• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Before I leave Smashboards for good, I just want to say thank you.

Dixie speculation has been a particular favorite speculation topic for ever since the Smash 4 days.

I hope a Donkey Kong Country game comes once Retro is done with Metroid Prime 4.

Here is hoping Dixie and K. Rool come back in the installment.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Before I leave Smashboards for good, I just want to say thank you.

Dixie speculation has been a particular favorite speculation topic for ever since the Smash 4 days.

I hope a Donkey Kong Country game comes once Retro is done with Metroid Prime 4.

Here is hoping Dixie and K. Rool come back in the installment.
Wait.... You're leaving?!?

Shoot, had no idea. Well, thank you for being a supporter and fellow fan of DKC. I'll miss hearing from you, and best wishes for your future endeavors.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I am ready for another anime guy tomorrow, but still hoping for Dixie or Banjo & Kazooie. Or maybe Rayman.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Bu-but Sakurai said only one revealed...:crying:
That isnt what I heard-but also, I don't speak Japanese.

Either way, he would not have told us if it were more. Absolutely no way.

All things said- I think Dixie could make it. If she is an echo, especially.
I think tomorrow is our best shot for new echoes.

Reila

I think we are going to see Erdrick and Banjo & Kazooie tomorrow honestly.
Erdrick is the DQ 11 Guy? Or Gohan with a sword from DQ 3? I am assuming the former since DQ11 is a relatively popular and recent game. Just like Joker, it wouldn't surprise me if he was added, but I personally don't care about that kind of fighter.

I guess I just want more cute fighters, and Dixie should have been playable since Smash 4. Literally all DLC newcomers since Smash 4, aside from Piranha Plant, are a bunch of edgelords. How about some variety.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I know the odds aren't good for Dixie right now but here's to all you guys that somewhat or somehow Dixie makes it in!

Reila

For a moment I thought Dixie would be revealed. Well, I can't say I am not pleased about Banjo and Kazooie, but Dixie would have fit perfectly in that trailer, too.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
so anyway. that banjo trailer was cool, but did anyone else think it might have been dixie for a second? with the donkey kong characters and everything? just me? ok

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I actually have a big write-up in the event that Erdrick (I guess The Hero now) and Banjo-Kazooie were confirmed at E3.

There was a part of me that hoped that Dixie would pop up somewhere in the trailer for Banjo. It seems very, very sad she is not there at all among all of those Rare characters. She is easily as big as the rest of the Rare characters in Smash Bros.

I might need to make some edits to the write-up in light of it being "the Hero".

Personally, now I am not expecting any echoes as DLC with Banjo having a Fall release. I am betting the last two characters for the Fighters Pass will be released together in February 2020 like Corrin and Bayonetta were.

Congratulations to Dragon Quest and Banjo-Kazooie fans. Your dreams have finally been realized. Ultimate once again lives up to its moniker.

It is my personal hope though that Banjo-Kazooie fans now help move to get Dixie Kong the recognition she deserves in Smash Bros. We shall see though.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
I'm not against Banjo getting in, but seriously **** that trailer. The only connection DKC and Banjo actually have is being made by Rare, why did they copy the same trailer and treat Banjo and Kazooie like DK characters?

Ugh. Not a single newcomer for this game has been someone I personally wanted and this trailer just felt like a troll.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I honestly thought that they were going to co reveal Dixie alongside Banjo because they went out of their way to go back to the DK theme.
Welp, I was 2 out of 3 right, I guess. I am still OUT OF MY MIND excited for Banjo though.

Last edited:

Crepuscular

Smash Rookie
Yeah lol.

I LOVE Banjo & Kazooie, I'm thrilled they're in the game, they were absolutely in my top 5 characters I wanted added for basically forever now, and all that ... but I can't say it wasn't a knife in the heart to actually return to the last DK trailer to introduce them, and have Dixie be a no-show yet again.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
technically banjo debuted in diddy kong racing so

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Have to admit that the Banjo trailer fooled me and thinking we were getting another DK rep lol

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Yeah I knew it was going to be Banjo the moment I saw DK, Diddy, and Rool sleeping in the treehouse even before the jiggy showed up. But even as someone who isnt that big of a fan of the bear and more of a fan of Dixie. I thought that trailer was amazing tbh. But maybe thats my bias of just seeing K.Rool constantly make CG appearences in trailers. Lol

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It is my personal hope though that Banjo-Kazooie fans now help move to get Dixie Kong the recognition she deserves in Smash Bros. We shall see though.
This.

In the past, the Rare fandom (fans of DKC and Banjo-Kazooie and other Rare games) seemed to be divided with King K. Rool and Banjo-Kazooie getting the lion's share of fan support.

Now that we finally got King K. Rool and Banjo-Kazooie in Smash, will the Rare fandom finally collectively focus on getting Dixie Kong in the next Smash? I hope so...

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Okay I made this post a few months ago. Turns out I might be on to something when Dixie gets revealed given the way the BK trailer went.

Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong are at home sleeping. They hear normal sized footsteps and go to the window to see who it is.

It's Dixie Kong's silhouette.

SURPRISE!

It is actually Tiny Kong.
Tiny Kong laughs, plays the saxophone while crying + laughing, changes size repeatedly while rolling on the floor laughing, when a dark figure approaches her from behind. WHAM.

The real Dixie Kong slaps the crap out of Tiny Kong and sends her flying.

DK and Diddy's eyes burst through the window in surprise.

Dixie Kong roars as The Northern Kremisphere begins to play.
Bow down to your prophet!

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Okay I made this post a few months ago. Turns out I might be on to something when Dixie gets revealed given the way the BK trailer went.

Bow down to your prophet!
The thing is Tiny Kong isn't already playable in Smash so that wouldn't work the same way it did with Dedede and Duck Hunt.

It would just risk getting people bitter the same way they got bitter with Chrom in the Smash 4 Robin and Lucina trailer.

Ghostwolf35

Smash Cadet
I found it funny that K.Rool was sleeping in the Kongs' house. I wish Dixie could have been there too though. Still, it was a pretty cool reveal trailer for Banjo-Kazooie.

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
I kinda get it. Banjo' s trailer does begin like "another DKC character is announced". But when you realize that Nintendo is not gonig to add more DKC character especially for DLC, you'll know that it's "a new character that DK knows but s/he is not a DKC character", this would soon lead us to Banjo or Conker.

Hope that Dixie can at least be an echo soon.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Yo I also thought it would be Dixie, the Banjo connection to DK was in my mind but it felt weird. Still hella psyched.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
Man, no new Donkey Kong game announced. It has been five years since Tropical Freeze. I feel even more certain now that Nintendo does not care much for the DK series. :(

I hope a new Dk game does come out next year, and that Dixie is the final Smash character to promote that one.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
DK? Check. Diddy? Check. K. Rool? Check. Banjo & Kazooie? Check. Check, check, check, and check. Next we move on towards Dixie! Onward men!

Last edited:

cybersai

Smash Ace
Dixie is definitely going to be next....but we'll probably have to wait for the next Smash for it to happen. Either way she's definitely climbed the ranks and is the biggest missing Rare character now to boot.

Too bad I don't think we'll get her till the next Smash, even if we have a Season 2 Season Pass.

cybersai

Smash Ace
"Mayles joked that now he has two characters in Smash Bros. Ultimate – he also created Donkey Kong’s K Rool – “Dixe Kong is next!”

Man, if only. I know we won't get her this time, but given we got K. Rool and Banjo, certainly they'll push for Dixie next time. I mean c'mon she'd be so easy to make.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I mean if we get Dixie or Conker or Krystal in the next Smash. I hope they do this trailer again. Just make it a reocuring Rare theme. Lol Everytime it begins with DK yawning and then we pan into see the last Rare character announced hanging in the treehouse.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
"Mayles joked that now he has two characters in Smash Bros. Ultimate – he also created Donkey Kong’s K Rool – “Dixe Kong is next!”

Man, if only. I know we won't get her this time, but given we got K. Rool and Banjo, certainly they'll push for Dixie next time. I mean c'mon she'd be so easy to make.
We were all so certain we wouldn't get a 6th Fire Emblem character last DLC cycle. Don't need to make conclusions before they happen, especially since Banjo freaking Kazooie just got in.
This whole defeatist attitude is exactly why Dixie gets passed over again and again. K Rool and Banjo were both less likely, but their fans screamed to the heavens, even in the face of "never gonna make it in" and they eventually made it in.
We have this weird paradox where Dixie is both too obvious and impossible to happen. If you want to avoid Dixie being passed over again later on, we as a whole need to scream as well.

Last edited:

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
you know what you're right

im ready to SCREAM

EDIT: now that banjo is in i'm seeing a LOT more people wanting dixie kong. its really nice! im suddenly very hopeful for her future

Last edited:
Top Bottom