Donk City.

Dixie, Isabelle, and Toadette (if she gets added) all teamed up.

Dixie, Isabelle, Samus, Peach, Rosalina, Daisy, Inkling Girl, and Zelda FFA.

Diddy and Dixie vs. Mario and Peach vs. Luigi and Daisy vs. Link and Zelda.

Donkey vs. Diddy vs. Dixie vs. Banjo vs. K.Rool.

I NEED ITTTTTT!!!!!

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
I wonder if they would put a realistic chimpazee voice for Dixie like DK and Diddy, or they would import her Tropical Freeze voice like they did with Banjo and Kazooie?

I would MUCH rather prefer the second case, it save costs and she sounds adorable in TF. Plus, hearing Banjo and Kazooie in-game with their OG voices is so heartwarming.

Sadly, the precedent of King K. Rool's realisitic crocodile voice (I don't mind that one actually, he sounds good) seems to point that she would have the realistic chimpazee treatment.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I expect slightly higher and girly monkey shrieks honestly. A bit of a mix of both worlds honestly.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
The niche of having just new franchises being added to Smash will wear off eventually after all.
Your wrong there as most people only want 3rd party protagonist characters. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if the rest of the DLC is 3rd party protagonist characters as Nintendo knows they are the ones that are going to make the most money.

Top Bottom