• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Okay. I'm late because I was busy and lazy. But here it is, my Dixie Mii.
Keep in mind that Dixie Mii is like the SNES K. Rool design in that she can only make one expression. That is, if she's hurt or yelling or whatever other miserable expressions Mii make or feel, she will look "broken" since she has, for example, a snout made of eyebrows. Not to worry, though: she looks great standing still, in her character select icon, and while teabagging opponents. If you think of something better, please share.

DeniroSerafim

Smash Apprentice
How great would it be if Dixie actually just ended up being part of the fighter pass? How would the reactions be around here? I know I'd be ecstatic.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Rayman, Rayman Origins and Rayman Legends have shrinking as a gameplay mechanic and they pull it off very well.
An excellent point right there. :grin:

As for Lanky, the game would need to be balanced in such a way that stretchy punches and stuff wouldn't necessarily always work (like, say, a Kremling carrying a spiked shield).

Chunky, the only way I can see him fit in is if he gets to be the main character for a harder kind of mode, in which he's really strong, but still walk/runs slow. Also, Chunky New Mode has a nice ring to it.

Last edited:

DeniroSerafim

Smash Apprentice
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1088784096061317120

Looks like Retro Studios are working on Metroid Prime 4 after all!
I wonder what this means for the future of DKC :facepalm:
As a fan of Metroid this news actually really excites me, it basically confirms that Prime 4 is going to be amazing. That being said, it is possible that Retro may have been working on something DK related before, although I doubt it. Retro definitely was up to something between Tropical Freeze and now though, whether it got cancelled or is coming soon remains to be seen. Either way, I don't think DK necessarily needs Retro to survive, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Okay, am just gonna voice it out, that sucks. Of course it's cool there's gonna be a Prime 4. But honestly, I would've prefered another DKCR-styled DKC game made by them.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Okay, am just gonna voice it out, that sucks. Of course it's cool there's gonna be a Prime 4. But honestly, I would've prefered another DKCR-styled DKC game made by them.
Yeah, exactly! I want to see them at least make one more DKC game with K. Rool in it so they can complete and have a trilogy. I want to see Retro's take on K. Rool and the Kremlings and see how they will handle them.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
At least, the mystery of whatever Retro is doing has been solved.

However, Ubisoft Milan has openly shown interest in DK, right? I wonder...

>recent talks here about whether Tiny's shrinking could be used
>Rayman Origins/Legends can use a shrinking mechanic

506555.jpg

As a fan of Metroid this news actually really excites me, it basically confirms that Prime 4 is going to be amazing. That being said, it is possible that Retro may have been working on something DK related before, although I doubt it. Retro definitely was up to something between Tropical Freeze and now though, whether it got cancelled or is coming soon remains to be seen. Either way, I don't think DK necessarily needs Retro to survive, but we'll just have to wait and see.
You know the Star Fox fans get screwed over yet again when the game Retro was supposedly working on for them is in jeopardy...

That being said, I am of the belief that there doesn't need to be a single studio doing every modern DK, so I'm fine with this.

Now, we just need to hope that Metroid Prime 4 doesn't take 4 years to make, since it has been a long time since Retro last worked on the series.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
It is gonna be a long while till we see K. Rool return in a new DKC game huh.

It sucks honestly.

I was looking forward to Retro potentially reviving the villain, and characterizing him to new levels that the SNES games couldn't, but I guess we have to wait for MP4 to finish now before that can happen.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
You know, I just realised something, what the hell are they even going to be announcing at E3 now? MP4's delay has nixed a possible reveal there, so unless there's a bunch of ports and Smash announcements, or something none of us know about, they'll have bupkis to show for it.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
How great would it be if Dixie actually just ended up being part of the fighter pass? How would the reactions be around here? I know I'd be ecstatic.
I would jump out of my seat and sing ''Sweet victory!'' with my arms up swinging them side to side. DK would finally be complete like Metroid in the roster and the ''EVERYONE IS HERE!'' meaning would almost be perfect with Dixie getting in.

Dixie along with all the missing modes like All Star Mode, Home Run Contest, Break the Targets, and Event Matches is all that's really left that would make Ultimate the perfect Smash game.

SeashoreWar

Smash Journeyman
Retro could also be working on DK as well. Miyamoto did say he thought they were big enough to handle multiple projects a few years back. But they might have also handed it over to Monster Games since they helped with Returns 3D and TF.

Not sure if anyone has been keeping up with this, but there's been some more DKC remasters uploaded!

And a few more are on the channel as well.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
You know, I just realised something, what the hell are they even going to be announcing at E3 now? MP4's delay has nixed a possible reveal there, so unless there's a bunch of ports and Smash announcements, or something none of us know about, they'll have bupkis to show for it.
Perhaps maybe an announcement of Mother 3 finally getting localized and released in the west along with Porky as a DLC fighter in Smash. Or maybe Nintendo and Microsoft forming a tiny partnership with their cross play to release some Rare/Microsoft games on the Switch along with the announcement of the N64 Mini and Banjo & Kazooie as a DLC fighter in Smash. Or perhaps both along with Metroid Prime 4 news. Whatever the case, this year's E3 is going to be exciting and I'll be looking forward to seeing it.

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
Not every Smash character has to go along with a game announcement. In fact they very, very rarely do.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Dixie along with all the missing modes like All Star Mode, Home Run Contest, Break the Targets, and Event Matches is all that's really left that would make Ultimate the perfect Smash game.
I think Event Matches are already covered by Spirits tbh, and I think All Star Mode as it is in this game is fine, as I wouldn't really be jumping at the idea of playing through it with nearly 80 characters, both in individual length and how many times to complete. I agree with you on Home Run Contest and Break the Targets though, and I would add a Boss Battles Mode like in Brawl (with Porky and Sylux as new bosses), as well as a custom Stage Builder and a coin battle mode for Special Smash.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Turns out Retro Studios isn't working on a new DKC. Maybe next time.

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
I think Event Matches are already covered by Spirits tbh.
Mmm, gonna disagree there. The thing is, Event Matches are like little fanfictions written by the developers. Sometimes they're the only feature of the game that REALLY utilizes the crossover aspect.
You could have stuff like Luigi and Pac-Man confusing Wii Fit Trainer for a ghost, so you have to fight them both at Gamer.
Toon Link boards the Pirate Ship only to find it's been commandeered by Kaptain K Rool, so you have to take him out.
Simon and Richter attempt to kill Bayonetta as they assume she's evil, so you have to defeat them both with her at Umbra Clock Tower.
Charizard challenges Ridley to a dragon battle at Kalos Pokemon League, where Rayquaza flies overhead.
There is just so much potential with creating these little scenarios and giving the player some context for fighting. It adds a lot of character to the game in my opinion.

Spirit battles are cool in their own way, but they're not like event matches. The one and only premise of every spirit battle is "you're fighting this character, represented by a fighter who resembles them." There's no context for why you're fighting beyond "Galeem did it". I do enjoy spirit battles, but they're nothing like event matches.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
I wonder if Nintendo is working on ANY Donkey Kong game.

I always got the feeling Retro wasn't working on DK so it's not surprising to me, but it does put a hamper on Dixie's popularity going forward.

All the more reason I hope she's in this Fighter's Pass, or a season 2 perhaps, or something. It's looking more and more dire by the day.

Cruelcumber

Smash Cadet
As someone who was ecstatic that King K. Rool finally made it into Smash Bros, I think that Dixie Kong is also long overdue as well. I feel like she would act as the Isabelle to Diddy Kong's Villager in a sense of playstyle. I could see the Gumball Popgun being her Neutral Special, which is weaker in damage than Diddy's Peanut Popgun, but doesn't explode and has more hitstun. Her Side Special I could see being the Back Flip, acting exactly as the custom move Diddy Kong had as a variant of his Monkey Flip in Smash 4. Her Up Special would be her Helicopter Spin, acting similar to Donkey Kong's Spinning Kong, only with more traveling distance and control, but less damage. Lastly I think her and Diddy Kong sharing the Banana Peel works fine as a Down Special. Other characteristics of hers could include using her hair instead of a tail since she lacks one unlike Diddy Kong. I could see her having higher jumps and better aerials, but not as strong of a ground game compared to Diddy Kong.

But that's just my take on how I could see Dixie Kong implemented. Although looking at the movelists on the first post, I can see more originality, but this is just a more basic idea. Add me to the support list for this rockin' kong.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
^ Replace the monkey flip with a command grab (where DIxie carries the fighter with her hair and I am okay with it.
I wonder if Nintendo is working on ANY Donkey Kong game.

I always got the feeling Retro wasn't working on DK so it's not surprising to me, but it does put a hamper on Dixie's popularity going forward.

All the more reason I hope she's in this Fighter's Pass, or a season 2 perhaps, or something. It's looking more and more dire by the day.
I have a feeling either she or Bandana Dee will be the one first party DLC in the fighter pass. Just a feeling though, maybe we get that stupid Xenoblade 2 brat instead or no first party fighters whatsoever.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
It's very possible Retro was working on a project that will be announced and released this year.

I couldn't say whether or not it's a DKC game, but obviously I hope it is. A new DK game will come sooner than later, I believe. The series is too financially viable for Nintendo to spend too long neglecting it.

Last edited:

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
There's no way we're getting any first parties. I mean I used to think we were getting moar Fire Emblem, but then the Game Awards changed my mind completely. If we do get another Fire Emblem I'll be very disappointed in Reggie for describing the DLC as "characters you wouldn't expect to see in Smash Bros".

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Is it safe for me to say I would've prefered a new DKC made by Retro? Metroid just had Samus Returns 3DS. Prime 4 was gonna be made anyway. There's studios for Metroid already. But why isn't Donkey Kong getting this love despite being overall more succesful and selling more? Why is my favorite franchise neglected yet again?

Yes Tropical Freeze Switch was nice, and it was my first experience with the game seeing as I never owned a Wii U. Yet, before that game even came out, nothing else related to Donkey Kong came out in the meanwhile. Unless you count Mario x Rabbids DK Adventure?.. But that's more of a cameo appearance, and didn't do much with the franchise outside of using Donkey Kong alone, and a Rabbid inspired by Cranky.

There was street signs named in Mario Odyssey, Reggie talking about a new Donkey Kong experience way back, K.Rool came back in Ultimate, yet why is the general flow of released games so low with Donkey Kong? What about this franchise is WRONG that it just won't get the same love and attention from Nintendo from all other succesful franchises? If they would've released as frequently as say, Kirby games, DKC would be more succesful than ZELDA even.

Speaking of Zelda, nothing new either.

I just don't get Nintendo. When is E3 or some other Direct?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Probably because most of the current Country characters weren't even made by them, so they're hesitant on using them. Meanwhile, Kirby and Zelda have firmly remained home-grown brands. Star Allies even had Shimomura's characters being used again, despite his vanishing from the face of the Earth.

But one thing for sure is there really isn't much in the way of games and exclusives coming from them so far this year. After Travis Strikes Again (Marvelous/Grasshopper, but it counts), Dragon: Marked For Death (Inti Creates exclusive), New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe, Luigi's Mansion 3 and Yoshi's Crafted World, what's next then? Until at least Summer (which will presumably reveal when Animal Crossing, Three Houses and Pokémon Gen 8 are getting released), it's indies, indies everywhere.

I just want a bloody Direct at this point. Let's hope all this radio silence means there will be a metric ton of new Nintendo games coming next year...

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I think Event Matches are already covered by Spirits tbh, and I think All Star Mode as it is in this game is fine, as I wouldn't really be jumping at the idea of playing through it with nearly 80 characters, both in individual length and how many times to complete. I agree with you on Home Run Contest and Break the Targets though, and I would add a Boss Battles Mode like in Brawl (with Porky and Sylux as new bosses), as well as a custom Stage Builder and a coin battle mode for Special Smash.
Sylux would be very underwhelming as a boss since we already have :ultridley: and :ultdarksamus: in the roster. Porky has a higher chance to be a DLC character in the Season Pass whether than coming back as a boss in a future patch. In fact, I would say Porky and Sylux have the highest chances of any Nintendo characters to get in the Season Pass because of them not having spirits and being important characters in their series.

I have a feeling either she or Bandana Dee will be the one first party DLC in the fighter pass. Just a feeling though, maybe we get that stupid Xenoblade 2 brat instead or no first party fighters whatsoever.
Porky and Sylux have a better shot as of right now because of them not having spirits. Also, no mention of my gal from Xenoblade X? Poor Elma. :(

There's no way we're getting any first parties. I mean I used to think we were getting moar Fire Emblem, but then the Game Awards changed my mind completely. If we do get another Fire Emblem I'll be very disappointed in Reggie for describing the DLC as "characters you wouldn't expect to see in Smash Bros".
Porky and Sylux don't have spirits, and that's very odd for those characters in particular to not appear in Ultimate in any form. I would say if we get any first party characters in the Season Pass, Porky and Sylux would have the best shots.

Probably because most of the current Country characters weren't even made by them, so they're hesitant on using them. Meanwhile, Kirby and Zelda have firmly remained home-grown brands. Star Allies even had Shimomura's characters being used again, despite his vanishing from the face of the Earth.

But one thing for sure is there really isn't much in the way of games and exclusives coming from them so far this year. After Travis Strikes Again (Marvelous/Grasshopper, but it counts), Dragon: Marked For Death (Inti Creates exclusive), New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe, Luigi's Mansion 3 and Yoshi's Crafted World, what's next then? Until at least Summer (which will presumably reveal when Animal Crossing, Three Houses and Pokémon Gen 8 are getting released), it's indies, indies everywhere.

I just want a bloody Direct at this point. Let's hope all this radio silence means there will be a metric ton of new Nintendo games coming next year...
Don't we all.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Porky? Likely? Only if they make a literal remake of EarthBound. And I don't really see that happening. But hey, theoretically they could do it, building from the engine of Pokemon Let's Go. Am not 100% they would think it's marketable however, and if it is, it's purely because of Smash Bros. and that would be awesome.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Porky? Likely? Only if they make a literal remake of EarthBound. And I don't really see that happening. But hey, theoretically they could do it, building from the engine of Pokemon Let's Go. Am not 100% they would think it's marketable however, and if it is, it's purely because of Smash Bros. and that would be awesome.
It's the year of the pig and the 30th anniversary of the Mother/Earthbound series is coming up later this year. Nintendo might announce that Mother 3 will finally be localized and released in the west along with Porky as DLC in Smash to promote it.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm honestly not banking on any Mother characters at this point, seeing as Sakurai, as Itoi's friend, would respect the wishes of that franchise being officially and unambiguously over.

But if I am proven wrong, then much congrats on the impossible happening.

Huh, the killswitch date is near my brithday, that's interesting.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'm honestly not banking on any Mother characters at this point, seeing as Sakurai, as Itoi's friend, would respect the wishes of that franchise being officially and unambiguously over.

But if I am proven wrong, them much congrats on the impossible happening.

Huh, the killswitch date is near my brithday, that's interesting.
Just because the series is over it doesn't mean we can't get a new Mother character in Smash or we can't get any new Mother merchandise or content ever again. Smash 4 added Magicant from Earthbound as a stage and Ultimate added the Ramblin' Evil Mushroom from Earthbound as a item.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
It's the year of the pig and the 30th anniversary of the Mother/Earthbound series is coming up later this year. Nintendo might announce that Mother 3 will finally be localized and released in the west along with Porky as DLC in Smash to promote it.
Expecting Mother 3 to be localized this year is like expecting Half Life 3 to be announced this year. You can, but don’t blame anyone but yourself when it doesn’t happen.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Sylux would be very underwhelming as a boss since we already have :ultridley: and :ultdarksamus: in the roster. Porky has a higher chance to be a DLC character in the Season Pass whether than coming back as a boss in a future patch. In fact, I would say Porky and Sylux have the highest chances of any Nintendo characters to get in the Season Pass because of them not having spirits and being important characters in their series.
But why? Bowser and Ganondorf being playable didn't make Giga Bowser and Ganon underwhelming. If anything having :ultridley: and :ultdarksamus: as playable makes Sylux more underwhelming as a playable character than as a boss because he would be the THIRD Metroid Villain. Despite already having two playable Metroid Villains, we have NO Metroid or Earthbound bosses in the game, so he would be in a more unique role as a boss.

Porky and Sylux don't have spirits, and that's very odd for those characters in particular to not appear in Ultimate in any form. I would say if we get any first party characters in the Season Pass, Porky and Sylux would have the best shots.
Is it? How do we know they don't have Spirits because they're planned to be bosses? Bosses are given their own unique spirits as well, you can only obtain them when they're beaten. Wouldn't be the first time they've done something like this, the same way Isaac and Shadow were hidden away initially, causing us all to think they're playable, only to be revealed as ATs at the very end. In fact for Shadow and Skull Kid, the earlier confirmations of Knuckles and the Moon caused us to conclude definitively they would be playable, and thus was not the case.

And honestly if those two are the picks, I'd rather just have all 3rd party DLC. I don't think the odds of ever getting a 3rd Mother character are very high, barring Ninten as a Ness echo, unless the series suddenly comes back from the dead. Dixie Kong and Elma would be probably the most feasible 1st Party DLC I care about at this point (although I also wouldn't mind a Rhythm Heaven Rep), since the rest of my picks were already confirmed as AT or are even more unlikely, and both of them have a glaring lack of music from the games they starred in and potential for a new stage.

As for Spirits, again, I view Spirits as the successor of Trophies. So Mewtwo and Lucas having trophies didn't stop them from being DLC. Spirits take even less work.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Okay, riddle me this: is there any reason at all for Sylux and Porky to be planned as DLC bosses when that sort of thing has never happened before? The only way they'd be added as bosses now is if the next updates do a drastic overhaul of the Classic Mode, which I severely doubt is going to happen.

If in the end they're not in, they're just not in, and we have the spirit division of the staff to blame for their lack of research (seriously, how on Earth did they miss Sylux when they managed to get Kanden and Trace from his debut game). Even the ASC spirit is the empty sprite of it, so no one can even joke about Porky being in it already.

As for Spirits, again, I view Spirits as the successor of Trophies. So Mewtwo and Lucas having trophies didn't stop them from being DLC. Spirits take even less work.
But this point I'll actually agree with, it's silly that people make such a hissy fit over this issue.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Okay, riddle me this: is there any reason at all for Sylux and Porky to be planned as DLC bosses when that sort of thing has never happened before? The only way they'd be added as bosses now is if the next updates do a drastic overhaul of the Classic Mode, which I severely doubt is going to happen.

If in the end they're not in, they're just not in, and we have the spirit division of the staff to blame for their lack of research (seriously, how on Earth did they miss Sylux when they managed to get Kanden and Trace from his debut game). Even the ASC spirit is the empty sprite of it, so no one can even joke about Porky being in it already.

But this point I'll actually agree with, it's silly that people make such a hissy fit over this issue.
Lots of things that have "never happened before" were done for this game. "Never happened before" is Sakurai's motto for the series, for anyone who's been paying attention for the last couple of years.

And they don't need to overhaul Classic, like I suggested before, they could add in a new Boss Battles mode. Some might think its a waste to have these bosses in one mode, but hey, they created the Yellow Devil and Metal Face as multiplayer only bosses (and Ridley in Smash 4), so that's an even bigger waste in my opinion. They could even expand WOL and add new maps with these bosses, as like a World 9 or Star extra world they do in the Mario games or in Fire Emblem DLC, as there are plenty of spirits that haven't appeared yet in the maps.

Last edited:

Luigi player

Smash Master
Ah, kinda sad about retro studios.. it's possible they worked on dk and stopped i guess.. but that would mean we'd have to wait for a new dk game even longer now.

btw, something I just thought about.... it would've been nice if the jungle "stage" they used as backgrounds and stuff for k rools reveal was a stage. actually kind of a bummer it's not used at all besides the reveal-trailer.
(dk really doesn't have enough stages and the classic dk one is really bad and ugly so that doesn't even really count).

even just having the dkcr one back would've been nice to have as an omega and bf-form.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Lots of things that have "never happened before" were done for this game. "Never happened before" is Sakurai's motto for the series, if you've been paying attention for the last couple of years.

And they don't need to overhaul Classic, like I suggested before, they could add in a new Boss Battles mode. Some might think its a waste to have these bosses in one mode, but hey, they created the Yellow Devil and Metal Face as multiplayer only bosses (and Ridley in Smash 4), so that's an even bigger waste in my opinion. They could even expand WOL and add new maps with these bosses, as like a World 9 or Star extra world they do in the Mario games or in Fire Emblem DLC, as there are plenty of spirits that haven't appeared yet in the maps.
Yes I know, but he does it steadily and doesn't make many huge jumps for each game like most people think he does (at least not since Brawl).

Most people thought we'd get American third parties. They're mostly just collectibles so far.

Most people thought we'd get a second unique character for a third party series. Didn't happen.

Most people thought any Pokémon from older generations would be considered after Brawl. Didn't happen. And don't get me started on any more trainers.

Most people thought new Kirby characters would be added after Brawl. Didn't happen, for some reason.

The Ender Dragon DLC boss rumor didn't even happen, so unless anything past the fighter pass content is announced, I'll take this theory with a grain of salt. We can't be certain which habits Sakurai will break next, if any. Besides bringing everyone back and how WOL is set up overall, the main big things to happen this time are second characters for third party series (as Echoes, even then) and a regular enemy as playable.

I know that Sakurai is intent on doing as much as possible in regards to supporting this game, but I'm not sure if the reduced staff will be capable of adding new bosses, even if Porky can be recycled from Brawl.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Yes I know, but he does it steadily and doesn't make many huge jumps for each game like most people think he does (at least not since Brawl).

Most people thought we'd get American third parties. They're mostly just collectibles so far.

Most people thought we'd get a second unique character for a third party series. Didn't happen.

Most people thought any Pokémon from older generations would be considered after Brawl. Didn't happen.

Most people thought new Kirby characters would be added after Brawl. Didn't happen, for some reason.

The Ender Dragon DLC boss rumor didn't even happen, so unless anything past the fighter pass content is announced, I'll take this theory with a grain of salt. We can't be certain which habits Sakurai will break next, if any. Besides bringing everyone back and how WOL is set up overall, the main big things to happen this time are second characters for third party series (as Echoes, even then) and a regular enemy as playable.

I know that Sakurai is intent on doing as much as possible in regards to supporting this game, but I'm not sure if the reduced staff will be capable of adding new bosses, even if Porky can be recycled from Brawl.
3rd Parties were unprecedented prior to Brawl. It happened.

DLC was unprecedented prior to Smash 4. It happened.

Many people thought Megaman was as good as dead due to his treatment at the time by Capcom (especially because of his awful depiction in Street Fighter X Tekken). He got in, and was as accurate as ever to his NES self.

Most people never thought Pac-Man could get in. He did.

Most people could never imagine a 3rd party company getting a trophy without a playable character. Rayman happened

Most people never expected 8 player Smash to actually happen. It happened.

Most people never expected Stage DLC. It happened.

Most people thought Dr. Mario coming back before Mewtwo was inconceivable. It happened.

Most people never thought 3rd party companies could get a 2nd character. Ryu happened.

Most people never thought Ryu or Cloud could get in. It happened.

Most people never thought a character that literally is the face of a 3rd party moving to Playstation could get in. Cloud happened.

Most people thought Roy and Mewtwo coming back were impossible after Robin, Lucina, and Greninja. They came back.

Most people thought Fire Emblem getting 4 new characters and Kid Icarus getting 2 was impossible. It happened.

Most people never expected every Veteran in the series to come back, especially not Snake, Young Link, or Pichu. Snake in particular because of all the hatred for Konami and the falling out with Kojima. It happened.

And while Pokemon hasn't gotten any newcomers from Older Pokemon Gens, getting Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Pichu back is a blessing enough for me, since Pokemon from Gens 1 and 2 already make up the vast majority of the Pokemon lineup. Also you could count the female Pokemon Trainer as a reference to FireRed and LeafGreen, since she hasn't appeared since then.

Most people never thought Ridley or K. Rool would ever be added. It happened.

Most people never thought 3rd party franchises could get a 2nd character. Richter and Ken happened.

Most people never thought a generic Piranha Plant could ever even be conceived as a Playable character, Piranha Plants have never even been playable in Mario Party or Kart or even Baseball (or any game at all, even Goombas were playable in some spin offs), let alone Smash Bros. And most people never thought it could make it in over the likes of Waluigi or Captain Toad as a Mario rep, or Isaac and Shadow in general.

For just as much things you say didn't happen, even more 'impossible' things did happen, mostly over the span of just two games.

I'm pretty sure bosses take a lot less time than playable characters, tbh, especially since Porky CAN be recycled from Brawl. To say that Sylux and Porky could be playable while saying that making them bosses would be too much effort is strange to me, to say the least.

Last edited:
Top Bottom