• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
Dukemon102 Dukemon102 Really? Bopopolis? That level is really fun and not that challenging IMO. It just requires rhythm and timing. Bopopolis is one of my favorite levels in Tropical Freeze!
I actually love Bopopolis and almost all the levels I mentioned above. They are challenging and well designed in a fair way (Except maybe Returns' 6-K ugh PTSD memories). I was naming them because those are usually the most hated levels by the fanbase. Glad to think there is someone else that replays Bopopolis like me.

Poison Pond triggers me everytime because you can't see anything coming before some enemy suddenly appears at blazing speed and hits you. Also some of them are barely visible because of the green water. If Greg Mayles wanted a challenging water level I'm glad he didn't repeat this design on DKC2 because ugh it's irritating to play.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
all i hope for is that everyone's this enthusiastic next year for the 25th anniversary of dkc2

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It's a real shame Nintendo isn't even trying to acknowledge DKC's 25th anniversary because it should be just acknowledged as much as Mario's 25th anniversary or Zelda's. Well I have to go to work in a minute so I'll see you guys later.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Looks like the new management at Nintendo has prompted some changes at Nintendo World NYC.

If anyone wants to see the original I posted it earlier in this thread.
I wonder what DK merchandise would be at the store if they did include it. Everyone knows the obvious DK and Diddy plushies/figures, and a pipe dream would be Dixie, K. Rool, Funky, Tiny, Cranky, etc. plushies/figures as well, but aside from the characters, I could see stuff like barrels and Bananas being included as well.

Any other ideas?

Also enjoy this photo taken by yours truly at the Nintendo NY store, if anyone wanted to see a store that does has DK love.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Looks like the new management at Nintendo has prompted some changes at Nintendo World NYC.

Bowser's reign over DK Isle has just begun lol!

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

This **** ain't helping.

Did Rare even post anything related to DKC's 25 year anniversary?

This is depressing.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Hmm..... Wikipedia only has articles on three DK characters. I don't know how to create new pages or anything like that, but I think there's a certain simian who deserves her own article in that list too. Especially when she starred as the titular heroine of her own game.

Screen Shot 2019-11-21 at 11.10.08 PM.png

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
This **** ain't helping.

Did Rare even post anything related to DKC's 25 year anniversary?

This is depressing.
Rare did post quite a few tweets about DKC's 25th actually as well as Playtonic. I cant link them at the moment but they should be easily available to find/view.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Happy 20th Anniversary to Donkey Kong 64 !!!

While the game isn't perfect and highly regarded as Rare's other 3D platformer in Banjo-Kazooie, But I still have fond memories of renting DK 64 from Blockbuster when I was a kid.

It's still the DK's first and only foray into 3D and hopefully they revisit it into the near future.

DK Rap

Donkey Kong 64 Commercial

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
at this point i'm desensitized to nintendo's underselling of the dkc franchise but it would be nice if they gave us something dixie kong-related to talk about in our dixie kong thread

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Arymle Roseanne will post the wholesome Dixie Kongtent. I'm here to post the edgy Dixie Kongtent.

TFW you have to play the Squawks section of Animal Antics

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
As a Metroid fan that lived the 30th anniversary. I have already gone through this with other people. And I think Metroid had it worse. Getting a spin off no one liked as the only official game after 6 years of nothing following Other M. And an amazing fanmade game getting canned immediately.
The thing is that most of Nintendo's iniciative to celebrate anniversaries comes from... you know.... Japan. DK and many western franchises will never get the recognition they deserve like this. Because it's not made by "them". Dragon Quest is more likely to get celebrated by Nintendo than DK.

But on the positive note. the fan outrage made the E3 2017's double Metroid announcement a reality.
And they are making completely sure that MP4 ends up being a quality game.

We, celebrating as fans. Are a much bigger force than begging for Nintendo's acknowledgement. Too bad I always see the DK fanbase being too quiet about everything.

By the way. That DK statue in NYC was very old (It was in Tropical Freeze's E3 stand) and it was going to fall apart at any second. I don't blame them for replacing it. But I'm not defending Nintendo. I would have ordered a replica or a new statue of DK.

Last edited:

SuperNintendoChalmers

Banned via Warnings
Happy 25th anniversery to Donkey Kong Country. One of my all time favourite gaming franchises and one of the most beloved, treasured trilogys in all of gaming.

Not exactly common knowledge but the first DKC gave the SNES its second wind with renewed interest in the SNES and overall sales, especially when it was around the time that the Sega Saturn and PS1 were on the horizon. Argubly one of the most important SNES titles in terms of legacy and impact along with Super Mario World and a few others.

Never knew this, but all of the SNES DKC's are in the top ten best selling SNES games, that's very impressive.

Cheers to the next 25 years! *raises banana smoothie* and it's about time for me to do another replay of all three DKCs again.

Lets hope for some good DKC related news in the short to medium term! Dixie as DLC would be a great start! :)

Last edited:

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
^its pretty wild to think about how DKC3 outsold every SNES Final Fantasy, Kirby Super Star, Mega Man X, Killer Instinct, Chrono Trigger, etc. despite having no real impact on gaming besides making fun of Kiddy Kong.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Around times like these it's up to us as fans to keep Dixie and DKC alive. We're doing well in that regard; y'all are keeping this thread active, giving the twitter page healthy updates, providing excellent art and posting links to polls, cake recipes and providing rallying posts like Kold Pizza Kold Pizza ''s; we can always up the ante but we're off to a solid start. I'm gonna be lurking until a bit after thanksgiving but I am very happy with how the thread has thrived. Keep up the great work everyone; I'll be silent but I'll always give shoutouts in the thread's title.

Dark Bagel

Smash Ace
Hmm..... Wikipedia only has articles on three DK characters. I don't know how to create new pages or anything like that, but I think there's a certain simian who deserves her own article in that list too. Especially when she starred as the titular heroine of her own game.

View attachment 247703
You can try to request articles related to video games via this part of the site, but if your proposed subject doesn't meet Wikipedia's standards of a "notable topic", it'll get removed. I've tried proposing articles a few times over there, but my requests never stick around for long, and get axed by editors within hours.

Last edited:

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIbmK4yaNRQ

So the new Nintendo store in Tokyo opened up recently, and it looks like there's no DK merch at all there. Even the big glass display with the giant Nintendo characters on doesn't even have Donkey Kong. Like, literally the company's first ever character. Makes me so frustrated.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
What kind of merch would you guys want?

Animal Crate Pants (the animal logo is on your butt)
Baby Donkey Kong scare crow, but scares people, too
Lanky Kong overalls
Lanky Kong mask (big seller)
Dixie Kong beret with ponytail attached (big seller)
Chunky Kong cookies (they're huge, for those watching the calories)
Tiny Kong cookies (they're small, for those watching the calories)
Squitter the Spider plushie
Squitter the Spider sneakers
Enguarde self defense/utility knife
Swanky Kong Quiz Show Board Game

Mariomaniac45213

Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
As a Metroid fan that lived the 30th anniversary. I have already gone through this with other people. And I think Metroid had it worse. Getting a spin off no one liked as the only official game after 6 years of nothing following Other M. And an amazing fanmade game getting canned immediately.
The thing is that most of Nintendo's iniciative to celebrate anniversaries comes from... you know.... Japan. DK and many western franchises will never get the recognition they deserve like this. Because it's not made by "them". Dragon Quest is more likely to get celebrated by Nintendo than DK.

But on the positive note. the fan outrage made the E3 2017's double Metroid announcement a reality.
And they are making completely sure that MP4 ends up being a quality game.

We, celebrating as fans. Are a much bigger force than begging for Nintendo's acknowledgement. Too bad I always see the DK fanbase being too quiet about everything.
I hear Metroid fans say "they had it worse" but I BEG to differ. Just look at the GCN/GBA/DS/Wii era and TRY to tell me Metroid had it worse than DK. Rare left Nintendo in 2002. DK64 was the last true DK game we got for awhile and regardless of how you feel about it now at the time the game received fantastic reviews and it was big and ambitious for its time. So what does Nintendo do to try and follow it up? A gimmicky rhythm game spin-off with a lame accessory, Donkey Konga. Im sorry that game SUCKS! Instead of making a rhythm game based on the amazing music found in the DKC series we got a rhythm game filled with random pop songs, public domain music, and songs from OTHER Nintendo franchises instead of DK...

Then Nintendo decides to triple down on the concept and release 2 sequels and Jungle Beat. While I think Jungle Beat is an underrated gem it still tossed away all the things people liked about DK and still used a weird gimmicky control method. I'd argue Jungle Beat truly didnt become great until the New Play Control Wii port.

Then enter Paon who developed King of Swing, Jungle Climber, and Barrel Blast. The former 2 games are very forgettable spin-offs with a weird as hell gameplay style no one was asking for. Not to mention the controls in those games take some getting use to. No one asked for Clu Clu Land sequels with a DK coat of paint. Then Barrel Blast comes out and while I enjoy that game (its a guilty pleasure) its considered by many to be one of the worst products Nintendo has ever released due to poor graphics, poor controls, and half baked slow gameplay.

Not to mention this is all happening with NO mainline DK games happening at the time except the GBA DKC ports. Many of which consider to be the WORST way to experience those games and are viewed as the "George Lucas Special Edition" versions.

So basically DK had to wait all the way from 1999-2010 for a proper true Quality mainline game with Returns.

Meanwhile during the GCN/GBA/DS/Wii era Metroid had Prime, Prime 2: Echoes, Prime 3: Corruption, Fusion, Prime Hunters, Other M, and Zero Mission. All mainline games (except Hunters) all released to critical acclaim. I guarantee you if you compare the Metacritic scores between all those Metroid games to the ones DK received during that same period, Metroid trumps it except maybe Other M (which I like btw). Yeah Other M was divisive between the fanbase and Nintendo followed it up with Federation Force (a spin-off) 6 years later but that's still only 6 years compared to DK's 11 year gap. Also Samus Returns came out 2 years later. Metroid still got 2 brand new games on 3DS (1 spin-off and 1 remake) where DK only got a port...

Hell Metroid is already better off on Switch so far than DK. We know Metroid Prime 4 is coming. Yes its unfortunate that development got restarted from scratch but at least its confirmed and we know Retro is working on it. What does DK have? A Wii U port with no extra added content but an easy mode and $10 more than it was on Wii U. We have no idea if a new DK game is in development for all we know DK could go again like the 3DS and get nothing but a single port for the systems entire lifespan..

Also I totally agree about the DK fans not being as loud and as vocal as they should be compared to other Nintendo fanbases. Yes we were loud about bringing K.Rool to Smash but thats it...It showed it can work but for some reason DK fans dont want to show that same amount of passion and enthusiasm for a new DK game or Dixie in Smash or more DK characters in Mario spin-offs..We know DK has a sizable fanbase (Its Nintendo's 5th best selling franchise for a reason) but I think Nintendo has treated the series like dirt for so long that a lot of the fanbase gave up trying to get Nintendo to care or were just Rare fans and once Rare left, a good chunk of the DK fanbase left too. It also doesn't help Nintendo killed DK's brand identity over the years as a lot of kids nowadays view DK as nothing more than a Mario spin-off series or just DK and Diddy as Mario spin-off characters..

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I hear Metroid fans say "they had it worse" but I BEG to differ. Just look at the GCN/GBA/DS/Wii era and TRY to tell me Metroid had it worse than DK. Rare left Nintendo in 2002. DK64 was the last true DK game we got for awhile and regardless of how you feel about it now at the time the game received fantastic reviews and it was big and ambitious for its time. So what does Nintendo do to try and follow it up? A gimmicky rhythm game spin-off with a lame accessory, Donkey Konga. Im sorry that game SUCKS! Instead of making a rhythm game based on the amazing music found in the DKC series we got a rhythm game filled with random pop songs, public domain music, and songs from OTHER Nintendo franchises instead of DK...

Then Nintendo decides to triple down on the concept and release 2 sequels and Jungle Beat. While I think Jungle Beat is an underrated gem it still tossed away all the things people liked about DK and still used a weird gimmicky control method. I'd argue Jungle Beat truly didnt become great until the New Play Control Wii port.

Then enter Paon who developed King of Swing, Jungle Climber, and Barrel Blast. The former 2 games are very forgettable spin-offs with a weird as hell gameplay style no one was asking for. Not to mention the controls in those games take some getting use to. No one asked for Clu Clu Land sequels with a DK coat of paint. Then Barrel Blast comes out and while I enjoy that game (its a guilty pleasure) its considered by many to be one of the worst products Nintendo has ever released due to poor graphics, poor controls, and half baked slow gameplay.

Not to mention this is all happening with NO mainline DK games happening at the time except the GBA DKC ports. Many of which consider to be the WORST way to experience those games and are viewed as the "George Lucas Special Edition" versions.

So basically DK had to wait all the way from 1999-2010 for a proper true Quality mainline game with Returns.

Meanwhile during the GCN/GBA/DS/Wii era Metroid had Prime, Prime 2: Echoes, Prime 3: Corruption, Fusion, Prime Hunters, Other M, and Zero Mission. All mainline games (except Hunters) all released to critical acclaim. I guarantee you if you compare the Metacritic scores between all those Metroid games to the ones DK received during that same period, Metroid trumps it except maybe Other M (which I like btw). Yeah Other M was divisive between the fanbase and Nintendo followed it up with Federation Force (a spin-off) 6 years later but that's still only 6 years compared to DK's 11 year gap. Also Samus Returns came out 2 years later. Metroid still got 2 brand new games on 3DS (1 spin-off and 1 remake) where DK only got a port...

Hell Metroid is already better off on Switch so far than DK. We know Metroid Prime 4 is coming. Yes its unfortunate that development got restarted from scratch but at least its confirmed and we know Retro is working on it. What does DK have? A Wii U port with no extra added content but an easy mode and $10 more than it was on Wii U. We have no idea if a new DK game is in development for all we know DK could go again like the 3DS and get nothing but a single port for the systems entire lifespan..

Also I totally agree about the DK fans not being as loud and as vocal as they should be compared to other Nintendo fanbases. Yes we were loud about bringing K.Rool to Smash but thats it...It showed it can work but for some reason DK fans dont want to show that same amount of passion and enthusiasm for a new DK game or Dixie in Smash or more DK characters in Mario spin-offs..We know DK has a sizable fanbase (Its Nintendo's 5th best selling franchise for a reason) but I think Nintendo has treated the series like dirt for so long that a lot of the fanbase gave up trying to get Nintendo to care or were just Rare fans and once Rare left, a good chunk of the DK fanbase left too. It also doesn't help Nintendo killed DK's brand identity over the years as a lot of kids nowadays view DK as nothing more than a Mario spin-off series or just DK and Diddy as Mario spin-off characters..
Metroid already has it better than DK in Smash in that they got both Ridley and Dark Samus while DK just got Rool.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Hey everyone, let's not bellyache about how we have it so much worse than other series. I'd like if we kept this thread positive because honestly complaining feels really fruitless right now, and while one could argue being positive is fruitless, technically everything we do on this thread is fruitless anyway due to Sakurai's tweet last year about how everyone should please stop sending him requests. So when it comes to fruitless actions, I'd rather the positive rather than negative kind.

I'm saying "fruitless" a lot because I accidentally dropped a fruit smoothie today and I've felt sad about it all day.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Hey everyone, let's not bellyache about how we have it so much worse than other series. I'd like if we kept this thread positive because honestly complaining feels really fruitless right now, and while one could argue being positive is fruitless, technically everything we do on this thread is fruitless anyway due to Sakurai's tweet last year about how everyone should please stop sending him requests. So when it comes to fruitless actions, I'd rather the positive rather than negative kind.

I'm saying "fruitless" a lot because I accidentally dropped a fruit smoothie today and I've felt sad about it all day.
Well, let’s take a look at it from another perspective then, less complaining about Metroid itself and rather about Smash as a whole. For a long time, Metroid was one of the only series in Smash to have exclusively female representation, in fact it was the only series to have this distinction until Bayonetta in Smash 4, while most series had zero or no females (obviously for series like Punch Out this makes sense, but for series like DK and Star Fox, there are incredibly obvious choices for female characters). In Ultimate it finally got its first male character, making it lose this distinction. Now of course Ridley is deserving and all, but it would have been nice to see one of the many series exclusively represented by males get a female newcomer. Yet something I noticed about all of Ultimate’s female newcomers were that they were all from series that already had female characters or from brand new universes (assuming Pokemon are both genders). Not a single exclusively male represented series got a female newcomer, even for DK and Star Fox where there are literally incredibly popular main heroines right there for the taking. All I’m saying is that when the only female dominated 1st Party series finally got its biggest male character Ridley, it would have been nice to see DK and Star Fox get Dixie and Krystal in return.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I feel like we have the right to complain. DKC gets less love than franchises that sell less, and are less popular. If it wasn't for the constant push and high interest of Nintendo to keep the franchise as relevant as possible, DKC would outperform Zelda, with ease.

While I loved Jungle Climber, I can't say that outside of this little gem there where many quality games for DKC untill DKC Returns. That's a kind way of saying there was naught. I enjoyed Jungle Beat for what it was, but it's basically how Nintendo would retcon the whole DKC franchise, if they found standing ground with it. Took heavy inspiration from DKC, but didn't respect it at all. *sigh*

Why be "positive", because there's nothing to be really positive about right now. Just be realistic, that allows for a better perspective, and change can come from it. Why aren't Kremling Kampainers working to make noise about a new DKC, with Kremlings and K.Rool....? We lost all our damn traction after K.Rool got into Smash. K.Rool in Smash does NOT make things right for all the neglect DKC has gotten over the years.

Why is it so hard for them to release DKC as regular as the other franchises while it heavily outperforms them?! Zelda and Metroid do tons better in the West as well, but they DO get attention from Nintendo of Japan.

It's depressing.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Well, let’s take a look at it from another perspective then, less complaining about Metroid itself and rather about Smash as a whole. For a long time, Metroid was one of the only series in Smash to have exclusively female representation, in fact it was the only series to have this distinction until Bayonetta in Smash 4, while most series had zero or no females (obviously for series like Punch Out this makes sense, but for series like DK and Star Fox, there are incredibly obvious choices for female characters). In Ultimate it finally got its first male character, making it lose this distinction. Now of course Ridley is deserving and all, but it would have been nice to see one of the many series exclusively represented by males get a female newcomer. Yet something I noticed about all of Ultimate’s female newcomers were that they were all from series that already had female characters or from brand new universes (assuming Pokemon are both genders). Not a single exclusively male represented series got a female newcomer, even for DK and Star Fox where there are literally incredibly popular main heroines right there for the taking. All I’m saying is that when the only female dominated 1st Party series finally got its biggest male character Ridley, it would have been nice to see DK and Star Fox get Dixie and Krystal in return.
That's a better way of putting it, I suppose. Still, I don't really have any desire to be jealous of the Metroid representation, mostly because while it did get two newcomers, one of them, Dark Samus, just doesn't feel right as an Echo Fighter to me. I understand the position Dark Samus was in, where she hadn't been in a game in over a decade, was canonically killed off, and was unlikely to ever return despite being a huge part of the Metroid Prime series, but I'm not one of those people that's happy that Dark Samus came back at all. I wanted her as either a semi-clone or a unique fighter, especially since her Assist Trophy in Smash 4 showed her doing stuff we know Samus never could.

All the effort the Smash team put into Dark Samus' animations, making her feel more eerie and alien than Samus, I do appreciate that. But it ultimately can't quite make me happy seeing her just do Samus' attacks with none of her own (except her Final Smash, which does fit her more than it fits Samus). I look at all the people who want Dixie Kong in as an echo and I wince. Even if the same animation work was done on Dixie to make her look distinct from Diddy, it still wouldn't feel right to me, and I assume other users in this thread. So ultimately I see it less as "Metroid has it better than us!" and more as "both Metroid and DK got a hugely requested unique villain character, oh and I guess Metroid got an unfortunate compromise of an Echo Fighter with Dark Samus as well."

As for the male / female point, I can definitely understand to an extent. I don't really like leaving out the important women in discussions on Nintendo series. Even with third-party series, i made a stink about how it was a real shame we got the male protagonists of Dragon Quest III and IV but not their female counterparts. But at least with Krystal, she had the Dark Samus problem of being very important, but only in a past era. Though I definitely would have liked to see her playable, I actually really like Krystal's Assist Trophy. It's very faithful to the abilities in Star Fox Adventures and overall a great tribute to a character Sakurai must have realized fans really loved, but unfortunately just didn't have enough priority in a game that would have a very small amount of newcomers this time. She probably could have made it in if she had K. Rool or Ridley levels of fan demand, but no one was gonna reach THOSE heights in demand. Those two were unmatched titans in Smash fan circles, and I doubt, when it comes to Nintendo characters at least, that anyone will ever match their demand, so I don't feel too bad that Krystal couldn't make it given the circumstances even if it's a shame such a major Star Fox character couldn't be playable along with the other ones.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I'm just tired. Too tired to be too negative about videogames. Feel like there's enough problems life can throw at you and other people behind the screens. I'd rather be jokey or happy about it. I also sometimes worry when things get too negative, there are some people that take it way too far. I don't really want to deal with that in any way. So I'd rather help make an environment that is less negative overall.

I'll still get into it on the internet when I disagree about something, but I try not to be too harsh or get too angry or get too consumed with it. I feel like it's just exhausting if you do. And you end up hurting yourself and you end up hurting other people who sometimes express their frustration with something in their life on online forums. It's a balance. You have to be able to express you want something changed while still learning not to get too deeply bitter.

And honestly, things are probably less dire than they seem. Nintendo is just part of a secretive industry and we don't really have a headsup when things are being made. I would have preferred that Nintendo had celebrated DKC's anniversary, but I'm not torn up over it because I really don't think the DK brand will be dormant for much longer. They're making a DK-themed theme park after all.

I think you can still make a difference just showing love for the characters/series you like. And as we've seen, there really is a lot of love out there for these characters and games.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

View attachment 247703
Wikipedia isn't really that reliable and can easily be edited by trolls or people in general just trying to spread misinformation.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
^I don't really understand what point you're trying to make. The point is that Dixie Kong doesn't have an article of her own even though she's as prolific as Diddy and K. Rool, it doesn't really matter if the site is reliable in that context.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
^I don't really understand what point you're trying to make. The point is that Dixie Kong doesn't have an article of her own even though she's as prolific as Diddy and K. Rool, it doesn't really matter if the site is reliable in that context.
I guess so, but Wikipedia shouldn't be viewed as the end all be all of trivia. There are other encyclopedia sites where you will find Dixie Kong's name and background of her legacy.

Last edited:

zipzapsparkle

Smash Journeyman
I’m sorry to hear that DKC’s anniversary wasn’t acknowledged by Nintendo. Idk what’s going on but I did see a lot of well known people acknowledge the series.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I’m sorry to hear that DKC’s anniversary wasn’t acknowledged by Nintendo. Idk what’s going on but I did see a lot of well known people acknowledge the series.
It's a real shame because even if Nintendo doesn't care about Rare's DKC, they should at least celebrate it for Donkey Kong because he is just as important as Mario both being around from the beginning of Nintendo's amazing legacy in the video game industry.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I guess so, but Wikipedia shouldn't be viewed as the end all be all of trivia. There are other encyclopedia sites where you will find Dixie Kong's name and background of her legacy.
It shouldn’t be viewed as that and I certainly don’t get Nintendo information from it (I more so rely on specialized wikis from NIWA for that). However at the end of the day it is by far the most widely used wiki worldwide and where subject matters get by far the more exposure, something Dixie is in dire need of right now, by any means necessary, no matter how small it may seem, anything can make a difference, because all the little things will eventually add up.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'd actually love another sort of spin off game right now. Doesn't matter what it is really as long as the quality is good and the lore is respected.

Mariomaniac45213

Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
SomecallmeJohnny's 25 hour Donkey Kong charity livestream has returned! Hopefully this time their are no hackers/thieves/technical issues. So if you want to donate to a Childrens hospital while sitting back and watching every DK game from the arcade DK all the way to Tropical Freeze being played here you go:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
OK I'm advertising the livestream in the thread's title. Hopefully that attracts tons of attention.
Yea, TBH the tvtropes page on DK characters does a good job with Dixie's entry.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
Forgot to check in here for DKC's 25th anniversary, happy to see there was so much support!! Dixie Kong is an essential part of the DKC series, and having her in Smash would, I feel, give us a sense of completion for DK series reps. At least, for how the series currently stands. Dixie is a major piece of that puzzle, and without her, yeah, it's a missing piece. Having the top three is nice, and I can certainly live with it, and even when stacked up against others series in Smash, it does feel fair. But... Deep down, we all know, Dixie deserves to be part of it.

Anyway, it's great to celebrate DKC with the fans, journalists, and staff of the games (Nintendo themselves can get shoved into a barrel though)
dkc25.png
Happy 25th Anniversary Donkey Kong Country!!

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Forgot to check in here for DKC's 25th anniversary, happy to see there was so much support!! Dixie Kong is an essential part of the DKC series, and having her in Smash would, I feel, give us a sense of completion for DK series reps. At least, for how the series currently stands. Dixie is a major piece of that puzzle, and without her, yeah, it's a missing piece. Having the top three is nice, and I can certainly live with it, and even when stacked up against others series in Smash, it does feel fair. But... Deep down, we all know, Dixie deserves to be part of it.

Anyway, it's great to celebrate DKC with the fans, journalists, and staff of the games (Nintendo themselves can get shoved into a barrel though)
View attachment 247826
Happy 25th Anniversary Donkey Kong Country!!
Did you make this? It's excellent!

Top Bottom