• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I would buy instantly this. This and DKC1 with the same treatment would be a dream come true
I'd want DKC2 specifically, but if they could release all 3 it'd be awesome.

A feature I'd want, but I know they wouldn't do, is the ability to use all the kongs in any of the games

Want Kiddy and Dixie in DKC1? Done. Want Dixie and Donkey in DKC3? Done. Bam.

Strong DK

Smash Apprentice
I'd want DKC2 specifically, but if they could release all 3 it'd be awesome.

A feature I'd want, but I know they wouldn't do, is the ability to use all the kongs in any of the games

Want Kiddy and Dixie in DKC1? Done. Want Dixie and Donkey in DKC3? Done. Bam.
I would like if it went like this: only after you beat K. Rool and save DK you could access the lost world. And DK would be playable character there and be the one to punch K. Rool into the island's core.
For DKC3 i would like that original plan or something i heard developers had for the game. DK as a playable character and Diddy as a boss. Would have been great that way. Instead of that we got an abomination known as Kiddy...

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I think Dixie by herself for DKC3 would be best. Go all out on Dixie for her starring game. Have Dixie pull things with her hair. Create whirlwinds by spinning it in a particular direction. Become a makeshift rope, allowing her to swing around like spiderman.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Quick question for all. Who do y'all plan to use in Ultimate? For me I'm going with:
Diddy
Ludwig
DK
Rosalina
Yoshi
Luigi
Link
Wario
Mega Man
Duck Hunt
Wolf
King K. Rool

That's basically my Smash 4 lineup + Wolf and K. Rool, which brings my roster of choices to 12. I'm only great with the 1st 3, and the rest are for easier matches.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Quick question for all. Who do y'all plan to use in Ultimate? For me I'm going with:
Diddy
Ludwig
DK
Rosalina
Yoshi
Luigi
Link
Wario
Mega Man
Duck Hunt
Wolf
King K. Rool

That's basically my Smash 4 lineup + Wolf and K. Rool, which brings my roster of choices to 12. I'm only great with the 1st 3, and the rest are for easier matches.
First characters I want to try are my mains from 4, try out all of Snake's changes, and K. Rool. Don't know who I'll ultimately settle with yet.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
:ultkrool::ultwario::ultwolf::ultyoshi::ultinkling::ultisabelle::ultlink::ultlittlemac::ultroy::ultchrom::ultfalco::ultmewtwo::ultfalcon::ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultmario::ultvillager::ultdarksamus::ultdarkpit::ultridley::ultkingdedede::ultike::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultganondorf: :ultduckhunt:

^ These are the characters I'll be rotating through mostly. There's a few others I play occasionally but no one I constantly go back to or WILL constantly go back to like the ones I listed above! If Dixie, Medusa, Bandana Dee, or Captain Toad are added they will be added to that list as well.

Last edited:

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Diddy
Ludwig
DK
Rosalina
Yoshi
Luigi
Link
Wario
Mega Man
Duck Hunt
Wolf
King K. Rool

I'll play everyone for sure. I try out every character extensively in each Smash game to see how far I can develop as them or how much I enjoy their style, then stick to the ones that survive the gauntlet.

I liked playing a ton of characters in Smash 4, with :ultshulk::ultcloud::ultzss::ultdiddy::ultmarth::ultduckhunt::ultfalcon: and :ultcorrin: being some of my favorites. In Brawl, I mainly played :ultwolf::ultyoshi::ultpikachu::ultkirby: and :ultgnw:. In Melee, it was :ultfalco::ultfalcon::ultsheik: and :ultpeach:.

So I will have to play the game before I commit to any choices. All depends on how it develops.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
Diddy
Ludwig
DK
Rosalina
Yoshi
Luigi
Link
Wario
Mega Man
Duck Hunt
Wolf
King K. Rool

I really love using :ultdiddy::ultvillager:

I also plan to use :ultjigglypuff::ultwolf::ultisabelle::ultinkling::ulticeclimbers::ultbowserjr:

On occasion I'll use:ultmario::ultluigi::ultrichter::ultrobin::ultbowser::ultlucario::ultfox::ulttoonlink::ultlucas::ultsnake:

Last edited:

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
Diddy
Ludwig
DK
Rosalina
Yoshi
Luigi
Link
Wario
Mega Man
Duck Hunt
Wolf
King K. Rool

:ultyoshi:

Strong DK

Smash Apprentice
Diddy
Ludwig
DK
Rosalina
Yoshi
Luigi
Link
Wario
Mega Man
Duck Hunt
Wolf
King K. Rool

Primary main: DK
Secondary mains: Luigi, BotW Link, Diddy and King K. Rool
For occasional fun: Young Link, Dr. Mario, Simon Belmont, Snake, Wario, Little Mac, Ryu and Ridley
I play best as DK and Luigi and Link are close to that
I only hope that i can add Dixie to one of my secondaries when the smash is released...

Last edited:

Luigi player

Smash Master
Diddy
Ludwig
DK
Rosalina
Yoshi
Luigi
Link
Wario
Mega Man
Duck Hunt
Wolf
King K. Rool

I'm mostly interested in (or should I say, these are my favorite chars, lol):

:ultdiddy::ultmewtwo::ultluigi::ultdk::ultkrool::ultsonic::ultwario::ultpokemontrainer:

Of course
would join if she's in... (I know that probably goes for all of us, I just wanted to include her icon in my list xD)

Last edited:

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Diddy
Ludwig
DK
Rosalina
Yoshi
Luigi
Link
Wario
Mega Man
Duck Hunt
Wolf
King K. Rool

Competitively, I'm going to try and keep my focus small (probably 5 characters at most, just in case Smashdown and Squad Strike become a regular event in my scene) so I'm not spreading myself too thin. It's a running joke in my Smash circle that I have a new secondary every week. I'm probably going to decide my main 5 from this pool:

Palutena
Zelda
Richter
Roy/Chrom
Young Link
Wolf
Rosalina
Link
Corrin
Mewtwo

Casually, I'm going to have a lot of characters that I play for fun:
King Dedede
Pichu
Yoshi
Ridley
King K. Rool
Dr. Mario
Bowser
Daisy
Lemmy
Ganondorf

Damn; Ultimate has so many characters. I can't wait to experience it all. I have so many favorites on this roster, though it's not 100% perfect for me until I see Dixie on it.

Last edited:

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
Diddy
Ludwig
DK
Rosalina
Yoshi
Luigi
Link
Wario
Mega Man
Duck Hunt
Wolf
King K. Rool

:ultjigglypuff::ultwolf::ultrichter: are my front-runners. I'm gonna try everyone though, I only picked my Smash 4 mains after trying out everyone and deciding that Fox and Luigi were the most fun so who knows who I'll end up playing in this game.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Mine are organized by priority

:ultpalutena: always and forever (Dixie would probably fall in this category as well if she made it)
:ultwolf::ultpokemontrainer: brawl mains that I want to try again
:ultridley::ultkrool::ultinkling::ultdarksamus::ultdaisy::ultrichter: new characters that I'm eager to try and possibly learn as well, particularly Ridley and K. Rool

And then there's the pile of secondaries I've had in past games that I want to revisit at some point:
:ulticeclimbers::ultlucas::ultlucina::ultmewtwo::ultpichu::ultrobin:ultrosalina::ultvillager::ultwiifittrainer::ultzelda:

Takasmash

Smash Ace
I got Daisy in smash she was my number 1 character I want to be a fighter in smash and my new number character is Dixie Kong.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
So much variety in choices here! This is honestly great, since Smashdown was announced I knew a lot of players would be forced to switch characters constantly, but after seeing our intended rosters it looks like we don't need to worry. Plus, we'll be trying out a healthy amount of characters too, which will CERTAINLY go a long way in appreciating this game.

Oh, BTW the Echo Consensus thread is fully functional in regards to Diddy, so feel free to leave your thoughts and votes.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
You guys should vote for there is no viable echo for this character, otherwise you split the votes. This is the option we want to win.

Last edited:

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
I just wish they'd hurry up and show all of Diddy's alternate colours already. It's pretty much the fastest way to confirm the character.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
I just wish they'd hurry up and show all of Diddy's alternate colours already. It's pretty much the fastest way to confirm the character.
I disagree, Fox still has a Wolf costume so Dixie could still be in with the Pink Diddy costume. Also no one assumes Shadow isn't going to get in despite that Sonic has a black alt costume. Pink Diddy doesn't really look too much like Dixie anyway since they have different shades of pink and fur color. Not to mention Dixie's ponytail really stands out.

Last edited:

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
I disagree, Fox still has a Wolf costume so Dixie could still be in with the Pink Diddy costume. Also no one assumes Shadow isn't going to get in despite that Sonic has a black alt costume. Pink Diddy doesn't really look too much like Dixie anyway since they have different shades of pink and fur color. Not to mention Dixie's ponytail really stands out.

Yeah, but if we see that Diddy no longer has the alternate colour, it's instant confirmation she's in. That's the point I'm making.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Hadn't been here for a while due personal stuff - gladly info drought seems to imply I haven't missed out from much.

Diddy
Ludwig
DK
Rosalina
Yoshi
Luigi
Link
Wario
Mega Man
Duck Hunt
Wolf
King K. Rool

You can see all chars I'd like to play in my signature, going from my most preferred ones to least (+ characters are assorted, since they have no proper icon.)

Here's how I perceive them for now:

Mains: :ultzelda::ultroy::ultrichter:*:ultyounglink:* :ultpokemontrainer:( :squirtle:)

Reconsidering::ultpeach:

*The ones I "hope to main": reasoning being that I tend to also have effective characters to play as, depending on perceived potential and tier listing.

______

Secondaries: :ultlucas::ultmewtwo::4lemmy::ultrobin::ultrob::ultpacman:

Considering::ultike::ultisabelle::ultgreninja:

_______

Pockets: :ultinkling:
:ultdiddy::ultdoc::ultduckhunt::ultkirby::ultpit:*:ultpalutena::ultmegaman:

Interested on::ultkrool:

*: Being given new tools or buffs could make these rise little higher to secondary, or even mains.

______

Counterpicks::ultchrom::ultdaisy:

(Chrom might rotate with Roy depending on matchups, I have no idea what Daisy's having so far due lck of info on differencs with her and Peach.)

Wildcards: :ultpichu:

(Wildcards are characters I hope to get good at that might be overlooked by the community to net in easy wins due lack of matchup knowledge.)

Dixie would most likely fly into mains, and/or perhaps share the Secondary Teamup with Isabelle. But it depends how well she gets to feel different from Diddy Kong, if she makes it as a Semi-Clone.
Still, I hope to huddle her up with Richter and Zelda (ALLTP) due being my favorite characters/protags affiliated with SNES-console (though Richter also has more close roots to Turbografx 16, which I remember having certain more obscure VG protagonists I hope to see making a comeback. Zelda is little interesting case to explain, so just check this post I made. )

Speaking which, Squad Strike really has me want to explore various "teams" to make from these characters, so I can cover for each of their weaknesses and other things. Besides t's gonna be really fun to associate certain characters I like together as strong trios or more.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
It's nearly November and still no Dixie confirmed for Smash. Why live.
The info on Ultimate's been quite lacking indeed lately - and it's crunching on everyone every week at a time. Got to hang in there ya'll, and hope for best to everyone else as well.

I've been playing Spyro 2 towards the remake among other things to spend the time. On that end, probably wondering if to do a playthrough on DKC2 + 3, and then Tropical Freeze later for ya'll. I'd wanna do bit of a series revisit before hitting on the current big guy in the Switch's port library.

Last edited:

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
Ok so far we have a good lead in the Echo thread. Things are going smoothly.
I was thinking would it be a good idea to call in some others like to share their thoughts on the echo poll?
I know some users like Ultinarok Ultinarok , MoonlitIllusion MoonlitIllusion pepiux pepiux explained why the echo treatment would be bad. I just want to make sure the "no valuable option" wins cause it seems to take a while before they get to the next character.

Last edited:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I was thinking would it be a good idea to call in some others like to share their thoughts on the echo poll?
I know some users like Ultinarok Ultinarok , MoonlitIllusion MoonlitIllusion pepiux pepiux explained why the echo treatment would be bad. I just want to make sure the "no valuable option" wins cause it seems to take a while before they get to the next character.
I reached out to a good amount of people beforehand, so no worries!

Thanks for tagging moonlit as well, I hadn't messaged him.

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Not sure if this has been posted in here yet but...

I suggest voting in the poll and letting your voices be heard. Most of the comments seem to think Dixie is deserving/likely as a semi-clone. Only a few comments I've seen that are negative towards Dixie's inclusion.

Gobliiin

Smash Apprentice
That video was great and has really made me want Dixie even more now, I'm definitely in the unique/semi clone or nothing camp now as in my eyes an echo wont be up to scratch for her. Especially with how much love they gave K. Rool

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Diddy
Ludwig
DK
Rosalina
Yoshi
Luigi
Link
Wario
Mega Man
Duck Hunt
Wolf
King K. Rool

Primary character: Diddy
Solid secondaries: DK, Ike, Mewtwo, Ness
Can't wait to try out: King K.Rool
Hold my interesst but need to play first: Link, Young Link, Toon Link, Pikachu, Samus, Marth, Lucina, Sheik* (Sheik only cause I really anticipate Impa as her Echo)
Definitely a solid secondary if they make it: Dixie, Impa, Isaac

Also, it's page 99, how are we all feeling about Dixie's chances?

hustler713

Smash Apprentice
Diddy
Ludwig
DK
Rosalina
Yoshi
Luigi
Link
Wario
Mega Man
Duck Hunt
Wolf
King K. Rool

Marth and Wolf as always. Probably Cloud as well.

IF Isaac gets in I'll be switching of to him. Maybe even solo main him. I wouldn't even care if he's good or not.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Diddy
Ludwig
DK
Rosalina
Yoshi
Luigi
Link
Wario
Mega Man
Duck Hunt
Wolf
King K. Rool

:ultwario::ultdoc::ultisabelle::ultyounglink:

Top Bottom