• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

cybersai

Smash Ace
Sakurai said the roster was decided December 2015. No recent Switch characters will get in it for this reason. Hell this may also be why Captain Toad didn't get in despite his game coming in 2014 on Wii-U.

All the pics so far are fan favorite requested characters. Inklings and a new Pokemon seem to be the only modern characters to get in.

Vez

Smash Apprentice
I think Dixie probably did well in the ballot, like somewhere in the top twenty or something and the most requested female character aside from Shantae, but top five or ten seems incredibly optimistic. Characters like Snake, Ridley, K. Rool, Banjo, Wolf, Ice Climbers and Shovel Knight for sure got loads of votes.

cybersai

Smash Ace
I think Dixie probably did well in the ballot, like somewhere in the top twenty or something and the most requested female character aside from Shantae, but top five or ten seems incredibly optimistic. Characters like Snake, Ridley, K. Rool, Banjo, Wolf, Ice Climbers and Shovel Knight for sure got loads of votes.
It's the process of elimination. Ridley and K. Rool were likely at the top, and they got in. Inklings probably too. All cut characters were being added back anyway, so Snake, Ice Climbers, etc. wouldn't interfere.

Characters that are third party likely all competed with each other since there's a limited slot for third party reps, and Banjo Kazooie is probably still off the table as far as we know.

I also gather the reason Krystal finally became an Assist is the ballot. My guess is Dixie did better than everyone except Ridley/K.Rool/Inklings and maybe Geno and Bandana Dee. She definitely had to be up there.

pepiux

Smash Apprentice
It's the process of elimination. Ridley and K. Rool were likely at the top, and they got in. Inklings probably too. All cut characters were being added back anyway, so Snake, Ice Climbers, etc. wouldn't interfere.

Characters that are third party likely all competed with each other since there's a limited slot for third party reps, and Banjo Kazooie is probably still off the table as far as we know.

I also gather the reason Krystal finally became an Assist is the ballot. My guess is Dixie did better than everyone except Ridley/K.Rool/Inklings and maybe Geno and Bandana Dee. She definitely had to be up there.
I agree with this. She HAS to be up there in popularity, and with all the content crammed here and pretty much every popular choice getting in in some way or form (playable/Echo, AT, background character, etc.), Dixie MUST be acknowledged; she simply cannot be MIA again in this game. I'm hopeful she'll playable and would be about time. I've been wanting her in since Brawl.

Last edited:

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
I agree with this. She HAS to be up there in popularity, and with all the content crammed here and pretty much every popular choice getting in in some way or form (playable/Echo, AT, background character, etc.), Dixie MUST be acknowledged; she simply cannot be MIA again in this game. I'm hopeful she'll playable and would be about time. I've been wanting her in since Brawl.
Chances are, she is up there. It just sucks that we can't really ever know for sure. But in the end, I think she'll make it. I think she'll be revealed alongside some other characters when they announce the secret game mode, which will probably be some sort of enhanced Adventure/Boss Rush/Smash Run mode that will be used to unlock allied characters from different universes like Dixie, BWD and the Xenoblade rep, who will aid you in battle if you use certain characters or something. Would be pretty cool.

Having analyzed the newest direct, is there ANY content from TF verified in the game yet? I have yet to see any...

pepiux

Smash Apprentice
Having analyzed the newest direct, is there ANY content from TF verified in the game yet? I have yet to see any...
I'm afraid there is nothing yet. It's really odd, considering its success and how fresh it was around the time Smash 4 was released, the ballot and the date the roster was decided. Hopefully it's a good sign.

Last edited:

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
I'm afraid there is nothing yet. It's really odd, considering its success and how fresh it was around the time Smash 4 was released, the ballot and the date the roster was decided. Hopefully it's a good sign.
I’m glad they went with klaptrap as the AT rather than the newer enemies, as it furthers the point that this is a fanservice game, which definitely helps Dixie’s chances.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
I’m glad they went with klaptrap as the AT rather than the newer enemies, as it furthers the point that this is a fanservice game, which definitely helps Dixie’s chances.
I guess when you think of it that way, Dixie's chances are helped regardless.

If he focuses on the old games for fanservice, it helps her because she's fan demanded and is a major part of the old games.

If he pays any special attention to TF in a later direct, it helps her because part of TF's appeal is that Dixie returned for it after not headlining a DKC game in several years.

So really, its basically just a matter of how much DK love Sakurai wants to give out this time around, rather than where we directs that love. Because no matter where he directs it, Dixie is a front runner.

Now part of me feels like they'll slip TF content into a later direct since it's gone totally under the radar (despite being released twice since Smash 4) and that they'll throw Dixie in with it.

All of this makes the decision to separate a reveal from K Rool make a lot of sense. He gave us DK nostalgia first, then modern DK second. Rool would've made no sense during any TF discussion because it has nothing to do with him. Perhaps that's why we saw his return on Wednesday.

D

Deleted member

I came to say that I changed my mind somewhat about Dixie Kong, and I think she's veeeeery likely to get in as an echo of Diddy Kong.

Since Chrom's up special is basically an altered version of Ike's and not Roy's, Dixie Kong could still be based on Diddy but perhaps borrow Donkey Kong's up special since she needs to have her hair twirl attack or it's a no-go. I mean arguably Spinning Kong was originally based on Dixie Kong's hair twirl anyway. So now that Sakurai has shown that that's possible, I don't see any reason why she wouldn't be added.

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
Gamescom and Tokyo game show are the next big events that'll hopefully debut a new build of the game that will feature K. Rool and Diddy. If Diddy's playable, we can hopefully gather more evidence of her inclusion.

cybersai

Smash Ace
I'm just glad Dixie was never an Assist trophy, even back in Brawl or Smash U. Many Assist trophy chaarcters seem stuck in "Assist trophy hell" as I like to call them.

Dixie could have been an Assist in the previous two games but wasn't, so here's hoping that's a good sign.

SeashoreWar

Smash Journeyman
We don't even have the Returns stage yet. A Gamexplain video said we might not get that one cause of the new stage morph option. So I feel like we have to get a Tropical Freeze stage.

Last edited:

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
It would be awkward if they missed adding a tropical freeze stage to tie in with Dixie, or at least give a snowmad an assist trophy spot. If they did anything in smash regarding that game, it would almost be guaranteed to be part of a Dixie reveal trailer.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
It would be awkward if they missed adding a tropical freeze stage to tie in with Dixie, or at least give a snowmad an assist trophy spot. If they did anything in smash regarding that game, it would almost be guaranteed to be part of a Dixie reveal trailer.
Perhaps. At least it was time for us to get our first DK Assist Trophy in general.
Still, this one was fully K. Rool's time to shine with a badass return, hence Klaptrap being chosen.

Vez

Smash Apprentice
I'm just glad Dixie was never an Assist trophy, even back in Brawl or Smash U. Many Assist trophy chaarcters seem stuck in "Assist trophy hell" as I like to call them.

Dixie could have been an Assist in the previous two games but wasn't, so here's hoping that's a good sign.
Originally I was a bit bummed she had nothing in For aside from a regular trophy, but I actually think the fact Dixie wasn't an AT would have helped her in the ballot. A lot of people thought it was purely for DLC. Waluigi and Ashley probably got hit hard by this and it might be why they're still ATs in this game.

D

Deleted member

Originally I was a bit bummed she had nothing in For aside from a regular trophy, but I actually think the fact Dixie wasn't an AT would have helped her in the ballot. A lot of people thought it was purely for DLC. Waluigi and Ashley probably got hit hard by this and it might be why they're still ATs in this game.
That's a good point actually, and kinda funny. From a certain point of view.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think Dark Samus may have only escaped as she was easily Echo'd.

Still, if there's a new ballot, we'll know this time.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Considering all the first party stages we have are based on recent games I think a tropical freeze stage is bound to happen and if Dixie really is in it'd obviously make sense to reveal it alongside her and have it be her background on the site. It makes sense they'd cut the returns stage in that case, corneria was reworked to resemble Zero, pyroshere and wooly world are also missing so they could be replaced with samus returns and the new yoshi game based stages. Tropical Freeze is a massive title on both the wii u and switch, it's kind of hard to just ignore

GravelerChamp60

Smash Apprentice
From my own memory I can recall that Dixie was definitely a highly requested character during the Smash ballot based on Internet polls and forums. Dixie for the most part trailed behind K. Rool, but there were times where they would only be just a few spots behind each other. And I always say this, when it comes to K. Rool and Dixie I think it is amazing how highly requested both are yet they don't end up destroying each other's chances unlike the Mario series for example where they had so much fierce competition between Geno, Paper Mario, Waluigi, Capt. Toad, Daisy and the rest of the minor characters that had some sort of following.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
^Also the fact that Donkey Kong has been underrepresented since forever and only has a few logical choices that really make sense as strong all-star choices. Some argue for Funky and Cranky, but I really don't see them in the same light as Dixie. Especially since during the contemporary era that many consider to be Donkey Kong's golden age, Funky and Cranky were strictly support characters while Donkey, Diddy and Dixie all led their very own campaigns as the main protagonist. K. Rool is of course the no-brainer since he's the series villain, so there's that as well.

This low number of candidates leads to a lot of dual-support people who would like to see both K. Rool and Dixie. I noticed that as a King K. Rool supporter, there were of course many who either wanted Dixie or K. Rool in the game over the other, but almost nobody had an issue with the other being added if asked. As opposed to Mario where quite a bit of supporters for one candidate detest the others.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
^Also the fact that Donkey Kong has been underrepresented since forever and only has a few logical choices that really make sense as strong all-star choices. Some argue for Funky and Cranky, but I really don't see them in the same light as Dixie. Especially since during the contemporary era that many consider to be Donkey Kong's golden age, Funky and Cranky were strictly support characters while Donkey, Diddy and Dixie all led their very own campaigns as the main protagonist. K. Rool is of course the no-brainer since he's the series villain, so there's that as well.

This low number of candidates leads to a lot of dual-support people who would like to see both K. Rool and Dixie. I noticed that as a King K. Rool supporter, there were of course many who either wanted Dixie or K. Rool in the game over the other, but almost nobody had an issue with the other being added if asked. As opposed to Mario where quite a bit of supporters for one candidate detest the others.
Yea, now that you mention it I remember some hostility from Toad and Bowser Jr during post Brawl, and a lot of fans of the Mario options didn't seem to overlap iirc. Those were some big flamewars, it didn't necessarily make Dixie v K. Rool look tame but they seemed to be on much larger scales.

Anyway, for a potential reveal trailer I think Nuts and Bolts (not talking about Banjo Kazooie) would also make a nice remix. I mostly like David Wise's tracks more but I think Evelyn Fischer's Nuts and Bolts track is better.

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
From my own memory I can recall that Dixie was definitely a highly requested character during the Smash ballot based on Internet polls and forums. Dixie for the most part trailed behind K. Rool, but there were times where they would only be just a few spots behind each other. And I always say this, when it comes to K. Rool and Dixie I think it is amazing how highly requested both are yet they don't end up destroying each other's chances unlike the Mario series for example where they had so much fierce competition between Geno, Paper Mario, Waluigi, Capt. Toad, Daisy and the rest of the minor characters that had some sort of following.
I feel mostly every character that got a Smashified render done of them were overall popular picks during the ballot.

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
I was definitely worried after the direct, but this makes a lot of sense. If she's completely unique, which is the best option, she would probably get her own trailer. If she was an echo, I think she definitely would've been shown off here.

I guess not all hope is lost!
Not Necessarily; Dark Samus showed up on her own instead of showing up in the Ridley trailer, so I think it's possible that we see her later on.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I feel mostly every character that got a Smashified render done of them were overall popular picks during the ballot.
Considering that Ridley and K Rool are in while Bomberman, Shovel Knight, and Krystal are assist trophies, you're not exactly wrong

Last edited:

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
Big ouch! Happy to see us keeping the hope alive over here on this end! Twitter not so much... but everything is still up in the air so yeah.

20180810_230112.png

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Big ouch! Happy to see us keeping the hope alive over here on this end! Twitter not so much... but everything is still up in the air so yeah.

View attachment 156996
The only reason people think this way is because K. Rool got in, so now people assume there won't be a second DK character... Metroid just got 2 new characters and Fire emblem got another character... I'm sure DK will get Dixie.

Dixie was popular on the ballot she was usually in the top 10 on most vote recording lists. She was higher than Daisy and Chrom most of the time and they both got in. I'm very confident Dixie is getting in. Especially because lack or DK content was always a complaint and it certainly looks like Sakurai is addressing that criticism. Dixie is very popular I can't see him ignoring her, she didn't show up as an AT which is great. I think we will get her shown off in the next direct..

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
The only reason people think this way is because K. Rool got in, so now people assume there won't be a second DK character... Metroid just got 2 new characters and Fire emblem got another character... I'm sure DK will get Dixie.

Dixie was popular on the ballot she was usually in the top 10 on most vote recording lists. She was higher than Daisy and Chrom most of the time and they both got in. I'm very confident Dixie is getting in. Especially because lack or DK content was always a complaint and it certainly looks like Sakurai is addressing that criticism. Dixie is very popular I can't see him ignoring her, she didn't show up as an AT which is great. I think we will get her shown off in the next direct..
I don't think they'd show off 2 dk characters right after another, I'm hopeful dixie is coming but I don't think she'd be next. I've got a gut feeling about Bandana Dee being next tbh.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
With K. Rool making it in, people seem to be content. Would people dislike the idea of a 2nd DK newcomer?.
It is curious how Metroid was on a similar case.
From 2 reps. They got a big requested character. And on top of it, a desired echo fighter. Making it to the total of 4 characters all of a sudden.
Still not seeing anyone saying "Too much Metroid" and I don't think anyone would say "Too much DK". So I think reason at least is on Dixie's side.

Ghostwolf35

Smash Cadet

View attachment 156996
Personally, I don't think Dixie will get in either, but she some things going for her. She's not the most popular, but still has a pretty good sized fanbase, and she also has been an important character in Nintendo history. She also has the same body-type as Diddy, so even if she wasn't an echo, she'd be easier to develop. She definitely deserves a spot, but I just can't get my hopes up just to be let down again.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
With K. Rool making it in, people seem to be content. Would people dislike the idea of a 2nd DK newcomer?.
From 2 reps. They got a big requested character. And on top of it, a desired echo fighter. Making it to the total of 4 characters all of a sudden.
Still not seeing anyone saying "Too much Metroid" and I don't think anyone would say "Too much DK". So I think reason at least is on Dixie's side.
Mario got 2 whole unique newcomers in smash 4 and no one was really complaining, I don't think people will be upset when it was generally believed that DK was severely underrepresented

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
- NO Dixie Assist Trophy ++
- Dixie Kong Popularity ++
- Echo samus 2nd metroid rep possible ++
- Echo mix ( Chrom) Using DK UP B ++
- Dixie Kong = same body Diddy ++
- Dixie Kong revelant ++
- Sakurai once wanted DIXIE in brawl ++
- LESS Dk Stage = smaybe 1 more Dk stage to show. ++

I still think that we will get Dixie Kong.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Pretty much everyone, even non-DK fans, were saying if any franchise deserved two characters this go around, it was DK.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
So some food for thought that I had when I read all the views up to this point about on the Dixie's overall "absence" in K.Rool's reveal trailer. Might get bit long too, but I believe this might be pretty substantial to what we might receive about Dixie in the future.

To begin, I personally am hypothesizing that by most likely case, we won't be getting Dixie revealed in a way we expect through being continuation of K.Rool's trailer incase she's an Echo.

So far, all the Echoes were revealed via dropping them right off the bat in our faces during the presentations. The only exception to this was Richter, but that was again due being part of Simon's trailer overall.

However, K.Rool's trailer ended up not featuring Dixie in any form, so the "boat" for that has passed for her (I really wanted to say "ship", but it doesn't really work figuratively).

I'm presuming there's two outcomes that could come later regarding how we might see Dixie later.

The more likely outcome would be that we see Dixie's revealed in a later Direct as an echo, coming in from another "wave" of announcements featuring that Direct's Echo Fighters (much like Chrom & Dark Samus).

This by the way, won't feature a "continuation" to where we left off from K.Rool's trailer, as Echoes don't get such extrensive reveals, but instead are just dropped right on our faces to be shown. I presume they reveal her on SSBU's hypothetical Tropical Freeze-stage to tie in with Dixie's recent adventure in that game.

The conclusion we could then come from why she ended up an Echo despite her enduring popularity and demand from Smash-community would be that K.Rool' was just higher priority and asked for more resources due being such an unique character, so Dixie would have had to put away to a shelf some while as a considerable candidate to the roster by her own whole uniqueness, and then been casted as an Echo after dev time seemed to be plentiful enough to make some clones.

By this logic, I feel like she should have been featured in K.Rool's trailer - the only reason why she wasn't would have been to showcase her in the Tropical Freeze-stage.

Now to the other hypothesis I've made up out of what we have received so far, and what it might be in store for Dixie, incase she'd be unique. I'm thinking people will raise eyebrows at this, but just bear with me on this.

If the fact that we didn't see Dixie back in K.Rool's trailer is because she's still being worked on as a semi-clone in vein of Lucas/Wolf, I think a trailer to justify all that would feel teensy underwhelming, unless she has lots to offer despite using the same mold as Diddy Kong. See the Echo-part above.

Another thing to note is that the trailers for newcomers have all used crossover theme throughout them via featuring other Smashers, as per what we had also in Smash 4's ensemble of newcomer trailers.

So if Dixie were to get her own trailer, it'd have to have her go against not only K.Rool, but also some other villains that might be with him.

Now I don't want to say she can't take on them all together, but if I were Sakurai, I think her being another take on Diddy with hair mainly on the center would feel tad like waste of resources better used to showcase another character with more unique features to sell them at Smash's overall crowd.

In fact, if she seems more or less another spin on Diddy (harhar), what could make her unique features be even more accentuated and complemented with?

The answer is to all of this is...

Now hear me out. I know this would make Dixie not be featured on her own end and I don't try to imply she can't be unique enough to stand on her own but at the same time, I think Dixie being tagged with Kiddy Kong would be more interesting to Sakurai, as that not only allows for something unique to be made out of her as a playstyle, but also lets her more unique aspects to flourish even more, being able to pull stuff from recent DK-games, such as Returns + Tropical Freeze.

Starting in DKC2 and 3, you had "Team-Up"-ability, which allowed you to carry your teammate and throw them to reach unreachable places both above and below - or you could just lob them at your enemies to defeat them.

This became kind of the main component behind the Kong Barrel-system we saw in Returns, where upon getting it DK could be able to hover via Diddy's rocket barrel - and allow continuous rolling if you kept shaking the Wiimote (or held the button on the 3DS-port):

So what I am trying to suggest could be in the works is that Sakurai would have gone to revisit the tag team concept that he tried to implement with Diddy and Dixie in Brawl, except with Kiddy Kong this time. This would allow Dixie to use her ponytail not only for attacks, but also lob Kiddy at enemies, or even set him for a roll as we saw in DKCR, among other ideas for tag team attacks.

Speaking which, that bit about how DKCR had continuous rolling?

It actually is from DKC3.

So it all adds up.

Imagine if in her reveal trailer, Dixie goes against K.Rool and some villains along him. She then whistles for a call, and suddenly out of nowhere comes a toddler chimp that's almost her size. The villains laugh at this, but then Dixie hauls Kiddy up with her ponytail, and throws him at them. After that, Kiddy might rebound back to Dixie, who then might try her best to carry in the air (like her Helicopter Twirl from Tropical Freeze), and use that to set up for B-Rolling Attack, and proceeds bowl over rest of the villains, until freeing DK and Diddy (incase they were shown imprisoned in cages in the trailer.)

Now I guess the things that would be ending up open here would be if Kiddy's overall implementation - would he be like Luma/Nana, or could you actually play as him? If he'd be also controllable, I can see him be (fittingly) portrayed as mini-sized echo of DK, and you could play as him via switching (giving you basically two characters to play as via former Zelda/Sheik).

Anyway, that's my thoughts on this matter. What do you all think of this? I really try to not invalidate Dixie's uniqueness here, but again, I'm just pinning down what might go down with her as of late, and with the Echo Factor playing so strong, I'm feeling less confident that we might be getting her as uniquely as she could be.

Last edited:

Ghostwolf35

Smash Cadet
So some food for thought that I had when I read all the views up to this point about on the Dixie's overall "absence" in K.Rool's reveal trailer. Might get bit long too, but I believe this might be pretty substantial to what we might receive about Dixie in the future.

To begin, I personally am hypothesizing that by most likely case, we won't be getting Dixie revealed in a way we expect through being continuation of K.Rool's trailer incase she's an Echo.

So far, all the Echoes were revealed via dropping them right off the bat in our faces during the presentations. The only exception to this was Richter, but that was again due being part of Simon's trailer overall.

However, K.Rool's trailer ended up not featuring Dixie in any form, so the "boat" for that has passed for her (I really wanted to say "ship", but it doesn't really work figuratively).

I'm presuming there's two outcomes that could come later regarding how we might see Dixie later.

The more likely outcome would be that we see Dixie's revealed in a later Direct as an echo, coming in from another "wave" of announcements featuring that Direct's Echo Fighters (much like Chrom & Dark Samus).

This by the way, won't feature a "continuation" to where we left off from K.Rool's trailer, as Echoes don't get such extrensive reveals, but instead are just dropped right on our faces to be shown. I presume they reveal her on SSBU's hypothetical Tropical Freeze-stage to tie in with Dixie's recent adventure in that game.

The conclusion we could then come from why she ended up an Echo despite her enduring popularity and demand from Smash-community would be that K.Rool' was just higher priority and asked for more resources due being such an unique character, so Dixie would have had to put away to a shelf some while as a considerable candidate to the roster by her own whole uniqueness, and then been casted as an Echo after dev time seemed to be plentiful enough to make some clones.

By this logic, I feel like she should have been featured in K.Rool's trailer - the only reason why she wasn't would have been to showcase her in the Tropical Freeze-stage.

Now to the other hypothesis I've made up out of what we have received so far, and what it might be in store for Dixie, incase she'd be unique. I'm thinking people will raise eyebrows at this, but just bear with me on this.

If the fact that we didn't see Dixie back in K.Rool's trailer is because she's still being worked on as a semi-clone in vein of Lucas/Wolf, I think a trailer to justify all that would feel teensy underwhelming, unless she has lots to offer despite using the same mold as Diddy Kong. See the Echo-part above.

Another thing to note is that the trailers for newcomers have all used crossover theme throughout them via featuring other Smashers, as per what we had also in Smash 4's ensemble of newcomer trailers.

So if Dixie were to get her own trailer, it'd have to have her go against not only K.Rool, but also some other villains that might be with him.

Now I don't want to say she can't take on them all together, but if I were Sakurai, I think her being another take on Diddy with hair mainly on the center would feel tad like waste of resources better used to showcase another character with more unique features to sell them at Smash's overall crowd.

In fact, if she seems more or less another spin on Diddy (harhar), what could make her unique features be even more accentuated and complemented with?

The answer is to all of this is...

Now hear me out. I know this would make Dixie not be featured on her own end, but at the same time, I think Dixie being tagged with Kiddy Kong would actually allow her more unique aspects to flourish even more, even pulling stuff from recent DK-games, such as Returns + Tropical Freeze.

Starting in DKC2 and 3, you had "Team-Up"-ability, which allowed you to carry your teammate and throw them to reach unreachable places both above and below - or you could just lob them at your enemies to defeat them.

This became kind of the main component behind the Kong Barrel-system we saw in Returns, where upon getting it DK could be able to hover via Diddy's rocket barrel - and allow continuous rolling if you kept shaking the Wiimote (or held the button on the 3DS-port):

So what I am trying to suggest could be in the works is that Sakurai would have gone to revisit the tag team concept that he tried to implement with Diddy and Dixie in Brawl, except with Kiddy Kong this time. This would allow Dixie to use her ponytail not only for attacks, but also lob Kiddy at enemies, or even set him for a roll as we saw in DKCR, among other ideas for tag team attacks.

Speaking which, that bit about how DKCR had continuous rolling?

It actually is from DKC3!

So it all adds up!

Imagine if in her reveal trailer, Dixie goes against K.Rool and some villains along him. She then whistles for a call, and suddenly out of nowhere comes a toddler chimp that's almost her size. The villains laugh at this, but then Dixie hauls Kiddy up with her ponytail, and throws him at them. After that, Kiddy might rebound back to Dixie, who then might try her best to carry in the air (like her Helicopter Twirl from Tropical Freeze), and use that to set up for B-Rolling Attack, and proceeds bowl over rest of the villains, until freeing DK and Diddy (incase they were shown imprisoned in cages in the trailer.)

Now I guess the things that would be ending up open here would be if Kiddy's overall implementation - would he be like Luma/Nana, or could you actually play as him? If he'd be also controllable, I can see him be (fittingly) portrayed as mini-sized echo of DK, and you could play as him via switching (giving you basically two characters to play as via former Zelda/Sheik).
I wouldn't like it if she was lumped in with Kiddy, but I actually had a dream a month ago that this happened. You make some reasonable points, and I do think it's possible, but I really think she should be her own character, and it doesn't help that Kiddy is one of my least favorite Kongs.

Last edited:

RayaGRH

Smash Apprentice
11 years ago it was my 15th Birthday and I WISHED for Dixie to be in Brawl. Now it's my 26th and I WISH for Dixie to be in Ultimate! It's funny how time flies.

dixiehair_by_doctorworm1987-d9keo7q.gif

Keep Hope Whirling!!

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Oh man, I don't know how I've missed it until now but I just heard the Tropical Freeze mix of Aquatic Ambience for the first time. What a soul blast. Took me right back to my childhood. Man I have to get a switch soon so I can get TF as well as Smash.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Now that my glorious Kremling King has made it into Smash Bros, I am now fully 100% on the Dixie for Ultimate hype train. She was my 2nd most wanted after Rool and while I like to see other characters as well none of them even come CLOSE to my desire for Dixie Kong. She is my 2nd favorite Kong behind Donkey himself. She deserves to be in Ultimate. So count me on the support list or whatever.

Top Bottom