• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

StormC

Smash Hero
Did it really flop? I've always seen a lot of love for Conker's Bad Fur Day. Been meaning to play it for forever since I wasn't allowed as a kid and then I just never got around to it. And I haven't made a habit of pirating games.
Per the words of IGN, a miserable flop. It sold 55k in 2001, largely because it was heavily underpromoted (Nintendo Power wasn't allowed to cover it) and it came at the end of the N64's lifecycle. While it certainly has a vocal fanbase online, it doesn't change the reality of the situation.

Either way, there is no chance Conker is the next big Rare character people flock to.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Just stopping by from the Banjo-Kazooie thread to say that I'm also big fan of Donkey Kong (Country series and DK 64) and Rareware so of course I'm going to be pulling for Dixie Kong to make it in Smash, I was a big supporter as well for King K.Rool (He was my 2nd most wanted newcomer after Banjo-Kazooie) and it's great to see some overlap and familiar users from the Banjo-Kazooie thread appear on King K.Rool, Dixie Kong and Conker's threads, It goes to show how not only is the Donkey Kong Universe connected ,But the fans are as well.

Last edited:

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
Here's a notion I saw someone else mention regarding that codename.
Maybe "Jane" refers to Jane Goodall, the famous observer of chimps. Chimps... like Dixie!

...I JUST WANNA BELIEVE, DAMN YOU!!! :cry:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
If Banjo get's in, I could see all the Rare fans flocking to Conker or Dixie to be honest. I think most people will jump on the Conker train though.
As much as people say Dixie's fanbase is silent, Conker's is practically nonexistent in comparison to Banjo's enormous popularity and even runner ups like Master Chief and Steve among the Microsoft Reps. Even if we assume 3rd parties have priority for DLC, I'd say even then Dixie has a much higher shot than Conker as Bayonetta and Joker only squeaked by their M-Ratings by being super relevant, whereas Conker has all the cons against Banjo and more (M-rating, much smaller fanbase, no comparable sequel like Banjo Tooie). If Banjo gets in, the very best he could hope for would be an Assist Trophy, and even then the likes of that would be small.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Per the words of IGN, a miserable flop. It sold 55k in 2001, largely because it was heavily underpromoted (Nintendo Power wasn't allowed to cover it) and it came at the end of the N64's lifecycle. While it certainly has a vocal fanbase online, it doesn't change the reality of the situation.

Either way, there is no chance Conker is the next big Rare character people flock to.
Despite Conker being under promoted because of the insane maturity of his game and not selling well like Banjo-Kazooie which sold in the millions, Conker has a crazy following among N64 enthusiast because I know, I'm a N64 enthusiast myself. Everytime I heard about N64 games on Youtube or Reddit, especially Reddit, I all would hear 90% percent of the time is Mario 64, the Zelda games, and the Rareware games. On Reddit, all they would be talking about the majority of the time is OOT and Conker, I'm not joking. I was trying to spread the word on the underrated Goemon games on that Sub-Reddit for awhile and I was the only one talking about Goemon and some people just wanted me to shut up while they were still talking about OOT or Conker. But some people though on that Sub-Reddit have learned about the Goemon series because of me and they absolutely love it now.

But back on topic; Conker isn't nowhere as populer or iconic as Banjo & Kazooie or the DKC characters, but to almost everybody he would be next in line after them whether you like it or not SC. I think more people would flock to him instead of somebody like Krystal because there's idiots that believe all Krystal supporters are hentai farrie nuts that just want her in because of her sexuality which, isn't true for all of us that support her.

Also, sales isn't everything when it comes to choosing a character, especially when it comes to popularity or iconicness because if that the case Sora, Master Chief, Kratos, Tails, and ect would all have the biggest support threads on Smashboards whether than the obscure RPG protagonists like Isaac and Geno if that was the case.

K. Rool didn't started gaining support until Diddy got in so mark my words, Banjo fans will flock to Conker after he get's in.

As much as people say Dixie's fanbase is silent, Conker's is practically nonexistent in comparison to Banjo's enormous popularity and even runner ups like Master Chief and Steve among the Microsoft Reps. Even if we assume 3rd parties have priority for DLC, I'd say even then Dixie has a much higher shot than Conker as Bayonetta and Joker only squeaked by their M-Ratings by being super relevant, whereas Conker has all the cons against Banjo and more (M-rating, much smaller fanbase, no comparable sequel like Banjo Tooie). If Banjo gets in, the very best he could hope for would be an Assist Trophy, and even then the likes of that would be small.
Sure, Dixie has a better shot of getting in, but when it comes to popularity to Rare fans in general Conker wins.

Edit: You will see Banjo fans flocking to Conker after he get's in. This is coming from the mouth of a N64 enthusiast.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Despite Conker being under promoted because of the insane maturity of his game and not selling well like Banjo-Kazooie which sold in the millions, Conker has a crazy following among N64 enthusiast because I know, I'm a N64 enthusiast myself. Everytime I heard about N64 games on Youtube or Reddit, especially Reddit, I all would hear 90% percent of the time is Mario 64, the Zelda games, and the Rareware games. On Reddit, all they would be talking about the majority of the time is OOT and Conker, I'm not joking. I was trying to spread the word on the underrated Goemon games on that Sub-Reddit for awhile and I was the only one talking about Goemon and some people just wanted me to shut up while they were still talking about OOT or Conker. But some people though on that Sub-Reddit have learned about the Goemon series because of me and they absolutely love it now.

But back on topic; Conker isn't nowhere as populer or iconic as Banjo & Kazooie or the DKC characters, but to almost everybody he would be next in line after them whether you like it or not SC. I think more people would flock to him instead of somebody like Krystal because there's idiots that believe all Krystal supporters are hentai farrie nuts that just want her in because of her sexuality which, isn't true for all of us that support her.

Also, sales isn't everything when it comes to choosing a character, especially when it comes to popularity or iconicness because if that the case Sora, Master Chief, Kratos, Tails, and ect would all have the biggest support threads on Smashboards whether than the obscure RPG protagonists like Isaac and Geno if that was the case.

K. Rool didn't started gaining support until Diddy got in so mark my words, Banjo fans will flock to Conker after he get's in.

Sure, Dixie has a better shot of getting in, but when it comes to popularity to Rare fans in general Conker wins.

Edit: You will see Banjo fans flocking to Conker after he get's in. This is coming from the mouth of a N64 enthusiast.
Where is all this talk about Conker on Reddit? It only gets mentioned a couple of times in this Reddit thread. And only once here. He doesn't even appear on that top 50 Reddit poll I mentioned earlier. If there is so much potential interest in Conker then why does he never, ever appear in Smash discussion? You're talking about a character whose game sold 1% of Banjo's biggest selling game, and you're also comparing characters like Geno and Isaac to third party characters, when naturally Nintendo games will take priority in Smash discussion.

I don't know why you're bringing this up in a Dixie thread. There's no data whatsoever to suggest your hypothesis. Conker's Bad Fur Day is a niche game, not a mainstream classic like Banjo-Kazooie. Whether or not the Banjo supporters would flock to Dixie, I couldn't tell you, but they sure as hell won't go to Conker en masse. Go in the thread and ask them if you want to see for yourself. You're just fearmongering for completely baseless reasons.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Nope. Dixie is far more popular, relevant, and more well known than Conker ever was, even among Rare fans, DKC2 and DKC3 are far bigger hits than Conker's only notable game. Again, her fanbase may be smaller than Banjo's, but at least it exists in the first place. Like StormC said, Conker couldn't even make it onto the top 50 poll on Reddit (even after removing all the Assist Trophies and Mii Costumes), there is practically zero support for him. Even among the Microsoft reps, Steve and Master Chief, as controversial as they would be, are more requested at this point than Conker.

I'd argue even Yooka-Laylee is more relevant at this point than Conker.

All of those characters aside from Kratos (for obvious reasons) and (debately) Master Chief do have big fanbases for Smash, even if some are more likely than others, there are just external factors at play there.

Last edited:

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
I think Conker's whole schtick with "it looks like a kid's game but is actually super profane and has sexual content" is very tired in modern times. It was great for shock value back then but I imagine it'd only elicit groans these days.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Where is all this talk about Conker on Reddit? It only gets mentioned a couple of times in this Reddit thread. And only once here. I was talking about on the N64 Sub-Reddit. When I was on there, people kept posting pictures of their copies of OOT or Conker's Bad Fur Day that they just bought. It got really annoying especially since some were bashing me there on me talking about the Goemon games too much, which I was the only one talking about those underrated games.
I was talking about the N64 Sub-Reddit Cali boy. When I was there, people were constantly posting pictures of their copies of OOT or Conker's Bad Fur Day that they just bought. It got annoying because some there were bashing me for me talking about the Goemon games too much, which I was the only one talking about those underrated games.

I don't know why you're bringing this up in a Dixie thread. There's no data whatsoever to suggest your hypothesis..
Nope. Dixie is far more popular, relevant, and more well known than Conker ever was. Again, her fanbase may be smaller than Banjo's, but at least it exists in the first place. Like StormC said, Conker couldn't even make it onto the top 50 poll on Reddit, there is practically zero support for him. Even Steve and Master Chief, as controversial as they would be, are more requested at this point than Conker.

I'd argue even Yooka-Laylee is more relevant at this point than Conker.
No there isn't. Conker isn't a popular pick for Smash in even in the top 50 right now, but that could change after Banjo get's in. Also, Conker isn't as niche as you say it is, you make it sound like I was saying Conker is just as iconic/popular as Banjo which, I wasn't saying. All I'm saying is N64 fans would go after Conker after Banjo, that's all.

Last edited:

DeniroSerafim

Smash Apprentice
Dixie AND Conker are both clearly going to be part of the Fighter Pass alongside Banjo. You'd have to be a FOOL not to think so......
Man, imagine how awesome the roster would be if Rare stuck with Nintendo. Oh well, K. Rool is still pretty sick.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Dixie AND Conker are both clearly going to be part of the Fighter Pass alongside Banjo. You'd have to be a FOOL not to think so......
I don't see it happening... but dear lord if only.

Man, imagine how awesome the roster would be if Rare stuck with Nintendo. Oh well, K. Rool is still pretty sick.
Banjo & Kazooie, Conker, Joanna Dark, Gruntilda, Mumbo, Battletoads, Juno, Vela, and Dark Queen would all be part of the roster right now had the buyout never happened.

Last edited:

SeashoreWar

Smash Journeyman
Had time to work on the next set for Mario Kart! It's Rambi and Squawks' time to shine. I definitely wanna go back and add animal crate designs to Enguarde and Squitter now. As well as do a full set for Enguarde!

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
Well, if Smash bros includes Conker or Banjor just to memorize the Diddy Kong Racing, I just wish that Nintendo could bring more DK characters to the Mario Kart games and also revive Wizpig and the rest of NIntendo characters as well. At first I thought Diddy's inclusion in Kart games was to memorize his series, but Kart 8 seems to deconfirm that.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I think the DDR characters don't really seem to fit anywhere except maybe the Banjo series. Especially weird with Pipsy, who wears a sailor fuku for no particular reason other than maybe acknowledging Nintendo as a Japanese company.

I would have been fine with them being in as spirits, yet the Spirits Team can't seem to find their artwork at all. :facepalm:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Had time to work on the next set for Mario Kart! It's Rambi and Squawks' time to shine. I definitely wanna go back and add animal crate designs to Enguarde and Squitter now. As well as do a full set for Enguarde!

Amazing! Can you draw a Kackle vehicle?

I think the DDR characters don't really seem to fit anywhere except maybe the Banjo series. Especially weird with Pipsy, who wears a sailor fuku for no particular reason other than maybe acknowledging Nintendo as a Japanese company.

I would have been fine with them being in as spirits, yet the Spirits Team can't seem to find their artwork at all. :facepalm:
Speaking of Wiz Pig, Taj, and the rest of the DKR cast excluding Diddy, Banjo, and Conker, does Nintendo own them or does Rare/Microsoft?

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Amazing! Can you draw a Kackle vehicle?

Speaking of Wiz Pig, Taj, and the rest of the DKR cast excluding Diddy, Banjo, and Conker, does Nintendo own them or does Rare/Microsoft?
AWDE.jpg

We don't really have a clear answer, But Nintendo owns everything Donkey Kong related so that would include Diddy Kong and Krunch and on the DS version Dixie and Tiny Kong too. (Which they replaced Banjo and Conker with) ,But Microsoft/Rare own everything else based on the DS version of the game if you look at the back of the box art at the bottom it does say that certain characters were licensed by Rare.

Last edited:

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
Well very minor reference, the discontinued Geman magazine Club Nintendo did a special collaboration comic featuring three protagnoists....

https://bomberman.fandom.com/wiki/Never_Say_Holerö!

But probably means nothing since the comics seem to include other non-Nintnedo characters who appear in releases on NIntendo platforms.

As for the other spirits/trophies/stickers, looks like the Mario sport characters from Camelot also appeared. But we've not seen one from Diddy Kong Racing.

Last edited:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
View attachment 194675
We don't really have a clear answer, But Nintendo owns everything Donkey Kong related so that would include Diddy Kong and Krunch and on the DS version Dixie and Tiny Kong too. (Which they replaced Banjo and Conker with) ,But Microsoft/Rare own everything else based on the DS version of the game if you look at the back of the box art at the bottom it does say that certain characters were licensed by Rare.
There's actually a discrepancy between Nintendo and Microsoft when it comes to these characters. Tiptup the turtle debuted in DKR, but has been established as a Banjo-Kazooie character from then on. He even shows up in Banjo-Tooie and in both games he gives you Jiggies for his tasks. That's fine, but the problem is that when DKR DS came out, they removed Banjo and Conker but left Tiptup in. Nintendo has been using a Microsoft character--A BANJO-KAZOOIE CHARACTER--and neither company seems to have any idea.

It wasn't just Banjo and Conker they needed to replace. Tiptup snuck right past the legal barriers and is even prominent on the cover. LOL.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
There's actually a discrepancy between Nintendo and Microsoft when it comes to these characters. Tiptup the turtle debuted in DKR, but has been established as a Banjo-Kazooie character from then on. He even shows up in Banjo-Tooie and in both games he gives you Jiggies for his tasks. That's fine, but the problem is that when DKR DS came out, they removed Banjo and Conker but left Tiptup in. Nintendo has been using a Microsoft character--A BANJO-KAZOOIE CHARACTER--and neither company seems to have any idea.

It wasn't just Banjo and Conker they needed to replace. Tiptup snuck right past the legal barriers and is even prominent on the cover. LOL.
I always found that kind of weird how they left Tiptup in the DS version since he's tied to the Banjo-Kazooie franchise, But I always kind of assumed that since he was a minor character that they probably thought it wasn't that big of deal where as Banjo and Conker are actually the main characters of their own franchises.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

So, does that make them illegal immigrants? :4pacman:

I always found that kind of weird how they left Tiptup in the DS version since he's tied to the Banjo-Kazooie franchise, But I always kind of assumed that since he was a minor character that they probably thought it wasn't that big of deal where has Banjo and Conker are actually the main characters of their own franchises.
You know, that's actually a pretty valid point. It helps that none of these original characters ever had any major roles to speak of beyond DDR.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I always found that kind of weird how they left Tiptup in the DS version since he's tied to the Banjo-Kazooie franchise, But I always kind of assumed that since he was a minor character that they probably thought it wasn't that big of deal where as Banjo and Conker are actually the main characters of their own franchises.
Ehh I suspect the legal teams could pounce on this if they care enough. It kinda reminds me of Geno's cameo in Superstar Saga. It was such a minor appearance that could be easily missed but Square wanted credit for it regardless. Tiptup has a much larger role and presence here in comparison and he slips by without notice. Minor character in Banjo's games, but a big part of the cast in Diddy Kong Racing.

DeniroSerafim

Smash Apprentice
So this probably has been brought up before, but do you think it's possible Nintendo might throw out some echo fighters separately from the Fighter Pass to keep interest in the game going? I honestly think this might happen, I have to assume Nintendo is going to want to keep updating Ultimate as much as they can, especially when considering how well Ultimate is selling right now. I don't think Nintendo wants that gravy train to stop any time soon.

How likely do you guys think this is? And if this did happen, is it possible that Dixie would be made available this way? I don't want Dixie to be an echo, but if there's no chance of Dixie ever getting in otherwise...I mean, it's better than nothing right?

Last edited:

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
So this probably has been brought up before, but do you think it's possible Nintendo might throw out some echo fighters separately from the Fighter Pass to keep interest in the game going? I honestly think this might happen, I have to assume Nintendo is going to want to keep updating Ultimate as much as they can, especially when considering how well Ultimate is selling right now. I don't think Nintendo wants that gravy train to stop any time soon.

How likely do you guys think this is? And if this did happen, is it possible that Dixie would be made available this way? I don't want Dixie to be an echo, but if there's no chance of Dixie ever getting in otherwise...I mean, it's better than nothing right?
I wouldn't trust that information so suddenly, it could be just a rumor since they did said that the dlc characters won't be echoes.

And if that is true I got to be honest an echo won't do it for me, I would be more disappointed to see her that way than not having her at all. I feel like she has enough potential to be unique or at least a semi clone, her ponytail is something that shouldn't be igorned and it could bring an entirely different set of fighting style that no one else on the current roster can do.

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
I can tell that Dixie and Diddy are different, just most fans do want their favorite characters to be more distinctive than being just copycats. But the echo system is no doubt creating bigger chances for new characters to be inserted when the game faces its limit.
Right now, Dixie's hope as an original regular is bigger in Smash 6 than in Smash 5.

Last edited:

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
I can tell that Dixie and Diddy are different, just most fans do want their favorite characters to be more distinctive than being just copycats. But the echo system is no doubt creating bigger chances for new characters to be inserted when the game faces its limit.
Right now, Dixie's hope as an original regular is bigger in Smash 6 than in Smash 5.
Well if that was the case I can wait and like I said it's best not to assume any rumors especially after the Grinch leak ended up being false. I also rather her not to be stuck with a broken base like how Ganondorf and Dark Samus have. Daisy's treatment in this game also turned me away from the echo idea even further since I don't feel a tomboyish character like her should be stuck with a girlishly move set that Peach has.

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
So can I get someone to recolor Grookey to look more like Dixie, with pink instead of green and yellow instead of brown?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Depends. There currently aren't too many possibilities for echo fighters of base roster characters. Seriously Bamco, you have one right there for Pac-Man, it's not rocket science.

Well if that was the case I can wait and like I said it's best not to assume any rumors especially after the Grinch leak ended up being false. I also rather her not to be stuck with a broken base like how Ganondorf and Dark Samus have. Daisy's treatment in this game also turned me away from the echo idea even further since I don't feel a tomboyish character like her should be stuck with a girlishly move set that Peach has.
Daisy is known enough, so I think she may get differentiation later on in the series. And lest we forget, even the very first clone fighter got moveset differences after the first game. :ultluigi: So I think that at least a few of the current Echoes will get moveset changes the further we go in the series, lest we end up with a dozen clones or so cluttering up future rosters if nothing's done.

Dark Pit is increasingly looking like an unfavorite, though, seeing as he got the Echo designation alongside Lucina after 4.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
To be honest guys, I wish the clone system never existed in Smash because If it didn't, we would have Ganondorf and Falco as unique characters with unique movesets. I'm too sure about all the other clones fates in that alternate universe since the majority of them wouldn't have no chance in *** if the clone system never existed. Ganondorf and Falco I believe 100% percent would have still made it into the roster in that alternate timeline, but probably not in Melee since Wario, Dedede, Pit, Sonic, and Snake were planned but didn't make it due to time constraints. In a reality were time didn't push Sakurai to put in clones in Melee, those 5 would have debut in Melee instead of Brawl.

Last edited:

DeniroSerafim

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to clarify, I'm not talking about any rumors or claiming to have any inside info, it was just something I thought about.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

It's certainly possible. The real kicker about Dixie is that they already have her Mii hat and unlike the other costumes, they can literally just paste that onto the Diddy model, adjust the moveset, and call it a day.
She wouldn't even have to be an echo, Isabelle showed us that characters that could have been clones could still be somewhat unique.

I wouldn't trust that information so suddenly, it could be just a rumor since they did said that the dlc characters won't be echoes.

And if that is true I got to be honest an echo won't do it for me, I would be more disappointed to see her that way than not having her at all. I feel like she has enough potential to be unique or at least a semi clone, her ponytail is something that shouldn't be igorned and it could bring an entirely different set of fighting style that no one else on the current roster can do.
Beyond Isabelle, Chrom and Ken showed us that echoes can still be somewhat unique, for example Chrom taking Ike's Up-B despite being mostly based on Roy can be easily translated into Dixie taking DK's Up-B despite being mostly based on Diddy.
I can understand the frustration of not having her be unique, and I would certainly prefer her to be, but I would still rather have her in the game in the first place. Clones or not, simply having a spot on the roster does wonders to a character's prestige, they get to have a place in the general culture and discussion of the community, they get to be in all the fan art and comics and the web animations and the like, they get to be introduced to millions of fans who might have never heard or cared of her otherwise. If I had to make the choice, I would rather have her in the roster just for that.

To be honest guys, I wish the clone system never existed in Smash because If it didn't, we would have Ganondorf and Falco as unique characters with unique movesets. I'm too sure about all the other clones fates in that alternate universe since the majority of them wouldn't have no chance in *** if the clone system never existed. Ganondorf and Falco I believe 100% percent would have still made it into the roster in that alternate timeline, but probably not in Melee since Wario, Dedede, Pit, Sonic, and Snake were planned but didn't make it due to time constraints. In a reality were time didn't push Sakurai to put in clones in Melee, those 5 would have debut in Melee instead of Brawl.
Again, I can understand this frustration, but without the clone system there would have been a far smaller roster. In games like Mario Kart I can understand being angry at 'clones' like Tanooki Mario and Pink Gold Peach because the characters in a racing game shouldn't take that much time to make, but in Smash Bros there is a big difference in development time for each individual moveset. Clones like Lucas and Wolf also aren't inherently ripped, they can be just as interesting to play as the original characters, and in some cases more interesting. A lot of people even prefer playing the clones over the original characters, even in cases of echoes. It's like adding seasoning to a dish, sure it's almost the same moveset, but there is a different flavor in how it plays.
I'd rather have the bigger roster, especially since the game's roster is so big at this point it would be almost overwhelming to have so many completely different movesets.

Again, we don't even know when the next Smash Bros is, it could be a very long time from now, and Sakurai might not even return, alone assuming that Dixie's popularity doesn't wane even further by that time.
And no matter what, it's pretty much a guarantee that the next game will cut characters, so this is the last time and chance Dixie has to be able to stand alongside every single veteran in the series, and have a truly perfect roster. I'd would really rather not wait 6-10 years to have her get in a possible reboot that would have huge cuts. Having a spot on this roster would be most ideal, in any circumstance.

Depends. There currently aren't too many possibilities for echo fighters of base roster characters. Seriously Bamco, you have one right there for Pac-Man, it's not rocket science.

Daisy is known enough, so I think she may get differentiation later on in the series. And lest we forget, even the very first clone fighter got moveset differences after the first game. :ultluigi: So I think that at least a few of the current Echoes will get moveset changes the further we go in the series, lest we end up with a dozen clones or so cluttering up future rosters if nothing's done.

Dark Pit is increasingly looking like an unfavorite, though, seeing as he got the Echo designation alongside Lucina after 4.
I'd love Ms. Pac-Man. Impa and Octoling would also be my personal favorites to get in.

Last edited:

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
It's certainly possible. The real kicker about Dixie is that they literally already have her Mii hat and unlike the other costumes, they can literally just paste that onto the Diddy model, adjust the moveset, and call it a day.
She wouldn't even have to be an echo, Isabelle showed us that characters that could have been clones could still be somewhat unique.

Chrom and Ken showed us that echoes can still be somewhat unique, for example Chrom taking Ike's Up-B despite being mostly based on Roy can be easily translated into Dixie taking DK's Up-B despite being mostly based on Diddy.
I can understand the frustration of not having her be unique, and I would certainly prefer her to be, but I would still rather have her in the game in the first place. Clones or not, simply having a spot on the roster does wonders to a character's prestige, they get to have a place in the general culture and discussion of the community, they get to be in all the fan art and comics and the like, they get to be introduced to millions of fans who might have never heard or cared of her otherwise. If I had to make the choice, I would rather have her in the roster just for that.

Again, I can understand this frustration, but without the clone system there would have been a far smaller roster. In games like Mario Kart I can understand being angry at 'clones' because the characters shouldn't take that much time to make, but in Smash Bros there is a big difference in development time. Clones like Lucas and Wolf also aren't inherently ripped, they can be just as interesting to play as the original characters, and in some cases more interesting. I'd rather have the bigger roster.

Again, we don't even know when the next Smash Bros is, it could be a very long time from now, and Sakurai might not even return, alone assuming that Dixie's popularity doesn't wane even further by that time.
And no matter what, it's pretty much a guarantee that the next game will cut characters, so this is the last time and chance Dixie has to be able to stand alongside every single veteran in the series, and have a truly perfect roster. I'd would really rather not wait 6-10 years to have her get in a possible reboot that would have huge cuts. Having a spot on this roster would be most ideal, in any circumstance.

I'd love Ms. Pac-Man. Impa and Octoling would also be my personal favorites to get in.
I'm sorry but I'm never going to change my opinion about it, to me it would feel pointless to have her as an echo cause it not only takes away her purpose of character throughout her history but I wouldn't want to underwhelmed with how she's represented(like how I feel about Daisy) and I'm not desperate to have her on the roster just to have her in since I love Ultimate to death as it is.

Having her properly represented as her own characteristics would satisfy pretty much all her fans instead of having a broken base.

Besides that I feel like if they actually wanted her that way they would have done so considering that she has a Mii hat, an spirit that can be enhanced, two online avatars (a rarity for an NPC) and a spirit battle which has her represented by Isabelle (which opens more ideas for what they think how Dixie could work) even the devs might believe that she deserves better than that.

I believe it's better to think the possibility of her being unique at this point since it's something that brings positive thoughts rather than being puzzled about having her stuck as an echo which would have people stuck with disappointment for those who see the huge potential she has with her ponytail.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I'm sorry but I'm never going to change my opinion about it, to me it would feel pointless to have her as an echo cause it not only takes away her purpose of character throughout her history but I wouldn't want to underwhelmed with how she's represented(like how I feel about Daisy) and I'm not desperate to have her on the roster just to have her in since I love Ultimate to death as it is.

Having her properly represented as her own characteristics would satisfy pretty much all her fans instead of having a broken base.

Besides that I feel like if they actually wanted her that way they would have done so considering that she has a Mii hat, an spirit that can be enhanced, two online avatars (a rarity for an NPC) and a spirit battle which has her represented by Isabelle (which opens more ideas for what they think how Dixie could work) even the devs might believe that she deserves better than that.

I believe it's better to think the possibility of her being unique at this point since it's something that brings positive thoughts rather than being puzzled about having her stuck as an echo which would have people stuck with disappointment for those who see the huge potential she has with her ponytail.
To each their own. For me having her in at all would be a blessing in it of itself. Although the fact that they didn’t just make her an echo in the base roster might very well increase her chances of being unique for the future.

SeashoreWar

Smash Journeyman
So can I get someone to recolor Grookey to look more like Dixie, with pink instead of green and yellow instead of brown?
Tried out a few.

It would honestly be pretty cool if each shiny of Grookey's evolutions represented a different kong.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133

In my 3 month amount of time away from Smashboards, I've seen all 14,000,605 ways the DLC could possibly go and their is only 1 way Dixie makes it into the roster...

Echo! (through a free software update...)

I'm sorry BirthNote BirthNote

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
In my 3 month amount of time away from Smashboards, I've seen all 14,000,605 ways the DLC could possibly go and their is only 1 way Dixie makes it into the roster...

Echo! (through a free software update...)

I'm sorry BirthNote BirthNote

Nooooooooooooo......!!! Why her!?

My heart... Doesn't feel so good right now...

Last edited:
Top Bottom