• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
As much as I'd like for it to be Dixie Kong, I don't know if the shape of the image makes sense for her. She'd basically have to be upside-down. I'm on the Pink Yoshi train tbh, but I'd love to be surprised.

Not that it matters since I refuse to play a gatcha game regardless.

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
Donkey Kong Racing Wave 10
  • Lanky Kong
  • Tiki Tong (If this were real we would see appearances from other members of the Tiki Tak Tribe during races)
  • Fluff, who said all Snomads had to wear viking gear?
  • Brash, the most important bear of all

Everyone's getting really small lol.
"Look, Enguarde, there I am!"

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
As much as I'd like for it to be Dixie Kong, I don't know if the shape of the image makes sense for her. She'd basically have to be upside-down. I'm on the Pink Yoshi train tbh, but I'd love to be surprised.

Not that it matters since I refuse to play a gatcha game regardless.
Considering they're being so secretive with who this is it's not impossible that the character could be upside down. I mean the Pokemon Company originally revealed Sirfetch'd pixelated and sideways.

To be honest one of my first instincts looking at this image was Bomberman though.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Donkey Kong Racing Wave 10
  • Lanky Kong
  • Tiki Tong (If this were real we would see appearances from other members of the Tiki Tak Tribe during races)
  • Fluff, who said all Snomads had to wear viking gear?
  • Brash, the most important bear of all

Everyone's getting really small lol.
Woah, great job! I like the creativity you've shown with the Snowmads, Fluff included. You're like an arctic animal fashion designer at this point.

Brash looks really great! Which I don't think most people have ever said about Brash, no offense Brash fans. Okay, a little offense.

Maybe I'm biased but I always thought the Kalimba tiki should have been the playable racer instead of Tiki Tong. It's on the cover art! But I respect the uniqueness in making the big head playable. The only thing I think is that Tiki Tong looks better with the dark fire eyes IMO instead of "regular" eyes.

Lanky looks cute!

Always nice seeing these. I'll post it soon!

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Guys we did it!

inb4 Peach/Mario/Luigi/Toad/etc costume/recolor #5006
Man I like watching Abdallah but his smug know it all-ness and "Im right and the viewers always wrong or being greedy/demanding " attitude puts me off. Hes making fun of Dixie Kong fans. On his Mario Kart Tour streams he always brings up how Dixie will never be added to Tour and her fans should stop harassing Nintendo on twitter to add her. Also on one of his Smash/Direct streams he asked the chat who they would like to see added and someone said Dixie and he laughed at them and said "unneeded".

He did the same for K.Rool before he was announced he constantly belittled and made fun of K.Rool fans then as soon as the trailer dropped he changed his tune and was like "Awesome his boss battles so fun". The dude is a hypocrite and kinda smug and always seems to belittle DK as a franchise (but then again thats most Nintendo youtubers and even Nintendo themselves).

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Hey SeashoreWar SeashoreWar great job as usual, I'd like to add onto Snowbound's feedback regarding Tiki Tong by saying that his lower hand should have his knuckles visible. I know he's making the finger gun gesture but it looks like he's only got 2 digits compared to his other hand.

SeashoreWar

Smash Journeyman
Woah, great job! I like the creativity you've shown with the Snowmads, Fluff included. You're like an arctic animal fashion designer at this point.

Brash looks really great! Which I don't think most people have ever said about Brash, no offense Brash fans. Okay, a little offense.

Maybe I'm biased but I always thought the Kalimba tiki should have been the playable racer instead of Tiki Tong. It's on the cover art! But I respect the uniqueness in making the big head playable. The only thing I think is that Tiki Tong looks better with the dark fire eyes IMO instead of "regular" eyes.

Lanky looks cute!

Always nice seeing these. I'll post it soon!
Thanks! Lol I do have some plans for Tuck and Lemmington now that I gave Fluff a different outfit.

Brash did take some design cues from Banjo!

I thought it would be good to have as many bosses as possible so that's why I picked Tiki. I can try out Tiki's eyes with just red.
Hey SeashoreWar SeashoreWar great job as usual, I'd like to add onto Snowbound's feedback regarding Tiki Tong by saying that his lower hand should have his knuckles visible. I know he's making the finger gun gesture but it looks like he's only got 2 digits compared to his other hand.
Thanks! Yeah I thought about that while I was working on it, but at some point I got tired of looking at it lol. I'll definitely be adding knuckles to it!

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
Hey everyone i have a nice surprise that's almost ready to show. I think y'all will be quite impressed.
You're putting Dixie in Smash yourself?!

(jk, I look forward to seeing what you have in store!)

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
Sorry for double-posting but I finally have something to show visa vis recreating Dixie Kong in Animal Crossing:

It's far from ideal; I had to make the pattern on a sweater, since it was either that or a dress shirt, which just looks bad with this texture. Also I cannot seem to find a pink beret in the game, if one even exists at all, so instead I had to use a knit cap. The pants don't quite match the fur color either, which I honestly could probably fix.

I did my best to make the villager resemble Dixie with the options I have. It would be nice if there was a more emerald-green eye color, but I think it conveys well enough.

If I make any breakthroughs for a more convincing cosplay, I'll be sure to update y'all!

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
ZeroJanitor ZeroJanitor that looks adorable! I never got into Animal Crossing so this new game is passing me right on by, but that looks very good to me.

OK everyone. I asked SeashoreWar SeashoreWar a question regarding Mario Kart a while ago and I now have something to show regarding it:

Seashore had been designing DK-themed Mario Kart vehicles over a year ago, and I asked which one would be a good idea for fanart. Enguarde was the first suggestion and so I went with that. Even though I THOUGHT about doing it all the way back in October 2019, I literally did not start until April 8th 2020. This is the fastest I've ever made any digital art, and I think it came out very well. So well in fact, that I'm even impressed with the lineart:

I've made some changes to Seashore's design. I removed the top fin cuz sitting on that will split anyone in half from the bottom up, but overall my drawings are a rendition of Seashore's kart. I hope everyone is happy with it, especially one particular fellow artist.

EDIT: I'VE PUT IT ON TWITTER

You're putting Dixie in Smash yourself?!

(jk, I look forward to seeing what you have in store!)
LOL, I wish...

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
ZeroJanitor ZeroJanitor that looks adorable! I never got into Animal Crossing so this new game is passing me right on by, but that looks very good to me.

OK everyone. I asked SeashoreWar SeashoreWar a question regarding Mario Kart a while ago and I now have something to show regarding it:

Seashore had been designing DK-themed Mario Kart vehicles over a year ago, and I asked which one would be a good idea for fanart. Enguarde was the first suggestion and so I went with that. Even though I THOUGHT about doing it all the way back in October 2019, I literally did not start until April 8th 2020. This is the fastest I've ever made any digital art, and I think it came out very well. So well in fact, that I'm even impressed with the lineart:

I've made some changes to Seashore's design. I removed the top fin cuz sitting on that will split anyone in half from the bottom up, but overall my drawings are a rendition of Seashore's kart. I hope everyone is happy with it, especially one particular fellow artist. Also, please put this on twitter; we can still ride the Mario Kart tour waves, right? Thanks!

LOL, I wish...
Looking sharp my dude. Both the finished product and the line art are crisp as can be.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
- We need more DK characters in the Mario spin off games besides DK and Diddy.

Correct.

1- Donkey Kong
2- Diddy Kong
3- Dixie Kong
4- King K Rool
5- DK Jr

I have a dream that this will happen.

And equally important is that Animal Crate item, which summons many vehicle friends in classic DKC trilogy art style.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

I've made some changes to Seashore's design. I removed the top fin cuz sitting on that will split anyone in half from the bottom up, but overall my drawings are a rendition of Seashore's kart. I hope everyone is happy with it, especially one particular fellow artist. Also, please put this on twitter; we can still ride the Mario Kart tour waves, right? Thanks!

LOL, I wish...
That looks amazing! Not gonna lie! This makes me wish for that one rumoured DKR revival where Animal Buddies where mechanical and could change forms and stuff even more. One day maybe?

Also, for spin offs, I think they'll reuse Funky Kong before Dixie, if only because of his insane popularity in Mario Kart Wii. Dixie and K.Rool are sure to come next in line however. Maybe Cranky too.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Looking sharp my dude. Both the finished product and the line art are crisp as can be.
Thanks! The crisp quality is something I'm really proud of.
That looks amazing! Not gonna lie! This makes me wish for that one rumoured DKR revival where Animal Buddies where mechanical and could change forms and stuff even more. One day maybe?

Also, for spin offs, I think they'll reuse Funky Kong before Dixie, if only because of his insane popularity in Mario Kart Wii. Dixie and K.Rool are sure to come next in line however. Maybe Cranky too.
I appreciate it. I've been having so much fun with Nitro-Fueled that I'd be down with that DKR game too. I could use another fun take on Kart Racers.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Sorry, I put it on Twitter after you and didn't notice you had posted it already. I deleted it when I saw. But that's awesome. She looks ready to swordfish superstab any and all Mario characters that get in her way, especially Nabbit if he ever dares show his face in Mario Kart, like any upstanding Donkey Kong character should do.

I wonder what would be a good course to go along with Dixie for Mario Kart. I think Krazy Kremland could work well with all the different environments in one. I'm not sure about TF. For Smash stages, everyone always talks about Grassland Groove but I'm not sure that would translate as well to a racecourse. There's a vertical platform element that I think make more sense for Smash than racing. And I don't really think Frozen DK Island would be that unique. Maybe that tornado stage in Bright Savannah could be really fun to race through. But it gets tough when you want to be "representative" of the game.

By the way, I will post ZeroJanitor's cute Dixie villager tomorrow. Gotta stretch our precious Dixie Kongtent out. Consider yourselves VIP Dixie fans who see all the latest and greatest Dixie Kongtent early before it's packaged out for the masses.

DeniroSerafim

Smash Apprentice
I really want to contribute more here, anybody have any suggestions for some photoshopping I could do? I was really close to making a Dixie campaign of sorts parodying Bernie Sanders, but being about neglected spirit characters. Idk, the more I started to work on it, the more I thought it was too political and wouldn't be well received here. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Either way, hope you're all safe and doing your best to keep your minds at ease.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I appreciate the enthusiasm! But yes, probably too political. I think crossovers like you have done in the past are fun. If you just want to focus on a small thing you like from the DK series, that's fine, too. I think generally as long as it's family friendlyish. Like something you'd see in an actual Nintendo game maybe. I just think.

Also, what are some things you guys have always wanted to poll DK fans about? To celebrate DK Day, which I did NOT forget about until the last minute -- who told you that??? -- I'm going to post a few polls throughout the day about DK related things. I have some ideas based on what I think and what you guys wrote about unpopular DK opinions. But feel free to suggest questions and answers.

Fuzzy Pickles!

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-1409-9782-5984

I've made some changes to Seashore's design. I removed the top fin cuz sitting on that will split anyone in half from the bottom up, but overall my drawings are a rendition of Seashore's kart. I hope everyone is happy with it, especially one particular fellow artist.

EDIT: I'VE PUT IT ON TWITTER

LOL, I wish...
I was reading this thread today and I just noticed this. As usual, this is excellent work. The shade top notch even in the line art, the art showcases a dynamic pose with her Dixie hunches on the motorcycle and her massive hair flows out, and Dixie and the Enguarde kart looks exactly like the character (except for some reason, the mouth is not there, but I might be missing something).

This is why we need a new Diddy/Donkey Kong Racing game. After the inevitable new game, DK needs to start getting back into spin-offs and what better way than a proper sequel to the most beloved DK spin-off Diddy Kong Racing but with more than just Diddy?

Anyway, I will be popping in this thread every now and then. I haven't had time to push the server a lot myself for personal reasons but I hope to get back to doing that soon. I am aware that the Discord server is in the thread and that we've advertised it once, but I hope everyone having fun in it and I hope to start planning awesome stuff in it in the future.

Oh and before I forget, HAPPY DONKEY KONG DAY!

Edit. One more thing. BirthNote BirthNote I saw your Twitter post (archive) and there is something you should know going forward when tweeting.

If you put the Twitter handle as the very first characters of a Twitter, it will only go out to these followers. Going forward, please make sure you use a "." or restructure your sentence so that everyone who follows you and the people you respond to will get to read it.

I hope it helps.

Last edited:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I was reading this thread today and I just noticed this. As usual, this is excellent work. The shade top notch even in the line art, the art showcases a dynamic pose with her Dixie hunches on the motorcycle and her massive hair flows out, and Dixie and the Enguarde kart looks exactly like the character (except for some reason, the mouth is not there, but I might be missing something).

This is why we need a new Diddy/Donkey Kong Racing game. After the inevitable new game, DK needs to start getting back into spin-offs and what better way than a proper sequel to the most beloved DK spin-off Diddy Kong Racing but with more than just Diddy?

Anyway, I will be popping in this thread every now and then. I haven't had time to push the server a lot myself for personal reasons but I hope to get back to doing that soon. I am aware that the Discord server is in the thread and that we've advertised it once, but I hope everyone having fun in it and I hope to start planning awesome stuff in it in the future.

Edit. One more thing. BirthNote BirthNote I saw your Twitter post (archive) and there is something you should know going forward when tweeting.

If you put the Twitter handle as the very first characters of a Twitter, it will only go out to these followers. Going forward, please make sure you use a "." or restructure your sentence so that everyone who follows you and the people you respond to will get to read it.

I hope it helps.
Ooooh! Ok THAT makes sense! I was wondering why it didn't show up on my front page; going forward i will structure my tweets better, maybe if i reblog the post, that will help and solve this dilemma?

EDIT: Also yea there's no mouth. I couldn't draw it at an angle fhat didn't feel awkward.

Last edited:

Fuzzy Pickles!

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-1409-9782-5984
Ooooh! Ok THAT makes sense! I was wondering why it didn't show up on my front page; going forward i will structure my tweets better, maybe if i reblog the post, that will help and solve this dilemma?

EDIT: Also yea there's no mouth. I couldn't draw it at an angle fhat didn't feel awkward.
Yeah, reblogging it is a way to get around it. Now you know for future reference.
I'm sure most of us have seen these videos for Smash Ultimate music before.

They also were popular during the lifecycles of previous Smash games.

Alas, there really needed to be another background.
The collection is finally complete.

View attachment 268943View attachment 268982
If Dixie Kong gets in, we seriously need a remix of Forest Interlude. Not enough people talk about it and it's one of the best score in the entire franchise.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
A little late but Happy belated DK Day!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

I hope it helps.
Yes... I would really like to see a new racing game, with the lost Donkey Kong Racing gimmick of animal buddies to be ridden.
I hope that gets announced. I can see that game being the one that gets Dixie in. And my Animal Buddy Crate.

I think that Crate item is something I want more than a character at this point- Animal Buddies are the fastest route to the DKC nostalgia zone of my brain.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Yes... I would really like to see a new racing game, with the lost Donkey Kong Racing gimmick of animal buddies to be ridden.
I hope that gets announced. I can see that game being the one that gets Dixie in. And my Animal Buddy Crate.

I think that Crate item is something I want more than a character at this point- Animal Buddies are the fastest route to the DKC nostalgia zone of my brain.
Running over other players around the stage with Rambi sounds like a lot of fun to me. :evil:

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord

Check out this artwork of my 3 favorite Kongs Diddy, Dixie and Tiny, they even found nice way to make tall Tiny look better in my opinion.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

I think that has to happen. Rambi is such an icon that his lack of Smash presence makes me want to cry.
I know we are long past the days of just hoping for K Rool- but darnit, I want the animals.

If creating models to ride is too much of a problem for the team- then they can go the route of DK64 and just have the players turn into the characters. In fact- the animal buddies could function completely differently than the summoning items. They transform the character (fewer models needed), and only a handful are available on a given stage.

Enguarde could help out in swimming stages.
Winky in jump oriented stages.
Espresso in long stages.
Squawks in tall stages.

I'm actually really into this expanded idea. Anyone else like it?

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
Congratulations on getting 10,000 post!!
I was trying to find an exciting pose for this post.

Here's a cute pic I found a little earlier of her ready to rock and roll!

Last edited:
Top Bottom