• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Piranha Plant has been confirmed to have a Palutena’s Guidance conversation, meaning all the DLC characters will probably have them, unlike Smash 4.

That was one of the most upsetting parts about Dixie not getting into the base roster, but I guess that’s one less worry if she gets in as DLC.
I actually think this might be bad news for what little hope Dixie Kong does have. It means that the conversation was likely pre-recorded since none of Smash 4's DLC characters had Palutena's guidance conversations. If Joker also ends up having a Palutena guidance, it will mean that the DLC characters were planned ahead of time (even before the game's release), and that would rule out the admittedly unlikely scenario of them developing two or three echoes in addition to the fighter's pass characters (since those characters would be characters chosen well after the DLC characters were selected). The only other opportunity for Dixie Kong aside from this is if there is another "fighter's pass" after February 2020, which I am not optimistic about either.

Finally finished the Squitter set for MK8! Thankfully I don't think any of the other animal buddies will be as complicated :laugh:

This is absolutely fantastic work. It is really and truly commendable. It is a shame stuff like this probably will never come to pass in Mario Kart (the Donkey Kong games are barely touched upon there).

On a side note, I am finally beginning work on my Dixie Kong essay. There will be many things to discuss within it, and it is likely the last work I will ever do in support of a newcomer for Smash Bros. I am posting much less than I did during pre-launch period, and I do not feel like participating much in speculation discussion any more. However, I want to write this Dixie Kong essay as a tool for the next generation of Dixie Kong and Smash Bros. fans to use when they support her for the next title. There is always the possibility for her to be DLC for Ultimate, however, I am writing this essay as something for Smash Bros. and Dixie Kong fans who plan to stay within the "Smash core" for the next four to six years to use in their support of her.

It will take a few months for me to finish unfortunately. However, I hope Dixie Kong fans will enjoy the final product. She is truly something special, and I do not think even people who like her know just what her merits truly are. In many ways, she is the ultimate heroine.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Hey everyone, I've got a new set of vids to share from Gamexplain:
https://youtu.be/iORdCuz2vtE

And Video Game Dunkey:
https://youtu.be/1UhFWoDZLxA

They're giving Tropical Freeze the recognition it deserves, especially highlighting what makes it better than the NSMB games. It's refreshing to see and hear, and while IDK who's making the inevitable next DK game, I hope they keep, enhance and grow on Retro's design philosophy. It reeks of quality and they put so much thought into their levels. NSMB stages feel like obstacle courses; Retro's DKCs feel like living environments.

Also, SeashoreWar SeashoreWar keep knocking it out of the park! Your work will be added soon and it's always amazing. Might I suggest googly eyes for the Squitter-Mobile?

EDIT: Oh, sorry; forget what I said about the eyes.

Also InASnowBoundLand InASnowBoundLand great moveset! Haven't forgotten about it, and I'll add that soon.

Last edited:

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
They're giving Tropical Freeze the recognition it deserves, especially highlighting what makes it better than the NSMB games. It's refreshing to see and hear, and while IDK who's making the inevitable next DK game, I hope they keep, enhance and grow on Retro's design philosophy. It reeks of quality and they put so much thought into their levels. NSMB stages feel like obstacle courses; Retro's DKCs feel like living environments.
You might want to see this video, then. It's by Mark Brown of Game Maker's Toolkit.

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
Kinda neat, even if it is just an unrelated figure glued to a Mr Resetti base. Glad people care.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
That would be a good one. This one would be an awesome victory theme with Dixie shredding her guitar in the victory screen.
Definitely. That was my first thought but I went with the opening jingle because it sounded more heroic and emblematic of DKC2 as a whole.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
The first two seconds of Stilt Village SNES.

By the way, I'm just kidding in case one of Nintendo's employees see this. You can blame me when Stilt Village SNES gets a remix when Dixie joins the battle.

Last edited:

SuperJumpmon64

Smash Cadet
Hey ya'll. Haven't been around in a long time. Glad to see that people are still supportin' Dixie. I just got her Mii hat, and have been using her Mii for my mii brawler. Haven't used her online yet.

DX_E

Smash Apprentice
Jon from GameXplain predicted DK dlc for Mario Kart including Diddy, Dixie, Cranky and Funky as playable characters. Since he predicted it, it must be true.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Jon from GameXplain predicted DK dlc for Mario Kart including Diddy, Dixie, Cranky and Funky as playable characters. Since he predicted it, it must be true.
Not a fan ....

Include K. Rool as well, and it will be perfect.
All I need is Diddy, Dixie and K. Rool. :love:

However, I want Squitter and Enguarde as kart parts now!!!

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I hope it's true. Even if K. Rool sits this one out, he's still sitting pretty right now. It would be great to have Dixie and Cranky in MK. Same with Pauline and Funky but I like them less than Dixie and Cranky and would sacrifice them both in an instant for Lanky Kong.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It would be great to have Dixie and Cranky in MK. Same with Pauline and Funky but I like them less than Dixie and Cranky and would sacrifice them both in an instant for Lanky Kong.
I would love for all of them to get in, it would only be fair seeing how DK got treated dirty in MK from 7 onwards.

Direct tomorrow. Fingers crossed for ANY DK news.
A new DKC from Retro would be nice!

Though I'm more immediately concerned about whether or not SM3D World gets ported at all, first and foremost.

SeashoreWar

Smash Journeyman
DK DLC in Mario Kart...

Does this mean my days of making karts and bikes are already over? :laugh:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Final game in the DKCR Trilogy with King K. Rool and Kremlings as the main baddies.
King K. Rool in Mario Tennis Aces.
King K. Rool as DLC in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.
King K. Rool and Kremling as DLC in Super Mario Party.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Not a fan ....

Include K. Rool as well, and it will be perfect.
All I need is Diddy, Dixie and K. Rool. :love:

However, I want Squitter and Enguarde as kart parts now!!!
Should add Tiny as well, since she was in Super Sluggers and it would be nice to have two female Kongs.

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
DK DLC in Mario Kart...

Does this mean my days of making karts and bikes are already over? :laugh:
No! From now on, you'll be working on fanart for Super Mario Party and Mario Tennis Aces instead! Back to toil in the art dungeon, you go!

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
The one thing I want for the Direct is for that dumb rumor about the remaining fighters being from Dragon Quest, Minecraft, etc to be debunked.

Reila

Yeah, I can't deny that talking in the Geno and Banjo threads isn't fun anymore for those reasons.

Lord, next afternoon can't come soon enough.
Unless the rumor is true. In that case I will just put my controller down and be done with it lol.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Delzethin has made a potential 1st Party DLC list covering the many options and our Girl With the Whirl is one of them!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pmj6MfvefQU

It's interesting that he says we're a more quiet fanbase. It's true of course, and I take no issue with being called such, but maybe its a wakeup call in addition to what Chrono's been advising us about. Guess we could stand to be a bit louder is all.

InASnowBoundLand InASnowBoundLand 's moveset and Mii Tutorial has been added to the OP, along with Capybara Gaming Capybara Gaming and Cruelcumber Cruelcumber as Support Buddies!

Sabertooth Sabertooth I was on twitter for the 1st time in a long time yesterday, and I gotta give you props for all the work you're putting into Dixie Kong's popularity. GREAT JOB! You're getting the word out for her and it's really impressive. Please keep it up!

I'll buy MK8 Deluxe if it's true.

Reila

I still doubt we will get first party DLCs, but I am really willing to be proven wrong (with Dixie being announced, of course - no other first party potential fighter is remotely as interesting at this point).

Reila

Depends on the details. Sources have said conflicting details, Eddy is supposed to be tall, yet short, and get Anlucia and Luminary alts.

I have no idea who's saying the truth anymore.
Time will tell, but usually the worst rumors end up being true (we got Incineroar and Ken instead of Skull Kid and others, so yeah). Maybe things will be different this time.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Time will tell, but usually the worst rumors end up being true (we got Incineroar and Ken instead of Skull Kid and others, so yeah). Maybe things will be different this time.
Well, at least there's no semi-convincing fake leak to inflate everyone's hopes (except for Tails fans), so that's already a net improvement. Most people's expectations are actually rock-bottom right now.

Last edited:

Reila

Well, at least there's no semi-convincing fake leak to inflate everyone's hopes (except for Tails fans), so that's already a net improvement. Most people's expectations are actually rock-bottom right now.
Yeah... Wait, what is this about Tails?

--

Unrelated but I wouldn't be surprised if we get a first party DLC and it is from Fire Emblem again.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah... Wait, what is this about Tails?

--

Unrelated but I wouldn't be surprised if we get a first party DLC and it is from Fire Emblem again.
It's been said at least once that the Grinch leak is the only time a leak made everyone happy, without taking into consideration that Tails fans would not be happy about Shadow making it in over him.

We could get a first party, but not the one that everyone expects. As far as I know, the September Direct never hinted at Isabelle's reveal before the end, so Three Houses getting a release date announcement before a character reveal would be a little too obvious a hint.

Last edited:

Reila

It's been said at least once that the Grinch leak is the only time a leak made everyone happy, without taking into consideration that Tails fans would not be happy about Shadow making it in over him.

We could get a first party, but not the one that everyone expects. As far as I know, the September Direct never hinted at Isabelle's reveal before the end, so Three Houses getting a release date announcement before a character reveal would be a little too obvious a hint.
Ah, I see. I thought there was some Tails-related rumor out there, which would be definitely unexpected as we are already getting a SEGA DLC (Joker) and apparently we aren't getting DLC echo fighters, so... Actually, that is a shame. Joker plus Tails echo fighter? I would buy it, but only Joker is not enough for me. I am not that big on Persona anymore.

Anyways, I personally think Tails is a much better addition than Shadow but that is a matter for a different thread.

One thing I am adamant on when it comes to DLC is that they will all be very popular fighters or from games that are currently popular, or have become popular in the past few years. Tropical Freeze is popular so Dixie wouldn't be a huge surprise. However, games like Fire Emblem and Xenoblade are... Not necessarily more popular, but people talk more about them. I wouldn't be surprised at all with another FE fighter announced today, or something from Xenoblade (they said that brat Rex didn't make the cut - but they could have changed their mind... and there is also Xenoblade X).

There is also the possibility of no Smash announcements today. After all, Joker's trailer wasn't shown yet. Though my prediction is that the direct will start with Joker's trailer and end with a teaser for the next DLC fighter (Doom Guy obviously)

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Ah, I see. I thought there was some Tails-related rumor out there, which would be definitely unexpected as we are already getting a SEGA DLC (Joker) and apparently we aren't get DLC echo fighters, so... I personally think Tails is a much better addition than Shadow but that is a matter for a different thread.

One thing I am adamant on when it comes to DLC is that they will all be very popular fighters or from games that are currently popular, or have become popular in the past few years. Tropical Freeze is popular so Dixie wouldn't be a huge surprise. However, games like Fire Emblem and Xenoblade are... Not necessarily more popular, but people talk more about them. I wouldn't be surprised at all with another FE fighter announced today, or something from Xenoblade (they said that brat Rex didn't make the cut - but they could have changed their mind... and there is also Xenoblade X).

There is also the possibility of no Smash announcements today. After all, Joker's trailer wasn't shown yet. Though my prediction is that the direct will start with Joker's trailer and end with a teaser for the next DLC fighter (Doom Guy obviously)
Seeing as it's a general Direct, I don't expect anything Smash-related until the very end, like the September one I've mentioned, since focus is mainly on upcoming games.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Same here! I don’t think it’s too likely, but still it’s a possibility of course as always.

Question time though, what if we get a DKC spin off game featuring Diddy and Dixie paired together as in DKC2, but the game is in the wooly / yarn style as the Kirby and Yoshi games before?

Reila

The Kirby and Yoshi wooly/yarn games are great, so I would be hyped for a Donkey Kong Yarn game.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Same here! I don’t think it’s too likely, but still it’s a possibility of course as always.

Question time though, what if we get a DKC spin off game featuring Diddy and Dixie paired together as in DKC2, but the game is in the wooly / yarn style as the Kirby and Yoshi games before?
Ehh I'm not really down with that aesthetic, aside from the LittleBigPlanet games. Personally I'd like a 2D animation DK game, combining the stylish visuals of the silhouette levels with its own distinct flair. Obviously I don't want this 2D animated game to have the limited silhouette color palette throughout the whole game; I'd want visuals that "pop", exciting colors the accentuate the action and gameplay.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
a hand-drawn dkc game like wario land shake it would be amazing but we cant even get 2d-animated movies anymore so not holding my breath

something i think would be really cool is if they made a new dkc but tried to replicate the 90s acm graphics style of the original trilogy

Last edited:
Top Bottom