• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I enjoy thoroughly reading your posts. Your insight in the Smash community is well worth it especially your Ridley and Dixie essays.
Thank you. I very much appreciate your compliments on my works. I also wrote many support essays for Roy back during the pre-Smash 4 days. As I said before it was a miracle that Roy returned for Smash 4, and that Ridley was even a newcomer for Ultimate.

Whew, I hit 100 followers on the Twitter! Thanks for all of your help! I have to admit though a huge portion of those followers came from the Kremling Kampaigner interacting with me. I'd be sitting at 50 still without them!

Not after I immortalize you on a hit Twitter account, you won't!
Its good that you are gradually building support for Dixie Kong even in this environment where it seems as though nearly every Nintendo character has little chance of happening. Your efforts are admirable.

I will try to give your account some new material to work with in the coming year. However, as I said before, I have lost most of my interest for character support and speculation, and I have mostly just been playing through Ultimate (I am now going through World of Light). I am going to try to make one last Dixie Kong support essay that basically sums up this character's worth, her appeal, and what she brings to Smash Bros. as a whole.

Dixie definitely feels missing in Ultimate, more than any other first party character. I hope she happens eventually. I know we can't do anything but wait, since DLC looks limited...who knows. Maybe someday.
DLC looks to be just third-party characters right now. We have only four more slots to go (and one is heavily rumored to be Square-Enix). I said before, but Dixie Kong making it into Ultimate's roster would be a miracle on par with Roy's return as DLC for Smash 4 and Ridley making it into Ultimate, or perhaps even greater simply due to the present circumstances stacked against her.

In terms of a legacy character (meaning a character who was prominent prior to the 2010's), Dixie Kong is probably the last Nintendo character without a significant role in Ultimate.

Hopefully Dixie is a DLC fighter if we get any first parties. I can't think of anyone who "deserves" the spot more than her at this point.
I hope so too. Ultimate's roster is absolutely phenomenal, and Dixie truly seems like the biggest omission as far as Nintendo characters go.

Toad works better as a part of Peach's moveset. Captain Toad would be great though.
Well, in my opinion, there is also Toad. There are so many characters now that his absence is getting really weird.
Toad is probably the only other legacy Nintendo character aside from Dixie Kong who seems like that they should have been added a long time ago. However, I think with Toad aside from possibly being cursed to be a Peach special forever, he always constantly ran into the same problems:
1. Other Mario characters outclassing him in prominence and requests.
2. Sakurai probably seeing nothing he could do with him that would make him stand out.

I think the best hope for the character may lay with Captain Toad (and/or Toadette). However, at the very least Toad has an expanded role as part of Peach's moveset, and a full Mii costume.

Toad should probably be in (Captain or otherwise) but I don't have a personal attachment to the character whatsoever.

After Dixie, I'd like to see Bandana Dee the most as far as Nintendo characters go.
Bandana Dee is probably the only other Nintendo character from a veteran franchise aside from Dixie Kong whom it seems bizarre why they are not in yet. He does not have the "outprioritizing" or "uninteresting" excuses that might have kept Toad out. However, its possible that Sakurai, as father of the Kirby series, thought that Bandana Dee is a little too "green" for Smash Bros. or might just have a personal inclination to Kirby games he personally worked on (Dream Land, Adventure, Super Star, and Air Ride).

Regardless, I feel the very strong support the character has had from the Japanese fanbase means the character will eventually get in the next Smash Bros. installment, even in a reboot situation.

i think toad would be fun if they gave him stats like in smb2 where he has the fastest run speed and the lowest jump. he'd be like the mario equivalent of a spacie.

damn now i actually want toad in smash
I personally think Toad could definitely contrast himself with the rest of the roster through that alone (as well as incredible strength), but I am not sure if others feel the same.

Never really lost sleep over Toad not being in Smash. I get that he's iconic and all, but he always felt right at home in Peach's (and now Daisy's) moveset and I personally never cared for the character, since I always felt he was the original NPC (something Nintendo seems to think as well, since he was removed from Super Mario Party as a playable character), only being playable in spinoff games or when a 3rd or 4th player is needed, while Dixie Kong has started her role as playable. I wouldn't mind Captain Toad, but I feel like after Piranha Plant, there's enough main universe Mario characters in Smash for now.
You touch on something that I think may have also kept Toad out. The mentality that he is the original NPC. I do think the Mario series does need some sort of mushroom person on the Smash Bros. roster going forward whether its Toad, Captain Toad, or Toadette. I do think Toad's expanded role for Peach's (and Daisy's) moveset was a good compromise for the time being though.

In my opinion, she is the one missing character that deserves to be in Ultimate's roster the most.
This is a sentiment I am seeing more and more of. I think in terms of Nintendo characters, Ultimate is basically 95% complete at this point. Dixie Kong is a character that truly seems like she could have been added to the series ten years ago.

On a side note, does Dixie Kong have a spirit battle in Ultimate? I have not yet encountered her in World of Light, and I played quite a bit of Spirit Board and cleared Classic Mode with every character.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Thank you. I very much appreciate your compliments on my works. I also wrote many support essays for Roy back during the pre-Smash 4 days. As I said before it was a miracle that Roy returned for Smash 4, and that Ridley was even a newcomer for Ultimate.

Its good that you are gradually building support for Dixie Kong even in this environment where it seems as though nearly every Nintendo character has little chance of happening. Your efforts are admirable.

I will try to give your account some new material to work with in the coming year. However, as I said before, I have lost most of my interest for character support and speculation, and I have mostly just been playing through Ultimate (I am now going through World of Light). I am going to try to make one last Dixie Kong support essay that basically sums up this character's worth, her appeal, and what she brings to Smash Bros. as a whole.

DLC looks to be just third-party characters right now. We have only four more slots to go (and one is heavily rumored to be Square-Enix). I said before, but Dixie Kong making it into Ultimate's roster would be a miracle on par with Roy's return as DLC for Smash 4 and Ridley making it into Ultimate, or perhaps even greater simply due to the present circumstances stacked against her.

In terms of a legacy character (meaning a character who was prominent prior to the 2010's), Dixie Kong is probably the last Nintendo character without a significant role in Ultimate.

I hope so too. Ultimate's roster is absolutely phenomenal, and Dixie truly seems like the biggest omission as far as Nintendo characters go.

Toad is probably the only other legacy Nintendo character aside from Dixie Kong who seems like that they should have been added a long time ago. However, I think with Toad aside from possibly being cursed to be a Peach special forever, he always constantly ran into the same problems:
1. Other Mario characters outclassing him in prominence and requests.
2. Sakurai probably seeing nothing he could do with him that would make him stand out.

I think the best hope for the character may lay with Captain Toad (and/or Toadette). However, at the very least Toad has an expanded role as part of Peach's moveset, and a full Mii costume.

Bandana Dee is probably the only other Nintendo character from a veteran franchise aside from Dixie Kong whom it seems bizarre why they are not in yet. He does not have the "outprioritizing" or "uninteresting" excuses that might have kept Toad out. However, its possible that Sakurai, as father of the Kirby series, thought that Bandana Dee is a little too "green" for Smash Bros. or might just have a personal inclination to Kirby games he personally worked on (Dream Land, Adventure, Super Star, and Air Ride).

Regardless, I feel the very strong support the character has had from the Japanese fanbase means the character will eventually get in the next Smash Bros. installment, even in a reboot situation.

I personally think Toad could definitely contrast himself with the rest of the roster through that alone (as well as incredible strength), but I am not sure if others feel the same.

You touch on something that I think may have also kept Toad out. The mentality that he is the original NPC. I do think the Mario series does need some sort of mushroom person on the Smash Bros. roster going forward whether its Toad, Captain Toad, or Toadette. I do think Toad's expanded role for Peach's (and Daisy's) moveset was a good compromise for the time being though.

This is a sentiment I am seeing more and more of. I think in terms of Nintendo characters, Ultimate is basically 95% complete at this point. Dixie Kong is a character that truly seems like she could have been added to the series ten years ago.

On a side note, does Dixie Kong have a spirit battle in Ultimate? I have not yet encountered her in World of Light, and I played quite a bit of Spirit Board and cleared Classic Mode with every character.
Yeah, she has a spirit battle. You just have to find it on the spirit board. Or, you could skip that entirely and summon her from the World of Light mode with summons (I believe she uses Tiny Kong's spirit to summon, and maybe Candy Kong, though not quite sure on that one).

DX_E

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, she has a spirit battle. You just have to find it on the spirit board. Or, you could skip that entirely and summon her from the World of Light mode with summons (I believe she uses Tiny Kong's spirit to summon, and maybe Candy Kong, though not quite sure on that one).
Yup, you can summon her with Tiny and Candy Kong's spirit/core. She only started appearing on the spirit board for me after I summoned her. Her spirit fight's cool. You battle Isabelle who's equipped with the super leaf so she can hover. She has Diddy Kong as a partner and there's a billion bananas scattered on Jungle Japes.

I didn't summon her for a while because I was worried I'd be losing Tiny and Candy forever but the spirits appear on the spirit board straight away after the summoning.

Last edited:

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
Yup, you can summon her with Tiny and Candy Kong's spirit/core. She only started appearing on the spirit board for me after I summoned her. Her spirit fight's cool. You battle Isabelle who's equipped with the super leaf so she has can hover. She has Diddy Kong as a partner and there's a billion bananas scattered on Jungle Japes.
Holy crap that's the characters in my avatar, Diddy and Isabelle were see you in the classic mural artwork too. Kinda sweet in hindsightght since we thanked her for bringing a more peaceful discussion to this thread after her reveal.

Since you weren't here at the time I'll explain, some people thought that Dixie was stuck in a position to be an echo cause it seem that semi clones weren't coming but when Isabelle was revealed as a semi clone of Villager there was more hope for Dixie to get the same treatment. Well we might not have gotten her but it still was very nice that this thread has been more positive ever since Isabelle came which is another reason why I'm grateful for her plus she was my second most wanted after Dixie as well.

DX_E

Smash Apprentice
Holy crap that's the characters in my avatar, Diddy and Isabelle were see you in the classic mural artwork too. Kinda sweet in hindsightght since we thanked her for bringing a more peaceful discussion to this thread after her reveal.

Since you weren't here at the time I'll explain, some people thought that Dixie was stuck in a position to be an echo cause it seem that semi clones weren't coming but when Isabelle was revealed as a semi clone of Villager there was more hope for Dixie to get the same treatment. Well we might not have gotten her but it still was very nice that this thread has been more positive ever since Isabelle came which is another reason why I'm grateful for her plus she was my second most wanted after Dixie as well.
Haha, I remember. I was lurking in the background :dizzy:

I thought they would of gone with Diddy and his Dixie Alt but using Isabelle is sweet. Both blond with a pontytail... and when Isabelle spin jumps, her ears kind of twirl like Dixie. And hey, who knows, maybe Dixie will be a special DLC gift similar to :ultpiranha:. One can dream

Last edited:
Whew, I hit 100 followers on the Twitter! Thanks for all of your help! I have to admit though a huge portion of those followers came from the Kremling Kampaigner interacting with me. I'd be sitting at 50 still without them!

Not after I immortalize you on a hit Twitter account, you won't!
Is there a Facebook presence for Dixie? Like a public support page of sorts?

If so I would like to throw that page a like and follow said page :)

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
Is there a Facebook presence for Dixie? Like a public support page of sorts?

If so I would like to throw that page a like and follow said page :)
Nope, nothing on Facebook as far as I know. I do not think my Twitter page has grown enough to justify expanding to other social media sites. Maybe someday!

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Merry Christmas Dixie Support buddies from the Toad Brigade. Here's Dixie's Christmas gift part of the comic:

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

If you want to read it in full, it's available over on the Captain Toad thread. Dixie gets a few more appearances as she's definitely one of the few Nintendo stars I'd argue desperately needs to be put into Smash at some point!

Rest of the Christmas Comic can be found here! Merry ChriSmash!

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
In the Christmas spirit!

Very nice artwork. Its nice to see Dixie in the Christmas spirit.

On a side note, a small aspect of DKC3 that I particularly liked as a child was an easter egg where the bonus games get "festive" if you enter the file name "Merry".

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Merry Christmas to all Dixie fans here.

Also, after doing some research, I've only seen one other noteworthy DK song addition: the title theme of Mario Vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars.

Very nice artwork. Its nice to see Dixie in the Christmas spirit.

On a side note, a small aspect of DKC3 that I particularly liked as a child was an easter egg where the bonus games get "festive" if you enter the file name "Merry".
I like that it even comes with a song that sounds like Jingle Bell Rock, but not quite.

Crepuscular

Smash Rookie
I know our focus here is on Smash Bros., obviously, but I'd love to push for Dixie to be included in Mario Kart, Mario Party, Mario Tennis, etc. too. Diddy and DK have been in all those games! More Dixie anywhere is a good thing.

I've also been thinking, with Pauline's breakout re-emergence in Odyssey and now her being an upcoming addition to Mario Tennis, she feels like a near-lock for the next Smash Bros. (I think she's out for DLC for this game probably unless it goes on beyond into more waves) ... and technically, Pauline *should* be a DK rep and not a Mario rep given her origin. I don't know if Nintendo would still feel that way though.

It's crazy, given that Dixie had to "compete" with K. Rool for inclusion in this game, and with Cranky and Funky still kind of right there with her, if Pauline jumps them all. Not that I don't love Pauline, I do. I love almost all the DK characters! Maybe one day we'll get a miracle and get multiple reps in a single Smash game cycle :/.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
So as I played more of the classic mode earlier, I was wondering what Dixie's would be about if she was added.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I know our focus here is on Smash Bros., obviously, but I'd love to push for Dixie to be included in Mario Kart, Mario Party, Mario Tennis, etc. too. Diddy and DK have been in all those games! More Dixie anywhere is a good thing.

I've also been thinking, with Pauline's breakout re-emergence in Odyssey and now her being an upcoming addition to Mario Tennis, she feels like a near-lock for the next Smash Bros. (I think she's out for DLC for this game probably unless it goes on beyond into more waves) ... and technically, Pauline *should* be a DK rep and not a Mario rep given her origin. I don't know if Nintendo would still feel that way though.

It's crazy, given that Dixie had to "compete" with K. Rool for inclusion in this game, and with Cranky and Funky still kind of right there with her, if Pauline jumps them all. Not that I don't love Pauline, I do. I love almost all the DK characters! Maybe one day we'll get a miracle and get multiple reps in a single Smash game cycle :/.
I think she can be labelled that way, seeing as we have 75M as a stage and Mario Vs. DK: Tipping Stars' title theme as a song. Plus the fact that she occasionally doesn't appear in New Donk City could make the possibility viable, if they decide to bring in standalone DLC characters. She's guaranteed to show up no matter what happens for this game or the next though. On the other hand, the "Vs. DK" spin-off series is dormant and she progressively starts to consistently show up in Mario games since Odyssey at the moment, so it's just as likely that she's a part of the regular Mario crew now.

And maybe they might throw in Stanley on a whim after everybody else Kong gets in, not that him being considered would ever happen...

Last edited:

DX_E

Smash Apprentice
So as I played more of the classic mode earlier, I was wondering what Dixie's would be about if she was added.
I reckon it should be similar to Diddy Kong's except Dixie is only teamed up with animal characters... like her buddies... animal buddies. Fox, Isabelle, Duck Hunt etc. The stage before the final fight is Diddy and Dixie vs Giant K. Rool to save DK. Then the final fight is DK, Diddy and Dixie Vs Master & Crazy Hand.

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
I bet it would have something to do with notable hair, since attacking with her hair is sort of Dixie's thing. I imagine it going something like:

Round 1: Zero Suit Samus, for the similar long blond ponytail.
Round 2: Ken, Simon, Peach, and Zelda, for their long flowing blond hair.
Round 3: The Male and Female Inklings, for their unique tentacle hair
Round 4: Sonic, since his quills are kinda like hair, and they're certainly an asset to his combative techniques
Round 5: Palutena, since she's got the longest hair of the cast, with a striking green color to boot.
Round 6: Bayonetta of course, for how she weaponizes, wears, and summons demons with her hair.
Final Boss could be Ganon, since he's got a respectable mane (Or it can just be Master Hand like 80% of the darn roster....)

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
@Dixie in Mario spin-offs...yes I agree, and it's something I'd like to aim for in between Smash games. Seeing as people ravenously demand Waluigi and I guess Daisy was also popular, despite those two only appearing in spin-off games, I think getting Dix in Mario Kart et al would do wonders for her popularity. That can and should be one of our goals.

@Pauline talk...yeah, I really wouldn't want yet another Slender Sexy Mario Woman to get into Smash, but it seems inevitable. And I do think she would count as a Mario character.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero

It would do a lot to help Dixie Kong if she showed up as a playable character in the Mario spinoffs. Just look at how much being playable in Mario Kart Wii did for Funky Kong's popularity for example (Mario Kart Wii sold over 30 million copies).

As for Pauline, she would likely be considered a Mario character despite her origins as a DK character. The one music track from the Mario vs. Donkey Kong subseries to be included in Ultimate is under the Super Mario category as well.

Nope, nothing on Facebook as far as I know. I do not think my Twitter page has grown enough to justify expanding to other social media sites. Maybe someday!
I actually want to comment on a specific re-tweet that you did on the Dixie Kong support account:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Dixie Kong has always been, and always will be my ultimate hero. Cool, cute, badass. She made DKC2 all the more special for me.
The person who said this is a woman whose dream was to become a game developer (which she ended up achieving), and Dixie Kong was a character that was an inspiriration for her. Dixie Kong as I mentioned before, stood out as among the few female protagonists in gaming that is not only cute and feminine but also very cool and as mentioned "badass". Dixie Kong was especially prominent at a time when there were very few female protagonists in gaming especially outside of RPGs. For many girls growing up gaming, Dixie Kong was a breath of fresh air, and you know what else, boys liked her too. Dixie Kong did not have sex appeal like many female game characters, she had "Mario appeal". She was a character for everyone.

I also find it amusing that in her praise of Dixie Kong the words "ultimate" and "special" were both used, considering the title of the current Smash Bros. game.

Dixie Kong might very well have been the next breakout female protagonist in gaming after Samus. Both DKC2 and DKC3 were within the Top 10 best selling games for the SNES/Super Famicom. She is not just a Nintendo icon, but arguably one for gaming as a whole.

I am going to be much less active in the Smash Bros. character support and speculation scene in 2019 than I was in 2018, especially with Dixie Kong's prospects as DLC looking very unlikely at this point.

As I said before, one hope I have is to be able to do a write-up for Dixie Kong that the next generation of Smash Bros. and Dixie Kong fans can look to and use for character support for the next Smash Bros. title. Personally, Ultimate has given me nearly everything I ever wanted to see from the Smash Bros. series, so I am gradually going to become more disengaged as DLC continues (for example, from the end of June 2015 to April 2018, I only made two posts on SmashBoards). However, I want to give something that Dixie Kong fans can use to support her for the next game before I leaving the speculation and character support scene entirely or almost entirely.

Another thing I want to do, (to see whether it is even possible to breath life into this thread), is to open up a Dixie Kongtest. Basically, create a bi-monthly or quarterly contest for Dixie Kong supporters. Basically, I would give an eshop card award ($20 or $10) to an individual who presents the best piece of Dixie Kong support (it can be a post or artwork) for the period. Right now I have a $20 eshop card set aside for just this. Dixie Kong might be out of the running for DLC, but we can still show a love and appreciation for this character.

So what should we call Dixie Kongtest #1? Should I set the deadline for either January 31st or February 28? Personally, while we do not have many active supporters in this thread, the few we do have are certainly passionate about her. Heck, I think I might even throw in a runner-up prize (probably a $10 eshop card) if this Dixie Kongtest idea somehow manages to become "popular" (more than five people participating in it).

2019 will show off four additional characters for Smash Bros., and while Dixie Kong most likely will not be one of those four, we can still show our love and appreciation for this character even if she is most likely out of the running for DLC. A year ago I never thought that I would be playing a Smash Bros. game with Ridley, every veteran in the history of the series, Castlevania characters, K. Rool, Dark Samus, and over 100 stages a year later. Who knows what 2019 will bring to the roster.

Regardless, just like many characters before her, Dixie Kong has a long journey ahead of her, and I hope at least at the beginning of this journey I can offer support to this character that is among the few characters not yet part of the roster that is deserving of the moniker "Nintendo All-Star".

A Happy New Year To All The Dixie Kong Supporters In This Thread!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It would do a lot to help Dixie Kong if she showed up as a playable character in the Mario spinoffs. Just look at how much being playable in Mario Kart Wii did for Funky Kong's popularity for example (Mario Kart Wii sold over 30 million copies).

As for Pauline, she would likely be considered a Mario character despite her origins as a DK character. The one music track from the Mario vs. Donkey Kong subseries to be included in Ultimate is under the Super Mario category as well.
Oh good, that's what I wanted to know. Pauline's a Mario gal now!

That said, it would help if they actually bring Kongs beyond DK back into Mario Kart again, though at least Diddy's in MTA...

Justin Little

Smash Ace
I know we will all probably champion Cranky and/or Funky to be the next playable character after Dixie finally gets her due (or just be completely satisfied with Dixie), but I had a fun idea about the next retro character being DKJr and Stanley the Bugman as a buddy duo with Stanley on top of DKJr. like in the recent DKC games. They could not only represent their own games with DKJr.'s expertise in keys, fruits, vines, and math and Stanley's expertise in plants, bees, and blowing smoke, but they could also showcase the recent games with Stanley barrel rolling DKJr. and Stanley using his repellent as an extra jump.

Just a thought.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
TBH after Dixie I would probably request Enguarde, lol. He's one of my favorite DK characters.

But yeah, Dixie in Mario games would truly be awesome. I'm still hoping that Pauline makes it in all future installments (Kart, Party games, etc) because I've been wanting her back for...almost twenty years now, soooo... There's a distinct lack of female characters to play as in most Mario multiplayers game. Peach, Daisy, Toadette, Birdo, Rosalina... That's about it most of the time, and they keep snubbing Birdo most of the time. Having Pauline and Dixie join the roster would be great. If they keep adding Diddy, they should be able to use his basic structure to have an easier time creating Dixie too.

No reason not to go for it. Mario is the most popular franchise ever, so if we could somehow make it happen...

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
I agree that we don't have enough female characters in Mario, but in particular ones who aren't just tall sexy women. Pauline will probably join the spinoff roster from now on, and I do like her, but I wish in this world of talking mushrooms and floating coins that there were more female characters who don't fall under that same visual archetype.

Toadette for Smash.

Last edited:

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
i feel like mario's getting a little bit better about representing some of the non-tallsexy female characters lately. toadette's becoming quite popular, birdo's starting to show up again, and we have pom-pom now. still a lot of room for improvement of course but its a good start.

StormC

Smash Hero
If Dixie got in I'd just be content with the DK representation and probably never ask for anyone else again. If we were so blessed, though, I'd pull for Cranky.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
If Dixie got in I'd just be content with the DK representation and probably never ask for anyone else again. If we were so blessed, though, I'd pull for Cranky.
:ultdk:+:ultdiddy:+:ultkrool:+Dixie=Complete DK representation.

:ultdk:+:ultdiddy:+:ultkrool:+Dixie+Cranky+Funky=Perfect DK representation.

I would love for Cranky and Funky to join the roster someday as well, but I'll be completely satisfied with the DK representation if we ever get Dixie. :)

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I would be fine with just Dixie Kong for this game. No need to turn DK into the next Fire Emblem where the rest of the Smash Community despises us and the characters for Sakurai Bias. Maybe Funky or Tiny in a future game would be fine.
I'm not exactly expecting us to be gorged in DK characters this time either (see my sig), especially since there are other series to focus on in the meantime (never mind inevitable new third parties).

Although Metroid is on its way of becoming the next Fire Emblem anyway (for the JP side at least, since they don't care much for it), depending on when or if Sylux shows up, so this kind of occurrence is inevitable no matter which series gets focused on. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I'm not exactly expecting us to be gorged in DK characters this time either (see my sig), especially since there are other series to focus on in the meantime (never mind inevitable new third parties).

Although Metroid is on its way of becoming the next Fire Emblem anyway (for the JP side at least, since they don't care much for it), depending on when or if Sylux shows up, so this kind of occurrence is inevitable no matter which series gets focused on. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I think DK needs its first female rep way more than Metroid needs a 3rd villain. If Metroid ends up getting a 3rd newcomer while DK only gets one. I'll be pissed to say the least, especially when Ridley and Dark Samus fill that role perfectly as is. I'd rather they just have all 3rd party DLC if that's the case.

I'd say most people were relatively fine with Fire Emblem representation when Robin and Lucina were first revealed for Smash 4. It was only when Roy and Corrin got added that some got a little annoyed.

Last edited:

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
Nah, there's no such thing as "perfect". It could always be better. When we miraculously get Dixie I know I'll still want Funky, Cranky, Lanky, and Chunky. Then once I get them I'll want Tiny, Lord Fredrik, Kiddy, and Swanky. Then once all that happens in the year 99999999, I'll ask for Wrinkly and Professor Chops to round out the cast.

But I promise that'll all be internal and I'll shut up after Dixie.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Nah, there's no such thing as "perfect". It could always be better. When we miraculously get Dixie I know I'll still want Funky, Cranky, Lanky, and Chunky. Then once I get them I'll want Tiny, Lord Fredrik, Kiddy, and Swanky. Then once all that happens in the year 99999999, I'll ask for Wrinkly and Professor Chops to round out the cast.

But I promise that'll all be internal and I'll shut up after Dixie.
A Kritter would be nice as well in the far future since we already have :ultpiranha:.

Edit: Happy new year everybody! :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

A bit of a delay in me realizing I wanted to post this here, but better late than never.

So they already confirmed that every DLC character besides Piranha Plant will bring a stage with them when their challenger packs release. If Dixie Kong were to be one the DLC characters, what stage would come with her?

Now there's a LOT of options for that, but in TheMarioAddict's Stage Creation Thread in General Discussion I put together an idea for what one of those options would be like.

"FRUITY FACTORY"
from Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U/Switch)

The 3rd level of Tropical Freeze’s 5th world. Juicy Jungle. And an apt name for the world if I do say so myself, because this place is filled with fruit, and the snowmads have established a food processing factory for it.

Most of the time when people think of a stage from Tropical Freeze, they usually go with an ice themed level from the games final world. Which makes sense since the game literally has the subtitle “Tropical FREEZE” but there are plenty of amazing non-ice levels in the game so I wanted to take a whack at making one as a Smash Stage idea. And with Fruity Factory being arguably the most unique of them all, I decided on that one.

Apologies about the lack of a proper background. After some tinkering I was able to get most of the stage image created in the way I wanted it. But the background proved to be too tricky. Think of it like this. You’re inside the factory, but there’s a giant door open that shows the background of Reckless Ride outside. That’s the kind of background I tried to aim for. Anyway, on to the actual stage.

The green represents pass-through platforms, and the blue represents solid ground.
For the most part on this stage, what you see is what you get. A simple layout with four platforms in the air and a switch in the middle of them modeled after the face of Lord Fredrik (which by the way, is that character just a result of hacking Fire Emblem Awakening? Frederick can’t reclass into a lord otherwise).

What does this switch do? Well in the source game you pull a lever on it to open certain pathways. Here though you have to attack it in order to activate it. When the one in the middle is attacked, it will randomly pick one of the soft platforms to drop a watermelon onto.

All platforms can have a watermelon on them but no platform can have any more than two of them. But they will remain there once brought in unless they get destroyed. Which can be done easily enough with a few attacks, think of them being twice as strong as the breakable walls in the Classic Mode bonus game, but attacks are the only way to break them, colliding with them does nothing to them and like the main arena, they function as hard platforms.

Once the Lord Frederik switch is activated it will enter a cooldown time where it’s eyes are greyed out, signaling that you’ll have to wait until the eyes glow again to drop another watermelon.

Speaking of which, why are the eyes on the two switches near the edge red instead of blue? Well…………..

Because those switches instead bring up the fruit slicers for 10 seconds. This temporarily seals off the bottom blast zone and the slicers won’t KO you until you’re at a really high percent. We’re talking about the 200% range here. The purpose behind this gimmick is to give you an option for recovering back to the stage if you’re willing to take the extra damage to save your stock. All you have to do is attack the switch.

But like with the blue-eyed switch, there’s a cooldown after one has been used until it can be used again. But both red-eyed switches operate independently from each other. They do not share activation and cooldown times.

How long is the cooldown? At a random point that will never exceed 15 seconds.

While the fruit slicers are up, one last thing could happen.

The fruit that they are designed to slice could fall from the ceiling into the slicers. While still whole, the fruit acts as nothing more than an impassable obstacle. No damage, no bouncing, no nothing. But like in the source game, slices of the fruit will be launched up from the blades to serve as soft platforms. Though they will only remain in the air for a few seconds.

And there you have it! After almost a full year of hosting the stage creation contest, I finally have a stage idea of my own submitted. Hope you all liked it!

Possible DLC Character this stage could come with:

Dixie Kong

DLC music this stage could bring:

Fruity Factory (Will need a remix though): https://youtu.be/zWckr41oNCc

Reckless Ride: https://youtu.be/Vsr15pt7zhM

Frosty Fruits: https://youtu.be/xwMzeLa8rBY

Busted Bayou: https://youtu.be/95HuSMQSUVo

Irate Eight (Chase): https://youtu.be/UHXMsrZ1jcM

Scorch N Torch: https://youtu.be/JFP4wn0dejc

Volcano Dome: https://youtu.be/1Fzu8vA7ncw

Furious Fire: https://youtu.be/7tvSdx3-UxE

Treetop Tumble (Will need a remix though): https://youtu.be/NjmUCbNk65o

Angry Aztec (Will need a remix though: https://youtu.be/Smx_2U6I5_A

Any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
We've talked about that a lot already and it's really, really looking like Dixie won't be in the fighters pass if you watched the Game Awards. To the point where I don't even want to speculate on it because it's just so unlikely. That being said I would like a stage from any game that isn't DKC1 or Returns. DKC2, DKC3, and Tropical Freeze all have incredibly gorgeous setpieces and level themes that would bring a lot to Smash's diversity. An actual bramble stage should absolutely happen.

Top Bottom