• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

Marcello691

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 0035 6389 6608
I think that Dixie and the DK series as a whole are very popular! The thing is that we are not as loud as other fanbases. There was a japanese statistics a few weeks ago which showed the average age of the people who bought smash Bros Ultimate. 46,3 % of the people who bought the game are between 20 and 29, people like me who grew up during the snes era with super popular games like the dkc trilogy. So many people would have recognized dixie and would have been excited if she had been in the game.
I remember when dkcr was announced in 2010, I knew the game would become a success but I read so many comments on so many websites at that time where people were only expecting it to sell like 1-2 million copies, because many younger people didn't know how popular and successful the dk series was back then. And guess what, the game was a huge success and sold almost 7 million copies! What I noticed over the years is that there are still many many dk fans out there, but they are not very "vocal" unfortunately.
Even tropical freeze on switch, a port which costs 10 dollars/Euros more than the original, sold more than 2 million. I think Nintendo knows about dk's popularity and that we want new games in that series and more dk content overall but they're too proud and stubborn to admit that. It's probably because british developer rare gave us that great dkc world. I mean look at how long it took them to make a true successor to the dkc series and we only got k.rool in smash now....
I know that a new dk game with the whole dk crew and the Kremling krew will come to switch eventually, I just hope it won't take too long, it would fit into Nintendo's pattern to show it at e3 this year, so I'm keen to see what they got for the dk fans!

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Not that this ultimately will matter much probably, but this Assist Alliance seems like a bad idea to me. I feel like Dixie just gets lost in the sea of all these characters by being a part of it. Better to stay independent and true to the incendiary thread title that makes fans of Lololo and Lalala rage: Dixie Kong is the last Nintendo all-star. Her roles and prominence make her stand out from most of the other characters in that group. I think Dixie should and could sustain a fandom all her own.

Also, I made this reaction image to respond to pro Dixie posts around this site or others.

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Well, she's the last Nintendo all star. She's in a waiting room all by herself. ( Yes, by HERSELF, fans of Rick the Hamster. ) She's going crazy!
I edited my Mii a little bit. I actually don't use Mii brawler. I use Mii swordfighter and gunner with Dixie cause it's more fun but admittedly makes less sense fo Dixie. Oh well.

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Well, she's the last Nintendo all star. She's in a waiting room all by herself. ( Yes, by HERSELF, fans of Rick the Hamster. ) She's going crazy!
I edited my Mii a little bit. I actually don't use Mii brawler. I use Mii swordfighter and gunner with Dixie cause it's more fun but admittedly makes less sense fo Dixie. Oh well.

Those came out really well! After Dixie, we definitely need Lanky.

DeniroSerafim

Smash Apprentice
I have now decided to blindly believe that Dixie Kong will 100% be part of the fighter pass despite everything pointing to it not happening.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I don't want to raise expectations too high, in case you get overhyped and find the game underwhelming as a result, but I'll say that it's one of the best Wii U games to get a port to the Switch. Please check it out and spend some time with it, lose yourself in the levels and collectibles, and maybe forget about how there aren't any Kremlings in the game, see how enjoyable you find the game.

One thing I'll say, is that among all the DKC games, it has my favorite soundtrack by David Wise. Legit some of the best music he's ever composed.
I appreciate the feedback. The general consensus seems to be that it is at the very least better than DKC1 and Returns.

I don't feel like getting into it, but I genuinely feel that this is because she is a girl. Gamers have a...complicated relationship with girls and female characters.
I highly doubt Dixie Kong being female is a factor to why she does not have many loud fans. In general, fanbases for female character are among the loudest and most passionate fanbases from what I have personally seen (unfortunately in many cases it stems from having a sexual attraction to the character that they are supporting).

This is even the case if the actual fanbase is not particularly large compared to other characters. During pre-Brawl, only Krystal was within the Top 10 most wanted characters (and that was only on the Western side of things), and Palutena was the only female character that was within the Top 10 most requested characters for pre-Smash 4. That should tell you everything about just how passionate most fanbases for female newcomers are (they are much louder than what their actual sizes are). Dixie Kong is the inverse. She has a very large fanbase, but her supporters are rather quiet. This is not a phenomenon unique for a character support base. Little Mac was among the Top 5 most wanted characters for Smash 4, yet had one of the quietest fanbases I have ever seen.

As mentioned earlier, Roy's Western fanbase during pre-Smash 4 is another example of this phenomenon as well (many supporters, but low volume).

Although granted, anyone that isn't Banjo/Geno/Isaac/Rayman/BWD/Waluigi does tend to get lower-key support, if any.
I think it is too soon to say which characters people are really passionate about for the next title. The only two threads with a lot of activity still are Geno and Isaac and to a lesser extent Banjo. The next period could look very different in terms of requests. For example, Krystal and Geno were highly requested during pre-Brawl, but then both collapsed hard during the pre-Smash 4 period (particularly Geno). Another example would be Shovel Knight. Remember just how big he was during the ballot period? Now he is barely on anyone's radar.

In general, I think there might be a growing divorce between the "Smash bubble" (the online chattering section to the fanbase that is very loud) and even the core Smash Bros. fanbase let alone the casual ones. Castlevania's inclusion in Ultimate might be an example of this. According to Sakurai, Castlevania did very well on the Smash Ballot, yet there seemed to be very little discussion and passion for the series among the "Smash bubble".

I disagree. I just don't think that she has the popularity. There's always been a bigger goal when it comes to DK; Diddy until Brawl and K. Rool, a villain with unfathomable character, tossed to the sidelines for a decade, much to the dismay of his fans. DK also hasn't been a prominent force in Nintendo's lineup since the Rare days, due to lackluster spinoffs after the split and a less than frequent release schedule even after the revival. She's a side character in a series that isn't really even mainstream anymore.

Shantae's fanbase, on the other hand, is fairly large, which I would attribute to a slightly more frequent release schedule as of late as well as the fact that she'd be representing a new series, who's fans are starved for content as far as Smash goes. I think you'd be hard pressed to make the case that any character's popularity can be attributed to their demographic.
I would disagree with your assessment. Dixie Kong has a very large fanbase. I think she is probably among the Top 10 most wanted characters now honestly. I do think though the lack of a bigger goal might be a large factor for why there is not the drive behind Dixie Kong like there was for K. Rool though.

It is difficult to ascertain how big Shantae really is. She could very well be the the biggest example of a "Smash bubble" character. There are many, many people who do not know who she is, but among the "Smash bubble" passion for her is very high.

specifically she's a girl who isnt a conventionally-attractive humanoid, which is possibly a reason a lot of people dont really care about her and/or find her an appealing option. moreso its probably just A) the DK series is already represented fairly well at this point and B) casual fans dont know much about dixie kong except that she exists
I actually think the fact Dixie Kong is a female that is not "physically attractive" or appeals to a certain sexual fetish, is a big factor about why she does not have the typical female newcomer passion boost.

I do not think Dixie Kong is unknown though. Anyone familiar with DKC2, DKC3, or Tropical Freeze knows who she is, and those were the biggest titles for the SNES and Wii U respectively. Her main ability (being able to fly/glide with her hair) is also well known. However, she is definitely not as big as she was during the 90's, but, her being a star in three major titles means she is at least known.

I understand she faces stiff competition from all the potential 3rd party characters for the fighter's pass, but I feel among 1st parties and especially echo/semiclones she is fairly high up on the list. The reason she would be unlikely would be because of the low possibility of unplanned echo newcomers or a 2nd season pass in it of itself, but not if either of those actually come to fruition, especially since most of her 1st party competition has been confirmed as ATs.
There are many, many competitors for an echo slot though. Impa, Octoling, Funky Kong, and Jeanne are just some examples that come up a lot. Dixie Kong would require quite a bit more effort than most potential echoes, since at the very least she would need to have Chrom level differentiation (a different Final Smash and recovery from Diddy Kong).

I think if Sakurai wanted to make Dixie into a Echo, she would be one in the base game. But the fact that Dark Samus got in and she didn't leaves me to believe that Sakurai probably thought she is too unique to be made into a Echo and I agree with that because if she were a Echo, she would be a clone/semi-clone forever like Ganondorf or Falco. She deserves to have a unique moveset.
I think so too. I think Dixie Kong would have been a possibility had there been time for another semi-clone type character. However, I do think Dixie Kong could still be conveyed well if she was Ken-style echo. I think if Sakurai wanted to, he could easily bend the rules for Dixie Kong as an echo just like he did for Ken (assuming additional echoes were made).

I think regardless of what her designation is, I think she is most likely going to end up as some sort of semi-clone (whether a Lucas/Wolf style one, or a Ken-style echo).

It's strange to realize now, but Dixie has only been in one game over the past ten years. I don't think she's as ingrained as a "Nintendo staple" as we like to believe.
Yes, it is quite strange. That is why I keep saying that Dixie Kong's future may not be as secure as we think. During the 2000's, which many DK fans viewed as a decade of "decline" of the series, the DKC cast (aside from DK and Diddy) at least appeared in multiple Mario spinoffs. We also got the Paon trilogy (King of Swing, Jungle Climber, Barrel Blast) and Jungle Beat. The only two DK titles during the 2010's were Returns and Tropical Freeze, and no DK characters aside from DK and Diddy made any playable appearances in the Mario spinoffs.

With Retro working on Metroid Prime 4 now, there might not be a developer for the DK series for the next several years, and we might very well be looking at a ten year wait between DK platformers if Retro is the main developer for those platformers now.

I just want more games where I can play as my favorite feminine simian, is that so much to ask?
I definitely want Dixie Kong to show up in more titles. It is really strange in particular she has not made any more additional Mario spinoff appearances.

Not that this ultimately will matter much probably, but this Assist Alliance seems like a bad idea to me. I feel like Dixie just gets lost in the sea of all these characters by being a part of it. Better to stay independent and true to the incendiary thread title that makes fans of Lololo and Lalala rage: Dixie Kong is the last Nintendo all-star. Her roles and prominence make her stand out from most of the other characters in that group. I think Dixie should and could sustain a fandom all her own.

Also, I made this reaction image to respond to pro Dixie posts around this site or others.
Ironically, there was this sort of "alliance" group after Smash 4's release. I requested for Roy to be a part of it and they declined because they felt Roy was unrealistic to happen so it would just dilute the group. Ironically, I think the only character that was a part of it that ended up happening as DLC was Lucas.

As for Dixie Kong being the last Nintendo All-Star, I do personally think she is probably the most important character to his/her prospective veteran franchise that is not yet a part of the roster yet. Dixie Kong is basically the last holdover from longtime Nintendo fans that is not part of the roster yet.

I do agree Dixie Kong could easily stand on her own. She has an unique designation. She was probably the first major overtly female character to headline a major video game release. Dixie Kong preceded Lara Craft and Jill Valentine. Sure there were female protagonists in RPGs and Samus, but RPGs were mostly niche (and one-shot characters), and many people in the pre-internet days had no idea that Samus was a woman until reading about the pronouns used to refer to her, and in which case they were shocked.

Dixie Kong also was a heroine that did not rely on sex appeal to gain a massive following. She was endearing on her own merits independent of her gender, and even among boys she was extremely popular despite her being a feminine girl who wore pink and would cry upon losing. Ask any people who actually grew up with the DKC games during the 1990's, and they will tell you just how cool Dixie Kong was despite her unconventional design.

We need to sell Dixie Kong to a new generation, and just explain to them just what makes this character as endearing as she is and just what she has to give to not only Smash Bros. but gaming as a whole.

I have now decided to blindly believe that Dixie Kong will 100% be part of the fighter pass despite everything pointing to it not happening.
You are setting yourself up for a disappointment then in my personal opinion. Personally, I can relate though. I was personally not expecting Roy to be a part of the DLC for Smash 4, but I still had hope for him (I felt he would be the most likely veteran picked to come back after Wolf and Lucas, but that was a big if). I really hope she happens for Ultimate, but at this point it would have to come down to very unexpected things happening.

Also, happy birthday to you. Guess who also has birthday wishes for you?

On a small sidenote, this is my 100th post in this thread. The only other character support topics that I have ever made it to that number were Ridley and Roy. Dixie Kong is truly my last strong desire for Smash Bros. However, as a I said before, I do not feel like putting in the time and effort into supporting her as I did for Ridley and Roy. Instead, I want to lay out the tools and ideas for the next generation of Dixie Kong supporters to use for the next title. I still hope for a miracle that she makes it onto Ultimate's roster, however, I am preparing my essay as something for the next generation to use before I move on from the Smash Bros. character support scene.

On a sidenote, in case anyone is wondering, I initially submitted this post hours ago, but I accidentally hit submit before I was truly ready to post it (a lot of responses were not ready yet). For anyone who saw this post hours ago, obviously there is a lot more that I have said.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So now that K. Rool is finally in, how much support do you guys think Dixie will have in Smash 6? K. Rool's fanbase wasn't that big during Brawl, but gained a massive following during Smash 4 and rose to be one of the biggest fanbases in the Smash community. I think a lot of people didn't started supporting K. Rool until Diddy got in, so I could see the same thing happening with Dixie in the next Smash now that K. Rool is in. I think like with Diddy, most people are just happy to finally have K. Rool right now, but will start inching or having the desire to get Dixie in so that the 4 main DK characters will finally be in Smash.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
So now that K. Rool is finally in, how much support do you guys think Dixie will have in Smash 6? K. Rool's fanbase wasn't that big during Brawl, but gained a massive following during Smash 4 and rose to be one of the biggest fanbases in the Smash community. I think a lot of people didn't started supporting K. Rool until Diddy got in, so I could see the same thing happening with Dixie in the next Smash now that K. Rool is in. I think like with Diddy, most people are just happy to finally have K. Rool right now, but will start inching or having the desire to get Dixie in so that the 4 main DK characters will finally be in Smash.
I think pretty big. She’s seen as one of those very popular Nintendo characters, while not having any actual reasons against her. K. Rool fans will probably now focus their attentions on her, and there are tons of K. Rool fans.

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
I had a fun little thought earlier today for if Dixie were to be a semi-clone.

How hilarious/cool would it be if the kick part of Dixie's Monkey Flip variation was a shout-out to Mortal Kombat's Liu Kang? As in, if she bicycle kicks while shouting like a monkeyish Bruce Lee?

I tell ya, laughs would be had, & fits would be pitched by anyone on the receiving end.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I don't usually dream about games, let alone Smash, but one night ago it happened. It was about Dixie being announced for Smash. Let me tell you, she looked cuter in Smash than she had any right to. Weirdly, she looked a lot more cartoony than DK and Diddy. Go figure.

One interesting thing about the weird dream is that she had a mine cart in her kit. Judging by how it worked, I would say it was her side B (something like Jr's side B or Inkling's Roller).

I was very disappointed when I woke up.

StormC

Smash Hero
It depends. If Dixie is still appearing in games for the next 5-7 years, she could be pretty big, although she has to deal with third parties (which are more popular than ever to request for Smash, partially thanks to the growing third party roster and partially thanks to the dwindling first party pool) and already popular first party picks, namely Waluigi. If she doesn't appear in games frequently (or at all), it could very well risk being a Krystal situation for her.

This poll was taken back in November after the last Smash Direct. This is about what I expect for Dixie going forward, she will likely always be in the top 20 and depending on her appearance in future DK games and new contenders appearing, could be in the top 10 on a good day. I don't think she will ever reach the S tier of requests, though, a la K. Rool/Ridley/Mega Man. With K. Rool in, a lot of people feel like DK is fine as is (though that could change in Smash 6). I think if Sakurai feels like adding another semi-clone in the next Smash, Dixie is in a good spot. Otherwise, not sure what her future holds.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It isn't much, but the next spirit board event gives love to the DK series:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...t_board_event_is_a_donkey_kong_family_reunion

It depends. If Dixie is still appearing in games for the next 5-7 years, she could be pretty big, although she has to deal with third parties (which are more popular than ever to request for Smash, partially thanks to the growing third party roster and partially thanks to the dwindling first party pool) and already popular first party picks, namely Waluigi. If she doesn't appear in games frequently (or at all), it could very well risk being a Krystal situation for her.

This poll was taken back in November after the last Smash Direct. This is about what I expect for Dixie going forward, she will likely always be in the top 20 and depending on her appearance in future DK games and new contenders appearing, could be in the top 10 on a good day. I don't think she will ever reach the S tier of requests, though, a la K. Rool/Ridley/Mega Man. With K. Rool in, a lot of people feel like DK is fine as is (though that could change in Smash 6). I think if Sakurai feels like adding another semi-clone in the next Smash, Dixie is in a good spot. Otherwise, not sure what her future holds.
Considering how Kirby fans eventually stopped being fine with just three characters by 4, I don't think we'll need to worry about Dixie gaining attention over time, especially if the next game doesn't do much about adding first parties. Plus, as one may have noticed, Joker was ranked near the bottom at 49 shortly before his confirmation, so anything could happen.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
This is the stuff of nightmares... Dixie isn’t there?
I think that shot is suppose to be based off of the box art for the original DKC. So it would make sense for Dixie not to be included in any art based off of the first DKC.

Edit: The Reggienator has left the building, Doug Bowser is coming in.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
For those who haven't gotten the Dixie Kong spirit, there's a special DK themed event for the spirit board this weekend that you might be interested in.
2019-02-22 (2).png

Interesting how Dixie herself is nowhere to be seen in the official promotional image, despite being one of the first spirits shown off in the November Direct.

Last edited:

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
heads up btw: the dixie kong spirit doesnt actually show up on the spirit board unless you've summoned her first (summoning dixie requires a tiny kong and candy kong spirit)

SirCamp

Smash Ace
So this was posted in the Banjo thread. Potentially huge news for Dixie.

People were thinking that Jane, a new codename found in a garbage file, would be a codename for a female Joker alt. The linked post seems to detail why that might not be the case and may be a new character after all. Which indicates we are likely to receive a female DLC character with a ponytail.

I repeat female DLC character with a ponytail.

Granted there are other character that fit these parameters, but assuming this holds up there is significantly less competition. Jill Valentine and Shantae? And in Jill's case her ponytail would not be relevant in any way to her moveset, so unless the file is simply for animation... Who knows.

Exciting stuff nonetheless.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

People were thinking that Jane, a new codename found in a garbage file, would be a codename for a female Joker alt. The linked post seems to detail why that might not be the case and may be a new character after all. Which indicates we are likely to receive a female DLC character with a ponytail.

Granted there are other character that fit these parameters, but assuming this holds up there is significantly less competition. Jill Valentine and Shantae? And in Jill's case her ponytail would not be relevant in any way to her moveset, so unless the file is simply for animation... Who knows.

I hope it's our girl.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
I was just going to come over here and post about the data mine stuff. I've been so detached from the DLC speculation because I got Ridley and have had no hope for Dixie but man now I am all ears!

Crepuscular

Smash Rookie
ahhhhhhh I'm actually getting excited. So many little coincidences here (you could also stretch for a "Jane" from Tarzan thing...you know, the guy who famously lives in the jungle with apes??)

That being said, "little coincidences pointing to Dixie being in and then she's not in" has been her whole thing since Brawl, lol. The ride never ends.

Last edited:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I think if Sakurai wanted to make Dixie into a Echo, she would be one in the base game. But the fact that Dark Samus got in and she didn't leaves me to believe that Sakurai probably thought she is too unique to be made into a Echo and I agree with that because if she were a Echo, she would be a clone/semi-clone forever like Ganondorf or Falco. She deserves to have a unique moveset.
I must have missed commenting on this. However, I do have something to say on this in particular. Ganondorf has already been changed to include his sword as part of his moveset, which many thought would never happen. Secondly, never say never in regards to Smash Bros. Who knows what is going to happen with the next installment. There is a decent chance that in the next game (if it is a reboot), that many of the returning veterans will get moveset overhauls.

As for Falco, as I mentioned a while back, he is lucky even to be in Smash Bros.'s roster at all. Had he not made it into Melee (which was as a clone), he probably would not have gotten in Smash Bros. at all because during pre-Melee most newcomer Star Fox support was behind Wolf (due to his appearance in the E3 2001 Melee trailer), and it is likely that the push for a second Star Fox character during the pre-Brawl period would have mostly been between fans of Wolf and Krystal. Falco was very lucky to have been selected as a newcomer for Melee.

As for Sakurai's own thoughts on Dixie Kong being too unique to be an echo, I would not be surprised. However, I am sure he could have worked Dixie Kong as an echo if he really wanted to. I do think Dixie Kong was at least considered to be an echo, with Sakurai either deducing that it would either be too much work for an echo or that echo status would not be suitable for Dixie Kong (or possibly a combination of both).

K. Rool's fanbase did not take off until Diddy Kong's confirmation in August 2007. However, he did not become a Top 5 character until later on in 2008, when a lot of other characters deflated, and K. Rool's resume looked among the best among veteran franchise newcomers (the only other veteran series newcomer that rivalled him was Ridley, who was already massively requested during the pre-Brawl days).

As for Dixie Kong taking off, I do not think she will reach K. Rool's heights unfortunately, but she is probably going to be a Top 10 character (I think she is already one now), and maybe even a Top 5 if she has a major game release before the next installment. I think the problem for Dixie Kong is that a lot of K. Rool's fans went to Banjo. I imagine the 64 era fans went to Banjo, while the SNES ones are focused more on Dixie Kong.

I do hope my essay at least helps a bit to sell just what an important character Dixie Kong is to her series, Nintendo, and gaming as a whole. For many younger fans (younger than 24) that might have the realization that the biggest Nintendo characters have already been added to Smash Bros., and thus feel they missed out on "fighting" for the actual Nintendo All-Stars, I think Dixie Kong is a precious opportunity for them. She might very well be the most important female Nintendo character in general outside of Samus, Zelda, and Peach.

I think pretty big. She’s seen as one of those very popular Nintendo characters, while not having any actual reasons against her. K. Rool fans will probably now focus their attentions on her, and there are tons of K. Rool fans.
As I said earlier, I think K. Rool's fans have split. For those who grew up DK64, Banjo-Kazooie is seen as "next in line", while among those who mostly grew up and cherished the DKC trilogy Dixie is seen as the next priority. I think Dixie Kong is not seen as urgent because she is not the main sidekick or main villain like Diddy Kong and K. Rool. However, I do not think most Nintendo fans realize just what Dixie Kong's legacy is and the trail she blazed. She is basically the biggest heroine Nintendo has after Samus (Peach and Zelda are mostly just in supporting roles in most of the games in their respective series). In general, she is a very unusual female character as mentioned earlier. Her appeal is not in her sex appeal or "waifu factor" (or a combination of both) like many other female gaming characters, but rather how endearing she is through the actual game play and how fun she is to play as. As one female fan put it, "cute, cool, bad***".

Each online "Smash bubble" community has different characters that they care about more than others. For example, Reddit was always weak territory for Ridley (and it seems pretty weak for Dixie Kong). On sites like SmashBoards, GameFAQs, and ResetEra, Dixie Kong is within the Top 10 most wanted characters overall (on ResetEra, she was even #4 I think, which is just as much an anomaly as Reddit's poll here). I think overall, Dixie Kong is within the Top 10 most wanted characters for Smash Bros. now, but not within the Top 5.

As you mentioned, what happens with Dixie Kong's fanbase growing will depend on whether she continues to make new game appearances.
For those who haven't gotten the Dixie Kong spirit, there's a special DK themed event for the spirit board this weekend that you might be interested in.View attachment 194092

Interesting how Dixie herself is nowhere to be seen in the official promotional image....
I do not think Dixie Kong's absence from that image means anything. Dixie Kong does not even appear on the Spirit Board until after you summon her.

heads up btw: the dixie kong spirit doesnt actually show up on the spirit board unless you've summoned her first (summoning dixie requires a tiny kong and candy kong spirit)
I saw your birthday was yesterday. It might be a little late, but happy birthday.

I think this is most likely Joker's possible female alt. If it is an actual female newcomer, I would say it would probably either be Jill Valentine or Lara Croft (considering the model has a ponytail). As I said before, I am not optimistic that any of the newcomers for the Fighters Pass will be Nintendo characters. I would be absolutely ecstatic if it was somehow Dixie Kong though.

I was just going to come over here and post about the data mine stuff. I've been so detached from the DLC speculation because I got Ridley and have had no hope for Dixie but man now I am all ears!
Same here. That is exactly how I feel. I am not personally invested in DLC, and my attitude now is just curiosity to see who ends up getting selected for the Fighters Pass. I still personally hope Dixie Kong somehow makes it as DLC though.

That being said, "little coincidences pointing to Dixie being in and then she's not in" has been her whole thing since Brawl, lol. The ride never ends.
Dixie Kong has had lots of mirages of hope for Smash Bros. over the years honestly. I remember when the presence of Ice Cave Chant and the lack of any new Tropical Freeze music seemed like signs of hope for Dixie as DLC.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Actually...according to Teeb147 Teeb147 possible evidence points to the ponytail thing actually being one of Joker's costumes, sorry lads.

That being said, old post, but the Playtonic devs still keep the Kongs in mind. https://twitter.com/PlaytonicGames/status/1065621116658614273
Not exactly. Here take a look at this post from WildVine47 at Resetera. This is the latest.

Honestly, I have no idea, but considering it's for c06, which would be a male costume regardless, the only thing I know for certain is this file has no bearing on a female Joker existing.

My best guess if we look at it as a Joker-related file, is that Jane is a codename for Ann, who has big pigtails, and they simply used an animation base for ponytails to animate them. .mhcp is a filetype for creating hair after all, so it's possible there's just not a specific file for pigtails vs. ponytails.

The other possibility, which I find far more interesting, is that we're looking at two different files here that people are interpreting as one. This garbage data just grabs stuff from everything around it after all, so we have no reason to believe these are all related to Joker. After all, there's two filetype extensions in that string, which generally doesn't happen for just one file. If we look at it that way...

Jack6_C06_v01_070925.mb is already one completed filename as is, and .mb is a model file. This would be the model file for Joker's seventh costume, which is still in development considering the v01.
Jane1_pony_hairSystemShape2.mchp, when looked at separately, is a hair-related file for a character with the codename "Jane". This character potentially has a ponytail or similar hairstyle, and this file is a global animation for all of her different costumes considering the lack of a "c0_" within it.

Considering the way in which this information was obtained and the fact that there's two different file extensions in the same string, I think it's actually much more likely that Jane is another DLC character codename entirely. It's only being associated with Joker because this garbage data put it next to a Joker file. I think people should instead be looking at this as a separate file altogether and trying to figure out who "Jane" is independently of Joker.
Keep hope alive.

StormC

Smash Hero
The point of K. Rool fans flocking to Banjo is well-made. I vastly prefer the SNES DKC games to DK64, but Banjo-Kazooie is a top 5 game for me. Both him and Dixie are still my most requested characters, though, all said. If Banjo gets in, I'm curious who will occupy the vacuum he leaves behind.

GillyGrime

Smash Journeyman
Here's a fun idea, what if 'Jane' is a renaming of 'Brave'? Brave's height (Ness' height) is pretty much level with Diddy's and the perceived floatiness of the stats would fit her well.

Tfw you're so desperate for the last Nintendo allstar, you're trying to cram Dixie into a Jane shaped hole.:crying:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
The point of K. Rool fans flocking to Banjo is well-made. I vastly prefer the SNES DKC games to DK64, but Banjo-Kazooie is a top 5 game for me. Both him and Dixie are still my most requested characters, though, all said. If Banjo gets in, I'm curious who will occupy the vacuum he leaves behind.
If Banjo get's in, I could see all the Rare fans flocking to Conker or Dixie to be honest. I think most people will jump on the Conker train though.

StormC

Smash Hero
If Banjo get's in, I could see all the Rare fans flocking to Conker or Dixie to be honest. I think most people will jump on the Conker train though.
Nah. There is virtually no support or interest in Conker. He's from a niche M-rated game that flopped.

SirCamp

Smash Ace
Nah. There is virtually no support or interest in Conker. He's from a niche M-rated game that flopped.
Did it really flop? I've always seen a lot of love for Conker's Bad Fur Day. Been meaning to play it for forever since I wasn't allowed as a kid and then I just never got around to it. And I haven't made a habit of pirating games.

Regardless though, Bad Fur Day was by no means Conker's only game. Pocket Tales is actually the only Conker game I've played, unless you count Diddy Kong Racing. Which is actually how I knew about Bad Fur Day as a kid, because I was hoping for a sequel. But then I couldn't play the next one. Bad Fur Day also had a sequel, so I imagine it didn't flop too hard if it even flopped at all.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Did it really flop? I've always seen a lot of love for Conker's Bad Fur Day. Been meaning to play it for forever since I wasn't allowed as a kid and then I just never got around to it. And I haven't made a habit of pirating games.

Regardless though, Bad Fur Day was by no means Conker's only game. Pocket Tales is actually the only Conker game I've played, unless you count Diddy Kong Racing. Which is actually how I knew about Bad Fur Day as a kid, because I was hoping for a sequel. But then I couldn't play the next one. Bad Fur Day also had a sequel, so I imagine it didn't flop too hard if it even flopped at all.
It never had a sequel, it had a remake. Conker showed up to infamously advertise Project Spark, but that's all he's ever done since.

Top Bottom