• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I always viewed that as Sakurai basically saying "Look we know it's ****ty to sell you guys basically nothing/content before you know what it is. Only give us a free extra $25 now if you're confident we'll actually give you something in the end, at least we aren't EA, 2K, or Capcom so you can trust us."
In other words, do not blind buy, I mean it's obvious that not every character want will necessarily be in that pass, even the more questionable ones.

Spatman

Smash Ace
A CC remix is a bit of a gamble. The song is perfect as is, I wouldn’t want to risk a remix not matching up like Bramble Blast. If it’s good enough though...guess we’ll see.
even if the original Stickerbush Symphony is way better, the brawl remix is still an awesome track and I feel it fits much more the style of smash. I know that what I'm saying will sound blasphemous, but... actually I prefer Stickerbush Symphony Brawl remix for smash games

Spatman

Smash Ace
Plus I don’t think music that is unfitting for battle is a concern when Ice Cave Chant is in.
this reminds me how much I'd love to have In a Snowbound Land in this game (but also Forest Interlude and especially K. Rool returns)

StormC

Smash Hero
this reminds me how much I'd love to have In a Snowbound Land in this game (but also Forest Interlude and especially K. Rool returns)
K. Rool Returns is in the Crocodile Cacophony remix!

Can't believe I just typed that sentence out.

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
Because Dixie can be built off of Diddy (similar to how Isabelle was modelled off of Villager), I think it's highly likely she'll be considered for DLC. To add to this idea, the stage Jungle Hijinxs is currently missing from Ultimate and could potentially be re purposed with the background elements removed and re textured to become: Homecoming Hijinx

HJ.jpg
A character like this requires way less work. We've also noticed a lack of Tropical Freeze tracks in the final game which they could be waiting to use for her inclusion.

Last edited:

Spatman

Smash Ace
the problem with the concept of "it requires way less work" for a dlc is: also people of the street will think that character required way less work, so it's likely they will feel that character's value is inferior, not enough...

so it's a double-edged blade: it would be way easier for the development team and that's good ever and especially for development after launch; at the same time, though, it's less likely she will be dlc because with only 5 dlc they want be assured all people will see all of them as high value products

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
the problem with the concept of "it requires way less work" for a dlc is: also people of the street will think that character required way less work, so it's likely they will feel that character's value is inferior, not enough...

so it's a double-edged blade: it would be way easier for the development team and that's good ever and especially for development after launch; at the same time, though, it's less likely she will be dlc because with only 5 dlc they want be assured all people will see all of them as high value products
I feel like Nintendo will do it, cause it will net them a LOT of profit for relatively less work than a new third party would. Not saying they'd be lazy with Dixie, but clearly it would take less effort lol. Plus a lot of people want Dixie.

Last edited:

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
i just got the list and i think they are no NEW tropical freeze music. only the 2 or 3 one from smash 4 sadly.

1543007336707.png

Last edited:

Vez

Smash Apprentice
DKC2 getting TWO new arrangements gives me life. About time that soundtrack got more love in Smash.

Shame about Tropical Freeze getting completely snubbed though, but I'm hopeful it's a good sign for Dixie. Not even bringing over Homecoming Hijinx/The Snowmad Theme for the inevitable Lord Fredrik spirit fight seems a bit odd to me.

cybersai

Smash Ace
When it rains, it pours. We did it, DK bros, we did it. The history of Kongo Bongo Jungle Japes has been preserved.

The lack of any new Tropical Freeze tracks is kinda suspicious. I don't want to get hopes up, but since we're getting so much classic music remixes you think they'd put new music in that they can just copy/paste from Tropical Freeze and not even have to remix. I wonder.

I hope it bodes well for DLC.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
I can’t believe I’m saying this, but awesome that there are no new TF tracks! Bodes well for dlc!

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Snake Chantey Remix is godlike....
DKC music is so good that we don't need exactly only Tropical Freeze songs to represent Dixie, even with K.Rool stuff and Snake Chantey added, we still have:

LOCKJAW SAGA
Mining Melancholy
Swanky's Swing
Nuts N' Bolts - DKC3
Mill fever - DKC3

And yes, I'm all in with DKTF music too, I just really want Lockjaw Saga in any form

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
I didn't know we had DKC3 music. Sweet!

By the way, the Dixie Twitter has received a great boost from the Kremling Kampaigner, doubling our follower count. It's looking good! Never too late to join them!

And if anyone has any fanart they'd like me to post (even if it's not on the OP) send it right over and I'll share it with the world!

StormC

Smash Hero
Does someone have the whole DK song list or has it not been revealed yet?

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Obviously all the Tropical Freeze and DKC3 remixes will come in Dixie's DLC pack. R-right?

I don't mean to sound ungrateful, though. All these new remixes I'm hearing are making my eyes water.

cybersai

Smash Ace
The lack of Tropical Freeze music is very odd, as I said before they could have just copy/pasted them from Tropical Freeze and didn't have to do new remixes or anything, but we only have the tracks brought over that were in Smash U.

Again I don't want to get my hopes up, we only have 5 DLC slots after all, but it would be nice if we get a DK character in one of those 5. I guess we'll see.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Obviously all the Tropical Freeze and DKC3 remixes will come in Dixie's DLC pack. R-right?

I don't mean to sound ungrateful, though. All these new remixes I'm hearing are making my eyes water.
Yeah. I love the new remixes too. Smash Ultimate's OST in general is easily the best in video game history just for the sheer variety of music.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I really appreciate what they did. If you look around, DK actually made out pretty well this time around.

But then again, it's a weird feeling since I feel like for many of us, a lot of these tracks like Crocodile Cacophony were no-brainers all along. I mean, they're old songs. So we're like just "catching up" with what some other series have. But still, Smash music selection can be pretty weird. So the fact that we get things like Snakey Chantey of all things is pretty cool and I'm happy for that.

I hope Dixie gets us another go at DKC2 music like Forest Interlude, DKC3 GBA Water World, GBA Stilt Village, SNES Cliffs, Tropical Freeze animal savannah stage (I forget the name), Scorch N Torch, and more.

SeashoreWar

Smash Journeyman
Tried out a twitter banner.

Might have to change Appearances to something else cause I was originally just putting games she appears on the covers of on the list. Unless I wanna add more games to it :laugh: Let me know if it looks good! Sabertooth Sabertooth

SuperJumpmon64

Smash Cadet
Man, those remixes of GG and CC are FIYA!!! Also, no new Tropical Freeze music, nor any DKC 3 music? Not getting too hopeful here, but we'll just wait and see.

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
I really appreciate what they did. If you look around, DK actually made out pretty well this time around.

But then again, it's a weird feeling since I feel like for many of us, a lot of these tracks like Crocodile Cacophony were no-brainers all along. I mean, they're old songs. So we're like just "catching up" with what some other series have. But still, Smash music selection can be pretty weird. So the fact that we get things like Snakey Chantey of all things is pretty cool and I'm happy for that.

I hope Dixie gets us another go at DKC2 music like Forest Interlude, DKC3 GBA Water World, GBA Stilt Village, SNES Cliffs, Tropical Freeze animal savannah stage (I forget the name), Scorch N Torch, and more.
The developers have made up for their past mistakes. I can't complain. Now, I'm just curious to see how Metroid's music fares.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The developers have made up for their past mistakes. I can't complain. Now, I'm just curious to see how Metroid's music fares.
Meanwhile, Code Name : STEAM got a remix. That's right, the strategy RPG that flopped hard on the 3DS.

Man, those remixes of GG and CC are FIYA!!! Also, no new Tropical Freeze music, nor any DKC 3 music? Not getting too hopeful here, but we'll just wait and see.
Yeah, even Donkey Kong and DK Jr. got a remix. It's a bit conspicuously odd.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
DK Jr. doesn't get enough love so I'm fine that it got a remix, actually. If possible, it'd be nice if it also got it's own stage, too, though making a stage based on levels where there are more vines than platforms would be understandably difficult.

For DLC, of course, I'd prioritize a Tropical Freeze stage.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
DK Jr. doesn't get enough love so I'm fine that it got a remix, actually. Of possible, it'd be nice if it also got it's own stage, too, though making a stage based on levels where there are more vines than platforms would be understandably difficult.

For DLC, of course, I'd prioritize a Tropical Freeze stage.
Maybe if Stanley ever gets to show up in the series, they could do a mashup of DK Jr. areas and the DK3 Greenhouse.

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
Maybe we'll get some Mario + Rabbids music, which might contain Grant Kirkhope's redone DK Isles theme. It'd be pretty weird for that to be listed with the Mario series, though.

SeashoreWar SeashoreWar , that looks really cool! I'd like to post it, but first I want to know if you're planning on adding the rest of her games to that list (both baseballs, DKRDS, Hoops 3 on 3, etc). If not I'll just go ahead and post it!

Last edited:

SeashoreWar

Smash Journeyman
SeashoreWar SeashoreWar , that looks really cool! I'd like to post it, but first I want to know if you're planning on adding the rest of her games to that list (both baseballs, DKRDS, Hoops 3 on 3, etc). If not I'll just go ahead and post it!
Thanks! I guess it's not a big deal to include the rest since all her major appearances are on there, so I say go ahead and post it!

And maybe you should make the DLC image the profile picture? That way it's two different images of her. But that's totally up to you!

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Now that's what I call golden reptilian cacophony. I'm so flipping glad they finally allowed this one to be remixe--

OH MY GOD, IS THAT SNAKEY CHANTEY.

MMMMMGGHHH. THIS RATTLEYS ME JIMMERS.

Bless this sound team in Ultimate, there's so much goodies to share these days~

I also am noticing they're putting it to be a V.2 of K.Rool's reoccurring leitmotif in Smash-series from here on out. Though I kind of wish we had DKC2's Title Theme in the mix, loved it's ominousness.

When it rains, it pours. We did it, DK bros, we did it. The history of Kongo Bongo Jungle Japes has been preserved.

The lack of any new Tropical Freeze tracks is kinda suspicious. I don't want to get hopes up, but since we're getting so much classic music remixes you think they'd put new music in that they can just copy/paste from Tropical Freeze and not even have to remix. I wonder.

I hope it bodes well for DLC.
Highly interesting indeed Of course it'd be not out of character for Sakurai and his team to just omit Tropical Freeze entirely due concentrating so much on K.Rool in this installment in DKC-side of things. Would be lame since a lot other recent games got new remixes, implying DKC-series just was forced to give an exception in attention due K.Rool's inclusion...

Top Bottom